Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

-

You said when you focus on yourself you feel good, there it is!  "Holding space" is just that, as we cannot help others if we are pulled into whatever with them.

I think many good intentioned people try to send out love to help people... nothing wrong with that.  But the art of receiving the negative is difficult or holding space is difficult for people to not get pulled in themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

On days when I take seriously all the angst conflict and disharmony in society, worry about it and think for solutions, I feel like ***.

From your writings, you seem to spend most of your time there.  Writing about your perception of angst and disharmony in society, the 'human apes' that surround you.    That's pretty much most of your posts.  You'll even write a post asking is there a problem with society then immediately follow up with videos and longer posts explaining what the problems are.  Then repeat something similar the next day.

If you're aware that it brings you down, you might want to take a break from constantly posting to enlightenment us with dark criticisms of all things societal.  Go out and smell the roses for a week or two.   Meet people who aren't screwed up and maybe you'll see we're aren't so bad.   

• Like 4

My subject matter was the observation that you acknowledge that.. wait you edited out what I quoted you saying.. ie "

42 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Rideforever: On days when I take seriously all the angst conflict and disharmony in society, worry about it and think for solutions, I feel like ***.

The observation was you feel like *** when you talk about the angst in society.  And that you do  it so much.  To engage you in a discussion is to create a platform for you to do something that makes you feel like ***.  And you already do it, pretty much every day, often several times a day.   You mean your criticism sincerely, but maybe  its not doing you much good.  Or maybe it does. 

<<ad

d as long as I'm all alone here.  I feel its an irony that the other person here was lauding what he considered was a Jewish ideal of 'criticize your neighbor' and seemed to bug out when he perceived I was criticizing him.  Maybe I was, but I was pointing out that if he thought pondering the negatives of society made him feel like shit, maybe he shouldn't do it as much. 

I'd think what he wrote and deleted about Criticizing your neighbor as as some sort of Jewish Golden Rule is wrong.  It is in the bible somewhere but tends to be more for prophets and teachers.  In the equivalent of our Golden rule from Hillel is more like 'That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. "

In human interaction the rules of loshon hara ie beware the evil tongue are probably more intact.  Which is pretty much watch try not to disparage others.  A hard thing to do, I'm probably not show casing it here very well.   

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this