Sign in to follow this  
welkin

Absorbing Energy from Trees

So a while back, Earl Grey had mentioned that some people are able to absorb energy from trees with their hands.

I am ready for the scolding, but i tried doing this a couple of times already. i believe i am able to? though i don't know what difference it might of made. so maybe i didn't idk.

FYI though, i do believe i am able to absorb energy from another person.

Any heads up about tree energy absoring, right ways wrong ways to do it, should i not do it?

4 hours ago, welkin said:

Any heads up about tree energy absoring, right ways wrong ways to do it, should i not do it?

Just connect to the tree.

You don’t actually absorb energy from the tree (if anything it usually ‘absorbs’ energy ‘from’ you)... just harmonise with the quality of the tree...

It will help to ‘tune’ your own energy to a certain quality. Different trees will have different qualities. You generally can’t go wrong with a nice straight pine tree. Some individual trees won’t like you and ‘push’ you away 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tree chi kung is a big science and there seems to be very little about it on the internet.

It's true, Pine trees are all around best in general, with evergreens coming close.  Willows are good for urinary, Giant sequoias are good for brain and nerves.  A good way to do it is simply standing in an embrace the tree posture with your arms around the tree but not touching.  There are several moving types too, and some of those are Bagua chi kung methods.  Try to see if you can feel the energy of the tree with your hands.

Usually our energy is good for trees and their energy is good for us but I heard of one person who was really sick that gave their energy to a tree and it killed the tree.  Some trees are considered poisonous or not good but I can't recall the different types.

Edited by Starjumper
spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, freeform said:

Just connect to the tree.

You don’t actually absorb energy from the tree (if anything it usually ‘absorbs’ energy ‘from’ you)... just harmonise with the quality of the tree...

It will help to ‘tune’ your own energy to a certain quality. Different trees will have different qualities. You generally can’t go wrong with a nice straight pine tree. Some individual trees won’t like you and ‘push’ you away 😄

Is that why when i was trying to absorb energy, it felt like i was playing tug of war? Jk, that didn't happen. Lol i wish you could've seen me. i was trying to do qigong breathing and really trying to absorb it lol.

I think i know what you mean. I'm going to try to feel subtle energy rather than purposely absorb it, and see if i can find a middle point connection through feeling.

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Tree chi kung is a big science and there seems to be very little about it on the internet.

It's true, Pine trees are all around best in general, with evergreens coming close.  Willows are good for urinary, Giant sequoias are good for brain and nerves.  A good way to do it is simply standing in an embrace the tree posture with your arms around the tree but not touching.  There are several moving types too, and some of those are Bagua chi kung methods.  Try to see if you can feel the energy of the tree with your hands.

Usually our energy is good for trees and their energy is good for us but I heard of one person who was really sick that gave their energy to a tree and it killed the tree.  Some trees are considered poisonous or not good but I can't recall the different tyes.

Going try to try to feel the energy before actually trying to do anything. Though, i just realized i probably disrespected nature. i only tried a specific tree, that i believe a squirrel was calling me towards, though i think specifically the squirrel was calling me to itself.

Will probably just try to feel the trees rather than absorb moving forward. Also don't want to die for stupid reasons.

Here are some cool articles and opinions:

https://www.learning-mind.com/absorb-transfer-energy-plants/

https://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/forum/suggested-reading/articles-and-popular-topics/396-absorbing-energy-from-trees

https://www.matrixdisclosure.com/trees-spiritual-healing-properties/

I will report back with any more insights once available.

Practice with trees is a big part of many northern Daoist lineages including Longmen. It’s a good practice.

You don’t want to give much direction to the Qi with the mind.

Obviously things will move much more powerfully once you’ve built the foundation.

But the idea is to connect with the tree and then let it lead... sometimes it will give you ‘energy’ (particularly at night) and a lot of the time it will take your pathogenic Qi and transform it... But there’s not much for you to do other than engage your ‘insides’ and then create the connection - the tree will do the rest... 

Once the foundations are mostly built, this is not a subtle experience in the least! :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, welkin said:

Will probably just try to feel the trees rather than absorb moving forward.

If you can feel the energy then it will happen automatically, no need to force anything.  First requirement is to feel the energy between your hands.  Can you feel the energy between your hands if you hold them a foot apart or so?  If yes then you can do it, if nor then just 'hold the ball' until you do, and then go to the tree.

Once I was able to feel the energy from a Giant Sequoia from over twenty feet away, an dit was strong too.  I did this thing where I would aim my hands at some tree from a distance, and then walk towards it and see how far away I could feel it.

Other times if you use Bagua methods and walk around the tree you can feel the difference, on the trunk, between the sunny side and the shaded side. 

Edited by Starjumper

6 hours ago, Starjumper said:

If you can feel the energy then it will happen automatically, no need to force anything.  First requirement is to feel the energy between your hands.  Can you feel the energy between your hands if you hold them a foot apart or so?  If yes then you can do it, if nor then just 'hold the ball' until you do, and then go to the tree.

Once I was able to feel the energy from a Giant Sequoia from over twenty feet away, an dit was strong too.  I did this thing where I would aim my hands at some tree from a distance, and then walk towards it and see how far away I could feel it.

Other times if you use Bagua methods and walk around the tree you can feel the difference, on the trunk, between the sunny side and the shaded side. 

I believe i am able to do that. I watched your video of you and a friend creating an energy ball. I was able to create something similar by sending energy to my hands and out, constantly making my hands close and further apart.

From 20 feet away? that's crazy.

5 hours ago, welkin said:

I believe i am able to do that. I watched your video of you and a friend creating an energy ball. I was able to create something similar by sending energy to my hands and out, constantly making my hands close and further apart.

That video must have been from somewhere else, not me, but I'm curious to see it now if you could share it.

5 hours ago, welkin said:

From 20 feet away? that's crazy.

Not really, it can get way stronger than that.  Have you heard about hermit warriors who can feel the presence of another person from far away if that person approaches them while they are meditating ... of course their whole life is a sort of meditation.

• Like 1

Chances are when your outside around trees you absorb their energy.... but it is very subtle and hard to feel. 

I would point to the way you feel after being outside for a period of time. Some would say it’s the fresh air or the sunlight. I would say it’s all of these things, including the trees. 

Just being outside and open to the landscape, you will already be connecting in some way. Just takes practice to feel it. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, welkin said:

From 20 feet away?

My teacher could feel the condition of a person's bones from across a rather large room when he came to the doorway.  He could feel the interior of a person's bones and know if they had good bone marrow or not.  Good bone marrow is juicy and works like a battery for chi, old bone marrow is grease, no battery there.  Don't believe a word of Moretalk's bullshit about bone marrow nei kung.

When my teacher would come to a doorway, if he felt strong sick energy in the room he would not go in.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, welkin said:

I took a quick look through those links and what stood out is there are a bunch of piggy wiggys who are absolutely clueless, couldn't care less, about the basics and they just want to 'get something' from trees.  It would never occur to them that the main function is to get rid of sick energy, which they are overflowing with.

Spotless was talking about the importance of practicing the basics.  The Piggy mind set makes people want to get, get, get, gimme gimme, gimme; but their ability to do it is super weak.  This is so common everywhere with new age bullshit.  They think they can do something with energy when their energy abilities are garbage.  They think they can do it just by standing around and thinking positive thoughts, it's pathetic.

• Like 2

On the other hand, it is true that just being out in nature in a pure place is very healing for the soul, but that is not tree chi kung.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Starjumper said:

That video must have been from somewhere else, not me, but I'm curious to see it now if you could share it.

Not really, it can get way stronger than that.  Have you heard about hermit warriors who can feel the presence of another person from far away if that person approaches them while they are meditating ... of course their whole life is a sort of meditation.

like in this video:

I was just saying i can create energy in between my hands and if i go back and forth the force gets strong and i can feel a thing between them.

like this:

i dont do this often. i just know i can.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Chances are when your outside around trees you absorb their energy.... but it is very subtle and hard to feel. 

I would point to the way you feel after being outside for a period of time. Some would say it’s the fresh air or the sunlight. I would say it’s all of these things, including the trees. 

Just being outside and open to the landscape, you will already be connecting in some way. Just takes practice to feel it. 

I love going to the park and experiencing the trees, animals, wind, sun shade, looking at the sky. Nothing beats nature.

idk if i can feel the energy from the trees. But last week, my leg was bothering me. So i decided i will both release any energy out my foot, and then absorb energy from the grass/ground. My leg felt like it was going super saiyan or something. But i leave it as is and don't make much of it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I took a quick look through those links and what stood out is there are a bunch of piggy wiggys who are absolutely clueless, couldn't care less, about the basics and they just want to 'get something' from trees.  It would never occur to them that the main function is to get rid of sick energy, which they are overflowing with.

Spotless was talking about the importance of practicing the basics.  The Piggy mind set makes people want to get, get, get, gimme gimme, gimme; but their ability to do it is super weak.  This is so common everywhere with new age bullshit.  They think they can do something with energy when their energy abilities are garbage.  They think they can do it just by standing around and thinking positive thoughts, it's pathetic.

That's why i ask here :). People say 'google' it. Not to be lazy or anything but i believe in using experienced resources and people who've gone through the bs, in order to identify these things. the internet looks like a landfill of any information.

• Like 1

First learned Tree-gong form Michael Lomax and it's still one of my favorite practices. :D

There are many ways of working with trees. The basic method is that you approach the tree with respect and ask permission to cultivate with them. Then you get into your form.....be it Wu Chi Posture, Holding the Ball or simply LDT Meditation. All of these are valid IMO. 

The whole point is to allow a cycle of energy to form between both parties so that a mutual exchange will occur. You don't need to do this yourself....the Tree will facilitate the transaction as Freeform mentioned. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Shadow said:

First learned Tree-gong form Michael Lomax and it's still one of my favorite practices. :D

There are many ways of working with trees. The basic method is that you approach the tree with respect and ask permission to cultivate with them. Then you get into your form.....be it Wu Chi Posture, Holding the Ball or simply LDT Meditation. All of these are valid IMO. 

The whole point is to allow a cycle of energy to form between both parties so that a mutual exchange will occur. You don't need to do this yourself....the Tree will facilitate the transaction as Freeform mentioned. 

beautiful. this does sound like the things the others have said. Will be testing this :).

So if i can feel energy or energy circulating, would that be the sensation to feel for and know it's working?

3 hours ago, welkin said:

beautiful. this does sound like the things the others have said. Will be testing this :).

So if i can feel energy or energy circulating, would that be the sensation to feel for and know it's working?

If you have developed your subtle senses, then you will be able to feel these things immediately. If you haven't....it's a bit more difficult and may take more time to feel the energy. Know that these techniques do work......people have been doing them for a long long long long time. Your not reinventing the wheel in any capacity. 

How to validate something is happening without subtle sensitivity? Trust your intuition and take notes on your experiences. Over time you'll collect data, experience shifts and your understanding will increase. Cultivation is a long term endeavor.....think decades. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 2

I've told this story elsewhere here, I am sure, but I'll post it again.

My Taiji master, an acupuncturist, asked me to fill in to his first day of Taiji class at a TCM school.  So I first engaged in conversation to ask their motivation and desires and future goals, etc.  But the telling part was most of them just finished the Qigong 'requirement' but most said they felt no energy and hopped around like animals and don't see WTF it was all about. 

I asked them if there was a large tree outside and they said a few.  So I said we would go 'hug a tree' to understand. 

There were about 10 of us and we circled the tree. I told them to breath a few times slowly and deep... like their mind was not there except their heart knew the universe was there... and then asked them to put their hands upwards and continue the slow breathing in the way I said... and said, feel the tree... note the feeling.  We did that for about 5-10 seconds and then stepped 3 feet to the right.  We repeated till everyone had gone around the tree.

I asked them.  What part of the tree most talked to them.  100% of them said the same spot.   And they described their palms as flowing with energy... 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, dawei said:

I've told this story elsewhere here, I am sure, but I'll post it again.

My Taiji master, an acupuncturist, asked me to fill in to his first day of Taiji class at a TCM school.  So I first engaged in conversation to ask their motivation and desires and future goals, etc.  But the telling part was most of them just finished the Qigong 'requirement' but most said they felt no energy and hopped around like animals and don't see WTF it was all about. 

I asked them if there was a large tree outside and they said a few.  So I said we would go 'hug a tree' to understand. 

There were about 10 of us and we circled the tree. I told them to breath a few times slowly and deep... like their mind was not there except their heart knew the universe was there... and then asked them to put their hands upwards and continue the slow breathing in the way I said... and said, feel the tree... note the feeling.  We did that for about 5-10 seconds and then stepped 3 feet to the right.  We repeated till everyone had gone around the tree.

I asked them.  What part of the tree most talked to them.  100% of them said the same spot.   And they described their palms as flowing with energy... 

I’ll have to try this for kicks!

10 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

I’ll have to try this for kicks!

A word of warning... make sure there are no fire ants colonizing around the tree.  I once found a colony , against my plan :ph34r:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dawei said:

A word of warning... make sure there are no fire ants colonizing around the tree.  I once found a colony , against my plan :ph34r:

My palms are flowing...with pain!!! :D

16 hours ago, welkin said:

like in this video:

OK, now I know what you are referring to.  I forgot about that video and I'll have to take the advertisements off of the beginning and end.  That isn't what I would say is creating an energy ball although holding the ball posture is required to get it.

I had a video which showed me pushing myself by pushing against the energy field of the Earth (the fabric of the universe) but everyone said it was a lie so I deleted it.

16 hours ago, welkin said:

I was just saying i can create energy in between my hands and if i go back and forth the force gets strong and i can feel a thing between them.

like this:

i dont do this often. i just know i can.

Moving the hands like that makes it easy to feel but it doesn't go far for creating chi as pressure because of the movement.  For pushing people you need to develop chi as pressure.  The moving allows you to feel what I call the magnetic effect of the energy, although it is actually not magnetic.  To get more feeling move your hands in small circles as if you were rolling a ball around in between your hands.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:20 AM, welkin said:

So a while back, Earl Grey had mentioned that some people are able to absorb energy from trees with their hands.

I am ready for the scolding, but i tried doing this a couple of times already. i believe i am able to? though i don't know what difference it might of made. so maybe i didn't idk.

FYI though, i do believe i am able to absorb energy from another person.

Should?

Only the trees can answer that,

Ask permission, be very open and subtle. Connect with your direct inner experience. Do not manufacture or resist, simply rest and listen.

Express gratitude for any insight and dedicate the merit to help others.

Edited by steve
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this