welkin

Astral Projection (don't shoot)

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Umm ... Duuhhh .. what is cross training?

Cross traditions .    Do ju-jitsu ?  Go and do some boxing, that sort of stuff.

In the park by the river - a great spot for training -  where I have been  doing some most Saturdays for about the last 8 years, now other people are venturing out to do it too ... Yay!   We joined in with a guy that was practising a Chinese style long staff form and we compared our long staff forms with his.  The aikido instructor usually turns up .  My 'instructor' was not coming ( he will not cross train, point blank, nope, wont do it.  And it shows  !  ... if you know what I mean ).

Some of the best sword workshops I ever went to, the guy giving them ( Dave Brown, now passed on unfortunately ) constantly cross trained and put his hand and sword up against all other types, schools and traditions ... man was he good! And it was because of that. 

You know what Bruce said about that .. about getting rid of things and adopting things  .....    ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

Some kind of crucifix conga line?

Oh man !  I be organising that for next Easter !

and they all be chanting  not ... " Conga congaconga con - ga! "  But  " Dead guy    on-a-stick ,  yeah ! "

and be handing out .....

il_570xN.585157843_ouv3.jpg

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Sorry Nungali.. without being able to trust ones own intuition how would one determine who to trust for help, assistance, guidance, what not?

Well, I dont set the rules. As I said, numerous studies have shown one's intuition works best in areas one has the most experience in. To  understand this, one has to know what intuition actually is and how it works .  A nurse may have a brilliant intuitive diagnosis of a condition that stumps a team of doctors .... but would anyone listen to the intuitive medical advice of the cleaner that was cleaning the patient's floor ?  If one thinks it through and eliminates fantasies about intuition, its rather common sense

Now to the  second part, about knowing who to trust without using intuition ( and I am not advocating NOT using it , just ... well, what I already wrote all that . )  That is rather common sense too .

Surely you yourself have some ways of knowing who to trust for help guidance and assistance as well as your intuition ? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Well, I dont set the rules. As I said, numerous studies have shown one's intuition works best in areas one has the most experience in. To  understand this, one has to know what intuition actually is and how it works .  A nurse may have a brilliant intuitive diagnosis of a condition that stumps a team of doctors .... but would anyone listen to the intuitive medical advice of the cleaner that was cleaning the patient's floor ?  If one thinks it through and eliminates fantasies about intuition, its rather common sense

Only we aren't talking facts and data here. We aren't talking medical science or societal roles. We are talking spirit journeys and soul type healing.. 

There was only one member here who inadvertently drew an astral map that I could follow without effort, and he no longer posts here. 

Which is neither here nor there I suppose, but there is much talking and conjecture, and very few who could actually guide if they so chose. 

Now to the  second part, about knowing who to trust without using intuition ( and I am not advocating NOT using it , just ... well, what I already wrote all that . )  That is rather common sense too .

No, you're just telling someone not to trust their intuition in matters of their own spirituality - which I will most likely always argue against. 

Surely you yourself have some ways of knowing who to trust for help guidance and assistance as well as your intuition ? 

Whenever I let intellect override instinct it played out in the rather understated interesting kind of way. 

• Like 2

Shamballa is within. No need to be extrovert in your efforts obtain the introvert stage.

Intuition is being confused with inference in this thread.

Intuition is immediate knowing.

Edited by Pilgrim

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Cross traditions .    Do ju-jitsu ?  Go and do some boxing, that sort of stuff.

In the park by the river - a great spot for training -  where I have been  doing some most Saturdays for about the last 8 years, now other people are venturing out to do it too ... Yay!   We joined in with a guy that was practising a Chinese style long staff form and we compared our long staff forms with his.  The aikido instructor usually turns up .  My 'instructor' was not coming ( he will not cross train, point blank, nope, wont do it.  And it shows  !  ... if you know what I mean ).

Some of the best sword workshops I ever went to, the guy giving them ( Dave Brown, now passed on unfortunately ) constantly cross trained and put his hand and sword up against all other types, schools and traditions ... man was he good! And it was because of that. 

You know what Bruce said about that .. about getting rid of things and adopting things  .....    ;)

Yes, I do, I had a feeling it was something like that.  Keep the best and discard the rest, which he learned from Mr. Yueng, and what Mr. Yueng also did with his chi kung.  It is an excellent thing to do if you have the opportunity.  Mr. Yueng said that boxers are the toughest and hardest to beat fighters of any kind, and the only ones he would worry about, but he had a plan.  He had the ability to scoot around really fast in a very low stance, with his butt like one foot off the floor.  He said that boxers had a hard time dealing with that and that they couldn't punch downwards very well.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Dead guy on a stick!  YAHAHAhahahaha

ROFL 🤣 You are sooo baddd!!! 🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Starjumper said:

The best source that I've seen says that Shambhala is a place in the Tien Shan Mountains.  Translated it means something like beautiful source or wonderful spring, and there is now a ski resort there.

Now for some woo woo stuff.  Once a psychic that I knew for around a half a year told me that I'm afraid of my power because in a past life I was the wizard that semi-accidentally destroyed Atlantis  = )    Rest assured that I don't believe what psychics tell me about myself, but sometimes I see some patterns which  seem to reinforce the idea  :ph34r:

Tien Shan Mountains or Mt Kailesh seem to be the 2 suspects :)

lol. what do you think you did to destroy it? Did you learn your lesson?

17 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Yes, people with pure hearts do bad things to others, in the beginning maybe because of inexperience, but later it's usually because the 'victim' asked for it.  A true warrior has a pure heart, and they kill people.

The best way to be sure about your guardian is to find someone who can see the guardian who doesn't have an ego problem, which would be very rare.  Even then, a master may not tell you because knowing such things about themselves can lead people to be egotistical.  The best thing is to go on your intuition combined with another good indicator which is if you generally wish the best for others.  A pure heart and a powerful guardian go hand in hand.  Another is to work at becoming psychic to the point where you can see and/or talk with the guardian but then trickery can enter into the picture.  The best is the combination of all the above, and my book describes some of this very same process for myself.

A reflection at all the events lead me to believe it is indeed positive. However, i do also believe that non good ones have also been leading me at some points, but just like with anyone else i would say. I have been getting better at communicating i would say. though sometimes i think that i am making it up in my head. But my intuition tells me that that voice or other thing i can speak to and gain strength from is indeed there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Do you feel disproportionately powerful or disproportionately despondent or weak? 

This is a great question. I feel both powerful and weak. Powerful, because i have gained a state of trusting in who/what i am. Weak, because i have a part of my whole life stuck on me, and the only way to get out of it is if i go back to it. Makes me feel weak that i don't have the will or strength to go back to it, though my intuition tells me whatever is guiding says to do it first.

i'm quite simply not listening. Most recently, they or it seems to have disappeared because i may have seen to much lately and i might lose it if i don't chill out and get back to normal life.  but i also got kinda mad at why i'm being shown all these things, yet i have a nagging thing in my life that i suppose i need to take care of. It's tough trusting the universe sometimes, but i'm learning how it works, and it works by interesting laws and conditions.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Everything said:

Astral Projection IS a tool and technique, IT IS CONDITIONAL in nature. And ALL tools and techniques are merely permission slips to allow yourself to be more of all that it is that you truely are. And meditation is the most universal tool for that.

You have to understand, that you ARE UNCONDITIONAL in your true and primary nature. Your true primary nature is non-physical primarily. This entire universe and your physical body, only a small portion of your greater non-physical consciousness is flowing through you here. So dreaming consciously is just one of way of allowing yourself to expand back into all that you are without needing to die. And allowing all of that of your true nature to flow more fully through you HERE IN YOUR PHYSICAL BEING.

You had that experience of joy with the squirrell. And you have to understand this emotion is always gonna be your primary indication in your physical life here of wether or not you are fully allowing your full connection to your own greater non-physical consciousness to flow through you in the moment or not.

This is good advice. I appreciate all this. Sometimes it is difficult to remember that things can indeed be enjoyable and easy if one allows it to be.

In a way i do want to do astral in order to be able to find some answers that would assist me in this physical reality. I remember you spoke about i may already be on their radar, and they want me to find them. In a way i would be doing this for that reason.

I do think there is great importance in enjoying the process though. I don't believe guides and what not would be happy to continue infiltrating your life if it's affecting your state negatively.

You know, something interesting that i've been thinking about lately is about enjoyment and purpose. I think about the greats, those who probably went through a lot but their lives ended up serving great purpose. I wonder, if part of what enjoying or accepting the process is feeling not the best, being lost, confused, sad, etc. I'm not saying to purposely go through that, but i sometimes feel one can be aware of these things and go through it. And one may find enjoyment in going through one goes through, because you know you must. Because to not serve a purpose, can sometimes take out enjoyment out of things for me. Idk, i just like doing things with purpose, and if it has none i just don't find enjoyment in it. But that might just be personal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

You have asked a very valid question.  And you know what,  not that many people ask that !  Its crazy, I know.  Would you listen to any random character that happened to walk in your open door ?  No. You would want to who they where, what there name is and what they are doing there and what they wanted !

It amazes me that people do not put the same things to any type or form of being that happens to manifest.  well trained magician would, they would consider it essential Magick 101.  And it is !  Learning how to do this is a big part of practising magic and be dangerous (or at least foolish ) to the practitioner not to apply tem.   I mean, its just common sense, but for some, common sense and magick dont go together ... it seems .

Many a time I have put the Wilson van Dusen link up, it is an excellent account of the two different types of spirits, that is, ones that appear to help the individual ( angels, guides, guardians, etc ) and the subversive or unruly,( those that try to disrupt the individual ( 'demons')  , being a psychiatrist, VanDusen classifies them as  'hallucinations of the good or bad order'.  This division is across the board - across time locations and cultures.  Valid preliminary magical training should include methods of  identifying and dealing with them. The 'rules' and methods described by Dr VanDusen are essentially similar to classical magical ones.

Our 'intuition' may help us , but our intuition may also be manipulated.  Intuition works best in areas we have familiarity with - thats been proved more than once. So if it is an area one is not familiar with, I do not recommend using only intuition.

I see what you're saying and do agree that being more knowledgeable in certain aspect can serve one good in having maybe a more concrete understanding of ones intuition. Though my experience has shown me, that one can be wrong with all the knowledge and intellect in the world. I think it's definitely gray though.

I feel like a lot can depend on how honest one is with themselves and how much they've listened to the voice within. Sometimes going down this path can be too much of a risk for someone to handle. And so starting with some understanding with the mind may hold more effective. Though ultimately, one could argue the fact that it even took starting with this is why they may never get to full realization, because at the core, it took a crutch. Arguable though.

Nonetheless, i do believe it's good to gain info for the purpose of applicable benefit.

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

You need Sterny !  Have you seen his threads here on Atlantis ?

I can help you unravel the Shambala  mystery if you like.  On the physical plane that is.   I can show some very old history on it, how it developed a root philosophy that penetrated into  all mainstream western religions, teachings associated with it and the general area

( Tagzig Olmo Lung Ring -   Tagzig ; modern day  Tajikistan -  western lands of wisdom , while in the 'west' wisdom is said to have come from the east. )  And it will also include the unveiling of a lost civilisation.

I'm not talking  fantasy here ... I can back it up with science history and archaeology .    :) 

To actually find its location (Kalapa), within that area would then be up to you.   Let me know if interested  and I (or you could ) start a new thread on Shambhala .

is this the one? will be the first time going through it.

I will surely make a new thread :). that stuffs interesting. In the meantime though, was it physical? It's claimed that it is actually in another dimension.

11 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Shamballa is within. No need to be extrovert in your efforts obtain the introvert stage.

Agreed, though it would surely be nice if there were a place to live by these ideas. I can and have always found it inside. Doesn't make living here any easier. If not, worse.

Hmmmm. which part is being confused. Based on the definitions, inference seems to be with the mind, intuition seems related to the conscience or body.

Intuition may be immediate knowing objectively in of itself. But the challenge seems more with taking inference out of the equation and seeing intuition for what it is. Or in other words, removing all the layers of bs that got us away from intuition in the first place.

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

Actually,  it contains principles that if adopted would make ALL OF THIS a nice place to live . Thing is sadly ... most people are not like that .

They want a nice place to live, but then they go about wrecking it .

Agree that the principles would make it a nice place to live. If it exists on some plain, something tells me they aint to happy with what we're doing here on earth.

The fact that they're older than Buddhism. fascinating :)

6 hours ago, welkin said:

lol. what do you think you did to destroy it? Did you learn your lesson?

Evidently not, and I don't want to know.  I'm just working on building up my power first.

Just think, if all the shamans in the world got together and wished for the materialistic consumers to all drop dead ...

Edited by Starjumper

2 hours ago, welkin said:

Agreed, though it would surely be nice if there were a place to live by these ideas. I can and have always found it inside. Doesn't make living here any easier. If not, worse.

Have you read this (the book, not the thread I started on it)?

Hmmmm. which part is being confused. Based on the definitions, inference seems to be with the mind, intuition seems related to the conscience or body.

Inference seems to be based on intellect, and it isn't what I am referring to with intuition - or "heart knowing" (which shouldn't be confused with heart wanting btw).

Intuition may be immediate knowing objectively in of itself. But the challenge seems more with taking inference out of the equation and seeing intuition for what it is. Or in other words, removing all the layers of bs that got us away from intuition in the first place.

For me learned "niceness" had gotten in the way... it's a subtle layer that can often be inferred (brought to intellectual awareness) by finding myself making excuses for the actions and behaviours of others. 

Edited by ilumairen
added link

2 hours ago, welkin said:

I will not pretend my living here is the same as yours.

It is unique and different for everyone,  even for two people sharing the same bed, the same meal, the same external life essentially even when all needs are met and want for nothing.

In reply to this please be aware that when I say “Living Here”  it means something different. It means I acknowledge your unique experience of human life and it is with great respect and humility.

I would like to ask if you know that the greatest spiritual teaching is the one everyone who takes human birth gets is free?

Do you know that the lack of Shamballa on the outside world is on purpose?

Do you know that it is everyone’s duty to grow for their own sake to be in the world and not of it?

Do you know just how big of a task that is?

Do you know it is a process and does not come all at once for nearly anyone?

Do you understand that running to the mountains while beautiful will not give the peace within as wherever you go you will bring yourself?

With respect the Shamballa within is a work in progress and the closer it is to full maturity the less the outside world will have so much to do with how difficult or easy it is to be here.

In my opinion based on what you have shared it is my advice you work on your inner world while making your way in the world.

A gentle discipline of no more than 15 minutes twice daily of inner work will help you.

If you want to learn Kriya go to my PPD I have shared 1st part of first Kriya practice techniques there. 

If every human being worked only 15 minutes per day on their inner world the outer Shamballa would be even now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, welkin said:

Intuition is direct knowing it comes to you in a flash and does not require prior expertise with any subject.

Inference is very much like the example of the nurse and the medical diagnosis. Nurses are medical professionals and exposure to that field day in and day out leads to medical knowledge.

While it can be intuition because intuition knows no boundaries the chances of inference or minds workings below the nurses awareness is more likely or perhaps even a blending of the two.

Here is a story from when I was 19 back in 1988. My friends and I were going to rent a house. The real estate agent showed us the property and the Alarm went off.

She said oh no we had better go the police are going to show up and I don’t know the code!  We will have to come back later once I get back to the office and call the owner for the code.

(1988 very few cell phones)

I was in the Paravastha of Kriya the after effect of stillness, silence, spaciousness from earlier practice that day.

All of a sudden I knew I knew the code so I walked over the the key pad and simply punched in the codes and disarmed the system.

Everyone stared at me a bit spooked like they had just seen a man fly, something the rational mind must reject just occurred.

The flumuxed real estate agent exclaimed how did you do that?

I just grinned and said oh it just felt right.

This my friend is intuition.

The how is not difficult become still, become quiet inside, become spacious.

If you are receptive you can receive.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Only we aren't talking facts and data here. We aren't talking medical science or societal roles. We are talking spirit journeys and soul type healing.. 

No, what I said there, was regarding intuition not 'soul type healing' .  Dont take my word for it , read some research on intuition. What I said about it doesnt come from only one source.

There was only one member here who inadvertently drew an astral map that I could follow without effort, and he no longer posts here. 

Which is neither here nor there I suppose, but there is much talking and conjecture, and very few who could actually guide if they so chose. 

I am not claiming to be guiding anyone, just sharing my experience  because of the questions asked.

No, you're just telling someone not to trust their intuition in matters of their own spirituality - which I will most likely always argue against. 

Nope. Never did that ,  What I said was  that intuition works best in  areas we are most familiar with.  And I also explained that in magical practice there are certain set ways to go about identifying spirits etc  and their nature and intent .

And again this is also common sense . If you where going to fix the electrical wiring in your house, would you not  learn some basic  skills and  rules ... or would you just go by your intuition ?

On the other hand, an experienced electrician  might intuitively know where the problem lies.

Whenever I let intellect override instinct it played out in the rather understated interesting kind of way. 

Good for you !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

I'm not confusing it .

I know exactly what it is .

Blah blah blah...

Yes, you are very well read and incredibly clever. I bow to your wit and wisdom and hereby excuse my self from the puffalump contest. 

See you guys around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Yes, I do, I had a feeling it was something like that.  Keep the best and discard the rest, which he learned from Mr. Yueng, and what Mr. Yueng also did with his chi kung.  It is an excellent thing to do if you have the opportunity.  Mr. Yueng said that boxers are the toughest and hardest to beat fighters of any kind, and the only ones he would worry about, but he had a plan.  He had the ability to scoot around really fast in a very low stance, with his butt like one foot off the floor.  He said that boxers had a hard time dealing with that and that they couldn't punch downwards very well.

Good idea !  Try anything ... except  trying to box them ! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I'm not confusing it .

I know exactly what it is .

You are convinced you do.