2ndchance

Which English-Speaking Asian Master would you English-Speaking Dao Bums choose as your Root Guru Master?

I am 2ndChance.

I am a middle-aged Asian Man who was born and bred in a bi-lingual country which placed an emphasis on learning both English and Chinese for its Asian students.

Now as all of you Dao Bums are all "English" so desperate in search of "Enlightenment" to escape from all forms of Samsaric Sufferings, and when I say "English", I mean all of you Dao Bums read in English, think in English, write in English, swear vulgarities in English, groan sexually in English and of course, speak in English, etc.. all things all activities in English, if ya know what I mean? 

Sooo... as "English" Dao Bums so desperately searching for "Enlightenment" from all manner of Asian Masters specializing in Enlightenment, may I humbly ask this simple question ..

"Which English-Speaking Asian Master would you English-Speaking Dao Bums choose as your Root Guru Master and Why would you make your choice based on What Reasons?" .. 

I grew up in a Buddhist-Daoist-Hindu-Christian-Catholic environments so I am pretty familiar with the major religions in the world.

From any simple research on the internet wikis, it is very easy to deduce that the major sources of "Spiritual Enlightenment" stem from the Buddhist patheons, Daoist Pantheons, Hindu Pantheons. Afterall, these are the only three major Right-Hand-Path Pantheons which keep knocking "Meditation" into everyone's heads in all of our search for "Enlightenment".

But as an East Asian man, naturally I am drawn towards the Buddhist Daoist pantheons. I am open towards the Hindu Pantheons of course but I am really not in favor of Hindu Indian foods all curries and indian spices but not really that diverse in terms of flavor. 

So in my most chaotic years of 2010-2012 prior to the Mayan Calendar Doomsday 21/12/2012, I was searching so desperately for any Chinese spiritual masters who can open up my third eye to see the inner and outer spiritual worlds to deal with all manner of goddesses pretending to be my root-guru-mother-wives-goddess and all that ........ right ...... well, I am channelling all manner of information right now which are mucking around with my heart and my brain as all manner of jealous peeps are trying to fight with each other for my inner voice.. 

Anyway, in my most chaotic years of of 2010-2012 prior to the Mayan Calendar Doomsday 21/12/2012, I was searching so desperately for any Chinese spiritual masters who can open up my third eye to see the inner and outer spiritual worlds to deal with all manner of spirits, both negative and positive and all manner of the like, so that I can temper the negative qlippotic sides of myself to temper the positive sephiroth sides of myself to bring into balance both the light and the dark to reach enlightenment. 

You see, when I was living as a permanent resident in Australia during 2007-2009, I was extremely bored so I keep watching Taiwanese spiritual talkshows on youtube all the time. As I said before, I grew up in a Buddhist-Daoist-Hindu-Christian-Catholic environment so I am very aware of the workings of all manner of spiritual masters from the various RHP traditions around the world.

However, from my research into spiritual enlightenment during 2007-2009, I found out that Taiwan has the biggest number of temples of the Buddhist-Daoist pantheons in the world. 

Some people said I should have ventured into Japan which can outpowered Taiwan in terms of spiritual enlightenment which is totally true because somewhere in the back of my mind, I was looking for Japanese spiritual masters in Taiwan during 2011 but they are nowhere to be found so I can't travel to Japan as I don't speak no Nihongo.

So since I speak both English and Chinese, I naturally ventured into Taiwan looking for Buddhist or Daoist masters who can open up my third eye so that I can see and deal with the spiritual entities living in the spiritual world non-physical world.

But I didn't find any Taiwanese spiritual master who can deal with me. All the Chinese masters including the Taiwanese masters and Hong Kong masters speak in riddles and beat about the bush all the time. I spent late 2009-2011 travelling the Taiwan-China-HongKong regions looking for Chinese spiritual masters to open up my third eye but none could help me.

Well, if a spiritual master can't open up your spiritual senses but instead ask you to chant mantras all the time, ask you to sit and meditate all the time, ask you to do qigong all the time without giving you a true roadmap of spiritual enlightenment progress, what kind of spiritual masters would they be?

Well, with that said, May I Ask Again.. 

"Which English-Speaking Asian Master would you English-Speaking Dao Bums choose as your Root Guru Master and Why would you make your choice based on What Reasons?" .. 

Anyway, did I mention that I suffered from severe insomnia, unawareness energy disruptions to my frontal heart and back chest areas as well as unawareness energy disruptions to my head area since 2010?

I really thought the Taiwanese spiritual masters can help me with my health problems but no one in the world can do anything about my health problems, let alone the Taiwanese spiritual masters..

So really what can I do to help myself..

Ok this is a sub-question..

Anyway Dao Bums, All of You know that We have all posted in here before using multiple nicks before we were banned or get kicked off or get taken over and all that..

Well let me, 2ndChance, be the first to apologize to all Dao Bums for my idiotic stubbornness to cling on to my aversions to Samsaric Sufferings like being a "Breatharian like Jericho Sunfire so I have to Sun-Gaze every sun-rise and every sun-set to activate my Spiritual Samadhi Siddhi powers to cut off my addictions to food so that I can preserve my Chi to cut off my lust towards Beautiful Busty Women both Asian and White.."

I once thought that being a mountain ascetic could solve all my problems.. Well I live in my own world you know.. the top of the Tibetan Himalayan Mountains are just as "lustful" as a run-down studio apartment in Taipei so what's the difference? running off into the boondocks in New Zealand or running back to Taipei again?

So I apologize for posting so many things in Dao Bums over the last decade or so..

🙇🏻

My two most recent formal teachers speak only a word or two of english.

I speak a few words in Mandarin.  Both are 18th generation in their respective lineages.

So much that is communicated comes from beyond, beneath and around words, not from formal language.

My teacher now is all of life.  The air clouds and trees, the bushes insects, the bees... the turds I encounter on my walks, the puddles i sometimes splash in for joy...  teachers everywhere and almost none of them use the canting of words.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

.. I spent late 2009-2011 travelling the Taiwan-China-HongKong regions looking for Chinese spiritual masters to open up my third eye but none could help me.

Well, if a spiritual master can't open up your spiritual senses but instead ask you to chant mantras all the time, ask you to sit and meditate all the time, ask you to do qigong all the time without giving you a true roadmap of spiritual enlightenment progress, what kind of spiritual masters would they be?

Maybe there is no easy or guaranteed road to enlightenment or opening up the third eye.  The road map might include doing qigong all the time and meditating and chanting.  And if you if you do it for a decade or two or three, then you've got a shot at it.    

My philosophy has always been look to the top students, not the guru, because they're what you'll most likely become.  And a good teacher close is better then a great teacher far away.   Particularly when you're starting out and mid level.   

So.. I'd say look around at what's close.  Flashy and books don't mean alot.  Put out the word, network, see who's recommended, check them out, don't sign on any dotted lines, or give up your family fortune, but listen to them, pay attention to there students/disciples, the ethics of the organization.  And good luck. 

• Like 3

I  dont think having a 'guru' is my ' genes  '

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Not asian but seems like what the OP is looking for.   The OP would probably benefit a lot from meeting him.

good advice....

"stay thirsty my friends"

Edited by windwalker

I would argue that the Asians have no more authority on enlightenment than anyone else.  I studied Druidry for a while and that also has tales of cauldrons, inner alchemy, the flow (Awen), 3 drops of elixir, immortality and the adder stone (read jade egg).  Before Silent Thunder wrote what he did I was going to suggest a flower.  

People have awoken without a teacher.  They just noticed it with their two eyes, not a third.  What you are trying to see is always in front of you wherever you look.  If it looks exactly the same whether awakened or not then perhaps you should meditate on the question of what is not seeing what?

I also imagine that many of the Dao Bums folk are genuinely interested in Daoism as a philosophy to being less uptight, to improve their energy, and get back to being more natural, and not simply here to realise enlightenment.

Good luck any way :)

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Like 2

In my understanding we don't soo much get to choose a "root guru", as the root guru is the one that first "introduces" you to your "true nature". You could meet twenty gurus and still not have a root guru. You could meet one, and instantly recognize them as such. It's honestly a very personal thing. 

To echo some others here, when I consider such things, it is the wind that prompted such introduction for me. 

Not much help, I suppose..

• Like 4

This may not be much help either, but I suppose...

Whenever a guru/master gives a major transmission with intent to share knowing/light, there is always a possibility that the "reciever" will have an authentic discovery of their true primordial state. The teacher should accept that some of their students may discover their real nature, and that they might come to regard him or her as their root guru. That is why it is important to take responsibility for giving transmission. When someone gives transmission they are doing so in order to help people become realized, to help them realize their own primordial nature. When that happens, that guru becomes the root guru for that student, and from then on that student has real knowledge of their own nature, even though that knowledge may unfold over time.

• Like 5

I  have met Eastern Master from India received their initiations not once but three times and only one was authentic. Prior to that it was Western Gnostic Disciples of Christ whom baptized me and the initiations are so similar as are the feelings and the results as to be so similar  to be quite astounding.

I want to tell you this OP screw looking for some bastard to open your third eye and do it for yourself. Shaktipat is a trick, It is just some conman suffusing your third Eye,  Ajna chakra with a stream of prana  and getting it to glow to con you out of dollars.

If any SOB tells you the duty of the Guru is to open your so called third eye and only that  you had better close your fist on your wallet and run like hell.

This is a parlor trick. Do not seek this, do not be fooled by it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

I want to tell you this OP screw looking for some bastard to open your third eye and do it for yourself.

listen to the echo......good read if one has time

The question of whether or not there is a God or truth or reality, or whatever you like to call it, can never be answered by books, by priests, philosophers or saviours. Nobody and nothing can answer the question but you yourself and that is why you must know yourself. Immaturity lies only in total ignorance of self. To understand yourself is the beginning of wisdom.

https://selfdefinition.org/krishnamurti/Jiddu_Krishnamurt_Freedom_from_the_Known.pdf

We have been told that all paths lead to truth - you have your path as a Hindu and someone else has his path as a Christian and another as a Muslim, and they all meet at the same door - which is, when you look at it, so obviously absurd.

Truth has no path, and that is the beauty of truth, it is living.

A dead thing has a path to it because it is static,

You waste a lot of time demanding to have your 3rd eye opened up to deal with entities etc...

I don't remember Buddha taking this approach at all, it is ungrounded.

Why don't you just go to the nearest Buddhist centre and sit in meditation for the next 6 months, and let them do the teaching?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, windwalker said:

listen to the echo......good read if one has time

Do you have a link?