Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Qi

karmamudra / jnanamudra - visualised deity partner

Just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on where to look for info/books dealing with the  jnanamudra aspect of karmamudra and what practice they belong to  ? thanks :)

On 20. 5. 2019 at 4:26 PM, Bruce Qi said:

Just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on where to look for info/books dealing with the  jnanamudra aspect of karmamudra and what practice they belong to  ? thanks :)

It is a part of highest yoga tantra and can be found in cycles connected with it, such as Chakrasamvara, Hevajra, etc. As such there is no point in practicing it without a teacher, empowerment, instructions and preliminaries.

There's a book that seems written for you about tantra from preliminaries to meditation, through sacred sex to clear light, but I can't remember the title. It was made available for free by the author. 

I'll post the title when I can remember it, but maybe someone else know what I'm talking about. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

There's a book that seems written for you about tantra from preliminaries to meditation, through sacred sex to clear light, but I can't remember the title. It was made available for free by the author. 

I'll post the title when I can remember it, but maybe someone else know what I'm talking about. 

yeah thats where i saw it mentioned, i cant remember the name now though.

6 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

It is called "Great Bliss: Tantric Sex and the path to inner awakening" by John T. Housemann

Seems to be the only book which describes the karmamudra stuff....though that is the highest one so nothing for beginners. the book is quite good as it strips tantra of some layers of the almost religous "doings" that has accumulated over the centuries. It starts with prelimaneries and goes on to very high stuff (including self initiation with the deity).......

I would also read the books from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.....very practical and eveything in except the karmamudra stuff. (but has some infos about visualized deity partners).

best

Edited by MIchael80
  • Thanks 1

On 29. 5. 2019 at 2:38 PM, MIchael80 said:

It is called "Great Bliss: Tantric Sex and the path to inner awakening" by John T. Housemann

Seems to be the only book which describes the karmamudra stuff....though that is the highest one so nothing for beginners. the book is quite good as it strips tantra of some layers of the almost religous "doings" that has accumulated over the centuries. It starts with prelimaneries and goes on to very high stuff (including self initiation with the deity).......

I would also read the books from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.....very practical and eveything in except the karmamudra stuff. (but has some infos about visualized deity partners).

best

Steer away from the Geshe he is a cultist (worships a gylpo (demon) Shugden)) and broke his samayas. Not a good person to associate with on any level.

On 1.6.2019 at 10:32 PM, Miroku said:

Steer away from the Geshe he is a cultist (worships a gylpo (demon) Shugden)) and broke his samayas. Not a good person to associate with on any level.

shugden was allowed to be whorshipped til the 70's when the Dalai Lama forbide that (a lot still do). I do not do that and i do not care.

I do not care if he broke his vows as i think that is bs all together and has nothing to do with spirituality but with cultural package.

His books give great descriptions of the vajrayana techniques and the path that is what i am interested in.....all power to those who break the secrecy of the systems (in any tradition).

best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this