welkin

Who is Loneman Pai?

59 minutes ago, pegasus1992 said:

Besides selectively ignoring half my post

That’s coz I’ve no interest in arguing with you over trivialities :) 

I’m only pointing out things for others considering jumping into ‘advanced’ Daoist processes without having a foundation.

59 minutes ago, pegasus1992 said:

provide counter evidence to illustrate it as a necessary step, and show me why it is so important

Again - no interest in proving anything to you. You’re clearly happy with your views and have no sincere interest in what I have to say. Which is perfectly fine. Carry on.

If someone else is sincerely interested in the safety and efficiency factors of the Daoist path, and they indicate that - then I’m more than happy to say more.

Otherwise - just carry on with the topic at hand 👍🏼

Edited by freeform
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

I have a hard time believing things like this when it's so easy to edit videos and add effects...

Especially when there’s a demonstration of at least some proficiency in doing that in other videos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, freeform said:

That’s coz I’ve no interest in arguing with you over trivialities :) 

I’m only pointing out things for others considering jumping into ‘advanced’ Daoist processes without having a foundation.

Again - no interest in proving anything to you. You’re clearly happy with your views and have no sincere interest in what I have to say. Which is perfectly fine. Carry on.

If someone else is sincerely interested in the safety and efficiency factors of the Daoist path, and they indicate that - then I’m more than happy to say more.

Otherwise - just carry on with the topic at hand 👍🏼

Id say its more because you are unwilling to acknowledge the inaccuracy of your statement that all his information is in the books....because it clearly is not

As for Daoist practices....internal alchemy in not an exclusively Daoist practice....its pretty much global when you consider indigenous peoples and look into the history....and if you'll read into several ancient texts, youll have little problem deciphering things like squeezing the perineum with controlled breathing etc etc...practices are readily available outside of Daoist traditions...so it is in no way exclusive...

And on that note, ive been more eager to hear why you think that than anything else...the very fact I asked over and over is evidence enough....so do elaborate so we can move beyond arguing semantics

Also as a P.S.....do not think for a moment I have anything against Qi gong...there are systems of it that are in their own right a complete path....and they are very powerful...Ive seen several..

When I mention qi gong...I am exclusively referring to the notion that "introductory exercises are a compulsory prerequisite of spiritual alchemical practice"

Edited by pegasus1992
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, freeform said:

Especially when there’s a demonstration of at least some proficiency in doing that in other videos.

We encountered almost a full scale riot when members discovered that sotg doesn't actually live in a lamp

I have no idea how people can trust anything in life when even the videos that they base their beliefs on can be untrue.  Only way around that would be if there was a way to somehow experience these things.  Oh well, maybe next life lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forwards said:

Only way around that would be if there was a way to somehow experience these things.

Sure - I’ve witnessed many such things.

So I’m open to the possibility that the video in question is legit...

But it’s worth pointing out that he’s demonstrated an ability to use visual effects to edit videos.

I’m not saying it’s ‘proof’ of fakery. But there’s nothing wrong with a bit of skeptical discernment. :) 

• Like 2

" Dont believe the human eye in shadow or in shade

the puppet show of sight and sense

is the Devil's masquerade  . "

71HzYh71LPL._SX425_.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, freeform said:

Sure - I’ve witnessed many such things.

So I’m open to the possibility that the video in question is legit...

But it’s worth pointing out that he’s demonstrated an ability to use visual effects to edit videos.

I’m not saying it’s ‘proof’ of fakery. But there’s nothing wrong with a bit of skeptical discernment. :) 

I think we just have different ideas on the matter.  

If I'm not going to look into a matter i don't pay it any attention to save time

Edit: just to clarify as looking at my responses it might appear like im trying to argue about your viewpoint.  Not at all. its weird when people just accept anything posted online 

Edited by Forwards

No matter some of the good things he might say and do, in my opinion it is unwise to take as a teacher a man who wears an orange mask.   It would be a strange and in-human thing to do and represents the strange things that happen in a decaying civilization.

However exciting it might seem, I would avoid it.  

The longer you sit in front of a talking orange mask with teeth, it starts to damage your view of your own humanity and the sense of your real self; that's my opinion.

Best you take as your teacher a human being, like the many saints and sages that have existed and still do exist in parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

No matter some of the good things he might say and do, in my opinion it is unwise to take as a teacher a man who wears an orange mask.   It would be a strange and in-human thing to do and represents the strange things that happen in a decaying civilization.

However exciting it might seem, I would avoid it.  

The longer you sit in front of a talking orange mask with teeth, it starts to damage your view of your own humanity and the sense of your real self; that's my opinion.

Best you take as your teacher a human being, like the many saints and sages that have existed and still do exist in parts.

Don't worry.  He has other colors also

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Forwards said:

Don't worry.  He has other colors also

And he actually does communicate with his students - one human to another, yes?

I wonder why people don't just communicate with him - instead of about him. Or just leave him be.. 

*edit to add, I'm not just referring to this thread, which has soo far been of a much more mild and sincere variety than some of what I've seen here in regard to SOTG.

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I wonder why people don't just communicate with him - instead of about him. Or just leave him be.. 

Oh yeah.  We talk on the forum, he posts update videos, help videos,  texts members depending on what's what, voice chats, etc.  

I'm biased of course, but I've never understood how worked up people get about it.  He's super chill. 

• Thanks 3

Some time back, he posted a single sentence at just the right time to help me disentangle and more clearly understand a mess I was involved with in everyday life.

Which is generally more than I can say for his detractors - running around attempting to discredit what they have no involvement in.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I think it is because on some level they realize he is very for real and this spooks them. 

I know he is for real and respect that.

18 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Some time back, he posted a single sentence at just the right time to help me disentangle and more clearly understand a mess I was involved with in everyday life.

Which is generally more than I can say for his detractors - running around attempting to discredit what they have no involvement in.

And some time back I saw a single video and in it he clarified many things I had suspected putting it into a framework that was unmistakably correct. I remember saying who is this guy? and wow he has his shit together.

Last I saw however he is not taking on any more people at his site unless I read it wrong. Otherwise I thought about contacting him but figured his plate is full so best not to bother someone who is too busy.

• Thanks 1

i recently messaged Loneman about his recent youtube videos, and that i thought he was a trustworthy guy who didn't do himself justice with the masks he wears :). to make it short, he basically said not to judge based off appearance. Has not changed my mind, because i can't get passed masks that look demonic. lol

I get the feeling, he came back with a good heart, and intentions, but is incredibly confused because he was probably really evil in his past life :D. i may have been too..

Anyways, @Forwards

Could you politely ask Loneman, if he could participate in this thread?

I think it would both bring value to us and to him. "I guarantee it"

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, welkin said:

i recently messaged Loneman about his recent youtube videos, and that i thought he was a trustworthy guy who didn't do himself justice with the masks he wears :). to make it short, he basically said not to judge based off appearance. Has not changed my mind, because i can't get passed masks that look demonic. lol

From what little I've garnered, he isn't much interested in changing anyone's mind. He found what works for him, and is willing to share it - at which point he gets to set the terms. 

BTW The one mask is a Venom one - not demonic, but symbiotic, and I found it somehow appropriate.. either his system is a good and natural fit for someone, or it won't work. (Look up Venom if you don't understand.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I can understand needing to hide one's face on YouTube. Especially if involved in heavy hitting spirit work. You might be vulnerable to witchcraft type attacks aimed at your visage, or any other category of stalker behavior. Of course if intention is pure, nothing to really fear. Some people just shy as hell and need aids to expression. I'd even consider it a form of humility. I agree the designs on Loneman's masks are distracting if not totally scared me off from watching at all for a while. When I viewed him now I most often scroll off or minimize it and just listen to the audio, aha. I wonder if even his accent is fake B). All said and done though, the mask type is less relevant, even kind of endearing if you're familiar with Lucha Libre tradition, or possibly a modern take on Noh.

Spoiler

My ideal mask to make a video is going to look like kinda this, hehe

ninnymask.jpg.e3c26cc0891560f30059b25dbb6df740.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

From what little I've garnered, he isn't much interested in changing anyone's mind. He found what works for him, and is willing to share it - at which point he gets to set the terms. 

BTW The one mask is a Venom one - not demonic, but symbiotic, and I found it somehow appropriate.. either his system is a good and natural fit for someone, or it won't work. (Look up Venom if you don't understand.)

Haha it's all fun,  i'm just joking. my intuition actually tells me to trust him, but my chicken brain says no. And i dont want that extra paranoia in my life :) to be honest, i think i am fairly similar to him. i agree with his viewpoints.

someone please bring him here, i want to know more about his other cyborg life

1 minute ago, Nintendao said:

I can understand needing to hide one's face on YouTube. Especially if involved in heavy hitting spirit work. You might be vulnerable to witchcraft type attacks aimed at your visage, or any other category of stalker behavior. Of course if intention is pure, nothing to really fear. Some people just shy as hell and need aids to expression. I'd even consider it a form of humility. I agree the designs on Loneman's masks are distracting if not totally scared me off from watching at all for a while. When I viewed him now I most often scroll off or minimize it and just listen to the audio, aha. I wonder if even his accent is fake B). All said and done though, the mask type is less relevant, even kind of endearing if you're familiar with Lucha Libre tradition, or possibly a modern take on Noh.

Reveal hidden contents

My ideal mask to make a video is going to look like kinda this, hehe

ninnymask.jpg.e3c26cc0891560f30059b25dbb6df740.jpg

Oh trust me, that's why i stay incognito, and i thought about wearing masks in order to spread information. I am scared of the very same things you mentioned. But idk there might be a better way :)

This guy is a legend though.

"this is SonoftheGawds, Lonemaanpaii dawt com". gotta love that intro

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, welkin said:

I get the feeling, he came back with a good heart, and intentions, but is incredibly confused because he was probably really evil in his past life :D. i may have been too..

Anyways, @Forwards

Could you politely ask Loneman, if he could participate in this thread?

I think it would both bring value to us and to him. "I guarantee it"

I'm not asking him to come here man.

We're all extremely busy trying to bring about the end of the world, ya know.  Virgins to slaughter, blood to drink, illuminatis to direct... you know how it goes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used to think about wearing a mask for videos, but the important part is to hide the eyes, so I keep eyes closed or mostly closed, or wear sun glasses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Forwards said:

I'm not asking him to come here man.

We're all extremely busy trying to bring about the end of the world, ya know.  Virgins to slaughter, blood to drink, illuminatis to direct... you know how it goes

Fair enough. Though i'm confused why he would be spooked about the other timeline, if that's his plan anyways.

Are you willing to relay questions to him to answer, and you can respond for him? If not, no worries.

1 hour ago, welkin said:

Fair enough. Though i'm confused why he would be spooked about the other timeline, if that's his plan anyways.

Are you willing to relay questions to him to answer, and you can respond for him? If not, no worries.

I dont really think anything spooks that dude lol

No, if you need to contact him you'll want to use the methods he has setup

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2019 at 6:55 PM, Nintendao said:

I can understand needing to hide one's face on YouTube. Especially if involved in heavy hitting spirit work. You might be vulnerable to witchcraft type attacks aimed at ...

I'm a teeny bit sorry for the thread drift, BUT

This is the Taoist viewpoint on being physically attacked, according to one of my teachers:

If someone threatens to attack a Taoist master he just smiles, it makes him very happy!  It's like a gift from heaven!  He hopes that the attacker is very powerful so he can test his skills.  He hopes that the attacker is very evil so that when he destroys him he will have helped to rid the world of some evil.

It would work the same way with spirit attacks, yes?   It's like:" bring it on sucka, my guardian eagerly anticipates your arrival".

Like, once I challenged Satan to scare me, in public, on a forum :rolleyes: :  "You can't scare me, neener, neener"  Scared the hell out of me ... and I learned about fear.  My guardian probably thought it was a good idea to get the hell scared out of me.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Forwards said:

I dont really think anything spooks that dude lol

No, if you need to contact him you'll want to use the methods he has setup

Okay, but your name is Forwards, so...

jk dude, honestly noticed that and had to say it.

No worries. Maybe i'll check his forum out at some point.

• Haha 1