silent thunder

Whose thoughts do I think? Whose food do I eat?

Do you think your own thoughts?

Or those offered by others?

Between any two thoughts there is a magical place.  A pregnant pause.

The next thought could be any thought.  There is no limit here.  Predispositions perhaps, but no limit.

The next thought could be any thought... even none.

Awareness returns to this lately, so I chew it and share it here in case it intrigues.

These are open questions, requiring and perhaps having no firm answers.

How many of your thoughts arise from within?

How many arrive from without?

From where do thoughts come?

Does it matter?

How many of them are repeats?

Do you choose what you eat?

Do you know from where you eat comes?

How much of your food do you grow?

And how much is brought to you by others?

Awareness returning repeatedly to the parallels between what I eat to maintain health and vitality and what I allow my mind to eat and its effect on my inner world and experience of reality.

If what I experience is my effective reality.  Then thoughts are a major portion of this reality.  Buddha speaks to it.

What will I allow my mind to ruminate on... what will I feed it? 

Where will I go for and what will I do with, the thoughts that arise today?

• Like 2

Most people's thoughts have been shaped by the Educations systems.

Most people's food derives from a synthetic industrial Feed System.

This is just an extension of the domestication of human beings begun in the Holocene via Animal Husbandry and Agriculture.

So, essentially, you are asking this question of artificially grown synthetic human beings.

The Temple of God is the Temple built by God, not the bastardized artificial one.

Not the one filled with Unbelievable Bullshit.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Awareness returning repeatedly to the parallels between what I eat to maintain health and vitality and what I allow my mind to eat and its effect on my inner world and experience of reality.

.. and ones actions .   Certain life choices relating to behaviour (actions )  create certain states of mind .

Thats why I like this stuff;

Zoroastrian Way, Purpose and Goal of Life

Way of Life

Amesha Spentas

Eternal Enlightenment - Ageless Wisdom

• The way of life suggested by Zoroastrianism is based on achieving six ideals:
  ‥ a good mind: a positive attitude and gaining wisdom
  ‥ principled living: honesty, honest work, helpfulness, moderation and balance
  ‥ independence: self-reliance and leadership
  ‥ serenity and happiness
  ‥ wholeness: healthy and holistic living
  ‥ an undying spirit.
• Included in the ideal of independence is autonomy: not being beholden to anyone, not being a slave to any dogma, and having the sovereignty to make free and independent decisions - all within the self-elected bounds of ethical values, goodness, and not causing harm to others. The ideal of self-reliance is balanced with helping the less fortunate maintain their independence and dignity.
• This way of life gives effect and meaning to the creed: to commit to a life based on good thoughts, good words and good deeds.

Zarathushtra: "With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. Consider the most enlightened thoughts. Then choose your path, person by person, each for oneself."

-------------

Liber Librae ;

"  To obtain Magical Power, learn to control thought; admit only those ideas that are in harmony with the end desired, and not every stray and contradictory Idea that presents itself.

" Fixed thought is a means to an end. Therefore pay attention to the power of silent thought and meditation. The material act is but the outward expression of thy thought, and therefore hath it been said that “the thought of foolishness is sin.” Thought is the commencement of action, and if a chance thought can produce much effect, what cannot fixed thought do? "

The origin of our thoughts  ?     Thats a dissertation !

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

- strange  I just went to edit and I couldnt and a big box came up 'too much time has elapsed this post cannot be edited '  ?  I have never seen that here , I have on other sites, you have a time limit , but not here , I can edit posts months back . This one expired after a few minutes .   So I went elsewhere, came back and  tried to edit it again ...  and edited  it as usual .

:unsure:

.. and just then , before I could hit post for this, I got a notification and as it came up this post disappeared  and went back to the last post ... so I went elsewhere again and when I came back, so did this . 

< tentatively and carefully presses post button >

(now the edit works like it used to  ... )

Edited by Nungali

6 minutes ago, Nungali said:

The origin of our thoughts  ?     Thats a dissertation !

Hells ya.  I'm down. 

And just like that, reading those two sentences reminded me of a book a buddy recommended years ago on this very thing.  Funny, I almost deleted the post before submitting, really glad I didn't.  Had I not read your response, who knows when that book would resurface.  Ordering it now before I forget... again.

Julian Jayne's: The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thoughts are intriguing. 

I experience them, yet they have no substance and no tangible reality.

Yet they seem to exhibit great impact on my experience of reality.

They occupy a bit of time.  They begin endure a bit and then come to an end.

Yet they occupy no place in space.  They are never a 'thing'.

While portions of the brain are active during various types of thinking there is no where we can look in the brain while someone is thinking of an apple and see an image of an apple.

Curiously, live imaging of the brain has shown that whether I am seeing an apple with my eyes, or conjuring the idea of one in my mind, the same portions of the brain light up in each instance, lending credence to the modern notion that we 'hallucinate our reality'.

Transduction of signals from outside to inside the brain aside.  This seems very key to me... madly important, yet I can't put words to why.

That aside.  What is a thought?  Seems there are levels.

Thoughts have no shape or substance and yet give rise to the manifest everyday.  The Wright Brothers thought long about airplanes and then built them. 

To me, a physical sensation is also a thought.  Awareness of my feet on the floor is a thought... the body and its processes are all thought, or perhaps thought inducing. 

I've always appreciated the Greek language for its distinction of nouns.  There is one word for an apple I'm holding in my hand and offering to you to eat.  There is a separate word that is used for apple when we are speaking of conceptual apples and not specific physical apples.

Well enough spit-balling.   Sometimes when I am mulling something over a lot, I'll write about it, or talk about it, even when no one is around, as we use different portions of brain and mind when talking/writing, than when just 'thinking'.  Sometimes I sense that may bring in a new avenue of perception and perspective shift that may bring insight.

No insight, but a thought just crept in... my coffee cup needs refilling.

cheers thinkers!

Upon thinking review, I guess it's disingenuous to say thoughts are totally intangible, when they seem to be comprised or associated with energy, at least as it applies to brain.

They directly and sometimes deeply impact physiology.

Though I don't and so far can't accept that thought is generated by the physical brain.

Brain seems a focusing agent, a tool so to speak, not unlike a radio or television for tuning in frequencies.

Thought seems to arise from awareness, as does the physical to me.  Not vice versa.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, silent thunder said:

I tend to see thoughts as a normal process of the mind based on inputs ... mostly sensory. The mind is a discriminating process ... constantly comparing, contrasting and attempting to relate to other experiences ... building reality.

You see or hear or feel something and the mind confirms for you that what you just saw, heard, felt is consistent with other experiences and so is true/real ... and you believe it because it is your reality. Or, it stores the information away for comparison to future inputs ... and if, over time, the information doesn't get matched up ... well, it's recorded over.

It can be self-directed. You can lie in bed in the quiet dark and run the list of the days experiences and choose some to "think" about.

Or ... you can ... but it takes a little practice ... choose to let the discriminating process idle down ... and let other ... internal ... sources of experience ... awareness ... be experienced and stored away for future comparison. And when you see it again, you will recognize it and it will be true and part of your reality.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Upon thinking review, I guess it's disingenuous to say thoughts are totally intangible, when they seem to be comprised or associated with energy, at least as it applies to brain.

Though I don't and so far can't accept that thought is generated by the physical brain.

Brain seems a focusing agent, a tool so to speak, not unlike a radio or television for tuning in frequencies.

Thought seems to arise from awareness, as does the physical to me.  Not vice versa.

Great post! Thoughts are not intangible, I see the brain as a relay, part of the One that is Body, Mind, Spirit. Thanks for your radio and television analogy.

• Like 2

Yes you can feel the difference when you are receiving the spin off of mankind's thought, or receiving directly from the Source of All Creation, new, leading edge, inspired thought, unlike any of which has ever been before. From the furthest most expanded state of all that you have truely become in your ever being and ever becoming that is who it is and all that it is that you truely are. You would simply be feeling bliss. And it doesn't matter your ability to translate that into words or whatever. 

And so if in any moment you're not feeling bliss. Some meditation is recommmended. Because there literally is no point in your life, except that joy for which you are existing, in this eternal journey that is of life, consciousness and existance. So settling for anything less literally accomplishes the lesser state of being of "something." which is in contrary to your very own nature, thus very fleeting and meaningless. 

As it doesn't hold up court in light of your greater totality of being and consciousness, so to speak. 

So when one awakens, they think, oh great, "now I can finally do this! ... But, I've also come to the realisation of things even far far greater than that which I thought had been my greatest desire all along. Because I was not receiving the thought of who I truely am. But of what is manifested here as a result of old thought."

And with meditation, you tune out and tune in. To your own awakened state of being. A perfect blend of physical and non-physical. Working as a coherent whole and in harmony with one another. In perfect bliss and evermore. 

• Thanks 1

My wife bitterly complains, and is on the edge of being scared... that I can read her mind.   We exist within a shared space and it only makes sense that we can share thoughts, however odd or nutty that sounds. 

I think that most [here] would agree that remote healing or sensing is possible... so why not remote thoughts ?

If we quiet our 'thinking' enough, there is a beacon of light that talks to us.

As for food, I eat whatever my wife makes.   Peace is important :)

But I did read that blood type book on diets and found it very exact as to my tastes ;)

• Like 1

My girlfriend and I played the game “Mindball” at the Denver Science Museum once. This game has you put on a headset and try to “quiet your mind”. Whoever has the lower brainwave readouts will push a rubber ball towards your opponents side.  Fun stuff. I had finally found a game that I can actually win!

Sometimes I wish my brain had MORE thoughts ...

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, silent thunder said:

From where do thoughts come?

Does it matter?

Some thoughts from a different perspective 

3 hours ago, dawei said:

My wife bitterly complains, and is on the edge of being scared... that I can read her mind.   We exist within a shared space and it only makes sense that we can share thoughts, however odd or nutty that sounds. 

I think that most [here] would agree that remote healing or sensing is possible... so why not remote thoughts ?

If we quiet our 'thinking' enough, there is a beacon of light that talks to us.

As for food, I eat whatever my wife makes.   Peace is important :)

But I did read that blood type book on diets and found it very exact as to my tastes ;)

Why scared? 

I guess because the thoughts you used to think, which gave you a unique seperate individual identity, was actually not in alignment with your true identity, which had not been allowed to be fully realised by you you, so you fear losing the old in order to make way for the new in fear of there being no new, so it feels like losing the old is a surefire way to enter deeper into the old, and lessening of your own being in discord with its own greater ever becoming. 

But then you realise, your unique identity expands as the result of accepting the infinite variety and appreciating that which you are not. Further more so, telempathy is not the end of your being. It is actually the minimum requirement in order to be even acknowledged of self as a whole total being, physical and non-physical. So basically, you are going from 50% you to 100% you, then you suddenly realise you always had the ability to communicate non-physically, and you are just beginning to allow yourself to realise who you are as the total being of who you are. Not ending. Beginning. Literally, you have always been expanding. But, your first ever allowing yourself to deliberately and consciously partake in your own expansion. Sometimes it leaves one guarded. Fearing they'd lose that lucidity and consciousness again. But nothing is further from probable and possible or logical. 

I always find it funny that people are afraid, when their fear basically is telling them that whatever they're thinking is lesser state of a truth. Let alone all truth. So why even bother with that idea, right? Surefire way to say, I think I am finally consciously recognizing my love for you. 

On 27/04/2019 at 1:52 AM, silent thunder said:

Either way , if created , or 'received  and focused '   -   here are some visuals of  a brain thinking  .

How they gonna do that ?

A group in Japan has genetically modified this fish to express fluorescent molecules only in its optic tectum, the visual integration center of the fish brain. When neurons in the tectum fire off signals by rapidly changing their voltage, the fluorescent molecules shoot off photons that can be imaged .

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Everything said:

Why scared? 

I guess because the thoughts you used to think, which gave you a unique seperate individual identity, was actually not in alignment with your true identity, which had not been allowed to be fully realised by you you, so you fear losing the old in order to make way for the new in fear of there being no new, so it feels like losing the old is a surefire way to enter deeper into the old, and lessening of your own being in discord with its own greater ever becoming. 

But then you realise, your unique identity expands as the result of accepting the infinite variety and appreciating that which you are not. Further more so, telempathy is not the end of your being. It is actually the minimum requirement in order to be even acknowledged of self as a whole total being, physical and non-physical. So basically, you are going from 50% you to 100% you, then you suddenly realise you always had the ability to communicate non-physically, and you are just beginning to allow yourself to realise who you are as the total being of who you are. Not ending. Beginning. Literally, you have always been expanding. But, your first ever allowing yourself to deliberately and consciously partake in your own expansion. Sometimes it leaves one guarded. Fearing they'd lose that lucidity and consciousness again. But nothing is further from probable and possible or logical. 

I always find it funny that people are afraid, when their fear basically is telling them that whatever they're thinking is lesser state of a truth. Let alone all truth. So why even bother with that idea, right? Surefire way to say, I think I am finally consciously recognizing my love for you. 

It scares her.  I like the mind reading myself.  

Agree on expanding aspect.  And some do find it fearful.

Whether it's hearing the ethers, or just deep familiarity...

After 30 years together... even the inner hearing goes it seems.

Me:  What hon?  I didn't hear you.

Her:  I didn't say anything.

Me: ... did you think something real loud?

On the tangibility of thoughts... was sharing with my son on the way to school.

Hey, isn't it interesting that at one point, this truck was just an idea. 

A thought passing through mind.

Now we sit inside and drive to school listening to music in what was once, just a thought.

• Like 2

There are several kinds of thoughts.

If you daydream, who's thoughts do you think ?  Well they come and go like tuning in to the TV.   From a collective thought jumble.

A second type of thought is very different.   If you have a particular issue, like you need to bake a cake and you have a recipe.   Then you think actively and are present as you think, you calculate 200g of cacao powder, 3 beaten eggs and so on.   The effort to do so activates a personal centre of intelligence which then thinks to solve problems.   Through such efforts the consciousness of the entire universe becomes individualised into an awakened being.   Over time this centre of intelligence becomes even more intelligent and present.

A body can therefore be used to individualise the universal consciousness, into a permanent individualised centre, or a soul.

When you think actively you can try to capture the location from where it happens.   It does not for instance happen in the feet.

So there are a number of ways for us to engage with this reality.

First in an unconscious way, our thoughts are just part of the collective thought jumble, this corresponds to persons who are unconscious.   This universal spirit has been poured into a body.

Secondly we make efforts here and there to actively do things in this world.   We make plans, like making a cake, and we attempt to complete them.  Over time our intelligence and abilities increase, and our individuality becomes more and more ourselves.
Thirdly we use this growing intelligence and adeptness to point towards the source of our identity and awaken, at this point the portion of the universe spirit that is within this body becomes self-recognizing, like a singularity.

Edited by rideforever

On 4/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, silent thunder said:

my coffee cup needs refilling.

cheers thinkers!

imo there's a difference between thinking and putting thought into a given thing vs thought-form-energy arising enough to prompt some random thought.

The random thought form energy arising, is because of energy remainder in the whole equation there somewhere.  Tis why breathwork is the prerequisite, control the input signal of the olfactory nerve and then it helps the other cranial nerves attenuate.  Once those accomplishments are made, then one can experience superlatively long moments at very high efficiency and the niwan wont bulge soda bubbles and pop off randomly from the energy not resolving fully there.  (That forms the basis for the above baseline energy that forms, too.  Gung drives breath duration and vice versa.)

When those states are possible on a daily basis, it leaves a certain sweet coherence that allows for longer duration, more intense thought upon that given subject.  Much less of the advanced-monkey-character's programming :lol:

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Whether it's hearing the ethers, or just deep familiarity...

After 30 years together... even the inner hearing goes it seems.

Me:  What hon?  I didn't hear you.

Her:  I didn't say anything.

Me: ... did you think something real loud?

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

There are several kinds of thoughts.

If you daydream, who's thoughts do you think ?  Well they come and go like tuning in to the TV.   From a collective thought jumble.

A second type of thought is very different.   If you have a particular issue, like you need to bake a cake and you have a recipe.   Then you think actively and are present as you think, you calculate 200g of cacao powder, 3 beaten eggs and so on.   The effort to do so activates a personal centre of intelligence which then thinks to solve problems.   Through such efforts the consciousness of the entire universe becomes individualised into an awakened being.   Over time this centre of intelligence becomes even more intelligent and present.

A body can therefore be used to individualise the universal consciousness, into a permanent individualised centre, or a soul.

When you think actively you can try to capture the location from where it happens.   It does not for instance happen in the feet.

So there are a number of ways for us to engage with this reality.

First in an unconscious way, our thoughts are just part of the collective thought jumble, this corresponds to persons who are unconscious.   This universal spirit has been poured into a body.

Secondly we make efforts here and there to actively do things in this world.   We make plans, like making a cake, and we attempt to complete them.  Over time our intelligence and abilities increase, and our individuality becomes more and more ourselves.
Thirdly we use this growing intelligence and adeptness to point towards the source of our identity and awaken, at this point the portion of the universe spirit that is within this body becomes self-recognizing, like a singularity.

Between the range of  'day dreaming'  and unfocused, distracted, illogical 'jumping around  thought  ( which is apparently necessary - at the appropriate time ! *) and focused concentrated and directed thought , most of our 'consciousness ' lies  somewhere between the two.

But IMO many people have totally unfocused thought ... or mine is unusually focused .  I notice it in conversation where they topic wanders and people cant even remember  what it was originally about . Some have a 2 minute concentration limit .  Some drift off mid sentence , usually when listening, but sometimes when it is THEM saying the sentence.  Some , all of a sudden  and out of conversational context, vocalise a though in their mind. Sometimes I have to remind people  " I dont think the first part of that thought was vocalised , I cant read minds . "

It intrigued and surprised me so much I thought  I would test it ... in various ways . Yup, most peeps aint got the brain in gear properly.

Here is two classic examples   I am talking about something we are jointly working on,  we are actively talking to and fro.  He is expressing an opinion about how something should be done but I say something that he isnt really interested in , that is ,  my opinion and as I watch the eyes change, and start to move around, he looks at things around him ... so I ; "  No, I dont want to do a huge excavation  and a concrete slab, I just want four concrete pads and a suspended floor,  that way  ....   when the 1/2 kilo of cocaine arrives . .....  "      Instant attention !  - oh well ... he IS a  'Euro party dude ' .

Another version is ; "    No, I dont want to do a huge excavation  ( the other ; " MMM Hmmm "  )  and a concrete slab, I just want four concrete pads and a suspended floor,  ( " Mmmm Hmmm ,  yep " )  that way   ... when the UFO lands, the aliens will be able to come straight in the back door  ( Mmmm Hmmm )   and then I can stand the walls up ... can you help with that ?   ... MMM Hmmm .

A have a female friend that is RIGHT OUT THERE , one of the most unfocused thinkers I have ever encountered. Her thoughts seem to fan out and  evaporate like an alluvial fan in a desert .  It impacts her in ways she doesnt realise (or will/can not admit) ; doesnt finish projects, courses, everything around her half unfinished and a lot of chaos .  Ever ytime she comes up with a new direction, project, job ,  course, area of study interest ... it just fades off after the initial impetus  ... and that could come from anywhere  , she is also SOOO easily influenced.

I guess most people just have never done any mind training ?  I also suppose they get confused about that as most of them seem to think mind is boss and is running the show , mind is 'them'  ... so if that is the case , what , who or what function would they think  would be training the mind ?  That would probably be confusing, or challenging .

(Actually many people do not even like to talk about these things .  I went with a friend and stayed at her brothers house ... WOW! They had the TV and  music playing in the front room, the radio on the kitchen and having band practice out the back !  The incessant noise had been going for 2 days, and when the band practice started, I thought, well they cant be listening now, so I turned it all off. Practice finishes and the couple that live there come out the band room and  ' What happened ? ! "

And went around and turned it all back on again !  That night me and friend suggested we turn it all off and talk to each other , talk about getting a weird look !  My friend became insistant with her brother and his GF, They agreed to turn  all the sound off but had to leave the TV on with no sound ... they could not deal with that being off. So we had a conversation with the soundless tv on .  The conversation, at times , nearly waded out of the kiddy end of the pool towards some sort of meaningful subject. Later they said it was  a 'freaky night '. Next night tv was  and all the sound on again .  So we left the next morning .

I dont get it .  Some peeps seem 'hollow' , he ( the brother ) was a really nice guy, I have met hi a few times ,  but ... something missing , actually,  he recently committed suicide .

I feel very blessed that I find life so absolutely interesting wonderful and intriguing ... and   that I feel pretty good and happy about it all ( regardless of the physical pain ) .

Once again -  The Book of the Balance :

16. To obtain Magical Power, learn to control thought; admit only those ideas that are in harmony with the end desired, and not every stray and contradictory Idea that presents itself.

17. Fixed thought is a means to an end. Therefore pay attention to the power of silent thought and meditation. The material act is but the outward expression of thy thought, and therefore hath it been said that “the thought of foolishness is sin.” Thought is the commencement of action, and if a chance thought can produce much effect, what cannot fixed thought do?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/supersurvivors/201712/why-daydreaming-is-good-us

14 hours ago, dawei said:

It scares her.  I like the mind reading myself.  

Agree on expanding aspect.  And some do find it fearful.

That fear is great, it means their heart is guiding them, telling them, they have come across a perspective that their Source of being does not agree with.

So you are not actually reading mind, you are just thinking the same thought at the same time. And it is because you are an energy match to eachother. This is often happening to two people who are very much in love with eachother. That is also indicating the energy alignment.

Then once you understand that this good feeling emotion is the primary manifestation of indicating energy alignment, you kind of get the sense, this topic is much broader than just two people thinking the same thought at the same time. It is the foundational law upon which the entire universe is based. Where similar energies are naturally drawn to one another. It's simply a beautiful indication of the natural harmony that is of physical and non-physical existance aswell.

Then if one has the tendency to judge this experience, therefor not allowing themselves the benefit of realising their ever expanding worthiness, it is helpful to feel fear in order to distract themselves from that resistant thought pattern that does not allow themselves the benefit of this greater more fuller allowed realisation of all true nature, including themselves, not? Yes, indeed. All is well.

Edited by Everything