Only people I choose can see this video
  • Anyone can see this video
  • Only I can see this video
  • Only people I follow can see this video
  • Only people with a password can see this video
  • Only people I choose can see this video
  • Hide this video from Vimeo
  • Only people with the private link

So it looks like i need to ick either people with a password, people I choose, or people with the link.  It seems to me that those with a password or link could sell or give it away to anyone else, so It looks like it must be people I choose.  It also looks like people would need to ay me first and then I enter their email or something like that.

I was hoping that Vimeo would collect the money for me and then pay me in order to streamline the process.

Maybe it's Patreon that I want, but when I checked that before it looks like they only have monthly subscriptions, and I would rather sell the video outright and be done with it.

I’m trying E-Junkie (inexpensive and I’m new at this as well - so far its good)

Keep us updated on your progress with Amazon. If I go in that direction anytime soon I’ll let you know what I come up with.

The format issues are unclear to me at this point. But there are some excellent converters out there.

7 hours ago, Starjumper said:

These are the choices that are available for selling on Vimeo

Privacy

Only people I choose can see this video
  • Anyone can see this video
  • Only I can see this video
  • Only people I follow can see this video
  • Only people with a password can see this video
  • Only people I choose can see this video
  • Hide this video from Vimeo
  • Only people with the private link

So it looks like i need to ick either people with a password, people I choose, or people with the link.  It seems to me that those with a password or link could sell or give it away to anyone else, so It looks like it must be people I choose.  It also looks like people would need to ay me first and then I enter their email or something like that.

I was hoping that Vimeo would collect the money for me and then pay me in order to streamline the process.

Maybe it's Patreon that I want, but when I checked that before it looks like they only have monthly subscriptions, and I would rather sell the video outright and be done with it.

An option could be publishing (vimeo or youtube) an easy to see Short video, 1/4 or 1/3 the whole length and then linking <for money> to the full one.  or that might compliment one of the above strategies.

and there's relying on the gratitude of stranger, beginning and ending each (free) video with a call for electronic karmic funding, ie 'If you've learned gained from this, I request you send $x to ..'  and ending with 'I consider this form priceless, but ask if you practice it send $x to ..'.  Note for many $5 and <$10 is throwaway money.  Over that and its an expense to think about.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Unless you are working with a publisher and they take over the reins it will take a few things to get it up and running but once done it will be a piece of cake.

EJunkie currently upgrades your beginning account to 9.95 a month with 200 Gb of storage and no fees - unlimited products.

When someone clicks through you pay only the transaction fees that Paypal or others charge.

If you’re something sold through Amazon then the fees are much higher there But obviously the audience is big. 

THe customers through EJunkie automatically get sent a thank you follow up and you are notified as well.

You can send dvds to amazon and they will ship them and do everything if you qualify but the price / cost ratio is pretty tough in low cost items - they charge quite a bit.

I have several products I manufacture stored and shipped by amazon - love it - but not cheap.

They handle everything - and money is automatically dumped every 7 days unless I do it manually.

Costs are upwards of 45% on cheap items and even more but much better on more expensive items.

This download thing is way easier than you think - just don’t forget to use copywrite free music and pictures - it will get red flagged in a second if thats not right.

If it does not work out the overall costs are not high. What cost money are good wireless invisible head mics and other vid production.

Im doing all of that myself and it is slow - I’m not wealthy.

16 hours ago, Spotless said:

just don’t forget to use copywrite free music and pictures - it will get red flagged in a second if thats not right.

How about if on the description you name the music and include a link to the original Utube video it came from, that is considered OK, isn't it?  At least I only do it to music that isn't hit type music.  You can see how I did that in the Black Dragon videos I posted,

Now I think it would be best to name the music and it's link at the end of the video also.  

Edited by Starjumper

It is a good gesture to name it and add links but it could get flagged.

Companies have bots that search for their music - some are pretty tight and some do nothing.

In general if they are looking and find something your site or viewability goes down and you get flagged until it is fixed.

If it’s a relative unknown then a link and naming may be fine and they may be happy you are getting them out there. Generally they don’t call you up and personally get pissed or shake your hand - you get flagged and shut down or you don’t.