welkin

Does anyone know about talking to animals?

2 hours ago, Spotless said:

Humans tend to be loud and in want of something - our energy is often oppressive and bossy.

We are extremely well exercised in willfulness and me-ness.

And we approach communicating with Other as though they are lower - or Angels and Higher Beings.

Very few exercise neutrality - Very Few even comprehend the idea of neutrality.

Good to keep in mind when talking to humans too.  

Loud and in want of something.. bossy and oppressive.. We have to ask ourselves do we want to communicate or command?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spotless said:

Very few exercise neutrality

This is a very important statement, it is only by this I have not been bitten by Cotton Mouth Water Moccasins when accidentally picking them up while fishing or even stepping on them bare footed or when sitting in the woods with my back against a palmetto bush just feeling the sun and the sky being at one with the wilderness and scent of the earth wearing shorts and rattlesnakes crossed over my legs. 

• Like 3

I had the pleasure of meeting Dorthy Maclean - she is quite wonderful and has spoken to many types of beings

including the spokesperson for a group of animals and areas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Maclean

I have done this as well but by no means am I adept in it as she has really practiced this over many years.

She speaks to the overseers of cities and countries - it was very interesting talking to her about these things.

She has at least one book out on it and she may still travel but I’m not sure - it was over 20 years ago.

Specifically - devas, local spirits, ondines, fairies, trees etc. For most of us speaking with Beings in the broader sense is easy by comparison to those mentioned above - though animals are also fairly easy.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A key to neutrality is “center of head”.

it is difficult to be disentangled from inertia’s of one’s habituations if Awareness is forward in the head or just outside of the head.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This thread has taken life :)

Will be trying to communicate with the tees and other "non living things"

Stroking my ego here a bit. But anyone know any reason the squirrels would not want other people to be aware i am communicating with them? What is the danger if there is one?

So.. it looks like i'm able to gain the trust of several squirrels now. So much that one decided to say, "Hey. I'm hungry. Oh look this guy brought chipotle. And he looks innocent. I'll be safe.'

it hops on the table sitting right in front of me looking at my bag of Chipotle.

Of course i give in, so crumble some taco shells. It takes it off my fingers with its mouth. At some point i decide to place the crumbles on my hand and give it to the squirrel. To which he then BITES MY FINGER AND DOESN'T LET GO!

Thinking like hey it's all good, i realize this squirrel is either trying to suck my blood or he doesn't want to take it off my hand, but for me to give it to them.

Not sure which one it was but. "AHHHH" i said. Thank you for the lesson, and he left :)

And then i decide to give the crumbs to the other ones. The first squirrel decides to be greedy and chase everyone off. I told it, to calm down and don't do that. There's enough for everyone. Just shows greed exists more than in just humans.

At the end, i decide to test if i can actually communicate with the squirrel. It was sitting on the ground next to my table. I tell it to go on the table that it's okay. And it does. BUT... it might be that he just wanted more of what was in the chipotle bag.

Edit: Nevermind. i guess it's normal for squirrels to go on the table.

Edited by welkin
  • Haha 1

I applaud your calm and forgiveness, a squirrel biting my finger and not letting go would definitely freak me out.  My AHHHs would be bolded and several of them, then a trip to the emergency room to sew on a finger tip.

With animals, I don't bother them (cept for lunch & dinner) and they don't bother me. 

spoken in jest but humans have a pretty big karmic debt to animals.  its not unreasonable for them to view us negatively. 

• Like 1

@welkin Based on the OP mainly: You're comically deep in some self-pleasing phantasy world there. I say comically because you're even admitting it yourself without noticing.

For me the cringe already began at "use my instinct".

Also, talking to animals is the easiest thing in the world. Just don't expect to be understood, haha. While you apparently had an overwhelming want to be understood. Which ended up being satisfied very easily.

You are an example of what Adyashanti meant when he said 90% of what's called spirituality serves the dream state.

But there is of course potential for insight to be gained from any experience in life. Just keep observing your own motivations for your actions. Look inwards. Spirituality can be shockingly reminiscent of psychoanalysis sometimes.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Owledge said:

@welkin Based on the OP mainly: You're comically deep in some self-pleasing phantasy world there. I say comically because you're even admitting it yourself without noticing.

For me the cringe already began at "use my instinct".

Also, talking to animals is the easiest thing in the world. Just don't expect to be understood, haha. While you apparently had an overwhelming want to be understood. Which ended up being satisfied very easily.

You are an example of what Adyashanti meant when he said 90% of what's called spirituality serves the dream state.

But there is of course potential for insight to be gained from any experience in life. Just keep observing your own motivations for your actions. Look inwards. Spirituality can be shockingly reminiscent of psychoanalysis sometimes.

Haha no trust me. after seeing that video i am more than humbled :)

While I do agree with owl that the “real work” is examining stuff like our motivations, desires and all that inner stuff...

... I would also like to encourage you to have fun and play around, it’s okay to be interested in the mysteries of things. Childlike curiosity is a positive thing. 

• Like 1

so it looks like the animals can sense your energy levels in sync with the world aka them. Mine has clearly diminished in the sense that it's not as easy anymore. And i know why for my own personal life. But the bright side about this is that it can be a good indicator of maybe your presence energy, if you're on the right path, your happiness.

I had to let go of everything and remember my soul through observing nature. Only then i was able to reconnect with the squirrels.