Hattaway

Amature needs help! Dan tien tips?

Any good tips for awakening the lower Dan tien I've only managed to feel my Dan tien properly once it felt like a perfectly warm ball sinking slowly into to my stomach (say if my stomach was a block of butter the Dan tien would be a warm ball bearing slowly melting its way deeper into the block) . That's Probly an odd description haha buuut anyway.. Lately when I try to feel my Dan tien all I get is a major amount of heat that seems to mostly gather on the surface of my stomach I was wondering Is this heat still beneficial?  And if I continue to practice and play with this heat will I eventually feel my Dan tien?. If anyone has any tips or has found them self stuck in a similar situation it'd be great to hear your input :)

Thanks

To be fair im not really practicing any actual form I'm more so using my own intuition and grabbing useful information where I can. I usually start by holding my hand an inch or two above my dantien and focus on creating warm magnetic energy between my stomach and hand there's a certain spot on my palm just below my pinky and also in the center of my palm that seems to conect to the area of my dantien like an invisible chord I'm assuming these are small chakras/energy points? I had previously learnt my palms could connect to each other if I faced them together. sometimes I make the invisible chord between them slowly spin like a skipping rope annnyway After focusing on this connection my belly will start to get very hot also sometimes warm. the warm heat feels very blissful lately most of the hot heat subsides and il be left with the warm heat which is good because I usually have a more intense session with the warm heat. Also Lately I've noticed my stomach will stay hot hours after practicing

I'm kinda improvising with breathing techniques to help me focus and intensify the warmth or heavy Ness of the dantien/dantien area

Last night focusing on my dantien i felt a hard ball that moved round my lower stomach the sensation felt a bit awkward but I continued focusing on it until it settled back to my Dan tian area where it stayed put and turned to a very relaxing warmth that seemed to have a bit of movement to it

Im pretty convinced I'm starting to feel my Dan tian now but it'd be great to feel it every session also I haven't felt any major physical benefits as of yet. I'm hungry for more techniques to try if any one has any also if you have any books you'd recommend. I'm reading the master key by Robert peng atm which has some proper techniques which il start once I'm done reading it 🙂

BTW sorry I hope this write up is easy enough to understand my brain has turned to mush trying to type on my phone 😅

No expert, one thing that helped me feel my dan tien and get more warmth there is from Stillness Movement Gi Gong.  Simply putting my hands on my dan tien during seated meditation helped my focus there.

Lately I'm working with Wang Li Ping's book and one the concepts is we should be meditating 1 to 4 hours in the morning while the mind is fresh.  Thus, I'm trying to up my meditation time. 

• Like 2

Thanks so much for your imput! Il have to check out stillness movement gi gong and li pings book. what does your Dan tien feel like to you personally? 

I'm not too advanced.  The changes over the years, are more heat, and when I rub my hands together after meditating, they get very hot too.  I'll use them to rub my face and lightly press against my eyes a bit after meditation. 

There's also a feeling of it being more root-like.. These days my practice is based on being downward focus and the lower dan tien feels like it goes down deeper.  Like its roots.. or maybe I'm more sensitive to the lower musculature.   The 'deeper' seems to be connected a bit more to sexual energy, so that's coming a little more into play automatically with the lower dan tien work. 

• Like 1

Doing practices with the belly creates new energy structures there, and you can feel them.  It can have certain benefits.

But that is different to feeling the natural dantien that is already there and part of your natural being.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 12:10 AM, Hattaway said:

Thanks so much for your imput! Il have to check out stillness movement gi gong and li pings book. what does your Dan tien feel like to you personally? 

I would really recommend that you check out one lineage at a time and pursue that, as the information you get per lineage is different with different focuses. Mixing and matching early will impede your development. Pick one and practice for a period of time (1 month, 1 year) and check out if it is for you.

I would also recommend that you get clear on your intent for practicing. Do you want vitality? To help heal others? Different lineages have different focus and you should choose which one to practice based on that.

Once you reach a certain level, you will know what is happening energetically and will know what lineages are compatible or not.

Stillness movement is an extremely excellent lineage, So is the Dragon Gate sect under Master Wang Li Ping. Both are very accomplished and will lead you to progress quickly.

There is a lot of fluff out there, but any good lineage will lead you to developing your dantien quickly (1-3 months... ish).

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1