Starjumper

The Doomsday Scenario

On 5/22/2019 at 3:10 PM, welkin said:

dreaming about the crown of thorns burning/steaming because of holy water the same week as the Notre Dame falling means nothing i guess. This was before i even know the crown of thorns existed and was kept in notre dame.

I think that's pretty incredible.

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

de Bono is a moron

In the first section he says that the Church was in charge of education during the Renaissance.   And then goes on to tear apart the Church's way of doing things, and comes up with a much better way of thinking.

The problem with that is that the Renaissance was the greatest period of creative activity and growth in Europe for 1000 years.

So the actual conclusion is that you should re-introduce the same form of education

That is if you are an honest man.

If you are a fat ape liar, then you just carry right along.

In California working for some ecology department they legislated to force river factories to put inputs downstream of the outputs.   Well can this scheme  work in practice ?  Not really because a river will disperse the output largely very little will end up in the input even if they are downstream.

However being an ecology department and hating manufacturers, there is the petty satisfaction of having punished these factory owners and give them a little kick .... from your safe academic job not manufacturing anything.

What creeps.   Let's introduce solutions into society that punish people we don't like as part of our victimology and negative agendas.

He says that every child should have a project ... but that all children came up with the same solution except for one child.

Again you have totally contradicted yourself ... I thought this was going to lead to individual creativity, how are all the projects the same?
You are saying that this educational scheme produces very little creativity.

You totally contradicted your purpose, like with the Renaissance earlier.    Stupid man.

If you think children are machines and have so many agendas concealed around your neck ... you should not be in charge of education.

Edited by rideforever

OK, I'm guilty of not watching the whole video = ) I just thought the title and the beginning were good.  Thanks for the review.

Yeah .... well you know what, he's a very nice man.   Right, nice voice, kind demeanour and all that.

The only problem is ... if you actually listen to what he actually says and you actually consider it ... it's wrong.

That's the only small problem !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the Pope Catholic ?
.... I am not sure what he is ... 

==================================

Anyway regarding Doomsday.

The media for financial reasons is terrorising everyone causing everyone to hate everyone else, because .... only because for the ratings, for bums on seats, and for shifting papers.

That's it.

They don't believe any of these stories, truth is not in their agenda.

And people are suffering because of it.

They ... don't have the ability to withstand the assault.

Then they talk about Doomsday.

But it's actually just a financial / business / marketing thing.

• Like 1

There is an old jewish story

That the angels adviced god

Not to crate humans cos

Thy will destroy the world

But god didnt lisened to

Their advice and crated

Human beings.

The pop is one of the few

That realise the fate

Of plant earth

tha apoclipse

Edited by LAOLONG

23 minutes ago, LAOLONG said:

Not to crate humans cos

But god didnt lisened to

Their advice and crated

Human beings.

That realise the fate

Of plant earth

tha apoclipse

I'm curious.  Is there any tradition other than Christianity that looks forward to an apocalypse?

13 hours ago, manitou said:

I'm curious.  Is there any tradition other than Christianity that looks forward to an apocalypse?

Yep .

I am not sure if you have read any of my posts on comparative religion and Zoroastrianism  .   In a few of them I show how many religious traditions of Bahai, Islam, Christianity and Judaism adopted certain core precepts from Zoroastrianism .

Along one central theme is the 'lost homeland' 'Para-diz ( lit. a beautiful garden ) - 'paradise ' ; The Garden of Eden.  A fall from grace, then in the future a new golden age and a 'savior'  - A  ' saoshyant ' - a man that would save the world .

The 'death cult' / sacrificial religions , like Christianity seem to focus more on negative apocalyptically scenarios..... of course  :)  .

As usual, the 'latterr' forms of scripture  also seem to focus more on this and it is more clearly described   later Zoroastrian  Avestan and Pahlavi texts: There will be a final great struggle between good and evil in which good will triumph. The bodies of the dead will be resurrected, and the Last Judgement will take place. The earth will be purified by a torrent of fiery metal. Through which all mankind will pass. To the blessed it will be like walking through warm milk, but sinners will perish.

Better get yer milk waders out       ..... or your black smithing   pants

Doomsday is everyday for someone...

There's an internal doomsday everytime a previously held illusory notion incinerates in awareness.

And while it often feels apocalyptic for the mindset attached to the dying foundation of illusiory conceptual belief, it's blissful empty clear liberation when citta, cleansed of the dust and smoke of bullshit shines.

I delight now in the maelstroms of shattering illusions and previously assumed truths of projective dust.  Where they were storms of discontent and at times frightening unsurety when notions of foundational seeming truth crumbled, they now emanate thunder in silence revealing awareness in simplicity, clarity, bliss.  

A pervading calm in the midst of mists dissolving in warm light.

Edited by silent thunder

7 hours ago, Nungali said:

To the blessed it will be like walking through warm milk, but sinners will perish.

Better get yer milk waders out       ..... or your black smithing   pants

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that warm milk....

• Haha 1

About a month ago I watched a video from history channel about mt kailash. in the video it had a scene that showed a head stature with shining eyes and colorful video effects very similarly to the head statue at the end of i pet goat 2. Before i even saw this, i had already done some research on I pet goat 2, and had learned the end scene does represent mt kailash. I don't believe this was any coincidence.

I went back to the history channel video today, only to find it had been taken down. Why take 2 years ant 1.7 million views later to take it down. Gahh... this is just too weird.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:11 PM, LAOLONG said:

Not to crate humans cos

But god didnt lisened to

Their advice and crated

Human beings.

That realise the fate

Of plant earth

tha apoclipse

Why didn't God listen?  Here's one answer by famed Rabbi Jonathon Sacks- (http://rabbisacks.org/covenant-conversation-5772-bereishit-the-faith-of-god/)

"God created humanity because God has faith in humanity. Far more than we have faith in God, God has faith in us. We may fail many times, but each time we fail, God says: “Even to old age I will not change, and even to grey hair, I will still be patient.” I will never give up on humanity. I will never lose faith. I will wait for as long as it takes for humans to learn not to oppress, enslave or use violence against other humans. That, implies the Talmud, is the only conceivable explanation for why a good, wise, all-seeing and all-powerful God created such fallible, destructive creatures as us. God has patience. God has forgiveness. God has compassion. God has love.

For centuries, theologians and philosophers have been looking at religion upside down. The real phenomenon at its heart – the mystery and miracle – is not our faith in God. It is God’s faith in us."

*note in the folklore, God doesn't necessarily see people destroying the world, but the angels do see mankinds history laid out.  I've been watching an Amazon Prime show, Good Omens, dealing with a demon and angel, who are secret friends who live among mankind for a millenia. 

There's a quote in the show I liked; that people don't do things because they're good or bad, they do stuff because they're people.  Life is complex..

I also like the thought 'Don't blame God for the acts of man', course that still leaves plenty of natural phenomena to grouse about.