silent thunder

Universe Friendly or Hostile?

It seems a fundamental aspect of our consciousness, to perceive the universe as at its core, inherently friendly and cooperative, or hostile and predatory.  Some say it's our fundamental choice for how we relate to life.

Einstein was one of them.  "The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe." he's quoted as saying.

If you've spent time around infants and very young babies/pre-toddlers.  It seems to be deeper than choice to me.  There are babies in two basic camps, those that innately lean in and reach out to the new and strange and those who flinch, pull back and withdraw from the unfamiliar.  This seems to be the impetus to me for our deepest notions of the nature of the universe, or our place in the dance of maya.

Choice or not aside, it's intriguing to observe my self reactions to life in light of this question and gain a glimpse into some aspects of my deep-seeded behavior patterns and approaches to life.

Edited by silent thunder
alter wording in last sentence
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

It seems a fundamental aspect of our consciousness, to perceive the universe as at its core, inherently friendly and cooperative, or hostile and predatory.  Some say it's our fundamental choice for how we relate to life.

Einstein was one of them.  "The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe." he's quoted as saying.

If you've spent time around infants and very young babies/pre-toddlers.  It seems to be deeper than choice to me.  There are babies in two basic camps, those that innately lean in and reach out to the new and strange and those who flinch, pull back and withdraw from the unfamiliar.  This seems to be the impetus to me for our deepest notions of the nature of the universe, or our place in the dance of maya.

Choice or not aside, it's intriguing to observe my self reactions to life in light of this question and gain a glimpse into some aspects of my deep-seeded behavior patterns and approaches to life.

Actually babies inherently have their heart energy open but it's just that babies are quickly damaged by modern Westernized society. For example Western medical doctors teaching the "cry it out" method - I discussed this with a clinical psychologist who actually measured the cortisol levels of babies left to cry it out - and it causes permanent brain damage. But for a qigong person - then a baby is on the same frequency as the heart energy - so that there is a natural unconditional Qi love energy from the heart with a baby - via the pineal gland and eyes. So this will cause the baby to get a big smile just upon interacting with an adult who actually truly understands reality, as the baby also truly understands. The baby is desperately wanting to find an adult who understands this truth of the universe but in our Westernized world - this is rare to find in an adult. My sister used to call my name when her baby was crying as she knew that as soon as I held the baby then my niece would stop crying. And when my sister insisted on following the doctor's "Cry it out" method - then I just sat in full lotus underneath the room of the baby. And I just sent energy through the ceiling so that the baby would then feel the qi-love and stop crying - without any need for physical touch or eye contact.

So to state whether the Universe is inherently friendly or not is not quite correct. It is more accurate to consider the source of reality to be inherently Harmonious Healing action - and so "unconditional love" is not an emotion but rather an inherent healing energy. This is called "negentropy" by quantum biologists. I just did a blog post on this about the latest research on this. https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-chiral-asymmetric-quantum-potential.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think that’s an important distinction and pattern of behaviour that is deeply built in to the Acquired Mind at the deepest levels.

It often has to do with eating. Are you adventurous with food or not? The earliest imprints in babies are to do with this. 

Objectively speaking - the universe is indifferent :)

• Like 1

Humans are not born into the universe directly but into human society.
A little bad and a little good makes for fast learning, especially for the deaf; but can you even hear the universe over the ringtones?
Some children are abandoned and die in orphanages from lack of love; others are born into parents who wish to make something nice happen to save their relationship but are divorced the year later.   What do such children think of living or of mankind?
In richer families the babies are the centre of attention with parents buying the latest rainbow coloured plastic and waggling it in from of the child's face, finally they did something right.

Wind back 9 months and you see an argument, a bottle of wine and a fast screw, followed by some Netflix.
Hmm.

From time to time mankind kills millions of people, rapes women, tortures the men, celebrates its victory over the "bad people" and burns down every memory of its art technology or knowledge.

I, have made the same mistake 400 times.

Do I notice, do I care ?

Some people have a great life, loved by all; but you look into their eyes and is anyone there?
There have been spiritual teachers here, full of warnings of dire consequences.

Others have said everything is just roses.

If you are in a high vibration you enter a higher world, apparently.

Some want to exist, some to not-exist.

You've just about figured it out, but then new neighbours move in and they play the drums.

Well ... eh ... I haven't an opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it largely depends on our own nature, as the universe is part of us. My friend will tell you it’s out to get him at every turn! But I find it’s quite helpful. 

As above, so below. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I discovered some time back that I  am a xenophile.  I dont know how I got that. A lot of people around me,  as I grew up,   where xenophobes .  I feel supported and nurtured by nature .... well, that razor blade  thin strip of it that I live in -  between freezing cold deadly radiation, body exploding vacuum and the super condensed pressurized extremely hot molten interior .

So ' hostile to my existence '   universe  .... except for the crumbly, thin, piece of paper with a bit of air stuck to it that I am dancing around on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rideforever said:

Humans are not born into the universe directly but into human society.
A little bad and a little good makes for fast learning, especially for the deaf; but can you even hear the universe over the ringtones?
Some children are abandoned and die in orphanages from lack of love; others are born into parents who wish to make something nice happen to save their relationship but are divorced the year later.   What do such children think of living or of mankind?
In richer families the babies are the centre of attention with parents buying the latest rainbow coloured plastic and waggling it in from of the child's face, finally they did something right.

Wind back 9 months and you see an argument, a bottle of wine and a fast screw, followed by some Netflix.
Hmm.

From time to time mankind kills millions of people, rapes women, tortures the men, celebrates its victory over the "bad people" and burns down every memory of its art technology or knowledge.

I, have made the same mistake 400 times.

Do I notice, do I care ?

Some people have a great life, loved by all; but you look into their eyes and is anyone there?
There have been spiritual teachers here, full of warnings of dire consequences.

Others have said everything is just roses.

If you are in a high vibration you enter a higher world, apparently.

Some want to exist, some to not-exist.

You've just about figured it out, but then new neighbours move in and they play the drums.

Well ... eh ... I haven't an opinion.

Hahahaha awesome

I think we live in an indifferent universe.  Best not to turn your back on it.  But.. it has its moments, we should appreciate all the good things its provided. 

While we exist between heaven and earth, perhaps thankfulness, kindness and appreciation is our truest prayer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At times, the universe seems like a ruthless mother teaching her child how to be tough. The mother bites the child by the back of the neck, even drawing blood...to pull the child quickly out of danger. Or sends the child off alone into dangerous territory, among predators, while watching from a distance.

At other times, there is rest and peace, and the universe is a loving and nourishing mother.

Maybe tough love contains both.

I don't know the real answer. Sometimes life gets incredibly hard! To the point where I don't blame you if you say that the universe or God or whatever, is hostile...I understand you.

If the universe is truly indifferent, perhaps part of that has to do with cause and effect, and not pure randomness. So then it would go to show that if you're able to generate the right causes, life becomes easier. I'm not sure that's true, given how life can throw a curveball at any one of us, no matter how well off we are. But I'm certainly trying to defend against life's onslaughts.

2 hours ago, Aetherous said:

If the universe is truly indifferent, perhaps part of that has to do with cause and effect, and not pure randomness. So then it would go to show that if you're able to generate the right causes, life becomes easier. I'm not sure that's true, given how life can throw a curveball at any one of us, no matter how well off we are. But I'm certainly trying to defend against life's onslaughts.

Once this reeeeally old Taoist, who must have been way over 100, and who I deem to have been an immortal, told me:  The universe is kind to those who truly wish the best for others.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

From what I have experienced in deep Samadhi states the universe is not either but rather it exists and operates in a balanced lawful manner in accord with its unique nature and each Universe within the multiverse is unique and operates similarly. They are divided by vibration frequencies no two may blend. 

Universes exist as a place for everything in them to develop and evolve past the need for bubbles of gestation and maturation. I view universes as places set up for us to come to experience calling this life and die review our lifetimes and the wisdom's gained and the modification from them and the maturity gained from these lifetimes of experience wash rise and repeat until one is no longer a fit for said particular universe and graduates to yet another. 

It is kind of like this when I was 5,  I was a close fit for Kindergarten now nearing 50 it would not be a good fit for anyone were I to attend. :) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Once this reeeeally old Taoist, who must havew been way over 100, and who I deem to have been an immortal, told me:  The universe is kind to those who truly wish the best for others.

Or immensely cruel!

0024543353287_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

If one has In experiencing a body it seems assured that there will be discomfort, even pain.

This is not personal however, and does not mean there must be suffering.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

My old Zapchen coach, Laura Lund, used to say that the entire universe was conspiring to help me awaken.  Or at least that it would be helpful to me to consider this to be so. 

I believe the universe is entirely friendly, which is not to say that I´m living some sort of charmed life where nothing "bad" ever happens.  Quite the contrary.  Bad things aplenty happen to me, seemingly on a daily basis.  Here´s the thing though: seen from a big picture view, everything bad that happens is ultimately for my benefit.  I´m drowning in absolute perfection that my little egoistic self perceives as absolute crap. The trick to feeling harmonious is to step out of the woe-is-me mentality of the little self and enter into the sublime connectivity of the me that´s beyond the friendly/hostile dicotomy altogether.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

On 06/05/2019 at 6:56 AM, silent thunder said:

bubble dancing...

Dude !   Have you been watching  the youtubes I posted of myself ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

Or immensely cruel!

0024543353287_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Yes, I take your point .

What did WE ever do to deserve  THAT film !  

• Haha 3

speaking of interpretive dance.

I discovered something potent at work one day.

If you want people to stop asking incessant, inane questions of you... start answering in interpretive dance.

They stop coming around rather quickly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, King Jade said:

Do the enlightened help anyone or do they mind their own business?

If they live in contemplation ... no, they dont help anyone , but if they 'teach' - no, they dont mind their own business .

If they become an 'enlightened bricklayer', yes, they help people , if they become more enlightened, yes, they do mind their own business.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, King Jade said:

Do the enlightened help anyone or do they mind their own business?

Which enlightenment?

Do you see us as being all interconnected?

If “yes”, then I would think such beings presence would help in a way we may not be aware of. 

• Like 2

And then there are the many people who do not entertain extremely polarized, generalized beliefs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1