You can try to stretch and move your whole body, especially those parts contracted. And don't forget to relax them well

If your blockages are due to physical trauma, you might try acupuncture.

I had a pretty good right shoulder injury years (12+ yrs) ago due to a fall that I thought had healed up pretty good but with some residual discomfort and loss of range of motion. One day while getting an acupuncture treatment for some thing unrelated, my acupucturist notice a slight wince as i sat up on the table. He asked, "What wrong?" (He spoke only some English.) I told him shoulder was stiff. He told me to sit still and proceeded to needle the shoulder and surrounding area. Then in chiropractic fashion elevated my arm laterally parallel to the ground with some discomfort. After doing this several times he raised my arm laterally up past parallel to almost straight up. I won't tell you it was not painful but it was tolerable. He repeated process two more times, adjusting the needles. I asked what had happened and his only response was, "Qi blocked. Feel better now." Since then I have had full range of motion with no discomfort.

Guess my point being that issues can persist long after you think they have healed. Qigong might not be able to address all blockages quickly. I have since paid attention during ZZ to both shoulders making sure the joints are open  for optimal qi flow.

Hope you get to improving.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rideforever said:

I have some serious blockages from trauma, whole regions contracted.

The only way I have found to really deal with them is Outer Dissolving which is damn slow.

Also ZZ does dissolve them, gradually, thank God.

But in relation to Qigong, they seem to get the Qi flowing, strongly, amazingly and also create new energy structure .... but I cannot say that any Qigong really resulted in a a large decrease of any blockages.   Some small superficial blockages can get washed away, but for anything more serious I have always needed to do timeconsuming and not-much-fun techniques, either Dissolving or ZZ.

I like ZZ, so that's okay.

But anyone has anything else to recommend ??

Looking forward to what others say.

How long have you been doing energy practice/qigong? I ask, because i thought it was the actual solution to issues such as traumatized parts of my body. But not so sure if that alone is enough now.

I was learning to heal myself before i came across these practices 3 months ago and created a lot of theories that have proven to work for me at least.

Since trying to get into these practices, and following directions, i have since felt like my body is not as balanced as before. My theory was because my body is 'broken' to the point where qigong practices are not as effective, it's not granular enough and slow enough to focus on what needs to be worked on.  Like there might be prior preparation that needs to be made.

For now, i can say that the main ideas i have thought about are:
- if you've had physical trauma, the body conforms to a certain mechanical way of working/moving at all times. That means everything from standing, walking, running, sitting, etc. further keeps those areas imbalanced.

- so one must re-train the bio mechanics to work properly when doing practically every activity.

- to me retraining biomechanics means loosening the muscles (through a variety of methods), working them out in a specific way where it is moving exactly how it should with all correct muscles recruiting.

- i have specific techniques i will share. but i want to hear more and what others have to say.

These physical injuries, in my opinion is one gateway to full potential. Soreness from running is a physical injury too.

- without getting into specifics, one theory also goes along the lines of injury -> muscle dysfunction else where -> incorrect posture at core areas such as face, hips. So one needs to fix the dysfunction in that same order all the way to the end. Otherwise, any of these can simply recreate entire issue again.

In my experience these more traumatic injuries are an opportunity to become very energy powerful, because of the requirement it takes to fix oneself.

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

When I was about 1 year old I was abandoned by my parents and I got very sick and was in hospital and since then my right side has been numb, in the head I lost hearing on that side but actually the entire side is full of deep blockages, not simply stuff, it feels coal, hard contracted, it runs the entire right side the outside half of the leg and foot, up the body through the liver, then split the right eye.

One thing is that it's just extremely painful to work on, especially in the head.   The other thing is that the channels are blocked at both ends so it's difficult to gauge progress because I have to work at the foot and head one after the other to get progress.   But yesterday I tried a much softer approach and it seemed to do something good.

With ZZ, for quite a long time I stood and that right side did not actually participate, it was just numb.   And it just wasn't doing anything it was a dead zone.

So that was a couple of years back; since then I mostly do left / right weighted postures for each position, this has shifted things ... I have prioritised getting flow into that area regardless of the accuracy of the posture .. that side just must participate somehow.

Also Santi, if the back leg is the right side then that position helps open the calf.  And recently I have started single weighted stances which put a lot of qi pressure into each side.   

Anyway some progress yesterday taking a softer approach, I suppose I am still tensing these areas subconsciously all the time.

Yesterday I did some Inner Bonding work which seemed to help.

But yeah, years of various qigong forms has done almost nothing for that side, although I am quite expert at filling myself with powerful qi energy and buzzing around full of energy.   I think if you personality is very developed then you would also need to work on it.   If it is less developed then it may cause you fewer problems.

Edit: feel dumb for neglecting the obvious. I am very sorry to hear what you went through. I also had my share of tribulations as a child, which now i realize probably affected me a lot unknowingly until now. Just know you're not alone and it's all fixable, which is why i jumped on explaining all of this. It answered questions i had forgotten i had over a decade ago.

Seems like we are very similar in many physical aspects. i may be able to help, though i'm sure some others will chime in.

i've gone through an intense journey of body correction the past 2 years, so you might have to trust me on this one.

Assuming ZZ is maybe a bit too intense, therefore not creating enough soft feeling sensation. I still don't know all the specifcs about it, but if i were you i would probably pause it. Maybe replace it with something slower like Flying Pheonix. Of course, use your own judgment though.

questions:
- what specific injuries do you have if any? Apart from the blockages and stiffness on that side.

- do you sit a lot?

- do you currently run or exercise? if so, how much do you run?

- age? give or take

- do you smoke marijuana? would you?

What you can do now (all you need to know for now):
- Start running and max out, but not to kill yourself. But past when your mind says i can't go further. When you're at the point of body exhaustion, that is when you should begin to think with your muscles. What i mean by that is that you will begin feeling more sensitivity to all your muscles, because you are forced to utilize them. The body gets the point of complete exhaustion where it forces the dormant or stiff muscle groups to have to begin activating. (these may not activate well when running and not tired yet). This effect only happens past the point of exhaustion, or runner's high. Also where epiphanies are made :). Track your runs too, so you can keep pushing the point of exhaustion every time. Your goal should be to get to this point and keep going every time.

Tips on what to do while running in exhausted state. Start comparing your bad side to your good side. You don't have to think of everything as a whole just yet. Think of small ares, such as your quad, hamstring. Don't 'over think', just feel. And try to get it in balance with the other leg. But most importantly go for the areas you know need the most urgent attention or will make the biggest difference. And as always breathe into the muscle so you can relax it and activate it, since currently it is stiff and dormant.

- Order some disc sliders:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0195KXS6I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- If it doesn't make a huge dent, get a 7lb mace. I get mine's from Onnit. I developed an interesting concept with the mace. Idk if it's out there on the internet, but i dont research, because i like keeping what works and not infiltrating with it too much. I call it the support system. Long story short, it's about one side carrying the heavy load and leading, while the weak side that needs to be rehabilitated simply follows along with the right movement, action, and activation, because it doesn't need to carry that much weight at all. And another effect in a similar way in vice versa. This allows the underdeveloped (messed up) side to do movements withought have to put much effort, therefore recreating biomechanic movement.

- This is quite possibly why i developed healing hands or energy moving hands. The above are shortcuts for things i've already discovered. But near the beginning of where it all began, i began obsessing over this technique of pressure and release using hands. For example, with my fingers i would press on let's say my upper chest, and i would simply breathe in and out while focusing on that area. And i would just begin doing this through my whole body, most of the time my left side.

I would probably begin doing this on your face and in your mouth. Literally put your fingers in your mouth and massage the insides of your cheeks, your gums, lips. That will release so much tension you have throughout your body.

The running is the main one though. your body needs to get to the point of exhaustion where it doesn't recognize itself and only wants to survive. That's when you can begin creating change.

The other option is to go to physical therapy places, sports medicine ones seem good.

Though i will say it was refusal and lost hope in "professionals" that allowed me to develop abilities. But it takes a motha*** of an effort to recover.

Edited by welkin
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

When I was about 1 year old I was abandoned by my parents and I got very sick and was in hospital

I'm sorry this happened to you buddy. Your dedication and perseverance really shines through your posts, so keep on doing what you are doing, and I'm sure you'll overcome these final blockages. Maybe look into developing your meditation and spirituality, which will make Qigong affect deeper energetic layers. Because moving Qigong really just moves blockages around, it's true. It will change the intensity of the blockage of course, but the blockage will just move at a different speed and in a different direction. It will still be there, or at least transform into something else later, especially if your emotions aren't balanced.  When you enter the absolute void, no blockages can exist there by definition, in a vacuum. The blockages just evaporate. But stillness like this is not easy to access. You might already get very close with your ZZ and inner dissolving, just keep going deeper and deeper in the stillness. There is no sense of boredom in that void, at least when you get past boredom, you should be there.

You can also try to call on a higher energy before doing your Qigong too - for example connect to the Sun, to Light, or a Master you like and make a prayer for the energy to affect the part you are wanting to heal. I also have a mild right/left energetic imbalance, my Masters told me, and they also told me that just speaking about it somehow erased that blockage. Because every cry is a prayer, every wish is a prayer, and something is always listening to you. It can be easy as saying to a higher energy that you want to balance your right and left sides of the body and hold your hands in the prayer position in front of the heart. And then releasing everything to that Light. Sometimes bigger blockages need Divine intervention, being a performer in charge of everything is not enough in these cases. I know it sounds like new age stuff, but it's really just the power of intent and opening up to a bigger energetic field. Qi follows intent, especially if you state your intent in front of the eyes of God. For example in marriage, people don't see how it affects two people energetically to make vows in front of God. You become energetically linked. 

Hope it helps, and take good care.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Hmm.. Well I think I used to take this kind of approach, I did a lot of bioenergetics, screaming shouting, exhausting, plus lots of work in the gym and kickboxing until half dead.   Also interesting I did get a "broom" like a wooden batton which spreads out, and used to beat my body before qigong shaolin style .... pretty good fun !!!!   I have done a lot of extreme ***.   Running yeah I do quite like it but also I really boring, plus the only place here is the seafront which is cambered towards the see the whole way along, so your bones are misaligned in one direction, and misaligned the other way when on the way back !!!   Not good for my knees.  Plus I am more of a child at heart I like expressing my body flowing twisting jumping.
But anyway, however much fun all that was and however much time I wasted, it didn't help me, sad to say.  Now I am older and don't have to time to do things that don't answer my ownheart.

I get what you're saying. Never been a running guy myself to be honest. I used to find it as the most boring thing to do. But something really hit when i began doing it instinctual. It is an interesting form of meditation, especially when you're past the point of exhaustion, where your body is just going. I think it has to do with the sheer repetitive movement and no change at all. It makes you think about the patterns constantly and the body begins adjusting how it should to do the movement. 

I will admit that it is fairly taxing on the knees though. It has affected mine no doubt.

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Ultimately after all these years I just wanted to have a normal human life.   Jeez, I have done just about everything else !!!   I am trying to pretend I am not boring, but I am boring, I am really really boring, I just want to be normal.

You're fine... What if you didn't need fixing ? Think about it .... All this fixing makes you think you aren't fine. All this focus on complex movements and theories.... You don't need any of that, you're already fine. Even if your childhood is unique compared to many others it doesn't mean you aren't fine and loved the same way by the universe. God created you and knows your value. You don't need to prove yourself to God or anybody else. Most people have traumas and bad pasts, myself included, but you also have the opportunity to embrace the real you, and choose to live your life with the part that doesn't need fixing, your heart, at every step of the way. 

• Like 3

Yeah.... you're already normal. When you think you're not, you loose your balance, and end up caught in the superior/inferior thing.  Your childhood is your personal content. But rest assured that everyone else follows the same process, they just have different content.  And everyone is convinced that their own content or story is different/worst than others. They defend it by saying... yes, but you have no idea how much or how bad... etc. I know..I really know.... it sucks, and there are so many layers of suffering in this world. I feel so sorry for all this, I don't even know what to make of it. But I'm suggesting to look at the process, and not the content.

When you enter the "there is something wrong and not enough" conversation, which could be about any content, not just yours, then you loose your balance energetically. Spiritually, you lose your place at the center of the universe. You become a victim and need to prove your self-worth to others or to create your own sense of normal again. But in the eyes of God, you are not a victim, there is nothing wrong with you. The energy that animates you, does not judge you. Society judges you, and there is no love in judgment.

I'll leave it with the words I underlined, which happen to be the title of a wonderful book by Cheri Huber, one of my dear teachers at the beginning of my path... which I highly recommend to you. Amazon book. This lady is the real deal, not in terms of her Qigong power, she has none of that, but her good heart and piercing wisdom. She started her path by committing suicide, and surviving it. She gleaned a lot of helpful observations along the way. This book is outstanding by the way, but it's not Taoist or anything like that, it's Zen. It's what started me on the path. I've met her many times and she gave me some wonderful hugs. She lives in California.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rideforever said:

So that was a couple of years back; since then I mostly do left / right weighted postures for each position, this has shifted things ... I have prioritised getting flow into that area regardless of the accuracy of the posture .. that side just must participate somehow.

Also Santi, if the back leg is the right side then that position helps open the calf.  And recently I have started single weighted stances which put a lot of qi pressure into each side.   

I was going to recommend something like this.  Start with legs about shoulder width and shift weight to essentially 100% to one leg and then shift it 100% to the other leg.  The key is to do it very, very slowly to encourage the energy build-up and release to opposite sides.  I also move the arm up on same side as the left shift.  Palm up when going up and palm down when going down.  Keep shoulders to wrist completely relaxed.

Yeah... it's tough. One famous Buddhist Master, Reggie Ray, still has trauma because his caretakers left him crying through the night when he was an infant. They never went for him because their perspective was that it would make him stronger or something like that. So he was left alone crying in the dark, through the night, for his entire infant-hood. He has countless hours of meditation under his belt and still struggles with it. One time he was yelling stuff in meditation to release it, in a very cathartic manner, like 60 or 70 years after the fact.

I'm not talking about delusion though. You can still be honest in how you feel. I'm just saying see yourself more through the eyes of the Divine, and not through the eyes of judgment. This is not your fault. Not judging yourself doesn't mean you'll stop making progress. 

Yeah when I used the word 'content', that was more on the psychological level you are right. Anyways, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Yeah when I used the word 'content', that was more on the psychological level you are right. Anyways, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

If it´s any consolation, you´re of help to me.

12 hours ago, rideforever said:

When I was about 1 year old I was abandoned by my parents and I got very sick and was in hospital and since then my right side has been numb, in the head I lost hearing on that side but actually the entire side is full of deep blockages, not simply stuff, it feels coal, hard contracted, it runs the entire right side the outside half of the leg and foot, up the body through the liver, then split the right eye.

The way I do healings for things, is I try to figure out what the body is trying to say.  If we can truly figure out, we can try to reverse the deep personality dynamic.

You were abandoned at 1 (I am so sorry to hear this).  I'd be interested to know what your sickness was at that age.  The fact that your right side is numb and you sense blockages is the body trying to say something in code.  The fact that it involved so many of your senses (eye, ear, sensory feeling of contraction and hardness) is the clue, I think.

It of course relates to the abandonment, not having a warm body holding you and meeting your needs.  Although you were only a baby and probably don't remember anything, your body remembers.  It braced itself against the pain of abandonment (we would have to try to narrow this down even further).  This has solidified.

To do a healing with these deep dynamics, we would need to figure out the connection between the manifestations of your body (loss of sense and developing blockages) to the original pain.  Maybe, at its most general, it started with that crying baby deciding not to feel anything ever again - not hear anything, not see anything.  Your baby-depression must have been horrendous, and even though you didn't know the words to think those thoughts, those feelings were there anyway.  There may have been horrible things you witnessed before the abandonment - lots of shouting, physical abuse around the house, stuff like that.

To reverse this dynamic, we would need to figure out something that would reverse it - back to the place where you felt warm and accepted, loved.  This is done with a small ceremony that you could do in your back yard.  We need to find a SYMBOLIC and physical way of you expressing the exact opposite - and setting your intent to live out your life with a perfect body.  We'd have to give some thought as to what object or small act would reverse the dynamic we find. It has to be symbolic, but we do need to bring the inner dynamic to the physical realm, deal with it in the physical realm by reversing the dynamic, and then go on about your way with a new inner dynamic, hopefully regaining feeling and any other sense loss you've experienced.

I would do a long distance healing from here at the same time you do the ceremony.  We could try zapping it from two angles.  If you want to give this a try, I'm up for it.

Standard Qi Gong won’t shift this deep trauma. Shifting this trauma should never be the aim of your practice - that will just entrench it further.

There are two things that will help:

1) Zi Fa Gong

2) Sitting practice... (specifically alchemical sitting practice - but you need to build up to it) - start with being able to sit quietly in perfect posture.

You'll need a teacher to get either of these going...

On 5/21/2019 at 2:12 PM, rideforever said:

-

I see your point but I must dash.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Something to try might be Barry Long's guided meditation.  Two of its components are letting go of thought and forgiveness; actually aimed a parent realizing they did the best they could under the circumstances they were raised in.  Maybe its just a band aid, but sometimes with the proper covering, things heal.

Edited by thelerner