manitou

Imprinting your desire on an atom

I just read an incredible passage from Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East (Baird Spalding).  The setting of the book is around the 1890's, when a group of scientific men were allowed to be in the company of Masters, in India, China, Tibet for some years.  The masters they spent time with were ones who had mental abilities to an incredible degree, such as the ability to disassemble their atoms in one location and reappear in another location.  This book reads very credibly.

There is something about the following passage that rings true in my heart, as though there really is a way to do this.  If only one had the understanding, the idea of Oneness, and the faith, without question, that this can really be done.  This would explain many seemingly miraculous events and even reduces those events to nothing more than following the Great Law which underlies all, the Intelligence within all phenomena.  The paragraph is this:

"We will suppose it is ice you desire.  Would you begin by speaking out the word, 'ice,' all about you indiscriminately?  If you did, you would scatter your forces in all directions and nothing would come to you.  You should first form a mental picture of what you desire, hold it directly in thought just long enough to get the image, then drop the image entirely and look directly into the Universal God Substance.  Know that that Substance is a part of God and, therefore, a part of you and in that Substance there is everything you need:  that God is pressing that Substance out to you just as fast as you can use it; and that you can never deplete the supply.  Then know that everyone who has created that supply has brought forth from this Substance, whether they have done it consciously or unconsciously.  Now with your thought and vision fixed on the one central atom, God, hold that atom until you have imprinted your desire upon it.  You will lower the vibration of that atom until it becomes ice.  Then all the atoms surrounding that one will hasten to obey your desire.  Their vibration will be lowered until they will adhere to the central particle and in a moment you will have ice.  You do not even need any water about you.  You need only the ideal."  

I wonder at his mention of the Universal God Substance.  Would this be to open one's eyes and stare at 'anything', knowing that all is the Universal God Substance?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, manitou said:

disassemble their atoms in one location and reappear in another location.

That’s a classic siddhi :)

Id take the instructions with a pinch of salt though.

20 minutes ago, manitou said:

...  You will lower the vibration of that atom until it becomes ice.  Then all the atoms surrounding that one will hasten to obey your desire.  Their vibration will be lowered until they will adhere to the central particle and in a moment you will have ice.  ...

Noooooooo  !

Ice 9 ! 

"Suppose," chortled Dr. Breed, "there were many possible ways water could freeze. Suppose the ice we skate upon -- what we might call ice-one -- is only one type of ice. Suppose water always froze as ice-one because it had never had a seed to teach it how to form ice-two, ice-three, ice-four? Suppose there were one form, which we will call ice-nine -- with a melting point of 130 degrees. " '

' Breed asked me to think of Marines in a swamp.

' "Their trucks are sinking in ooze."

' He winked. "But suppose one Marine had a capsule containing a seed of ice-nine, a new way for the atoms of water to stack and lock, to freeze. If that Marine threw that seed into the nearest puddle . . . ?"

' "The puddle would freeze?" I guessed.

' "And all the puddles . . .?"

' "They would freeze?"

' "You bet they would!" he cried. "And the Marines would rise from the swamp and march on!" '

But  ......

"I keep thinking about that swamp" I said. "If the streams flowing through the swamp froze as ice-nine, what about the rivers and lakes the streams fed?"

' "They'd freeze."

' "And the oceans . . . ?"

' "They'd freeze, of course," Dr. Breed snapped.

' "And the springs . . . ?"

' "They'd freeze, damn it!" he cried.

' "And the rain?"

' "When it fell, it would freeze into hard little hobnails of ice-nine ..... "

...  in the story , of course, some stupid accident causes some to be dropped in the ocean  .... ka-whoom !

frozen-lakes-ponds-waterfalls-a-01-a.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat's_Cradle#Major_themes

2 hours ago, freeform said:

That’s a classic siddhi :)

Id take the instructions with a pinch of salt though.

Just interesting to me that someone actually gave instructions....:)

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Dont you dare freeze the planet Manitou  !        :angry:

Well, now you've issued a challenge.  Where do you live?  I'm going to start there.  :angry:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

McMurdo Valley

Spoiler

.... and you better not freeze our local attraction !

1024px-Blood_Falls_by_Peter_Rejcek.jpg

'Blood Falls' , McMurdo Valley .- Taylor Valley Branch.

( Thats my 'summer weekender'  house , lower left .  Great view eh ? )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

McMurdo Valley

Hide contents

.... and you better not freeze our local attraction !

1024px-Blood_Falls_by_Peter_Rejcek.jpg

'Blood Falls' , McMurdo Valley .- Taylor Valley Branch.

( Thats my 'summer weekender'  house , lower left .  Great view eh ? )

You're being a weisenheimer, aren't you?  Surely you don't live in the Antarctic.  Where the heck is the cell tower?  and have you considered building a porch onto your houseboat?

McMurdo Valley reminds me of the deep need I feel to experience the vibrations of Australia in person some time.

With a lengthy stop in NZ on the way home...

• Like 1

Watch the healing field on amazon prime. The aspect of the discussion is fully covered by quantum physicist,doctors and healers. Stem cell scientist know the environment shapes the cells and observation or distant healing also effects the cell development.

The show also discusses DNA and brain connections can be turned on or off at will. The healing field I highly recommend anyone that practices energy arts to watch this show.

Great topic, like Einstein, quantum science and the Taoist say the un-manifest is primal of all creation not the other way around. Unfortunately western science in the beginning thought that the physical forms were the key.

Modern science like epi genetics and Quantum physics paint a whole new reality just as the ancient sages describe. The magic is not gone. Bad programming like allopathic medicine, Darwin and newton views are about to be replaced. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

McMurdo Valley reminds me of the deep need I feel to experience the vibrations of Australia in person some time.

With a lengthy stop in NZ on the way home...

Ice oasis in the Antarctic desert

tumblr_n1xgahrp8X1sq04bjo1_500.jpg

or Wilpena Pound

127276-3.jpg

On the way back via NZ  make sure to check out Lake Taupo - I have spent a LOT of time on the water but never have I seen such clear and clean water. You can see the bottom in VERY places , itslike looking through air ... so much so, that to the delight of the local Maori, I got vertigo from looking down over the side of the boat .  Then jumping in is the weirdest experience  - even floating in the water you can see the bottom  and it makes  you  feel like you are about to fall to the bottom .

taupo-kayaking-adventures-mine-bay-maori

... oh yeah , keep away from the 'outlet though !

a-lot-water-lake-taupo-ae2b70cb6a3369a86

You get sucked down into deadly rapids that alternate between freezing cold and scalding .

• Like 6

Is that your helmeted self in the kayak??

What a great rock carving of a monkey(?)  Aboriginal?  The odd thing is the black shape to the left of it.  At first I assumed it was a shadow but it seems too dark, and there doesn't seem to be a tree around that would cast that shape.  I also note the manitou at the bottom of that shape where it looks like a young child is brushing her teeth with an electric toothbrush.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Watch the healing field on amazon prime. The aspect of the discussion is fully covered by quantum physicist,doctors and healers. Stem cell scientist know the environment shapes the cells and observation or distant healing also effects the cell development.

The show also discusses DNA and brain connections can be turned on or off at will. The healing field I highly recommend anyone that practices energy arts to watch this show.

Great topic, like Einstein, quantum science and the Taoist say the un-manifest is primal of all creation not the other way around. Unfortunately western science in the beginning thought that the physical forms were the key.

Modern science like epi genetics and Quantum physics paint a whole new reality just as the ancient sages describe. The magic is not gone. Bad programming like allopathic medicine, Darwin and newton views are about to be replaced. 

Thank you for recommending this movie.  I watched it tonight, and I was taken with the wide variety of healers.  I think I'll watch it again.  I love it when anything merges with quantum physics.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, manitou said:

Is that your helmeted self in the kayak??

What a great rock carving of a monkey(?)  Aboriginal?  The odd thing is the black shape to the left of it.  At first I assumed it was a shadow but it seems too dark, and there doesn't seem to be a tree around that would cast that shape.  I also note the manitou at the bottom of that shape where it looks like a young child is brushing her teeth with an electric toothbrush.

Rock overhang ;

132175_new%20zealand_Maori%20Rock%20Carv

Its one of those 'dark places'   that  'they; like to see if you are game enough to enter .   :) 

(There one near my place on top of Cathedral Rocks, an inviting / threatening hole, that I just had to stick my arm in ... by having to lie on one's stomach and press face against the cliff and reach your arm in up to the shoulder.  I cant explain why I did it , I was 'drawn to it ' ... gold or black snake ?  I felt a rock and pulled it our, a beautiful jet black crystal .  I know of two other people had similar experience, all got crystals , one woman put her hand in palm up and one dropped into her palm !  I didnt know that before I went there , I heard the stories and saw their crystals after I told about my experience. )

https://www.newzealand.com/au/feature/mine-bay-rock-carving/

Not me in the canoe ... I camped out rough in  the Maori Camp ... we cant afford stuff like that ! 

When we went out on the lake , one of their friends came around and took us out in his brand new jet boat   :D  .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Not me in the canoe ... I camped out rough in  the Maori Camp ... we cant afford stuff like that ! 

Damn.  He's sorta my type.  Looks like he used to be a very bad boy.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, manitou said:

I just read an incredible passage from Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East (Baird Spalding).  The setting of the book is around the 1890's, when a group of scientific men were allowed to be in the company of Masters, in India, China, Tibet for some years.  The masters they spent time with were ones who had mental abilities to an incredible degree, such as the ability to disassemble their atoms in one location and reappear in another location.  This book reads very credibly.

There is something about the following passage that rings true in my heart, as though there really is a way to do this.  If only one had the understanding, the idea of Oneness, and the faith, without question, that this can really be done.  This would explain many seemingly miraculous events and even reduces those events to nothing more than following the Great Law which underlies all, the Intelligence within all phenomena.  The paragraph is this:

"We will suppose it is ice you desire.  Would you begin by speaking out the word, 'ice,' all about you indiscriminately?  If you did, you would scatter your forces in all directions and nothing would come to you.  You should first form a mental picture of what you desire, hold it directly in thought just long enough to get the image, then drop the image entirely and look directly into the Universal God Substance.  Know that that Substance is a part of God and, therefore, a part of you and in that Substance there is everything you need:  that God is pressing that Substance out to you just as fast as you can use it; and that you can never deplete the supply.  Then know that everyone who has created that supply has brought forth from this Substance, whether they have done it consciously or unconsciously.  Now with your thought and vision fixed on the one central atom, God, hold that atom until you have imprinted your desire upon it.  You will lower the vibration of that atom until it becomes ice.  Then all the atoms surrounding that one will hasten to obey your desire.  Their vibration will be lowered until they will adhere to the central particle and in a moment you will have ice.  You do not even need any water about you.  You need only the ideal."  

I wonder at his mention of the Universal God Substance.  Would this be to open one's eyes and stare at 'anything', knowing that all is the Universal God Substance?

OUCH!!

I read this series Long, Long ago it was contributory to FUCKING UP MY EARLY LIFE.

I am so very sorry to burst anyone's bubble but as wonderful and inspiring as it was,  it was a work of Romantic Fiction. I still love the stories none the less. :) 

• Like 1

LOL.  I'm so sorry the books forked up your early life.  I seem to be handling them uneventfully.  It really is nice reading, and as a healer who uses deep personality dynamics to 'bend the light', the mysterious stuff is actually helpful for my mindset during a ceremony.  We know it's all mind, and this is the common theme with Mary Baker Eddy (Christian Science, which I'm not, but I use their methods sometimes). along with Science of Mind.  I'm finding a few nuggets in this book that are helpful for that purpose.

And yes, the stories are delightful.

On 4/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, manitou said:

Desire maybe = consciousness. It creates a purpose, goal, alignment. vs. chaos, getting drawn anywhere. Which is what i assume makes the atoms vibrate in a certain way in order to control or facilitate whatever draws your mind to things.

When dropping that image entirely, maybe it means know that you can attain anything you want, and then drop it. Otherwise you will forget that you can attain anything else you want, with that same mentality. which is the opposite of what most people do. which is to create an identity off of the things they've accomplished.

To know that you can do anything you want because it comes from a specific source, i believe is true God power. And therefore everything in reality is easy. But you need to prove and repeat that first.

The last part seems to be talking about focus and consciousness. Or peak state. Where you are in complete alignment of what you want.

In a recent podcast interview i watched, a scientist talked about how we may not be in control of anything that we do including our thoughts. It seems that the cell or atoms are already working with one another, killing weak ones, through evolution. All these small microscopic decisions may make up a macro decision which we believe we make.

I may be totally off on this. But that's how it resonated with me.

3 hours ago, welkin said:

In a recent podcast interview i watched, a scientist talked about how we may not be in control of anything that we do including our thoughts. It seems that the cell or atoms are already working with one another, killing weak ones, through evolution. All these small microscopic decisions may make up a macro decision which we believe we make.

So what we perceive as our self, is really a projection of the sum of every cell in the body? 

2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

So what we perceive as our self, is really a projection of the sum of every cell in the body? 

it would be very vague for me to just say, i believe that's what it is. But the idea is just that. if one can at least imagine or believe, that our decisions are being made at a microscopic level, it just gives more perspective into how deep we can just go with discovering our consciousness. Or lack of, for that matter.

That's why it seems so important to cover the physical bases, such as exercise, sleep, diet, etc. And then to overly obsess with it is counterproductive. It seems just like with everything, it's a balance. But i think the main issue is that too many people are thinking their 'mind' is making all their decisions. And actually they're right. Except they don't realize that they are not just their mind.

8 hours ago, welkin said:

it would be very vague for me to just say, i believe that's what it is. But the idea is just that. if one can at least imagine or believe, that our decisions are being made at a microscopic level

I'm tracking. I remember pondering something like this a long time ago when every cell in my body was "screaming" for a cigarette.  I was imagining the withdrawals and cravings were the sum total of each cells need for the nicotine stimulation. 

8 hours ago, welkin said:

Except they don't realize that they are not just their mind.

There are two minds. One is known as the gut.  Gut instinct. Sort of a parallel process, but ultimately feeds into the overall mind.  But is it the intelligence of the gut bacteria, or something else? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

There are two minds. One is known as the gut.  Gut instinct. Sort of a parallel process, but ultimately feeds into the overall mind.  But is it the intelligence of the gut bacteria, or something else? 

I would suggest three.. gut, heart, and the good old noodle. Each seems to have it's own wisdom - within a unification..

Anyway, interesting discussion and observations.

You already are the creator of your own reality, always have been and always will be. This book is just attempting to appease to the scientific mind, to help them let go of the idea of "shortage." Because then you realise, as you create more plastic, the ocean's gonna be filled with them aswell, and is that really what you want?

The point of the experiment, is to help people understand, that your desire is very important, because everything in the universe exists to help you come to new desire. It is what puts the eternalness in eternity.

But more importantly, it helps people understand the real purpose is to find alignment with your own desire! And that you don't need physical conditions in order to find that alignment. And then when you do that, then you will come to the full blown realisation OF ALL THAT YOU TRUELY DESIRE. IS to find alignment with what people call "God" or Source of All of Creation. The Source of the eternal and infinite stream of well-being and ever expansion.

That Source is non-physical and unconditional. So when people place conditions upon it, they only create more forgetfulness, disintegration, and disconnection. That doesn't mean there is no value, because it is still all life and all well and all good.

You just don't have to constantly "crave" for things. Because you already contain all of it evermore, in you as you are of it all evermore aswell. You are always an extension of Source. So why try to look outside of you for something that you feel you "need" in order to allow yourself to be more who it is you truely are.

So obviously, I can say "yeah I blame that book for destroying everything in my life" well... Than you missed the point. The point was that you no longer have to blame your physical conditions for anything that ever happens in your life, ever again!

It's the same with death. When people die, they no longer hold grudges. Trust me... But you don't have to die in order to let go of that blame. You just need to let go of it. How people are going to do that? It's up to each individual, you don't have to worry about other people. In other words... Don't try to save the planet! Just save yourself! If people want to die before they let go of blame, there is nothing wrong with that. I myself often feel like that aswell. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to come to terms with your own eternalness, whilest remaining physically alive and focused. Sure, that may result in outlandish experiences, at which point you wont even use the word "physical versus non-physical" because your entire consciousness will be reintegrated.

And you DON'T NEED SOMEONE OR SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF YOU to do that. It's all you. You, you you you. 5 Billion times per second. Can you see that? How many you's there are? And can you understand that each you is an entire youniverse unto itself? 

Yeah, it is all an illusion, but it is for the purpose of evermore expansion and reflection. Nothing really is changing, except your perspective of it. And everything you perceive outside of you, is your OWN consciousness. So when you perceive an outside master, it cannot be that you can ever perceive it, unless you already are it. So worshipping idols like Jesus or Masters, then you will ALWAYS get the same reflection. I am that which is you. So stop trying to look at the mirror, and remember our connection, and then we can interact in a manner that we intended to interact. Not for the purpose of forgetting who we are, by placing your response-ability outside of you, because then you just go into forgetfulness again and start screaming angrily at the mirror "SMILE GODDAMNIT!" But rather, for the allowance of the evermore joy of the journey, of being who it is we have always been and will be allowing ourselves to become the evermore allowed becoming of it.

Simply reintegrating all that you are more fully in your here and now, and then move in the joy of being who it is you truely are, flowing your entire unconditional nature through you here for the purpose of taking thought beyond that which it has ever been before.

If you're gonna blame things outside of you, you will never allow them to change. You infact, stop and prevent them from changing if you do that, and hold them in the place of where they are now. However, this will always cancel itself out, so it is merely a temporary experience, no matter how long it may SEEM or how long you may believe it will be so... Because you cannot change your true nature and you will always be your true nature. And so? You will ALWAYS find your freedom again when you take back your own response-ability. And accept, you created all of it. Why? Why would I do all of this to myself?! WHY?! 

Well, you don't remember do you? So can you understand that since you don't remember, can you then understand that you also don't remember wether you wanted to hurt yourself or not... Or can you? Do you really believe that you are evil? Do you believe, that the Source within you, is evil? Well? Ask yourself, "Have I ever wanted pain for myself? Have I ever enjoyed my own suffering?" And you will simply never find any shred of evidence out there, that this is true. So it's simply a flawed premise. You do love yourself and care for yourself and care about who you are. And you do wanna feel good.

So why then is it so difficult for most people to feel good? Because they blame things outside of themselves! And in so doing, they give it more energy and momentum and power. It is your own power and energy! You are electrocuting all things evil with your own power and FORCING them to use it against you. You really are! We all do it. We humans that is. And we have been doing this for soooo long! But you didn't do it on purpose! YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT ON PURPOSE. YOU SIMPLY DID IT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER. So why blame if you know that you have always been innocent and will be evermore. Nothing can ever stop you from being who you truely are, and your true nature will never ever become anything less than all that it is what it has always been and will be allowed the evermore becoming of it evermore, if you but simply do what? Allow it. Yes.... You have to allow it. No choice whatsoever. You just have to accept that. That you got no choice, but to accept that you are innocent. And so stop blaming yourself or anyone ever. Let go of that. Or suffer the consequences, why? Because you are blaming yourself, as you are everything.

You are at the center of existance. Did you know that? Look around you. Is there anything that doesn't exist around you. So can you then understand, that you created all of this for yourself, and are still doing so, right now, and now and now and now again. Everything exists around you. No one can ever say otherwise. And then when you realise you always have been and always will be at the center of all of it. You will realise you are the reason everything exists. And so since you are the only reason everything exists? Well? Who exists but you? You are the one and all. In other words, you are existance. Always have been and always will be. Because non existance doesn't exist, so there's no room there for anything that exists, so you have no choice but to be existance, eternally.

I know it sounds tiring to hear that, as I've been saying it over and over again since, I don't count the years anymore. But it is simply always true and important to know, so I keep writing it, no matter how many times it takes, it always feels good to me to remember everyone of this. Cause I am you! Why woulden't I wanna wake myself up? Dude... Just stop being so shy and be yourself. Accept you are eternally worthy of anything and everything that you can possibly imagine evermore. You are going to eternal paradise, wether you like it or not. And many people will be dragged by their feet, yes. Because we cannot exist without eachother. Because we are all one and the one is the all. It is mdrfking law btch! You better accept it. Or you get a spanking. I'm sorry, but it's simply how the universe operates. People wont ever allow you to do something that would cause any harm upon yourself. Not if they can help it. And many people can help it, more and more, every single day. And it will always be the case. Evermore.

So stop trying to worry about everything all of the time as if there ever has existed any evil outside of you, that can ever be more evil than all that you are. You don't run from your own shadow either, do you? So realise how grown up you've become. How far you've come in your being. To even accept this and know this, as if it is just so normal to you to be that infinitely wise and intelligent. And so infinitely worthy and good. Because you've always been.

And you will ALLWAYS deserve EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN EVER POSSIBLY EVEN COME TO THE INSPIRATION OF EVEN IMAGINING YOU WANT IT. You just gotta stop trying to stirr the soup so all the fcking god damn time! It's fcking done. You already created all of it. It's done. Now is time to enjoy your own creation. Evermore. Just enjoy what you want. Enjoy your own desires. Otherwise you simply wont allow them to become. That's it. All you have to do is enjoy what you want. You have to pay the price of joy. And is that really that big of a price to pay?

If you think it is. Then don't worry. Things will get bigger. Your desires aswell. And then you got no choice but to enjoy them. Because you wont even be capable of looking away from them anymore. And that is what we all have wanted. We signed up for it. You and you and me and me and you and you. Everyone, and all of us. All the humans, all the animals, and all the trees, and birds and insects and fish and organisms and cells and elements. All of it. So stop trying so hard and relax! Let's listen to some radio! Do you want AM? Or FMMMMMmmmm???!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, welkin said:

it would be very vague for me to just say, i believe that's what it is. But the idea is just that. if one can at least imagine or believe, that our decisions are being made at a microscopic level, it just gives more perspective into how deep we can just go with discovering our consciousness. Or lack of, for that matter.

This seems to point to the concept of Acceptance.  I remember reading in Krishnamurti's work that the secret to his serenity was that "he didn't mind anything that happened".  And doesn't it seem that way?  That all enlightenment paths do involve acceptance?  It's really a bit of a Catch-22.  On one hand, we are capable of so much more than we think we are - and I'm sure all of us here can attest to some incredible things that we have done due to our metaphysical understanding,    And yet, what is a jewel in the crown of the awakened one is the wisdom of acceptance.  The Sage.

So it seems to go back to the old serenity prayer.  God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Like 2