AstralProjectee

Is There Enough Information On The Internet How We Can Become Immortal?

I subscribe to the notion all teachings are self protected. This means that even with the best teacher in person if it is not for you or you are not ready you will get nothing from it.

That also means for those it is for,   even a hint may be sufficient to gain great insight and the practice will be fruitful. 

For those that it is for both the teacher and the student would be a blessing for each other no?

Is reincarnation a part of Daoism? I tend to think not or else there would not be such emphasis on immortals being a thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

it is recorded that Lord Brahma (as the aspect of creator ) is not immortal per-se although his lifetime is the length of a

extremely long cosmic cycle...anyway even that is not enough.

Btw. in Taoism The One is "born" so even the One is not immortal per-se.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even if you found the exactly correct information for you. Even if you found just the right enlightened teacher willing to teach you. Even if you had your life completely in order - with all the money and support you need to fully dedicate your entire life to this goal...

I think it’s important to realise that enlightenment (let alone immortality) is the absolute peak of human achievement. Meaning it’s incredibly difficult and completely out of reach for the majority of people.

People seem to think that spiritual cultivation fits some sort of humanist ideal - that it’s fair, easy and accessible for anyone.

But that’s wishful thinking. In many ways it is no different than any other human endeavour. Think about the people at the very top of any field - the Mozarts, DaVincis, Einsteins of this world... They tend to share something in common - very high intelligence and an obsessive work ethic (and luck of course).

The bar is a lot higher than we imagine. If you’re not a genius at anything you put your mind to you probably won’t get anywhere close to immortality.

But...

Its still fun to try and see how far you can get :)

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, freeform said:

think it’s important to realise that enlightenment (let alone immortality) is the absolute peak of human achievement. Meaning it’s incredibly difficult and completely out of reach for the majority of people.

People seem to think that spiritual cultivation fits some sort of humanist ideal - that it’s fair, easy and accessible for anyone.

the method of the great elixir is very simple and very easy and that although stupid and dull, if the small man attains this method and puts it into practice he will immediately leap up to the level of the sages.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, freeform said:

But that’s wishful thinking. In many ways it is no different than any other human endeavour. Think about the people at the very top of any field - the Mozarts, DaVincis, Einsteins of this world... They tend to share something in common - very high intelligence and an obsessive work ethic (and luck of course).

Plus I think they are all have OCD.  Are there any real masters that don't have OCD?

Like in the movie "As Good as it Gets"  Jack Nicholson did a real good job of playing me = )

31 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Plus I think they are all have OCD

Yeah - all very much obsessive in my experience :)

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

the method of the great elixir is very simple and very easy

... if it’s in the Mandate of Heaven maybe :)

One of my fellow students of the way would start singing in a strange language spontaneously during training... took a while to work out that it’s in Pali. 

After a a while he could read and understand Pali scriptures.

He was very fortunate to then find an amazing Buddhist teacher and progressed very rapidly from what I hear...

4 hours ago, freeform said:

Even if you found the exactly correct information for you. Even if you found just the right enlightened teacher willing to teach you. Even if you had your life completely in order - with all the money and support you need to fully dedicate your entire life to this goal...

I think it’s important to realise that enlightenment (let alone immortality) is the absolute peak of human achievement. Meaning it’s incredibly difficult and completely out of reach for the majority of people.

The bar is a lot higher than we imagine. If you’re not a genius at anything you put your mind to you probably won’t get anywhere close to immortality.

But...

Its still fun to try and see how far you can get :)

without simple and sincere honesty and a certain humbleness it doesn't matter how hard working or how smart a student is if they don't have or develop those virtues

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The sounds are made while in the mind because the vibration is stronger. Thoughts make sound on a vibrational level and that’s also why some people say some thoughts are just noise, or mental noise.

I meant no offense when I called the emoticon silly. As you pointed out I misunderstood what you were implying. What would help was to use your own words so that I could better understand and respond, old friend.

Thats  an interesting perspective.  Personally I do not think that sounds have the most powerful effect when imagined mentally, as IME, a 'vocalisation' of a sound vibration , if done properly, sets off all sorts of resonating sympathetic vibrations in various parts of the body that effect and change it .

But then again, maybe 'mental sounds'  do something similar     ......     :unsure:     ?

13 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Sometimes requiring proof and evidence people become stupid.

Anyone can feel qi.

Anyone who can feel qi can move qi.

Anyone who can move qi can accumulate qi.

When you accumulate you qi, it can be heat and electric tingling.

Shooting other ppl with electric jolts is just moving qi towards them.

Anyone can do this.

Bringing paper on fire is moving qi outside of body.

Anyone can do this with some training.

P    F     F     F     T   !  

If you continue to deny all this, I would 99% suspect brain damage, and magic / channelling practice is known to cause irreversible mental damage making people clinically insane.

Thats right , if I deny that anyone can direct chi to spontaneously combust paper   I am the one     with the brain damage  ....   :rolleyes:

... and, I might not be an 'idiot'  but  might  be  suffering   from irreversible mental damage making me clinically insane ... due to 'magic'

Also, its rather disingenuous  to conflate  magic  /  channelling  practice .

It just demonstrates lack of knowledge in the area you are trying to discredit .

But whatevers ... you  like ' super chi powers' and think anyone can develop them ... but if one practices magic  then , according to you, they have brain damage and are clinically insane .

Also,  I note you refereed to Crowley - who advocated a type of magick known as 'Scientific Illuminism' where one keeps a running record and analysis of results, treating the subject like a modern scientific experiment to analyse its validity  and dispel 'hocus-pocus' . A system I practised ,  which is why I developed the outlook I have on it ... not from reading about it or imagining what I would like to happen .

I suppose you can set fire to things from a distance  though  ,  eh  ?

Bcz most people have no ability to develop mental body. They grow its size by distension, corrupt blocks of information.

(its like getting fat instead of getting muscles) 

With some people , the fat seems to form in the brain , never mind the  'mental body' .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Ye, which is why Qi experts like @GSmaster , ....

Hmmm ... perhaps a Master of 'self sarcasm '  ?

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The mods should check the system because this happened to me before with people quoting others and somehow it registered as coming from me, which were things I never said either.

Yes. I have been done by that too .... It seemed related to the plague of 'cursor jump' ... something to do with an over sensitive mouse pad ?  (I was told ) .. you tying, and next minute the cursor  has moved , once up into the quote box, so it looked i was making up someone else's quote, I missed it in editing .

or sometimes there is 'throwback'  where  a section of an old quote has intruded on a new one, thats weird !

Come on now  GS Master  !   Quit foolin' around  with your projected chi   and messin' with  our posts  !  

:) 

:lol:

15 hours ago, Sinai said:

no that wasn't i supposed to say ... i mean u can get the information about how and where you an start it ... but that doesn't mean me or anyone else must reject everything ... some practices could be learned from books ...

IA isn't written in books and the vast majority have no idea what they are talking about.

Also if i really wanted to know about IA i would ask a fellow member in the dao bums.

I know he will answer if i ever ask and he knows i never will. ;)

It looks like this is the latest Grunter thread?  I'm starting to get punished for writing the book now.  I have some imbecile fudge packer sending me messages on FB with challenges, asking if I'm as powerful as John Chang and can light paper on fire.

Well no, I can only light my farts, and I haven't practiced that in a million years.

I guess I'm pissed off at myself for even engaging with that idiot, because on FB they are just as pathetic as they are here., but I've got a bit of smoldering anger thing going so I think I'll put together a nice sarcastic answer and post it here, for practice.

Usually when I write a post with more than twenty F words in it I regret it later, so you'll have to bear with me.  I'll try to be creative.

It is clear that the guy who wrote Magus of Java was fed a heap of bullshit, and now we have to deal with that bullshit.  It would be nice if there was someone that you could just kill to make it all end, but that's wishful thinking ... besides, it's too late, the bullshit is already out there.  Like Pandoras box.

One thing I was told is that some masters have solid tan tiens and after they die the followers remove some kind of solid abject from their bellies in order to prove how advanced they were.

Has anyone heard of this?

Then ask me if I give a flying fuck about that kind of gutter crawler shit. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I just want to assure every one here that I have no power.  I'm like nothing compared to Mr. Yueng.

Edited by Starjumper

24 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

One thing I was told is that some masters have solid tan tiens and after they die the followers remove some kind of solid abject from their bellies in order to prove how advanced they were.

Popular in buddhist tradition. 

By the description, I would guess gall stones. 

Loads of repressed anger? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I just want to assure every one here that I have no power.  I'm like nothing compared to Mr. Yueng.

To be more transparent here, the only kind of power that I'm concerned with, the priority for me, is making the violet beam of energy get stronger and brighter.  OK, so I'm weird, get lost  :)       Here is the picture:

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/49036-how-to-become-less-blind/?do=findComment&comment=880370

Second is increasing the energy all around my head, with having a 'glow in the dark body' trailing in third place, but that's important too, because that's what powers the other stuff.  Thank god doctors with anal probes will never be able to measure that kind of thing, not that I want to try.  Can't even fuckin' light paper on fire!

This beam of energy goes from underground to way up, I don't know how far up, maybe it's less now that I'm not with Mr. Yueng.  It goes non stop, some people might say it was like a fountain of yin energy.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Well, I can’t speak generally and am only parroting what was taught from the lineage of Sadguru Sant Keshvadas. 

Vocalizing sounds in the Aboriginal tradition and their  songlines is a different approach and still works wonders—they are alluded to in our books as well.

We teach all sorts of ways to chant whether aloud, singing, whispers, silently, writing them out, reading them, or even listening to someone chant and following along best we can or even passive listening. All work but achieve different frequencies. Aloud is a lower vibration but higher frequency and the opposite is for mental chanting.

I was referring to my experience with mantra in the Vedic and Buddhist traditions  and 'vibrational intoning'  / 'incantation' from the western tradition -   in that ;

" There are few subjects that are more misunderstood in the Western Ceremonial systems of magick than that of the vibratory formula. "

http://www.jwmt.org/v1n5/vibratoryform.html

11 hours ago, Starjumper said:

It looks like this is the latest Grunter thread?  I'm starting to get punished for writing the book now.  I have some imbecile fudge packer sending me messages on FB with challenges, asking if I'm as powerful as John Chang and can light paper on fire.

Well ... of course !    Mathew 7:5 and all that .

Plus L . L .    , of course !

... Thou then, who hast trials and troubles, rejoice because of them, for in them is Strength, and by their means is a pathway opened unto that Light.

How should it be otherwise, O man, whose life is but a day in Eternity, a drop in the Ocean of time; how, were thy trials not many, couldst thou purge thy soul from the dross of earth?

Is it but now that the Higher Life is beset with dangers and difficulties; hath it not ever been so with the Sages and Hierophants of the past? They have been persecuted and reviled, they have been tormented of men; yet through this also has their Glory increased.

Rejoice therefore, O Initiate, for the greater thy trial the greater thy Triumph. When men shall revile thee, and speak against thee falsely, hath not the Master said, “Blessed art thou!”?

;) 

Well no, I can only light my farts, and I haven't practiced that in a million years.

I guess I'm pissed off at myself for even engaging with that idiot, because on FB they are just as pathetic as they are here., but I've got a bit of smoldering anger thing going so I think I'll put together a nice sarcastic answer and post it here, for practice.

Usually when I write a post with more than twenty F words in it I regret it later, so you'll have to bear with me.  I'll try to be creative.

It is clear that the guy who wrote Magus of Java was fed a heap of bullshit, and now we have to deal with that bullshit.  It would be nice if there was someone that you could just kill to make it all end,

:D 

but that's wishful thinking ... besides, it's too late, the bullshit is already out there.  Like Pandoras box.

10  years after I closed our school - it still exists ...    everything from me being ' not cool '  though to child molesting and Satanism .

Alto peeps around here think 'initiation' is cool, as a concept , for the indigenous ,  for a guy that 'got initiated by shamans in Sth America and goes around town offering to 'remove entities' from people  ,  or something you get from a weekend $1200 workshop ( teepee rental inclusive )  ..... but do it and offer it seriously ?     You be the devil  ... all of a sudden .   And THAT  is with the 'open', alternative,  semi-non Christians  ;)

The other type ?   Well,  some are WAY beyond reason !

" It would be nice if there was someone that you could just kill to make it all end,  "     :)

Is that that thing when they burn a saint, they supposedly find these little crystal / mineral node things ?   I read a debunk on that, they analysed some .

... half a mo'

.... here ya go ;

Śarīra is a generic term referring to Buddhist relics, although in common usage it usually refers to pearl or crystal-like bead-shaped objects that are purportedly found among the cremated ashes of Buddhist spiritual masters. Relics of the Buddha after cremation are termed dhātu in the Mahaparinibbana Sutta.[1] Śarīra are held to emanate or incite 'blessings' and 'grace' (Sanskrit: adhiṣṭhāna) within the mindstream and experience of those connected to them.[2] Sarira are also believed to ward off evil in the Himalayan Buddhist tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śarīra

There is evidence that under certain conditions of heating, human bones can form crystalline structures.[4] In one chemical analysis, śarīras were found to be composed of the constituent elements of both bones and stones.[5]

220px-Relics_of_buddha_from_His_Holiness

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, Nungali said:

Just stay cryonically vitrified ... thats sorta like immortality .

Or .... if interested in alchemy, you  could  try some simple beginner experiments ... why start at the complex visual symbols when you have  not yet learnt to interpret them ?   Also, with a simple process and substance,  you can fairly safely consume it ... and begin the transformations . 

I don't know what your talking about. I am very much a newbie to this whole thing so. 

On 4/21/2019 at 7:50 AM, Starjumper said:

It is clear that the guy who wrote Magus of Java was fed a heap of bullshit, and now we have to deal with that bullshit.  It would be nice if there was someone that you could just kill to make it all end, but that's wishful thinking ... besides, it's too late, the bullshit is already out there.  Like Pandoras box.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Stop getting angry over stuff like this. It's not worth it. I view newbies asking you if you can do things like John Chang no different than a child that asks their dad if they can dunk a basketball like Micheal Jordan. Look we newbies don't know any better. Stop taking it so personally. We are just looking for someone to learn from. 

1 hour ago, AstralProjectee said:

Stop getting angry over stuff like this. It's not worth it. I view newbies asking you if you can do things like John Chang no different than a child that asks their dad if they can dunk a basketball like Micheal Jordan. Look we newbies don't know any better. Stop taking it so personally. We are just looking for someone to learn from. 

Thanks, as a newbie you wouldn't know about the long history, the many years, of relentless attacks this forum has suffered from John Chang worshippers and Western Mo Pai Students (WIMPS), and as miserable victims of this onslaught many here have a chip on their shoulder, a big giant one, which they hide well.  For some reason all those wackos (also known as Grunters) have temporarily gone from the forum and so some of the wise guys are starting to poke their heads out.

I try to be civil to newbies who are civil, notice word 'try'.

This wacko from FB was also telling me that my system and all systems from that area are evil and he knows because he came from that area ... the Muslim side ... if you catch my drift ...

His intention was to show me how evil that these things are (me included of course), no doubt from a perspective of absolute purity.  

Maybe when he reads the book and gets to the last part, which is titled the Taoist Path of the Immortal, which is actually about the Taoist Path of Ethics, he may think that we are all not so evil after all, but I doubt it.

Actually my exposure to forums, like this one, has prepared me for anything and it was hardly a bother.  I wasn't too upset really, the main reason I posted is because I wanted to try out some new clever insults for the freaking low grade moron because I knew he would be reading them here.  I think that's ok with the rules if that person isn't posting here on the forums.

Edited by Starjumper

4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Thanks, as a newbie you wouldn't know about the long history, the many years, of relentless attacks this forum has suffered from John Chang worshippers and Western Mo Pai Students (WIMPS), and as miserable victims of this onslaught many here have a chip on their shoulder, a big giant one, which they hide well.  For some reason all those wackos (also known as grunters) have temporarily gone from the forum and so some of the wise guys are starting to poke their heads out.

I try to be nice to be civil to newbies who are civil, notice word 'try'.

This wacko from FB was also telling me that my system and all systems from that area are evil and he knows because he came from that area ... the Muslim side ... if you catch my drift ...

His intention was to show me how evil that these things are (me included of course), no doubt from a perspective of absolute purity.  

Maybe when he reads the book and gets to the last part, which is titled the Taoist Path of the Immortal, which is actually about the Taoist Path of Ethics, he may think that we are all not so evil after all, but I doubt it.

Actually my exposure to forums, like this one, has prepared me for anything and it was hardly a bother.  I wasn't too upset really, the main reason I posted is because I wanted to try out some new clever insults for the freaking low grade moron because I knew he would be reading them here.  I think that's ok with the rules if that person isn't posting here on the forums.

We always have haters, in fact the more successful you are the more haters there will be. 

But the best way to deal with such haters is to use what Jordan Peterson calls "Minimum Necessary Force."

• Like 1