dwai

Different levels of knowledge and how they manifest

In one of my older articles, I had discussed the topic of the four levels/categories of knowledge. 

https://www.medhajournal.com/close-encounters-of-the-fourth-kind/

and also presented a model that maps Zen and Advaita Vedanta alonf those lines.  

https://www.medhajournal.com/consciousness-according-to-zen-buddhism-and-how-it-relates-to-advaita-vedanta/

Also there was an associated TDB post  around the topic — 

The four levels of knowledge, map to the four levels in which awareness seems to exist (waking/dreaming/deep sleep and Turiya). They also map to the “four bodies” ie physical, subtle, causal and nondual. 

The following should apply for spiritual as well as creative works — 

I posit that written words (or typed for that matter) fall under the category of knowledge that maps to the subtle body. In other words, the written word rises from the astral plane. 

In my experience I found that “reading” seems to work at the astral level as well.  These are “closer” to nondual silence than the spoken words are. That is the reason why ideas as presented in books etc take on a far more powerful force than when spoken. 

There are exceptions of course. For instance in ancient times, the words were spoken words, but empowered by masters who operated from the causal and/or nondual levels. 

Just some preliminary thoughts. Please avoid tangential ramblings in your responses. :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dwai said:

Please avoid tangential ramblings in your responses. :) 

In discussing the core of all knowledge, how can they be anything but?

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my humble opinion, this is what the sages meant when they suggested that we should connect with, and develop a personal relationship with an “Ishta Devata” (Personal Deity). With regular practice, we can not only develop self-surrender (to the Deity) but also expand our conscious mind beyond the limitations imposed by our senses. Or in other words, subtler senses will start manifesting, which open us up progressively to a much vaster and much more fluid existence.

I'll do my best to avoid tangential rambling :D

I like the fact that you supply a name to that blackboard that we write our lives upon - Turiya.  I don't think I've heard that word before.  Nice article, Dwai.

The above statement from your article (In my humble opinion, etc) you suggest developing a personal relationship with a personal deity.  Wouldn't this further reinforce duality?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, manitou said:

In my humble opinion, this is what the sages meant when they suggested that we should connect with, and develop a personal relationship with an “Ishta Devata” (Personal Deity). With regular practice, we can not only develop self-surrender (to the Deity) but also expand our conscious mind beyond the limitations imposed by our senses. Or in other words, subtler senses will start manifesting, which open us up progressively to a much vaster and much more fluid existence.

I'll do my best to avoid tangential rambling :D

:D@steve makes a valid point about "how can discussing all of knowledge not include tangential rambling"...

I like the fact that you supply a name to that blackboard that we write our lives upon - Turiya.  I don't think I've heard that word before.  Nice article, Dwai.

Turiya is a word that literally means "The Fourth" (or the Fourth state, beside Waking, Dreaming and Deep Sleep). But it is actually the "blackboard" (as you so aptly put it) and the One and Only, really. 

The above statement from your article (In my humble opinion, etc) you suggest developing a personal relationship with a personal deity.  Wouldn't this further reinforce duality?

Different means for different levels of practice. I usually don't write, words are written through me :) 

Think of it this way -- Some people just need to hear about Nonduality once and they become realized. Others spend years on practices and don't get it. Working with a personal deity helps us dissolve our self-imposed limitations (separate body, separate mind, limited imagination, etc etc). It is a step towards non duality between self and Deity. Which teaches a valuable lesson when it clicks (and I have to thank @Jeff for showing me that most succinctly). 

• Like 2

one type of knowledge  can not be gained or lost...all the rest can be gained and lost in time.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:13 AM, dwai said:

. I usually don't write, words are written through me :) 

This is a curious state, which I share with you.  My brain is pretty much shot now, but there is a wellspring of information that dwells within; and at the appropriate time the words just come out, unplanned - but always right on.  It's not the 'egoic' me, it's the indweller.

• Like 2

It's your unconditional being.

Your degrees of alignment with it, determines the primary manifestation of degrees of emotion, energy in motion.

And the secondary manifestations? Well... They are all and everything else, and they are secondary. Including the everlasting flow of relentless inspiration and evermore allowed flow of evermore allowed higher knowledge, OR NOT. Simply in the moment, OR NOT.

And the most universal, effective, practical and easy tool or technique or permission slip, to align with your own unconditional nature is meditation.

This is literally the greatest text I've ever written. You've now graduated. Congratulations.

Grad-Party-Ideas-5816a2a95f9b581c0b77c25d.jpg

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In no-time no-space - Awareness can be in varying degrees of time and space - it is no longer one or the other. 

Patience and Compassion are not taught - in the receding of resistance this unfolds. Grace will emerge as willfulness no longer deflects it.

The deep resonance of Mantra and Mandala - the Logos unfolds - the Gods come forth - intelligent Objectless emotion - Devotion.

In no-time no-space Patience and Compassion are without constraint.

In deep grace and devotion the expanse resonates through the subtle bodies of which there are many.

Devotion is not too some thing or some one - it is residence of Presence in Creation - dancing in archetype - becoming archetype.

Devotion may be localized and constricted and identified and personified - but underneath it is resonance with that far beyond the localizations. It is beyond beliefs.

True Devotion settles within - in Grace it comes - unfolds. It finds abidance and gives comfort in the vast ever changing stillness.

(Perhaps this was an example of tangential ramblings - it’s what the finger pecked out)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i might add a tangent by saying that "no-time and no-space" are also connected to all-time and all-space

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 3bob said:

i might add a tangent by saying that "no-time and no-space" are also connected to all-time and all-space

New tangent;  merging time and space, or no-time and no-space, seems to merge quite well with quantum physics.  The particle and wave phenomenon.  A particle takes up space.  A wave has to use time.  We sit at the junction of time and space as quantum physics tells us that the two phenomena are one and the same.  Mind boggling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, 3bob said:

It is the Source of All that exists, and it too is ever expanding and evermore becoming in its ever being. And a small portion of your greater non-physical consciousness' is focused here through the lens of your physical being which is an extension of your greater non-physical being. You can NEVER be disconnected from all that you truely are. But you CAN pinch your connection with all of that off, only ever for yourself, by energetic thought patterns and perspectives which you hold on to in the moment, which function as resistance towards the full allowed flow of your own true nature, and this resistance towards your own full true nature will always be indicated by the primary manifestation of it, of emotional discord and negative energy motions of discomfort, indicating your in the moment, not full allowed flow and alignment and blending and harmonization of your physical and greater non-physical being.

And in the most "pinched off" (disconnection is too strong of a word) state of being, you simply feel that despair, of not allowing your true nature to fully flow to you, in the moment. And with one simple meditation, one can simply undo all of that, letting go of whatever thoughts that function as resistance, and poof, gone. The natural alignment, and harmonization and blending and evermore evolution, unfolding and becoming, naturally happens and evolves again, evermore, along the path of least resistance, towards the full blown realisation of all that you want evermore. Naturally and effortlessly. Evermore. And you never need to die in order to allow that to happen. Like all tools and techniques, wether meditation or dying or sleeping,  it's just always simply nothing more than a mere permission slip you use to allow yourself to be more of all that it is of who you truely are and all that you've truely become, and all that you've always been and will be evermore in your ever state of being that is one and the same thing as your ever state of becoming, evermore.

But again, with dying, well, you withdraw your consciousness from the physical. And you come back into full realisation of all that you've become. And with sleeping, you do it too, but often you're unconscious of doing it.  And that's the entire point of meditation, to simply allow all of that to simply be for yourself, here and now, in the moment, while remaining fully conscious and aware in the physical body so as the enjoy the life you came here to live. In full blending with the true unconditional nature of all that you truely are, indicated by the primary manifestation of positive good feeling emotions of harmonizing and blending of your physical and greater non-physical being and consciousness, back into full alignment with the Source of All of Creation, allowing all of your true nature to fully flow through you here in the moment, for the purpose of evermore joyed evermore becoming, along the path of least resistance, that is who it is you truely are. In all of your true nature flowing here through you for the full blown realisation of your evermore expanding true evermore unique and evermore expanding true nature, of all that exists evermore.

And words don't teach, only experience teaches. Hence, the conscious technique leading to the conscious awarenss and benefit of the conscious re-alignment with your own full true nature, of meditation. It being the most universal tool and technique and permission slip to allow you to be more of all that you truely are evermore. And the more you do it, the more you realise meditation is not really the point. It is the allowing that has always been the point. The letting go and letting flow or letting god, or letting be and allowing your full true nature, that is the greatest benefit for you evermore, as you are ment to be in evermore joy. And you will always be capable of allowing that with the least amount of effort. It is so easy that it can hardly be done. And in doing nothing, you leave nothing undone.

Edited by Everything
  • Thanks 2

are you going to compile a book of everything, Everything?  ;-)