Owledge

I wonder what this would do to the universe

On 5/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, Owledge said:

Eating a cake with a spoon.

Wonderful, I didn't know that there were 'another|another' destiny *tweaker posting here.:lol:

*Tweaker | Definition of Tweaker by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tweakerTweaker definition is - one who makes minor adjustments to something (such as electronic equipment) to improve its performance or effectiveness. 

Edited by mrpasserby
make obvious

I eat my Tres Leches cake with a spoon, in order to get every drop

and my avocados with salt or salsa. 

What happens to the universe when random factors align?

nothing,

but humans get surprised. 

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, Owledge said:

Eating a cake with a spoon.

Wife's birthday today.

Got myself a slice of Black Forest Cherry and then... reached for the spoon.

48 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Wife's birthday today.

Got myself a slice of Black Forest Cherry and then... reached for the spoon.

And now you are in an alternate universe in which you did the unthinkable. Which is nothing like people would have imagined ... because you don't even really notice a difference.

... Even I am still here.

... Then again, are you sure you still remember the old universe correctly? Maybe you are in denial in order for your mind to be able to handle the dimensional shift.

In any case, welcome. Always nice to meet new people. I am the new guy.

18 hours ago, Owledge said:

And now you are in an alternate universe in which you did the unthinkable. Which is nothing like people would have imagined ... because you don't even really notice a difference.

... Even I am still here.

... Then again, are you sure you still remember the old universe correctly? Maybe you are in denial in order for your mind to be able to handle the dimensional shift.

Pfffft !     

Next thing you be trying to convince me that crows never looked like this ;

4Oewexz.jpg

Or  ... an extract  from one of my short stories :

(note highlighted bit )

'Hmmmm ... " The Prince pondered and looked out to the view and the village and valley below and the distant mountains.
"Wise One, What is all this?"
"What?"
"All this," Prince Solomon swept his hand to take in the view.
"Life." The Hermit answered placidly.
"But what is it FOR, what is it all about?"
"THAT is what it is for, that is why it exists, to ask that question. You have to work it out for yourself."
"Hrumph! I'm not getting much wisdom here Wise One."
"Well, thats up to you isnt it, I dont have much choice in the matter, I cant pander to your prejudices, I can only tell the truth. Actually I have no choice, I HAVE to tell the truth. That’s why I have to live up here and be so lonely, because I HAVE to tell the truth. Can you imagine what a curse that is?"

Prince Solomon thought about that and looked out at the view.
"Some say that life is a stage on which we are all players."
"They do." replied The Hermit.
 Prince Solomon continued looking at the view as if in quiet meditation. He  then turned  and looked directly at The Hermit  and asked,
"Is that true?"
The Hermit looked a little uncomfortable and started to move from his previously composed posture. He went to say something but hesitated. Then he slumped a bit and replied,
"Yes."
Prince Solomon looked at The Hermit in surprise and exclaimed, "So! It is true! Then life ... well then, if life is a play on a stage, it must also be a story?"
The Hermit relaxed a bit and replied, "Oh yes, life is a story."
"Yes but," Prince Solomon interrupted him, "not just metaphorically. I mean, if this conversation and this place is part of a story, that must mean that someone has written this story?"
"Oh, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there Prince Solomon."
Another thin fish swam past through the air. Prince Solomon made a grab for it but stopped. The fish scooted away on the air. Prince Solomon's stomach rumbled and he rubbed it as if he was hungry. He looked suspiciously at The Hermit,
"But that wouldn't make much sense would it?"
"No it wouldn't." replied The Hermit relieved.
"Because the writer could just write in whatever he felt like, he could change the story as he went along ..." A fish, the same as the others but fat. swam past in the air. Prince Solomon grabbed it. "Aha! At last!" He put the fishes tail in his mouth and sucked it. The fish shrank. He stopped and looked at The Hermit and offered the fish to him, "Fish-sup?"
The Hermit held up one hand and placed the other on his stomach and shook his head, "No, I've had my fill today thanks."
Prince Solomon finished sucking the fish. Now it was as thin as the others were, he let it go and it swam off through the air.

"Well, where was I now? Oh yes, if life IS a story, that would explain why, sometimes, life doesn’t seem to make much sense. The writer could just make things up as he goes along and change things at will and, well ... that would make life seem crazy and illogical."
"Well, that is the conclusion a few people have come to, regardless." replied The Hermit.

"But how would we know?" Prince Solomon asked.

'Pardon?"
"I said," repeated prince Solomon, "How would we know? If things were crazy and different from the 'real' world - we are in this one and anything that happens, anything in the story would seem normal, so most people would never realise that it was some crazy story, they'd just shrug and say, 'that’s life' or 'life is inconsistent'. "

"I think you are becoming a little confused." The Hermit replied.

"But how would we know if we ourselves are different from how we should be? For example, what if the writer decided to give us ..." Prince Solomon lifted his shirt to show his chest and his three nipples to The Hermit. " ... only two nipples instead of the normal three?"
" Well, I dont see what all this really has to do with ... " The Hermit muttered.
"So the writer would also be writing for a reader, that's the whole  point isn't it? ... Wait a minute! Someone is reading this story now, aren't they?"

"Well, this is getting rather philosophical and I don't see ..."

"You have to tell the truth!" prince Solomon interrupted him.

The Hermit slumped in resignation and replied, " Yes, someone is reading the story now."

Prince Solomon jumped up and looked around, "Aha! I knew it! Where are they?"
The Hermit swept his arm wide, "All around, its hard to say, it depends on what the focus is."

• Like 1