Tryingtodobetter

How to sever a soul tie/energetic link with someone

I have recently distanced myself from an intimate relationship that I needed to distance myself from. What are the best methods to go about completely cleansing myself of this person's energetic bond with me?

I'm aware that the cessation of thoughts towards them is of benefit, though I know of little beyond that. I would really appreciate any and all input concerning how to begin excising this person's energy and influence from my personal sphere. Please and thank you 

• Like 2

Let it happen naturally.  Try to accept it, rather than run from the connection. 

We all go thru crappy breakups and it would be wonderful to just forget about the people. But there’s important lessons to learn, and stuff to heal that comes with it. There’s no easy fix, unfortunately. 

Most energetic links are kept alive through our own thoughts/habits/inner stuff... so short of learning and healing through it, anything else would be a temporary fix. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Let it happen naturally.  Try to accept it, rather than run from the connection. 

We all go thru crappy breakups and it would be wonderful to just forget about the people. But there’s important lessons to learn, and stuff to heal that comes with it. There’s no easy fix, unfortunately. 

Most energetic links are kept alive through our own thoughts/habits/inner stuff... so short of learning and healing through it, anything else would be a temporary fix. 

I see and hear what you are saying. Though surely there is some rite I can perform that will disconnect me from this person's sphere of influence entirely.

You seem to be a sentimental person, as am I for the most part. However, I want to no longer have this person be a part of my reality.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

I see and hear what you are saying. Though surely there is some rite I can perform that will disconnect me from this person's sphere of influence entirely.

You seem to be a sentimental person, as am I for the most part. However, I want to no longer have this person be a part of my reality.

I understand. 

Maybe a symbolic cord cutting can help. 

https://exemplore.com/healing/How-To-Cut-Energy-Cords

I've done this once, a number of years back.  It was more out of curiosity to what it would feel like.  I did it with an old "friend" who was very toxic for me.  Two days after I "cut the cord", he came into my work to "see how I was doing."  I hadn't seen him in a couple years. Coincidence?

Good luck!

Edited by Fa Xin

In my experience it takes about half the time that the relationship was maintained, for the connection to dissolve naturally...  for the waters to clear so to speak.

Although this varies depending on the depth of the connection and the process and approach of the one walking away, versus the one being walked away from (sometimes this is maintained indefinitely)...  each dynamic can have drastically different results for each involved. 

Residual echoes of the other person's influence will persist long after this... memory triggers arise, though with time, the impact of the recall does seem 'lose its teeth' and the memories no longer carry the sting and substantiality and ability to influence the current moment they when they arise later in the process.

I find it good to reassess when memory triggers arise, where I was, where I am and reassert my intentions and then when my bearings are set again clearly, let go again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you get out of being connected to this person ?  It's not really about them, it is about you and your needs.
For instance if you wish to please people, perhaps because you have a habit of doing this because of a fear of aloneness, or because you do not have the skill of loving yourself, or due to pain that is waiting to be resolved, then you will be maintaining this connection.

Try the cord cutting ceremony, if it doesn't work then something deeper is there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

I have recently distanced myself from an intimate relationship that I needed to distance myself from. What are the best methods to go about completely cleansing myself of this person's energetic bond with me?

I'm aware that the cessation of thoughts towards them is of benefit, though I know of little beyond that. I would really appreciate any and all input concerning how to begin excising this person's energy and influence from my personal sphere. Please and thank you 

If you and this person were lovers, then there is an energetic link made that exist no matter the distance nor what you think or wish.  I've read in several places that this link lasts for seven years, and the only way to cut it is to find a real shaman who can see the link and break it for you.  I had a volunteer here who went through that recently and she said that after that she felt more energetic.

21 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

One method I've heard of being used is to use your intention to write down about your emotional attachments, issues, all strong emotions associated with said relationship on a piece of paper. Then, burn the paper, and as the paper burns down, let go of the attachments. If it doesn't fully work at the first instance, do it again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

I am sorry, but no on such rites.  Most of such connections are subconscious and things like cord cutting are not really cutting a connection, but more like trying to build a mental wall around it.  Such things usually become very unstable and breakdown.

It is always hard, but the most powerful technique is simply forgiving yourself and the other person.  Give it time and let it go.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

Do you have a spiritual practice? I think it’s important to approach this with a method you find supportive, something that inspires confidence in you.

My approach is to not attempt to break the connection but to feel it, embrace it, be with it fully. I then bring this energetic identity, the one who is attached, the one who feels the connection, into a supportive meditative space (we refer to it as inner refuge). The openness, clarity, and warmth that are naturally there in the refuge allow the identity to lose its hold and, slowly over time, dissolve and ultimately liberate.

This is an approach that requires some fundamental familiarity with a supportive meditative space that can fully envelope and withstand whatever challenges I bring with me. Not something anyone can just sit down and do from scratch. Feel free to PM of you want more detail. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

It is always hard, but the most powerful technique is simply forgiving yourself and the other person.  Give it time and let it go

This is the best advice.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2019 at 1:56 PM, Tryingtodobetter said:

There are many ways to do what you are asking - the burning paper idea does work on some levels. You can also simply postulate that the agreements that brought you together and that have found you in separation are finished - as in the contracts you had between yourselves is now finished - you can write this down on the paper and burn it.

If this is done in resistance it will be far less effective than if it is done in simple no effort.

You can repeat the process for 7 days.

In so doing you are releasing the both of you energetically.

If there is something to forgive - greet forgiveness without willfulness and a kick in the behind. Drop it - simply drop it.

If you are one to visualize things - close your eyes and imagine you sitting across from the person.  First simply sit with this image and notice any resistance in your physical and energetic bodies that come to pass from sitting across from this person and breath into it and feel the tension dissolve or fall away. Do this until you feel you are not IN resistance.

Now imagine that a table appears between the two of you and it has a bowl of fire gently burning. Imagine that any agreements you still have with the person are floating over and dropping into the bowl - and notice that as those agreements go into the burning bowl some energy floats out in vibrant neutrality and some of it goes back to you and some of it goes back to the person across from you. This is the life force that you both had in those agreements. You are both getting it back in Present Time.

Address yourself within and know you are spotless - you have not been tarnished in any way. The person that is across from you is as you - spotless and untarnished. Rigidized patterns and held momentums brought you together and are released - releasing will ease over time. Give devotion to higher states - move on - forgive.

Be in the center of your bodies - take no side

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/20/2019 at 1:53 AM, Spotless said:

There are many ways to do what you are asking - the burning paper idea does work on some levels. You can also simply postulate that the agreements that brought you together and that have found you in separation are finished - as in the contracts you had between yourselves is now finished - you can write this down on the paper and burn it.

If this is done in resistance it will be far less effective than if it is done in simple no effort.

You can repeat the process for 7 days.

In so doing you are releasing the both of you energetically.

If there is something to forgive - greet forgiveness without willfulness and a kick in the behind. Drop it - simply drop it.

If you are one to visualize things - close your eyes and imagine you sitting across from the person.  First simply sit with this image and notice any resistance in your physical and energetic bodies that come to pass from sitting across from this person and breath into it and feel the tension dissolve or fall away. Do this until you feel you are not IN resistance.

Now imagine that a table appears between the two of you and it has a bowl of fire gently burning. Imagine that any agreements you still have with the person are floating over and dropping into the bowl - and notice that as those agreements go into the burning bowl some energy floats out in vibrant neutrality and some of it goes back to you and some of it goes back to the person across from you. This is the life force that you both had in those agreements. You are both getting it back in Present Time.

Address yourself within and know you are spotless - you have not been tarnished in any way. The person that is across from you is as you - spotless and untarnished. Rigidized patterns and held momentums brought you together and are released - releasing will ease over time. Give devotion to higher states - move on - forgive.

Be in the center of your bodies - take no side

I will try one of these tomorrow

On 5/13/2019 at 2:31 PM, Starjumper said:

If you and this person were lovers, then there is an energetic link made that exist no matter the distance nor what you think or wish.  I've read in several places that this link lasts for seven years, and the only way to cut it is to find a real shaman who can see the link and break it for you.  I had a volunteer here who went through that recently and she said that after that she felt more energetic.

How do I perform a ceremony alone and without seeking out another for help?

I thought we were in a relationship, tho she was just using me

I would like to completely sever any connection we have and her influence on my life, as well as the influence of some others- particularly whoever or whatever is behind the strange sensations and shocks in my legs that respond to my thinking/actions

Edited by Tryingtodobetter

27 minutes ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

How do I perform a ceremony alone and without seeking out another for help?

Its in the posts here above , the ones you are going to try tomorrow. Also 'cutting energy cords' , you where given a link to that above .

I thought we were in a relationship, tho she was just using me

I would like to completely sever any connection we have and her influence on my life, as well as the influence of some others- particularly whoever or whatever is behind the strange sensations and shocks in my legs that respond to my thinking/actions

Take a holiday , break the habitual cycle of things you did that where associated with her .  Work some ritual or meditation of protection around yourself and where you sleep ;  form a clear blue egg / sphere around yourself , practice a  Banishing ritual or Rose Cross  ritual ( see Regardie) .  Make sure you dont have any of her stuff or gifts or trinkets .  Take up a new sport or hobby - something that gets your energy flowing in new ways .   Shave your head  :)  .  

Remind yourself of and rejoice in your new found freedom .     

- Congratulations !   

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Lots of interesting and good methods shown here.

Another way to look at it though, and this might be the situation, might not be. Just advising based off my own experience.

You may need that person more than you think. Whether it is objectively true or not, doesn't matter. The point is you're creating that tie to the person for a variety of possible reasons.

I'm going to throw one possibility out there. You might feel that this may be the last and only person you have left that can love you. And it's just too hard to let go.

Sometimes when we feel that the people closest to us didn't see or accept us for who we truly were/are, we never learn to create that approval, acceptance, love... for ourselves. So we are constantly looking for it elsewhere. And even if we already feel like we love ourselves, then it could mean that we think that that alone isn't enough.

Is loving ourselves really not enough though?

It's already complicated enough living in a world where love/forgiveness can mean anything. Where people are both asleep and awake. Where there are agendas at play, both good and bad.

The love and forgiveness we have for ourselves is more than enough. It's a sword and shield with endless insight and wisdom that would take countless lifetimes to comprehend. Yet we choose to study, experiment, understand it so slowly.

Before i continue going on a tangent, if you are indeed the one keeping that tie/link, you'll be the only one to cut it if and when it is right.

• Like 1