Vaib

Working with middle dantien

Hi,

I have been meditating for 4 years now. Some energy based exercises and some resting in awareness stuff. 

Initially I started with breath meditation as mentioned by Ajahn Brahm and in time encountered my first nimmitta. The taste of luminous,  powerfull joy got me hooked in no time and I started sitting for extended periods. 

Then one fine day, existential fear filled me. I had sensed a deeper presence beyond all appearances - very solid yet knowing. Energy roared through me, lighting up inside and outside. The heart beat faster and it was an agony I won't easily forget. The top of the head opened up  and as I surrendered, a void beyond everything came in which I was lost. After returning, waves of bliss was felt and it was known that extensive purification of the body was needed.

So, I started reading about practices from different traditions and following Kriya, Kundalini based energy practices and resting in awareness. All was well and there has been much clarity, lightness and bliss.

Untill, the heart started purifying. This one is not a simple road. Initially, icy pain started to appear and it led to much coughing and getting cold. After that, waves of physical and emotional pain started getting released. With a life that is steady, still there was an energetic appearance in my awareness that there was no joy anywhere anymore. Everywhere only suffering. Each event in life I am tested from the heart perspective. But, then once in a while I experience powerfull joy bringing tears to the eyes. The ups and lots of downs of the heart.

I came here looking for techniques and lifestyle choices that can take me through purification of middle dantien. I have been reading here for a few months and have seen some good answers. Hope to learn more in the time to come.

Also, I was interested to see if I can find something in PPD section. Wonder if someone can tell if it is possible to unlock that?

Many thanks,:D

Vaib

• Like 1

Hello, Vaib, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Vaib,

Sounds like your diving deeper into the world of energy... fun times!  I am sure there's people here who will help you find techniques that will help.  In the meantime, you should be able to view the PPD's once I approve your membership. Enjoy!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thanks for the warm welcome Fa Xin,

On 5/1/2019 at 3:59 PM, Fa Xin said:

Sounds like your diving deeper into the world of energy

Very interesting that you have mentioned this. Yes, previously all knowledge were in the realm of the mind. But now, I seem to have this field around me in which perceiving of energy happens. Even thoughts can be felt in terms of energy. It's very new to me. I believe with further purification, it will refine and expand.

Looking forward to the fun times :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vaib said:

Thanks for the warm welcome Fa Xin,

Very interesting that you have mentioned this. Yes, previously all knowledge were in the realm of the mind. But now, I seem to have this field around me in which perceiving of energy happens. Even thoughts can be felt in terms of energy. It's very new to me. I believe with further purification, it will refine and expand.

Looking forward to the fun times :D

Great to hear :) Yes many traditions view all things as a dance of energy, even thoughts.  It is quite a new way to look at things when it first happens, it is a fun exploration. 

As you seem able to already purify the heart using what you are doing, perhaps some emotional and health stability would be useful.  You can do this using Zhan Zhuang at three centres, the dantien, the solar plexus,  the heart.   Using the embrace the microcosm (standard) posture, but moving hands up and down.

Prior to that in order to warm up a little you can do an expand compress movement at that centre along with the inhale / exhale, for a few minutes, to "pump" the energy in there a little bit.

In order to also move your awareness-identity into that centre you can say the following :
inhale : I
exhale : Am 
inhale : Here
exhale : -
This is to trigger the dropping of your "I" into that centre.
So, after you have fanned the centre using these words, you can just stand ZZ with the hands at that level.   Perhaps 3 minutes fanning and 5 minutes standing, to begin.
Begin at the dantien at the belly, later move to the solar plexus, and at the end the heart.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

I find Ajahn Brahms dharma talks informative and uplifting, funny too.  You're using his techniques and they've taken you far.  Don't ignore his talks and other wisdom.  To me listening and learning is an important leg on the wisdom stool.  Don't sit without it. 

As you go higher on the energy scale, equanimity and wisdom should keep up.  I like making MP3's of my favorite teachers, listening to them on my phone, or when driving.. whenever.  Here's a link www.diydharma.org/search/node/ajahn Brahm?page=2

I also enjoy the Zen inspired down to earth dharma talks at Infinitesmile.org , its also a podcast

Speaking podcasts Zencast has an amazing library of talks, even series of lessons on Buddist stuff and cultivation.

Zencast works nicely with the Amazon Alexa units($35 for the old mini ones), ie just say Alexa play the Zencast podcast.  Often Infinitesmile works too, but seems down at the moment.  But its great to wake up and tell your smart speaker to play a new episode. 

addon>  heart stuff..  Watch children play.. go to a playground.  See what you can pick up from them.  Find some uplifting music too.  The musical Hair has some good stuff.  Godspell too. 

Edited by thelerner