welkin

Astral Projection (don't shoot)

Hey guys,

i looked up astral projection and found several threads on here. However, nothing really seemed to talk much about it. Some references on books, and some concepts here and there. But nothing ultimately that i could derive any real action plan.

Anyone know where to look?

If there isn't any thorough info thread on here, maybe a crash course on how one could achieve it?

For example,

- steps that would need to be taken to do this

- chakras open

- specific technique to doing this?

- thought or no thought?

I understand the requirements and amount of practice it would take to achieve something like this, or maybe not. But i just want to start with a sense of direction to practice from those who know something.

• Like 2

1.     Imagine you are outside your body and doing something familiar to you .

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

1.     Imagine you are outside your body and doing something familiar to you .

So i'm assuming this is step one, and would do this while meditating or laying down?

Astral projection is a valuable tool to develop in some traditions because it can open a whole lot of doors, but don't start a "crash" course without a teacher perhaps. Some traditions don't think much of the astral and might see it as a lower dimension full of distractions. I believe there are different levels of density within the astral. Building foundations with regular meditation are considered important, so that you don't get stuck in some level..

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Robert Monroe is a name to google

I guess i had researched this about a month ago. Anything/book specific? or just look around and see what conclusions i can draw?

12 minutes ago, thursday said:

Astral projection is a valuable tool to develop in some traditions because it can open a whole lot of doors, but don't start a "crash" course without a teacher perhaps. Some traditions don't think much of the astral and might see it as a lower dimension full of distractions. I believe there are different levels of density within the astral. Building foundations with regular meditation are considered important, so that you don't get stuck in some level..

Thanks for the heads up, and after speaking some people i would say they agree with what you just mentioned.

Maybe i should state my intention. So there are some places around the world that i would like to travel to. I plan to do this in person of course one day. But let's say i felt due to safety reasons of not being able to go to these places in person, and wanted to astral travel there. Is there some specific practice i should do? i don't necessarily need or want to travel to another dimension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saudade Swede said:

I think the easiest thing is to consult google. There are plenty of astral projection-resources readily available on the internetz. A personal favourite treatise of mine is Frank Kepple's idea of phasing which I'll link here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aytbhjRRgmbIFRe3pb8yw9NWh88Ra_mjJZWO3fafbw0/edit

Read this and see what you think :) 

I appreciate this. will look through and let you know.

56 minutes ago, welkin said:

I guess i had researched this about a month ago. Anything/book specific? or just look around and see what conclusions i can draw?

I actually don't practice AP, so I don't know.  But my friends who do practice it have mentioned him as being one of the best around. He has a ton of material out. Good luck :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welkin said:

Maybe i should state my intention. So there are some places around the world that i would like to travel to. I plan to do this in person of course one day. But let's say i felt due to safety reasons of not being able to go to these places in person, and wanted to astral travel there. Is there some specific practice i should do? i don't necessarily need or want to travel to another dimension.

A rather longish while ago, I hung large prints of places I found interesting on the walls, and would lay on the floor gazing at them. It became a meditative practice in and of itself. 

As a "preliminary" it's non-standard, but you may find it useful. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, welkin said:

Is there some specific practice i should do? i don't necessarily need or want to travel to another dimension.

Sit comfortably in a nice chair or recliner and try to jump, with your mind/awareness, to a position where you are looking at your body from the front, then jump to the left side and look at yourself, then jump to the right and look, then to the ceiling and look.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Practice Kriya and in the stillness simply lean outside of your body.  I assure you you will be too happy once you truly realize you are not the body to care about going anywhere and will find completeness in that experience is more than sufficient.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, welkin said:

So i'm assuming this is step one, and would do this while meditating or laying down?

Yes.  Whatever is most comfortable.  I liked doing it in bed before I went to sleep.

However, it may not be JUST practice, it might be that some have a propensity to this type of thing and others dont.   It surprised me to find out that some find this ability rather fantastic.  I use it to develop my martial arts; I would be in bed at night and then imagine I am standing out of bed on the floor ( to me this is easy, for others they need to spend time imagining their form outside and separate from themselves) and practising forms. Then I will go through the application of parts of the form with a partner and develop new ideas , possibilities and applications.  Then I will apply them in training. people wanted to know where I learned it and teacher accused me of training in secret with another teacher.  When I explained how I learnt it all , they all ......  :o       and I ;  " Dont you ever do that ? "   Nope, I got the weirdest looks  !

Another practice is to imagine yourself next to your body and observing your body,  now your body is to yourself's left , then move around the other side, now its to your right, etc.  (note the difference between the use of  'your self' and ' your body'  ;)  )

Anyway, just practice that. after a while imagine you are further away from your body, in  another location, but  a familiar  one .

A good thing about this practice is it is not just a step along the way, it also brings benefit by itself .

• Like 3

I am certainly open to any other applicable info people want to relay. But i just want to say thank you all for the very applicable pieces of advice, i think that is more than sufficient to begin testing/practicing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saudade Swede said:

I think the easiest thing is to consult google. There are plenty of astral projection-resources readily available on the internetz. A personal favourite treatise of mine is Frank Kepple's idea of phasing which I'll link here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aytbhjRRgmbIFRe3pb8yw9NWh88Ra_mjJZWO3fafbw0/edit

Ahhh .... the  easiest  method   ....      :rolleyes:

I think most of us know about looking up stuff on google   :)

here ..... we  'talk about stuff' .

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, welkin said:

Thanks for the heads up, and after speaking some people i would say they agree with what you just mentioned.

:D

Okay, I take it all back

DO look it up  on google !

Google Earth that is .

;) 

Would you like to visit Chatham is ? 

use the buttons on bottom right to fly around  ;

https://www.google.com/maps/@-43.8656188,-176.6200464,6172a,35y,90h,38.26t/data=!3m1!1e3

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Sit comfortably in a nice chair or recliner and try to jump, with your mind/awareness, to a position where you are looking at your body from the front, then jump to the left side and look at yourself, then jump to the right and look, then to the ceiling and look.

Just what I was saying !

Then again,  it appears this is a request for 'travel purposes'  only  ... so not much point in 'visiting yourself'     :D 

(Thats the thing about travel , no matter where you go ..... you just cant seem to get away from yourself .)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Just what I was saying !

Then again,  it appears this is a request for 'travel purposes'  only  ... so not much point in 'visiting yourself'     :D 

(Thats the thing about travel , no matter where you go ..... you just cant seem to get away from yourself .)

If you knew where i wanted to travel and for what purpose, you probably wouldn't be laughing :). Don't worry about it though, you'll know what i'm talking about at some point without me having to say anything.

13 hours ago, Saudade Swede said:

I like it. 

It's amazing what google has online.  Thanks for the link.

Wonder if there's a way to zip this into my kindle app.  That'd be too good to be true.

addon>> that was easy.  Saved as Docx and emailed it to my kindle address.  By saving it as docx, I can change the font size. 

I wonder if I could do this to another book, an expensive one that I just ordered, but its also on google somehow.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

The laugh isnt about your purpose, its about the idea of  one 'visiting themself' for practice in 'visiting elsewhere' . 

Anyway, it seems you  feel you have enough to begin ... thats good . Most people want to rush ahead and  know the end steps without practising the preliminary ones  ( and usually  never practice any of the steps anyway ).

In the sort of travel you seem to be implying, one needs to understand  what the astral realm  actually is, so as not to fall into confusion;

it is a different counterpart to the physical material realm, that is , if you do astral project to Chatham Is, dont expect it to look like it would if you checked it out on google earth or went and visited it physically.  Many make this mistake, and with that wrong understanding, that is why experimental works in this kind of AP fail .  Some claim it, but none can prove it  in experiment .

regarding 'purpose' .. let's say one wanted to 'astrally visit' somewhere to  observe and come to a conclusion ( or even generate change). First you would have to recognise the astral  counterpart and effect change  in the astral counterpart so that  the change happens in the physical .  But unless you understand  HOW  the one is reflecting the other, changes in the 'astral' may not transfer as one might think to the desired changes in the physical.

Its not the physical world where behaviour, actions and consequences are fairly straight forward ( for some ! ) .  Even 'helping'  someone ' in the astral' might have very different consequences on the physical.

Anyway, if you practice,  make sure  you follow up with integration exercises / meditation.  Like a physical runner needs a fit bod must make the 'astral body ' fit, and especially  fortified against invasion -   but that is more about when your projections get beyond the field of influence of your physical body .  ( eg  LBRP and similar  )

Eg. We had a woman in our magical group that was a  'natural' .  Often she would describe her 'visits' to my place. She lived interstate and would feel she was missing out on too much so would 'astral travel' to my place for events or classes . Her descriptions where 'inaccurate' but of the right 'flavour' . Sometimes she was pretty close .  But considering her natural ability, I dont think she was doing enough integration and fortifying work .. she was susceptible to 'invasion'  ; a strong mind, but easily influenced by others when emotive content triggered , got involved with  manipulating men and eventually developed a bad drug habit,  then, as  far as I know, dropped out of  that magical path ... ended up joining some cult  ( that took all her money ... etc  )   :(

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

The laugh isnt about your purpose, its about the idea of  one 'visiting themself' for practice in 'visiting elsewhere' . 

Anyway, it seems you  feel you have enough to begin ... thats good . Most people want to rush ahead and  know the end steps without practising the preliminary ones  ( and usually  never practice any of the steps anyway ).

In the sort of travel you seem to be implying, one needs to understand  what the astral realm  actually is, so as not to fall into confusion;

it is a different counterpart to the physical material realm, that is , if you do astral project to Chatham Is, dont expect it to look like it would if you checked it out on google earth or went and visited it physically.  Many make this mistake, and with that wrong understanding, that is why experimental works in this kind of AP fail .  Some claim it, but none can prove it  in experiment .

regarding 'purpose' .. let's say one wanted to 'astrally visit' somewhere to  observe and come to a conclusion ( or even generate change). First you would have to recognise the astral  counterpart and effect change  in the astral counterpart so that  the change happens in the physical .  But unless you understand  HOW  the one is reflecting the other, changes in the 'astral' may not transfer as one might think to the desired changes in the physical.

Its not the physical world where behaviour, actions and consequences are fairly straight forward ( for some ! ) .  Even 'helping'  someone ' in the astral' might have very different consequences on the physical.

Anyway, if you practice,  make sure  you follow up with integration exercises / meditation.  Like a physical runner needs a fit bod must make the 'astral body ' fit, and especially  fortified against invasion -   but that is more about when your projections get beyond the field of influence of your physical body .  ( eg  LBRP and similar  )

Eg. We had a woman in our magical group that was a  'natural' .  Often she would describe her 'visits' to my place. She lived interstate and would feel she was missing out on too much so would 'astral travel' to my place for events or classes . Her descriptions where 'inaccurate' but of the right 'flavour' . Sometimes she was pretty close .  But considering her natural ability, I dont think she was doing enough integration and fortifying work .. she was susceptible to 'invasion'  ; a strong mind, but easily influenced by others when emotive content triggered , got involved with  manipulating men and eventually developed a bad drug habit,  then, as  far as I know, dropped out of  that magical path ... ended up joining some cult  ( that took all her money ... etc  )   :(

Thank you for this. It gave me a better understanding of what i could ecxpect and good caution to have. I think i am in agreement about the place i travel to might not be the same place i would see in google maps. That is actually part of the reason i want to do it, because i think there is something somewhere that cannot be seen.

I am actually in current preparation of an efficient daily routine/practice. I realize i have more than enough resources now to start taking all this seriously and see what i can develop.

I don't have enough experience to give further suggestions. When I have developed a stronger foundation and ability my priority would be visiting higher astral temples.

13 minutes ago, thursday said:

I don't have enough experience to give further suggestions. When I have developed a stronger foundation and ability my priority would be visiting higher astral temples.

Any examples?

22 minutes ago, thursday said:

higher astral temples

Are those anything like the "heavenly corridors" described in this post?

• Like 1