silent thunder

How Bees See You. How you appear in ultraviolet.

I just got a uv torch to check out some of my mineral samples  ....   WOW  !

PS, I like women with freckles  :) 

< starts replacing the cabin light globes with UV ones   >

from 2:00

Edited by Nungali

Good way to check whether you applied your sunscreen properly.

Viewing a populated beach with this camera must be fun, especially outside of Africa. Even better: Make two shots, one with a regular camera, and then re-colorize it.

Doubting whether glass blocks UV light that much though, or maybe it was the specific wavelength of the camera. Corrective glasses except the cheapest ones probably have a UV filter.

Also wondering what the freckles actually mean. Just saying it is aging seems simplistic. And is it maybe temporary, like the invisible onset of a sun burn?

"How the sun sees you" seems a stupid video title. And as for your thread title: Do bees ONLY see in UV? And if so, what wavelengths? And again, which ones does the camera detect?

Edited by Owledge

1 hour ago, Owledge said:

"How the sun sees you" seems a stupid video title. And as for your thread title: Do bees ONLY see in UV? And if so, what wavelengths? And again, which ones does the camera detect?

I don't know.  I've always found it odd that science claims to know how other creatures perceive.  Perception is vastly intriguing to me.  How it varies over a lifetime, how it varies within a species and between them...

Humans see colors differently.  Dichromats are what we call color blind, they have the fewest types of rods and cones and perceive fewer colors than Trichromats who make up the majority of humans who see 'normal' color ranges, (whatever that means).  Tetrachromats having more varied rods and cones can detect subtle variances of shades of colors that Tri and Di Chromats do not perceive.

Though I can't imagine how they know, it yet seems plausible to me when scientists claim bees see in ultraviolet spectrum and that flowers are infused with colors we can't perceive, which aids in knowing which flowers possess the most potential food.  Also read that fish and underwater realms are rife with ultraviolet perceiving eyes and colors.  Fascinating stuff.  Useful?  no idea... not that it matters, it's part of the process.