Goldleaf

Sorry to be controversial, but I just read this and fear I may lose respect for women and I don't want to!

23 hours ago, Chang said:

Looks like you have taken the red pill and the veil has dropped from your eyes. The fact of the matter is that things are as they are, women are solipsistic and hypergamous and you must simply accept this fact and get on with your life.

You seem soo very self assured in your blanket statements. You don't say some women, or women in general. And I believe your use of solipsistic seriously misses the mark as it pertains to your ascribed box that you've placed women as a whole in - especially on a spiritual forum where the I am is set forth as an ideal by some. 

23 hours ago, Chang said:

It is also foolish for a man to ask a womans opinion on this matter, to observe the truth you should watch what women do rather than listen to what they say. Good luck.

Yes. It would make it harder to maintain the stereotypes.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 1:29 AM, Goldleaf said:

"Evolutionary psychologists agree that women are actually looking for two mates, not one; a provider, and a genetic resource. They will hook up with providers and then have steaming sex with alphas behind the betas’ backs.

This statement, from what I've observed, is just silly. 

It is an erroneous narrative. The people I've seen women hook up with were certainly not alphas (a phrase which would include the ability to provide btw).

Ever hear any jokes about the pool boy? 

On 5/5/2019 at 1:29 AM, Goldleaf said:

The best deal is of course an alpha who is also a provider, but those things kinda cancel each other out because an alpha stops being an alpha when he supplicates.

Nope the best deal is a partner who is similar/complimentary in regards to energy, spirituality, emotional, and intellectual aspects, - so that one does not feel there is "something missing" in a particular relationship. 

The whole dynamic of what was presented is skewed, although there are little kernels of information that would be accurate without the narrative wrapping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ilumairen said:
On 05/05/2019 at 4:33 PM, Chang said:

Looks like you have taken the red pill and the veil has dropped from your eyes. The fact of the matter is that things are as they are, women are solipsistic and hypergamous and you must simply accept this fact and get on with your life.

You seem soo very self assured in your blanket statements. You don't say some women, or women in general. And I believe your use of solipsistic seriously misses the mark as it pertains to your ascribed box that you've placed women as a whole in - especially on a spiritual forum where the I am is set forth as an ideal by some. 

It is also foolish for a man to ask a womans opinion on this matter, to observe the truth you should watch what women do rather than listen to what they say. Good luck.

Yes. It would make it harder to maintain the stereotypes.

As an observer of the human condition I have no doubts as to the correctness of my views. Things are as they are and we all have to live with this undeniable fact. You may disagree as much as you like due to your own bias but human nature does not give a damn.

9 minutes ago, Chang said:

As an observer of the human condition I have no doubts as to the correctness of my views.

I certainly got the part about having no doubts - couldn't really miss it, but thanks for taking the time to reassert yourself. 

: laughing:

Things are as they are and we all have to live with this undeniable fact.

Oh my stars, so this is what I sounded like when I'd make such obvious statements?

:blush:

Good to know.. thanks for the feedback.

You may disagree as much as you like due to your own bias but human nature does not give a damn.

:laughing: I am a bit biased against generalizations and weak arguments that rely on the same. 

I've seen you in action Chang; you can do better than this. Perhaps set forth reasoning for your solipsistic assertions as they pertain to all women? Or go slightly off topic and address solipsism as it relates to the I am?

On 5-5-2019 at 9:53 PM, ilumairen said:

:lol: 

I call "bullshit".

Ofcourse it is bullsht, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Remember, bullsht is also true. Bullsht actually exists.

Take the ingredients of life which you enjoy, and leave the rest out of your pie. Someone else might fall in love with the other ingredients. Not up to you to get rid of bullsht. Maybe the fertility of the soil loves bullsht. 

1 hour ago, Everything said:

Ofcourse it is bullsht, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Remember, bullsht is also true. Bullsht actually exists.

Take the ingredients of life which you enjoy, and leave the rest out of your pie. Someone else might fall in love with the other ingredients. Not up to you to get rid of bullsht. Maybe the fertility of the soil loves bullsht. 

You're very goofy everything, and no shit (see what I did there) the soil is more fertile due to shit - when it's allowed to be composted.  When we polish shit it might look pretty but it isn't as effective as fertilizer. :lol:

P.S. Perhaps you missed how the post I was responding to started with calling out bullshit, and how my post was a play on that in regards to an assertion made at the end of the bullshit calling out post?  Or maybe you just strongly agree with the rather odd assertion that horniness outweighs both hunger and defication? 

Posted (edited)

Things being what they are, the obvious validity of your point, shouldn't invalidate it. 😁

But generally people only accept new ideas when they agree with them. 

The Daoist writings were supposed to be self evidently true, easy to recognize, so naturally, they've been arguing over it for thousands of years.

The main beloved pamphlet, studied so assiduously, told folks to act natural, stop trying to be so smart, and not be setting ones self on wild goose chases.

But then after years of wrestling with it, you go and helpfully share this wisdom, annoying people left and right.

Edited by Stosh

I read on the internet that solid relationships have really good sex whatever that might be. Each time should be better than the last time.

If things get dull and boring people stop exploring each other and seek elsewhere for better or worse.Some relationships fold over the slightest bump in the road or mental clutter of the superficial things.  

To weather the storms together in a relationship we need a solid foundation based on really good sex that continues to grow.

Having a common goal that is beneficial for each other will allow us to even steer off course to a safe harbour until the storm or obstacle is over then get back to course as soon as possible. If you throw the hook or tie up to the dock for a while have some good sex while you wait.

Underway to this beautiful life that you both have created have some really good sex and don't forget to eat and wash the dishes it is possible to have sex while doing the dishes as well. The dishes might take more time than usual to finish.

Make sure everything is stowed away properly so nothing can let loose during the voyage, no loose strings or issues neglected this causes trouble so be very thorough a beautiful, fulfilled life depends on it. After all the hard work is done have some really good food together...I mean sex.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, Chang said:

women are solipsistic and hypergamous and you must..

I had to look up hypergamous (its better then a regular gamous).  But it reminds me of a Marilyn Monroe quote from a movie that went something like "Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?" 

As a guy I am attracted to pretty, but it's not the only reason I've been attracted to a woman.

Edited by thelerner

I believe those psychology works are written on purpose, to piss off / annoy people.

Each person has some sort of individuality and you need to look for those that have a bit more of a self cognition and a bit less of animal instincts, although thats not a rule of thumb.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2019 at 4:13 PM, ilumairen said:

You're very goofy everything, and no shit (see what I did there) the soil is more fertile due to shit - when it's allowed to be composted.  When we polish shit it might look pretty but it isn't as effective as fertilizer. :lol:

P.S. Perhaps you missed how the post I was responding to started with calling out bullshit, and how my post was a play on that in regards to an assertion made at the end of the bullshit calling out post?  Or maybe you just strongly agree with the rather odd assertion that horniness outweighs both hunger and defication? 

I'm just saying that it can be a reality, like everything else can. That specific truth however is the least assertive of them all.

You can literally go up to one of these individuals, tell them what to do, and they will do it exactly the way you tell them, to the best of their ability.

Edited by Everything

2 hours ago, Everything said:

I'm just saying that it can be a reality, like everything else can. That specific truth however is the least assertive of them all.

You can literally go up to one of these individuals, tell them what to do, and they will do it exactly the way you tell them, to the best of their ability.

I'm sorry everything, but I don't know what you are referring to as "it", or who these individuals are who would do whatever I told them to do in whatever manner I told them to do "it" - completely leaving out that I generally avoid straight out telling anyone to do anything, let alone ascribing the manner in which they should do this anything.

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

I'm sorry everything, but I don't know what you are referring to as "it", or who these individuals are who would do whatever I told them to do in whatever manner I told them to do "it" - completely leaving out that I generally avoid straight out telling anyone to do anything, let alone ascribing the manner in which they should do this anything.

I understand many things but not everything.  Good to know I´m not alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts,m good to know i'm not alone on these thoughts and nice to hear opposing viewpoints too.

Yup, I am scared of getting burned again, I have been in three meaningful relationships and actually never had the woman cheat on me (as far as I know lol) in any of them, nor get bored, but even so, this paragraph really put my head into a spin.   But anyway, no point worryign about things that can't change...just focus the good 1% of women that are hopefully out there...  Maybe I will use the Secret to find them lol.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:29 AM, Goldleaf said:

Another study showed that the truth is actually likely to never come out; they did paternity tests to thousands of couples and their children, and it was revealed that a staggering number of the children weren’t actually genetically related to their father at all. I wish I still had that paper somewhere…"

more-vintage-roastiedom-png.124678

Lol, but if you look at the loonnggg, cyclic game...sweet, virtuous, & nurturing Eve/Madonna/Mary Ann wasn't the only aspect of the whole female archetype...there was also Lilith/Ginger.  The Lilith persona has just been coming out of the closet and gaining a lot more steam lately...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Women are slippery what? 

Just fucking noise which is why I rarely visit here any more. 

There's absolutely nothing to be gained from this place and any wisdom or insights that members offer up are almost always pissed on, so?! 

To be honest the internet has turned into a shithole so perhaps PJW should make a video about it!  

Edited by Patrick Brown
  • Like 2

Humans are instinctually polyamorous. You may want to read Christopher Ryan's Sex at Dawn. BTW, in only a select few species are there actual alphas. For most mammals (including wolves) the alphas are just the parents of a brood, take from that what you will.

3 hours ago, GreytoWhite said:

Humans are instinctually polyamorous.

maybe or we're just bad monogamists :)

I assume marriage/pair bonding has always been a force in humans, but definitely not an absolute one. 

10 hours ago, GreytoWhite said:

Humans are instinctually polyamorous.

I think there's something to this idea, but just a little something. For instance, it's somewhat natural to check out other potential mates when in a relationship.

However, a big problem presents itself with polyamory: jealousy, and especially the rage experienced when cheated on. I'd bet most people experience these things.

• Like 1

You would think that in this Age that the intellectual community would realize that nothing is certain or absolute, and that all things are possible- to take each case individually instead of broad brush strokes of "This is True"

• Like 2