Sign in to follow this  
welkin

Black smoke

5 Days ago I went to meditate at the park for about 30 minutes (was in the shade not the sun). After finishing, I lay down flat on the grass and i began breathing, and started seeing this black looking smoke fall down and dissipate in the air next to me. Every time i would exhale, black smoke would show up and dissipate. I did sometimes see this white smoke or light though.

I was fasted, only drank a cup of water, and it was sunny and sort of windy, though not hot.

Never actually experienced something as vivid as seeing illusory black smoke dissipate . Does anyone know anything in regards to this?

I did imagine however that this smoke was probably not good, so i purposely would try to breathe out as much as this smoke as possible.

Here are some articles on the topic that seem to be related, though i can't be sure:
http://www.kurukulla.org/resources/Med101/Med101-Purification_With_Light.pdf

http://viewonbuddhism.org/Meditations/basic_meditation.html

http://www.everythingmeditation.com/780/meditation-to-increase-energy/

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1

I had a friend who was a heavy smoker who would do something similar to yoga's "breath of fire" for a few seconds and then exhale a plume of smoke.  Most likely had some smoke trapped in the deep sacs of his lungs, I don't know.  It was a pretty cool party trick, and a little unnerving for his health.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

I had a friend who was a heavy smoker who would do something similar to yoga's "breath of fire" for a few seconds and then exhale a plume of smoke.  Most likely had some smoke trapped in the deep sacs of his lungs, I don't know.  It was a pretty cool party trick, and a little unnerving for his health.

I was with a friend of mine at the time. I asked them if they could see it. But they couldn't. So i'm going to assume it was something only i could see at that moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, welkin said:

I was with a friend of mine at the time. I asked them if they could see it. But they couldn't. So i'm going to assume it was something only i could see at that moment.

Thanks for clarifying. Do you see energy stuff often? I know nothing as vivid, you said. But in the past? Some people tend to be more visual with things. 

Sounds like you were just seeing some energy moving. Did you feel any energy sensations with the exhaling? Did it feel good to exhale?

When doing meditation and practices, the unusual and strange does tend to happen more often. I would just caution not to get too caught up in such phenomena, it could mean something symbolic, or maybe it was just you seeing some energy moving.  😊

What’s your intuition say about it? 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Sounds like you were just seeing some energy moving. Did you feel any energy sensations with the exhaling? Did it feel good to exhale?

I did feel good as i was breathing out, as with usual meditation. Nothing too different than usual energy felt when breathing deeply. I did assume the black smoke is no good as with one would assume. So i guess after i saw it, i began imagining myself blowing it out. Kinda what they say in the links i posted. However, after reading a lot of stuff here and elsewhere, can't be too sure of whatever is happening. Just trying to be cautious. In case it's a bad sign or anything like that.

I will say though, it was beautiful weather, and i was staring into perfectly blue skies. Maybe that allowed for greater attention to this 'illusory' black smoke.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

I would just caution not to get too caught up in such phenomena

Thats important

• Like 2

9 hours ago, welkin said:

I did feel good as i was breathing out, as with usual meditation. Nothing too different than usual energy felt when breathing deeply. I did assume the black smoke is no good as with one would assume. So i guess after i saw it, i began imagining myself blowing it out. Kinda what they say in the links i posted. However, after reading a lot of stuff here and elsewhere, can't be too sure of whatever is happening. Just trying to be cautious. In case it's a bad sign or anything like that.

I will say though, it was beautiful weather, and i was staring into perfectly blue skies. Maybe that allowed for greater attention to this 'illusory' black smoke.

Blue sky is good background to see energy.  Breathing out black energy sounds like a good thing to me, like sick energy coming out.  I suggest not trying to force it too much, but just breath well and meditate well and let it come out ... and don't go jogging in downtown New York during rush hour.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Blue sky is good background to see energy.

Ah ok, would make sense.

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

and don't go jogging in downtown New York during rush hour.

wouldn't dare :)

Sign in to follow this