Thanks for sharing all of this. Lately I've been really interested in this region, too. It all started when I watched the video by Indigo Speaker, The True History of the Bible:

https://youtu.be/DUBwboig61Q

(YouTube won't allow this video to be embedded here for some reason). Anyway, I looked for other sources to back up what he says. I found what most people would consider "legitimate" sources to back it up. It's all true and totally destroys the worldview that many people in the Evangelical community hold. 

Then as I dug deeper and learned about things like the collapse of the Bronze Age, invasions by "The Sea People" during the collapse throughout the Mediterranean, chariots were invented in Central Asia, horses were domesticated in Central Asia, then horses and chariots were taken to the Middle East and Egypt, people from Central Asia we're part of the Hyksos along with Semites that briefly ruled Egypt, Indo-Iranian (the real Aryan people), Proto-Indo-European (PIE) language...

I could go on and on. What I'm trying to say is that there is still much to be learned about the influence of ancient Central Asian cultures. I think they were way more advanced than people realize, just as much as Egypt, the Levant, and Mesopotamia.

Edited by escott
  • Like 3

On 5/20/2019 at 9:40 AM, silent thunder said:

Nice topic and really appreciate the pics Starjumper.  That Mountain really sings, as does the valley and that gem in the last one... woof!

I'm a crystal/gem hound and a blade collector from way back.  Been very keen on their presence since childhood and the setting for that stone is pure awesome.  Tesla spoke of the awareness and presence of crystals at length.  Would love to hear its story if you feel like sharing.

I had that made for a wedding ring for my first marriage, (and I didn't pick it out of a catalog, just in case that thought came up).  If I knew then what I know now I would say it was a premonition of a time long ago.  The ruby that the jeweler used was like a five dollar cut-in-India rush job.  I wore it all the time, in my metal shop and when working on cars and it got bashed around so much that all the corners were rounded off.  Then once I bonked it against some firm part of a car engine and heard a soft but distinct high pitched crack sound.  Well, lo and behold, my father in law of my third wife, who I was with at the time, was a crystal and gem hound and a master at his hobby, which was faceting stones.

So he and I went to his 'hidden' gem store downtown to pick out a nice synthetic ruby.  Synthetic rubies are chemically the same as natural rubies, they are simply a lot more pure and perfect.  We searched through their big collection of ruby blanks till I found one that called out to me, it stood out as one that was just a bit lighter in shade, a bit brighter.

... and then the master did his work of love and gave it the best of all brilliant cuts and polishes.  So, you could say it glows; and do you know how rubies glow under black lights?

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I had that made for a wedding ring for my first marriage, (and I didn't pick it out of a catalog, just in case that thought came up).  If I knew then what I know now I would say it was a premonition of a time long ago.  The ruby that the jeweler used was like a five dollar cut-in-India rush job.  I wore it all the time, in my metal shop and when working on cars and it got bashed around so much that all the corners were rounded off.  Then once I bonked it against some firm part of a car engine and heard a soft but distinct high pitched crack sound.  Well, lo and behold, my father in law of my third wife, who I was with at the time, was a crystal and gem hound and a master at his hobby, which was faceting stones.

So he and I went to his 'hidden' gem store downtown to pick out a nice synthetic ruby.  Synthetic rubies are chemically the same as natural rubies, they are simply a lot more pure and perfect.  We searched through their big collection of ruby blanks till I found one that called out to me, it stood out as one that was just a bit lighter in shade, a bit brighter.

... and then the master did his work of love and gave it the best of all brilliant cuts and polishes.  So, you could say it glows; and do you know how rubies glow under black lights?

They glow like the despair of my heart that wants to find the answer to how rubies glow under black light, but cannot find the answer anywhere...

A really tiny little tiny cute little speck of hope in there. :unsure:

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Everything said:

They glow like the despair of my heart that wants to find the answer to how rubies glow under black light, but cannot find the answer anywhere...

A really tiny little tiny cute little speck of hope in there. :unsure:

My hiking buddy brought along a UV lamp up into the high ground during a few trips and we found granite and calcite.  It was hard to miss the granite because we were surrounded by it, but it glows like solid red and green speckles like in the middle of this top picture; and in real life, when you find a fresh piece that has just broken off of the mountaintop whilst moseying around at or near the top; before it has been worn at all by any erosion as in riverbed rocks, it has millions of tiny sharp black crystals that gleam in the sun, all set in a bed of soft white crystals that glow in the high UV sun light of high altitudes.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

I'm such a gem and crystal whore, I'm loving the turn in this thread.  I love to simply sit and share presence with them and to touch them with my eyes is divine.  Somewhere we have an old bums thread specifically about gems/crystals and precious metals for talismans.  Don't have it bookmarked any more but it's here somewhere, I'll look for it in a bit perhaps it'll get some legs again.

Here's one of my crown jewels.  Yeh Ming Zhu, or The Dragon's Pearl from Northern China.  It's a unique member of the Flourite family, unique as it's the only flourite that glows from regular daylight, no UV needed.

5ce5a5384bf4f_yehmingzhu.jpg.420eb5bce26cf4cdc192ef8bc74bab1a.jpg

this is Lao.  I affectionately call him 'the old man' or 'grandpa'.

Here he's glowing in daylight and couched in magnets I shape into sacred geomentric shapes to bathe him in frequently (when he asks)

and here he is at 4am, 7 hours after sunset while out camping.

IMG_2685.thumb.JPG.31e87ea9c7075f379520da8b83c43ccb.JPG

IMG_4664.thumb.JPG.3711119693bd588db0c601d38a414f33.JPG

these things absorb and radiate energy so potently and uniquely.  I'm blessed to have three gracing me with their presence these days.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

Yes,  modern history now includes Central Asia or BMAC  as one of the 4 first civilisations ;  Mesoptamia , Nile Valley , Indus Valley Civilisation, BMAC .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactria–Margiana_Archaeological_Complex

260px-Indo-Iranian_origins.png

My theory is that  there was a constant influx of people  to and fro from the Iranian Plateau during the Palaeolithic.  As the southern part developed  it was influenced by ingress from  Andronovo .  BMAC  became a 'melting pot' and developed further what came to them.  Also one would have to go down the Oxus and  across to the east through modern day Kazakhstan  to get onto the main 'Silk Route'  via Samarkand  (see map below -  the obvious looking corridor from Samarkand into the Tarim Basin) .   But they may have 'held' , in their territory some   short cuts from the upper valleys that fed into the Oxus from the east ( see map below -  East of Kunduz  /  Termez  and  south east of Dushanbe . It could have been  advantageous and valuable territory.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0702575,66.9104683,977771m/data=!3m1!1e3

(I forgot to finish this )

Then as B<AC fell into decline, the culture moves west to YAZ .. then we have a huge cross cultural and locale collapse and a big gap in the record.  I assume they went further east or  the places  they utilised (in the Vendidad 'list of nations' ) came to prominence , closer to Anatolia. Then they expanded through the Zargos Mts to the south as the 'Parsa' , as the Assyrians recorded them , challenging the Assyrians, being defeated, but then uniting the tribes in the area and defeating the Assyrians and then taking over those tribes and forming the Persian Empire.   

These tyoe of movements out , to a new place, to pick up multi cultural influence, then isolate it and develop it and then returm 'home' sem to make the best cultures , the world changing ones.

Its actually an alchemical process ; repeat stages of admixture and isolation - solve  - coagulae

Oooo !  Me potato pommes are ready !  (I can smell 'em. )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

My hiking buddy brought along a UV lamp up into the high ground during a few trips and we found granite and calcite.  It was hard to miss the granite because we were surrounded by it, but it glows like solid red and green speckles like in the middle of this top picture; and in real life, when you find a fresh piece that has just broken off of the mountaintop whilst moseying around at or near the top; before it has been worn at all by any erosion as in riverbed rocks, it has millions of tiny sharp black crystals that gleam in the sun, all set in a bed of soft white crystals that glow in the high UV sun light of high altitudes.

I recently got a pocket UV flashlight to check out some new rocks I got ... URK !   Horrible  orange glow like a cheap fluorescent marker  :D

Then the other night I got the idea to shine it over my mineral and gem and cactus garden outside at night  .... WOW !  I had no idea that stuff was in there !

Interesting info about broken FRESH granite .  Down the coast there is an amazing intrusion of it. It looks so clean and bright ( the 'new bits' ) and amazing energy, so i took a piece home .  After a while its look and energy 'faded' .

It comes from a strange place , an old jail where they locked up people  during WWI ... for crazy shit , records show some Aussies where locked up there becasue they had German grandparents !    Anyway, its a beautiful place , now a holiday centre, apparently  not long after its establishment , and due to its then isolation, they became lax ... yes you can go fishing , yeah, go and spend some time on the beach .  So hey got 'punished ' sun baking and fishing while the good guys went off and fought in the trenches .

yeah ... war never makes much sense

Trial bay ;

Gaol

52219-1000x800.jpg

Granite bay

trial-bay-gaol-campground.jpg

"NO!  You can not go and fight in the trenches  ...  you have German ancestry 4 generations back - we dont trust you !

Now, go down the beach and take your punishment like a man !    ..... and by the way, bring home some fish and lobsters for dinner . "

206_21.jpg

SWR3190-Front-Beach-photo_de5b594e-c66d-

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I'm such a gem and crystal whore, I'm loving the turn in this thread.  I love to simply sit and share presence with them and to touch them with my eyes is divine.  Somewhere we have an old bums thread specifically about gems/crystals and precious metals for talismans.  Don't have it bookmarked any more but it's here somewhere, I'll look for it in a bit perhaps it'll get some legs again.

Here's one of my crown jewels.  Yeh Ming Zhu, or The Dragon's Pearl from Northern China.  It's a unique member of the Flourite family, unique as it's the only flourite that glows from regular daylight, no UV needed.

5ce5a5384bf4f_yehmingzhu.jpg.420eb5bce26cf4cdc192ef8bc74bab1a.jpg

this is Lao.  I affectionately call him 'the old man' or 'grandpa'.

Here he's glowing in daylight and couched in magnets I shape into sacred geomentric shapes to bathe him in frequently (when he asks)

and here he is at 4am, 7 hours after sunset while out camping.

IMG_2685.thumb.JPG.31e87ea9c7075f379520da8b83c43ccb.JPG

IMG_4664.thumb.JPG.3711119693bd588db0c601d38a414f33.JPG

these things absorb and radiate energy so potently and uniquely.  I'm blessed to have three gracing me with their presence these days.

I 'need' one of those ! 

:)

The 'turn this thread has taken'  ....

Its not impossible that BMAC was developed becasue of a mineral  . The stone of heaven, with its night sky and  stars shot with silver and gold !

Lapis-lazuli.jpg                                            55f4049b6a8e0_260x208.jpg

That 'somehow'  got from here

Picture+1.png

BMAC area

into this 'piece'

2014_0211_Tutmask_lead.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I 'need' one of those ! 

:)

The 'turn this thread has taken'  ....

Its not impossible that BMAC was developed becasue of a mineral  . The stone of heaven, with its night sky and  stars shot with silver and gold !

Lapis-lazuli.jpg                                            55f4049b6a8e0_260x208.jpg

Woof!  That's nice stuff.

• You can buy 'wholesale' in Afghanistan   ;) 

LL_132lb_60kg_large.jpg     

06AFGHANMINE1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=7

..... or, if you know where to dig

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ95_43tbLgWmf7Oz6olx

c7b1f94c241d74777f2fa7a08fc4d926.jpg

On 5/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, Nungali said:

Aha The 'endless cycle  :) .    Potatoes are yin . You eat a lot of them, you might feel a need to eat something else yang, to balance it. (This usually happens unconsciously )  sugar is very yang, (so is chocolate and coffee ..... its starting to all fit together now, eh ?   :D ) .

Hooch is 500 times more yin than potatoes !    No matter how many little yang hits you take after it .... they just won't do ! You need concentrated  yang .... some sickly sugar loaded sticky super chocko something .... ANYTHING !   - otherwise known as the dreaded ....

MUNCHIES! 

Or eat chocolate all night and .... excuse me ....   'get forced to eat'   :D    chocolate all night , you gonna need a 'morning balance' - or conversely, smoke  all night  and in the morning ....

Well, it was kind of like this, we get really excellent 100% pure chocolate from the Amazon and she makes some outstanding chocolates by adding a few raisins for sweetness, some walnut chunks, some coconut oil, really strong stuff that we keep in the freezer.  So that evening she sez "lets smoke some pot and then make love"  :wub:    Well ok, you can't beat that after not getting high for two weeks.  So we smoked some and she says, "could you bring some chocolate upstairs" (to go upstairs during a rainstorm you need to use rubber boots and an umbrella, but this time it was dry with a full moon)  so I asked how many chocolates to bring up and she says, "bring the whole tray". Me: "Yes master".    Then she sez, "lets maker a fire"  :rolleyes:  but, but, there's no firewood upstairs.  "I have to go down and bring that up too, Grumble, grumble, god damnit, yes master".  The wood we had was very dense and big pieces (I was going to write that the wood was big and hard, but that just wouldn't do for this post, big hard Faike, to be exact) so I had to bring up all the kindling too.  "I'll need to use some gasoline to get this going".  "NO! No gasoline upstairs",  "Yes master"

It would take awhile to get this fire going, I could see that  :ph34r:  I could also see where this evening was going, sex is best if you start within thirty minutes after smoking and that window was closing fast.  Well lo and behold, it wasn't a full moon romantic lovin' night after all,  it was a full moon romantic chocolate and fire night; romantic chocolate and fire and blah blah blah, ad nausseum night.  I was tricked.  Well, my mommy always told me I had to eat everything on my plate if I wanted to get desert, and I was well trained.   So I sat there and ate all the chocolate.  I was just a poor victim of circumstance.

There's been a strange big animal noise that I haven't heard before coming from down the road.  I sounds kind of like there's a Velociraptor hanging out in the cistern.  Should I go check before daylight?  Sure, why not ...

Edited by Starjumper
Edited to remove word: pussy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

SJ my friend... sounds like you're winning up there in the Andes. 

It causes my face to smile involuntarily and I exude gladness for you.

• Like 2

@Nungali This is an awesome article, I think, that sums up some of the concepts we've been discussing. It even mentions Lapis Lazuli from Afghanistan.

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-1177-bce-the-year-civilization-was-destroyed-1.5350507

It seems that we know so much more about The Iron Age, which makes sense since the farther you go back in time the harder it is to find things. But, the collapse of civilization probably didn't help. Much was lost. Like you said, though, people were moving all over the place exchanging technologies, goods, ideas, religions... The BMAC and Central Asia we're part of that complex network. Hopefully someday that area will stabilize and modern archeology techniques can be employed to uncover more.

14 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Well, it was kind of like this, we get really excellent 100% pure chocolate from the Amazon and she makes some outstanding chocolates by adding a few raisins for sweetness, some walnut chunks, some coconut oil, really strong stuff that we keep in the freezer.  So that evening she sez "lets smoke some pot and then make love"  :wub:    Well ok, you can't beat that after not getting high for two weeks.  So we smoked some and she says, "could you bring some chocolate upstairs" (to go upstairs during a rainstorm you need to use rubber boots and an umbrella, but this time it was dry with a full moon)  so I asked how many chocolates to bring up and she says, "bring the whole tray". Me: "Yes master".    Then she sez, "lets maker a fire"  :rolleyes:  but, but, there's no firewood upstairs.  "I have to go down and bring that up too, Grumble, grumble, god damnit, yes master".  The wood we had was very dense and big pieces (I was going to write that the wood was big and hard, but that just wouldn't do for this post, big hard Faike, to be exact) so I had to bring up all the kindling too.  "I'll need to use some gasoline to get this going".  "NO! No gasoline upstairs",  "Yes master"

It would take awhile to get this fire going, I could see that  :ph34r:  I could also see where this evening was going, sex is best if you start within thirty minutes after smoking and that window was closing fast.  Well lo and behold, it wasn't a full moon romantic lovin' night after all,  it was a full moon romantic chocolate and fire night; romantic chocolate and fire and blah blah blah, ad nausseum night.  I was tricked.  Well, my mommy always told me I had to eat everything on my plate if I wanted to get desert, and I was well trained.   So I sat there and ate all the chocolate.  I was just a poor victim of circumstance.

There's been a strange big animal noise that I haven't heard before coming from down the road.  I sounds kind of like there's a Velociraptor hanging out in the cistern.  Should I go check before daylight?  Sure, why not ...

Thats not a  velociraptor  ... its your disassociated libido dragon  wailing   downstairs.

I thought that story was going in another direction at first - with all that preparation , it reminded me of an experience I had working at the hospital. One of the nursing sisters - I was friendly with most of them - one day is going  "What a hard day, I'm beat. All I can do is go home and collapse . I dont even think I will be able to make dinner . "

" Do you want me to make you your dinner . "

(Apparently I do this thing which is unusual, a GF told me once. I just come out and say things, as if I am  a  friend to the person, sometimes even strangers , I will just strike up a conversation with them  ) So after the initial surprise she says okay, will go home clean up and then come around to my house .  I had a pretty nice house   at that stage .

No one else was home.  I had made us a nice dinner.  I like candle light, even when other types are available, so some candles are going. Also I like gardening and flowers so some where on the table. It was winter so there was a fire in the fireplace. Then after dinner she is 'Oh my poor back '  So I offered to give her a back massage , which I am pretty good at.   There was a big furry rug so I moved that in front of the fire.  But after that she is 'I am sooo tired. .... I can hardly keep awake . "  Said it more than once. So I said,' You better go home and get some sleep then.  Then she gets all shitty and leaves .

Next day at work, her and the other nurses on the  ward are being weird and then downright bitchy to me , "What's up with you guys today . "   So one took me out to the fire escape for a little talk . "What the hell where you trying to do to Glenda last night ? "

"HUH   ? ? ? ummm ... be nice  ? "

" What, is it some type of guys teasing game ;   a romantic candle light dinner, a massage on a rug in front of the fire and when she says she wants to go to bed you send her home ! "

" I was ....     < clunk !  ( penny dropping sound )   >    Ohhhhhh  .....   Now I get it ! "

(believe it or not I can be BOTH incredibly stupid and masterful with women - at the same time  :D  ) 

" Bullshit , you   just being a bastard to her . "

'No way !  Hang on a minute now - how many times have I heard a woman go 'Oh you guys are only interested in sex ! Why cant you be nice without the thought of or the manipulation towards sex ? ' So I was ... and this is what I get , now all the women have the shits with me . "    and walked off in frustration.    Of course gossip there spread like wildfire.

But after that,  90% of the nurses in the whole hospital where as sweet as pie to me    :)   .

... except Glenda - I never did bonk her    :D  .

2 hours ago, escott said:

@Nungali This is an awesome article, I think, that sums up some of the concepts we've been discussing. It even mentions Lapis Lazuli from Afghanistan.

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-1177-bce-the-year-civilization-was-destroyed-1.5350507

Ahhhhh .... Dr Cline . I have actually had some conversations with him .  he has a similar outlook to me regarding a lot of questions about archaeology  and history , we are both multiple causes / solutions guys .   A lot of people, in various subjects argue for this or that cause and reason . It is usually a combination of things .

If there is any over riding cause in these matters , it  is usually some type of climate change, or in some  more localised cases , even the change in the course of a river. If peoples water supply is cut off or diminished , it effects things VERY quickly .

2 hours ago, escott said:

It seems that we know so much more about The Iron Age, which makes sense since the farther you go back in time the harder it is to find things. But, the collapse of civilization probably didn't help. Much was lost. Like you said, though, people were moving all over the place exchanging technologies, goods, ideas, religions... The BMAC and Central Asia we're part of that complex network. Hopefully someday that area will stabilize and modern archeology techniques can be employed to uncover more.

Yes. But still we have some beautiful stuff from there .  They became masterful metalworkers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhT_nhBhCAFexi7GzPPx8                                          images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAmgVp708Gl6EdGrffBPO

BMAC, Axe with eagle headed demon and

animals, 3rd - early 2nd millennium BCE

Bactrian_treasure_-_ram_figurine.jpg

And the later period 'Oxus treasure' ;

f5a68feaa84fd79f3a4dbe6fa70f13b7.jpg

AN00580210_001_l.jpg

z9zMq1FHE-kIDmy-hokNBjXVdSTUihr4nXjc7jHY

Cast silver statuette from the Oxus treasure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxus_Treasure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Thats not a  velociraptor  ... its your disassociated libido dragon  wailing   downstairs.

I just wanted to say I'm liking the info on the BMAC, now for more thread drift.

I found the velocirator in the cistern.  It was a bamboo leaf that was occasionally, rarely, scraping against a metal rain gutter in the wind.  I sleep out side a lot of the time upstairs.  Upstairs is like our little two room house with a big front patio which is on top of the main house, but the main floor is buried in the ground, so it looks like a cozy little two room cottage from outside, and you have to go outside to get to it.  With a bed room, main room with fireplace, and a little hidden away toilet room.  The main room is open on one side with just a low wall, and there's a bed against the wall which I spend a lot of time sleeping in and meditating, so it's like sleeping outside but under a roof.  It still gets misted at times when it is rainy and windy.

The 'velociraptor' bamboo leaf was scraping agains the rain gutter close to my head, and the long metal rain gutter was resonating with the sound, making it a lot louder and with a kind of echo.  So it was a kind of loud scraping, chirping, chattering sound.  A lot like a bird chirping sound, but BIG.  Too big to be a bird.  It sounded like it was coming from the South so I got up and went to the South end of the veranda.  From there it sounded like it was coming from the North, so I figured it was in the cistern, which would give it that echoing trait.  Just think, I could have had a pet velociraptor.

I used to sleep at last GFs house , hanging over the river, virtually, from a high cliff. The night time noises from it !  She used to ask 'Can you hear that ."  I would say, " Its just the river  ."  But one night the noise was crazy ... I cant describe it. Like some strange undine language. It was just too weird, so in the morning I went to investigate.  I found a huge log with a hollow in it that was on water surface level, up against the bank, one  end was open and split with water in it but the other end was angled deeper and had more water in it and the hollow ended inside the log, ie, only open on one end.  Ripples from the rapids where making little waves go into the log and lap against the back wall in a gloop gllop clobble  glibby blop gloggen glibbal noise   ( told ya I couldnt describe it ! )  and being amplified  back out the log like .

We also have  an occasional 'murderous owl' visit at night . You should hear that!  A few times people have evacuated from our camp ground  thinking it was a real murder being committed, a violent  assault  and once even a 'demon infestation'  :D  

It sorta sounds like a baby being tortured ...... over and over again  .   :( 

I much prefer these guys   :)

- I never realised they like water so much !

2 nights ago I was in the    bath out in the   forest,  the fire under it had  died out and the Moon was out and huge froggy * swooped by my head and landed in a tree and stared at me.  Then he flew over and landed in a tree  right next to the bath and curiously and intently  watched me as I washed , relaxed, got out and dried myself .

Funny buggers !

*   Tawny Frougmouth owl . They try to hide in the day time by pretending they are a broken branch on a tree

animals_hero_frogmouth.jpg

Spot the owl

a-tawny-frogmouth-exhibits-its-amazing-c

Tawny+Frogmouth+Parks+Australia.jpg

Frogmouth-in-gum-tree-by-Vicki-Terry-Bur

tawny-closeup.jpg

You can get right next to them , but they won't move  , just pretend they are a bit of wood  ..... with  little slit eyes that follow you   around  :D

d889e1c5009e6b48a99f6c0bd0335c30.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I used to sleep at last GFs house , hanging over the river, virtually, from a high cliff. The night time noises from it !  She used to ask 'Can you hear that ."  I would say, " Its just the river  ."  But one night the noise was crazy ... I cant describe it. Like some strange undine language. It was just too weird, so in the morning I went to investigate.  I found a huge log with a hollow in it that was on water surface level, up against the bank, one  end was open and split with water in it but the other end was angled deeper and had more water in it and the hollow ended inside the log, ie, only open on one end.  Ripples from the rapids where making little waves go into the log and lap against the back wall in a gloop gllop clobble  glibby blop gloggen glibbal noise   ( told ya I couldnt describe it ! )  and being amplified  back out the log like .

We also have  an occasional 'murderous owl' visit at night . You should hear that!  A few times people have evacuated from our camp ground  thinking it was a real murder being committed, a violent  assault  and once even a 'demon infestation'  :D  

I much prefer these guys   :)

- I never realised they like water so much !

2 nights ago I was in the    bath out in the   forest,  the fire under it had  died out and the Moon was out and huge froggy * swooped by my head and landed in a tree and stared at me.  Then he flew over and landed in a tree  right next to the bath and curiously and intently  watched me as I washed , relaxed, got out and dried myself .

Funny buggers !

*   Tawny Frougmouth owl . They try to hide in the day time by pretending they are a broken branch on a tree

animals_hero_frogmouth.jpg

Spot the owl

a-tawny-frogmouth-exhibits-its-amazing-c

Tawny+Frogmouth+Parks+Australia.jpg

Frogmouth-in-gum-tree-by-Vicki-Terry-Bur

tawny-closeup.jpg

You can get right next to them , but they won't move  , just pretend they are a bit of wood  ..... with  little slit eyes that follow you   around  :D

d889e1c5009e6b48a99f6c0bd0335c30.jpg

:wub:

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

Love the owl video, we have a pygmy owl that hangs out by the A frame sheds at what we call Indian Village because Incas used to live there.  I haven't seen it or heard it up here.  Have you ever heard the scream of the mule?  You just know they aren't meant to exist when you hear one of them, and they are loud too, you can hear one from way down and across the other side of the valley.  They sound like some demon is being tortured and is screaming in agony.  I guess it's good they do it once in a while rather than as a group.  It would be interesting times to have a mule here at night and not tell a new volunteer about it.  :)  Usually there are no mules around here anywhere that can be heard, we just hear occasional cow moos and horse whinnys, and when close, horse farts.  Horses make a kind of purring sound too, when they are extra excited about getting some treats.   Fuckin' mule almost killed my fave horse, Spirit; so if I see a mule around here again the first thing I'll do is kill it, then we'll invite everyone in town to a big BBQ, and people in town know it.

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

I thought that story was going in another direction at first - with all that preparation , it reminded me of an experience I had working at the hospital. One of the nursing sisters - I was friendly with most of them - one day is going  "What a hard day, I'm beat. All I can do is go home and collapse . I dont even think I will be able to make dinner . "

" Do you want me to make you your dinner . "

(Apparently I do this thing which is unusual, a GF told me once. I just come out and say things, as if I am  a  friend to the person, sometimes even strangers , I will just strike up a conversation with them  ) So after the initial surprise she says okay, will go home clean up and then come around to my house .  I had a pretty nice house   at that stage .

No one else was home.  I had made us a nice dinner.  I like candle light, even when other types are available, so some candles are going. Also I like gardening and flowers so some where on the table. It was winter so there was a fire in the fireplace. Then after dinner she is 'Oh my poor back '  So I offered to give her a back massage , which I am pretty good at.   There was a big furry rug so I moved that in front of the fire.  But after that she is 'I am sooo tired. .... I can hardly keep awake . "  Said it more than once. So I said,' You better go home and get some sleep then.  Then she gets all shitty and leaves .

Next day at work, her and the other nurses on the  ward are being weird and then downright bitchy to me , "What's up with you guys today . "   So one took me out to the fire escape for a little talk . "What the hell where you trying to do to Glenda last night ? "

"HUH   ? ? ? ummm ... be nice  ? "

" What, is it some type of guys teasing game ;   a romantic candle light dinner, a massage on a rug in front of the fire and when she says she wants to go to bed you send her home ! "

" I was ....     < clunk !  ( penny dropping sound )   >    Ohhhhhh  .....   Now I get it ! "

(believe it or not I can be BOTH incredibly stupid and masterful with women - at the same time  :D  ) 

" Bullshit , you   just being a bastard to her . "

'No way !  Hang on a minute now - how many times have I heard a woman go 'Oh you guys are only interested in sex ! Why cant you be nice without the thought of or the manipulation towards sex ? ' So I was ... and this is what I get , now all the women have the shits with me . "    and walked off in frustration.    Of course gossip there spread like wildfire.

But after that,  90% of the nurses in the whole hospital where as sweet as pie to me    :)   .

... except Glenda - I never did bonk her    :D  .

Poor Glenda    = )

Ya, can't just be friends huh?  You know, the real reason they're pissed is because they aren't hot any more.  Well, the best you can do is smile and say, "I'm so sorry ladies, I took a vow some years ago", and the reason for the smile is that while you're saying that you're thinking: "If you want to see some real action send me your daughters"  assuming the daughters are legal, of course ... and still hot, of course.

The real reason they act like that is they are in fear, fear of their lives, not being hot anymore, they know, perhaps subconsciously, they've neglected their bodies in their race to be first to the slaughterhouse.  Deep down they know they could still have excellent bodies - and minds - if they dedicated themselves to that, but they have good reasons for not doing that, as follows:

insert excuses here

(believe it or not I can be BOTH incredibly stupid and masterful with women - at the same time  :D  )

Oh Lordy, don't remind me, I'm such an idiot.    Oh the gifts that I didn't open - Oh the sweet living I missed, forever ...

Edited by Starjumper