Zork

Why does all this overexposure of Taoist inner alchemy happen?

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

And my curiosity is now questioning whether anything "came out", or if it was created through your intent and pressured focus. 

Whose intent was revealed?

Yes, you got me! 

I goaded him to write that people that try to practice Nei Dan are blinded by a pursuit of power, even though they are frauds that don't have orbits. 

That was my intent all along. I am a powerful mage. 

Or, it is as I wrote, he was putting other people and their practice down, because in his mind they don't live up to his image of something he (as he states) doesn't practice. 

Pick and choose. 

I personally like the mage option. 

Is there a pointy hat with that? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Please clarify your differentiation here.

'Egoistic' in common usage is synonymous with selfish, self-indulgent, etc. So I used 'egotistic' instead, as I simply meant to say 'in reference to the ego'.

English is not my first language, and perhaps the two terms could actually be used interchangeably. However, I try to make subtle distinctions to the best of my ability, as I am aware that languages in general tend to be unprecise when it comes to matters of the mind and spirit - and sometimes their ambiguities and implied assumptions are tainting our perception of things.

From different levels within themselves?

In my understanding, the 'voice' of intuitive guidance comes from the level of our own Buddhahood.

Or are you suggesting that those talking to us are also no more than our own voices speaking to us?

That's not what I meant to say, but there is a very interesting thought in this: That what other people are telling us reflects what we are saying to ourselves on some level.

If that's what you thought I might be saying. :D

Why does all this overexposure of Taoist inner alchemy happen?

In my case, I began studding Neiden (Taoist inner alchemy) when I joined DBs. I compare it to my own western practice (gleaned from personal dealings) In my experience so far: Neiden is a verifying factor to compare my practice with. Studding it has helped me to clear up some misunderstandings, in performance issues in my bubble system which is in its center form, extremely similar to the microcosmic orbit of Neiden, with the enfasis on free flowing energy rather then storage.

I am not knocking energy storage, conservation, in the body. I am just saying that I tried it with poor results. My storage is within the passive area of my third bubble.

Woops apparent goof up :wacko: of info: For example, according to Lu Kuan Yu: "It is harmful to pinpoint places in the body, the very idea of which should be relinquished since it hinders the course of the inner fire and of vitality.

I have begone to believe that the catholic destruction of information caused many the misunderstandings between east and west which would have otherwise closely matched each other in training and execution.  So in my opinion the dedicated seeker of spirit body functionality needs to reach out to Neiden as a available source/reference and practice. :)

Edited by mrpasserby
over share deletion & incorrect quote line threw
  • Like 2

Inner alchemy is fascinating.  I´m interested in it myself and if other Bums share my interest, I certainly don´t blame them.  This forum attracts a wide variety of people in all different places in their lives.  The Bums who in my view are farthest down the spiritual path share something in common: they aren´t especially bothered by the idea of death.  I don´t pretend to belong to this rarified group.  Me, I´d like to push death off for as long as possible and if I can push it off, well, forever, so much the better.  The ultimate goal of inner alchemy, in my understanding, is immortality.  Sounds good to me.

There is one thing that bugs me, however.  How come there are so many masters here on the forum?  How come so many experts?  It´s a little hard to believe that this place is quite so overrun with spiritual adepts as posts would lead a person to think. Now don´t get me wrong: I know there many genuinely knowledgable people here and I appreciate their sharing. It´s just that sometimes I yearn for the laid back companionship of ordinary spiritual Joes like me who don´t have any superpowers and aren´t about to attain any anytime soon.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrpasserby said:

For example, according to Lu Kuan Yu: "It is harmful to pinpoint places in the body, the very idea of which should be relinquished since it hinders the course of the inner fire and of vitality."

You realize that "Charles Luk" was the translator and that quote is not from the book. He was a Ch'an scholar - I don't think he was a meditation expert, but rather just tasked with the academic side of things.  So for example in the book Taoist Yoga - Charles Luk inserts his commentary with parenthesis - and he gets it WRONG!! haha. So he really didn't know that much about Taoist Yoga alchemy training.

20 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

You realize that "Charles Luk" was the translator and that quote is not from the book. He was a Ch'an scholar - I don't think he was a meditation expert, but rather just tasked with the academic side of things.  So for example in the book Taoist Yoga - Charles Luk inserts his commentary with parenthesis - and he gets it WRONG!! haha. So he really didn't know that much about Taoist Yoga alchemy training.

Thanks for the heads up. I am continuing to do research on the similarities, between what I practice and Neiden.:)

On 4/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, Zork said:

I mean seriously? Inner alchemy is just a fragment of taoist doctrines. Why do people care so much?

Are they ready?

Most people don't know what they are talking about and very few even practice it.

The way I see it only 1 in a million are ready for that.

So really, why there is so much talk about this practice?

First off, i don't know anything. Only stating my intuition.

People care so much because... it is... 'cool'. Because it allows for the teachings that are considered 'woo woo', to manifest physically. They are too desensitized to believe they can feel anything within themselves. We live in a country, and a world where most have lost any sense of miracles or magic. We only see what we've been indoctrinated by society and government. We no longer feel or sense. We choose to only utilize what we can observe through the mainstream known senses. 

Something tells me that if you were to give most people the option to learn internal alchemy or other teachings, which also come with other complications and spiritual comings. I bet most would not go for the power. They would probably go for the minimum risk that would simply make their own lives and maybe those closest to them better. You see this everywhere in society....

Which brings me to my overall thought. There is a war between consciousness and subconscious. 'conscious' people frown upon those 'unconscious'. And those unconscious feel belittled and therefore push back and frown upon those conscious. Probably has always been this way.

Why are we so fearful of the unconscious, subconscious, ego, or mind?  I believe it has the ability to make right decisions and assist real consciousness.

Could the very fear of leading the egoic mind down the path to power, be the very fear that keeps them down their unconscious path anyways?

Edited by welkin
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Pick and choose. 

I personally like the mage option. 

Is there a pointy hat with that? 

The pointy hats are reserved for the wizards and witches. Would a flowing cowl meet with your approval?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2019 at 2:58 AM, welkin said:

People care so much because... it is... 'cool'. Because it allows for the teachings that are considered 'woo woo', to manifest physically. They are too desensitized to believe they can feel anything within themselves. We live in a country, and a world where most have lost any sense of miracles or magic. We only see what we've been indoctrinated by society and government. We no longer feel or sense. We choose to only utilize what we can observe through the mainstream known senses. 

This resonated strongly with me.....society has truly lost its way

My own interest in the topic stems from awakening to the true nature of reality...and to experience it as it truly is....not to be tricked into the the traps of the five senses, and transform oneself to become the pinnacle of potentiality....I'm fascinated by siddhi, both in understanding their emergence and nature from an investigative perspective...but quite honestly...I don't think seeking them out is a good idea..if they come OK, if not, fantastic too..its merely a side effect of the process

On that point, at a group level I believe people fall into two distinct categories...those who seek the process and those who seek the product....imo the latter is at a severe disadvantage before they ever begin....the pursuit of power often ends badly, whereas the pursuit of knowledge rarely does, and power often accompanies it as a bonus

Edited by pegasus1992
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1