Sign in to follow this  
Dynasty

Personality Traits.

I've been pondering this for awhile.

Over the past several months of energy cultivation I've seemingly been able to acquire quite a bit. My previous pot and half a day coffee habit is down to less than half a pot. 

So as my energy has increased all of my personality qualities positive/negative have increased as well.  Especially that of a complete lack of patience/understanding towards the dumber people who walk amongst us. Those who keep hitting their thumb with a hammer but can't quite figure out why it hurts crowd. 

I can spot them. I can tell by how they dress, their unkempt appearance, empty eyes. And then they'll say something  dumb like , "Beef and dairy need to be eliminated because cows produce CO2 ", and my organic facial recognition software will register a slight dopamine rush because once again, it was right. This loser truly is an idiot. 

I have a good life. But these idiots are multiplying, because of all the propaganda in the media right now they are too idiotic to recognize, and beginning to encroach upon my sphere. 

Is there any special QiGong I should be aware of that helps to cultivate understanding and empathy for the "Not so Bright"? 

• Like 1

There is no point engaging with an idiot, if you do they win.

There is no need to empathise with idiocy, but you can empathise with the soul of a person ; but then again who cares, your job is you.   Too much empathy is not really natural.   
Just do your job, be you.

• Thanks 1

Metta or bodhicitta meditation. Volunteer work has been known to cultivate compassion too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I've been pondering this for awhile.

Over the past several months of energy cultivation I've seemingly been able to acquire quite a bit. My previous pot and half a day coffee habit is down to less than half a pot. 

So as my energy has increased all of my personality qualities positive/negative have increased as well.  Especially that of a complete lack of patience/understanding towards the dumber people who walk amongst us. Those who keep hitting their thumb with a hammer but can't quite figure out why it hurts crowd. 

I can spot them. I can tell by how they dress, their unkempt appearance, empty eyes. And then they'll say something  dumb like , "Beef and dairy need to be eliminated because cows produce CO2 ", and my organic facial recognition software will register a slight dopamine rush because once again, it was right. This loser truly is an idiot. 

I have a good life. But these idiots are multiplying, because of all the propaganda in the media right now they are too idiotic to recognize, and beginning to encroach upon my sphere. 

Is there any special QiGong I should be aware of that helps to cultivate understanding and empathy for the "Not so Bright"? 

When you cultivate and purify your own energy then you tend to produce an adverse reaction to people with disharmonious or conflicting energy.  Its natural.  However you need to guard against hate or disgust.  By all means avoid some people - although eventually when you have made real progress this will be less necessary - but lack of patience and understanding is your own weakness in the face of the world's 'spin'.  In fact it would be better to see developing patience and understanding as part of your cultivation goals.

I don't mean you should beat yourself up for feeling like this, that won't help.  Take some time to look at your own inner harmony and particularly your heart/mind, see challenging situations as a test of how balanced you have become.  If you can't face it for now just walk away and do more practice.  Hate and anger are destructive forces which damage your own organism.  Labelling someone as an idiot or loser is to try to fix energy when it is a negative phase.  So concentrate on developing your self and not correcting them.  Eventually it will stop bothering you.

• Like 5

My experience is that judgment of others and judgment of self go hand in hand.  When you find yourself feeling negative towards others, that can be a cue to look inside and see if you´re also being a little harsh with yourself. 

If you have a teacher whose guiding your cultivation practice, perhaps talk with your teacher about this?  If you don´t have a teacher, I´d consider slowing down so that you can integrate your growing energy in a way that doesn´t negatively color the way you see others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all. 

I'm probably moving too fast. And I'll need to make a conscious effort to cultivate more patience and understanding. Volunteering would probably be beneficial for me. 

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this