Sign in to follow this  
vidiami

Celibacy

Ok, we've probably been over this subject a few times, but ...

If a guy wants to go celibate more or less permanently - how should he go about in terms of:

1. transforming sexual energy?
  2. dealing with sexual thoughts?
  3. other considerations?

Have any of you actually done this? What are the aids and the pitfalls? Essential techniques to learn/master?

Also, do you think it's true that it can be harmful to go celebate without actively working on transforming sexual energy? I.e, you might get prostate cancer without the proper transformation.

Anyting else?

It seems to me that sexual energy is naturally transformed if you just practice and don't have anything to do with sex. The problem is environment! When I first really got into Chi Kung my circumstances were such that I could go for weeks without anything resembling social contact. When I did go into town to shop around or whatever just the sight of a woman between 15 and 50 could make my Chi jump meridians into the more familiar me-so-horny 'configuration'. I had to be focused not to let that happen. When I went to University it was impossible! I gave up.

If you're thinking of going celibate permanently unless its a decision you can make so completely that you can be around whomever you might desire without getting too hot and bothered you'll have to contend with a lot of inner turmoil. If that isn't resolved then yeah, health annoyances might dog you. If you just can't be bothered with the whole thing i.e. not hung up about it, then I'd be surprised if you suffer any health defects.

I've known a few religious celebates who lived in ordinary society (two of them I see around at the moment). Half seem to be obsessed with sex as a vulgar thing, they just can't stop talking about it, while the others are just so into their practice that any attractions they have to someone are dropped pretty quickly. One guy I talk to often is a hermit who lives in the woodlands around here. He's got a problem in that whenever a pretty female traveller comes to live in the woods near him he usually has to move away because he just can't stop thinking about them. It doesn't help that for an old man he's very attractive.

On the subject of Monks and Nuns, from what I've read from interviews and books as well as talking about it with the few I've met, as well as just being alone or amongst people who aren't likely to inspire sexual desire Monks and Nuns are just too busy with their practice to think about sex. If they grew up in a monastery then the lack of anything sexual going on would mean their minds weren't wired to get preoccupied with sex much at all. All that energy just goes into their practice.

Vidiami what are your circumstances i.e. why are you considering going celebate for ever?

I would like to hear Platos thought on this... how he manages to leave the skandhas of form & sensation while still having a girl-friend...

I once wrote Bodri a question regarding the question if being on a spiritual path makes one "useless" for looking for a mate...

the thing is that during cultivation one is meant not to not just let ones Jing go, but not even to get it stirred by the mind...

HOW to achieve this while leading a happy life with a partner?

Any thoughts?

Harry

LOOK DA HOLE ISUE O CELLLIBACCY BE JUST A RELLATIVE METER, DA WAY TO SEE IT BE,

IT AINT NOT LIKE, OH, I AM GONNA *NEVER* FUCK.

NO NO. IT BE LIKE,

OH, I *FOR DA TIME BEIN* GIVE UP DA LOWER FORMS O FUCKABILLITY *IN ORDER* TO FUCK DA HIGHER REALLITIES.

YA SEE, DA POINT BE, YA LOOK FOR SUM-THANG. YA LOOK FOR AN ULTIMMATE POSESION N REALLITY, WELL, WHAT-EVER THAT BE, CALL IT *MINE LOVER*.

SO EG., IF YA BE A BUDDHA GUY, CALL NIRVANA *DA PUSY*.

SO DA WAY I SEE IT, IN MINE VIEW TO ME DA ULTIMMATE REALLITY BE LIKE DA MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMMAN ARROUND, SO I CAN TEMPORRARRILY GIVE UOP SHAGIN IN ORDER TO EVVENTUALY POSES DA ULTIMMATE PUSY, AKA, *DA TAO*.

SO IN MINE VIEW ALL CULTIVVATION BE SEXUAL IN NATURE N ALL SPIRRITUALLITY BE SEXUAL N ULTIMMATELY THERE MUST BE A POSESION O DA *OTHER* COUNTER-PART IN A SUPPER-MEGA-ARCH-ULTRA-MAXI-HUMMONGOUS METTAPHYSSICAL *FUCK* WITH AN EXPLOSSION O LUST N ORGASM N TOTTAL ACCHIEVEMENT N TOTTAL STATTISFACTION N TOTTAL FEELIN LIKE, *OH YEA I FINNALLY AM FUKIN MINE UNNIVERSAL WOMMAN*

OOHHHHH YEYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DAMN!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!

SHIT!!

GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RONNIETSU

Vidiami what are your circumstances i.e. why are you considering going celebate for ever?

Well ...

First and formally - I'm taking a course in june which requires celibacy for 4 months. So I thought I'd go ahead and try and see what happens. I've never really made a serious attempt before.

Secondly - I'm feeling drawn towards the concept. On one level I'm not that interested in sex and would rather go without it, but on another level ... well, nature's calling. So it's a bit of a split for me. The way that I see it is that there are two choices regarding sex - you either have to learn some sexual techniques or you can go for celibacy (hope this is not a too simplistic way to look at it). As for sexual techniques - not too interested. But the thought of celibacy feels restful/peaceful in my heart. So I thought I'd go there ... But again, it seems to involve some level of struggle to reprogram.

I would like to hear Platos thought on this... how he manages to leave the skandhas of form & sensation while still having a girl-friend...

3429[/snapback]

As far as females go, sexual alchemy (ie ass-fucking) seems to be plato's specialty. As far as the day to day issues of dealing with women, that's been a weak spot of his, from what I've read.

Well ...

First and formally - I'm taking a course in june which requires celibacy for 4 months. So I thought I'd go ahead and try and see what happens. I've never really made a serious attempt before.

Secondly - I'm feeling drawn towards the concept. On one level I'm not that interested in sex and would rather go without it, but on another level ... well, nature's calling. So it's a bit of a split for me. The way that I see it is that there are two choices regarding sex - you either have to learn some sexual techniques or you can go for celibacy (hope this is not a too simplistic way to look at it). As for sexual techniques - not too interested. But the thought of celibacy feels restful/peaceful in my heart. So I thought I'd go there ... But again, it seems to involve some level of struggle to reprogram.

3442[/snapback]

Temporary celibacy for the enhancement of sexual alchemy is easy (well, relatively, barring complications). Then you just hold it in and let it build up for a few months until you have the level of qi stagnation you need.

Permanent celibacy is a little trickier, because you don't just plug up the hose and let the pressure build, you gotta turn off the faucet. This involves adjusting one's mentality, which can be tricky. It involves being able to focus on the people who live inside the bodies instead of the bodies themselves. This is difficult to do without the appropriate mental/emotional changes.

Sometimes the process is completed imperfectly, and their are negative side effects, such as developing a sex phobia, or feeling like you are repressing part of yourself or that you are hiding part of yourself from others because you have no other outlets in your life besides sex for focusing yang energy (being assertive, being fearless, being intimidating) and it hasn't been integrated yet, or just straight subliminating the sexual energy into bizzare hobbies because you didn't actually get rid of it, you just re-directed it.

I just read something to this effect the other day in "Book of Secrets":

As with anything else, the result depends on the underlying vibration of the action. If one decides to be celibate out of fear or frustration you'll get more of that. If you do it out of a spirit of passion and enthusiasm you'll get more of that.

Osho didn't get into the exact transmutation details, but it sounds like it follows the basic taoist understanding.

-Yoda

Sign in to follow this