AstralProjectee

Is There Enough Information On The Internet How We Can Become Immortal?

Hi everyone, I want to become immortal. Is there enough information on the Internet that would allow me to attain immortality? And what are the best resources that would allow me to do that? Thanks. 

EDIT: Obviously I am not talking about physical immortality but spiritual immorality where one doesn't have to reincarnate again. 

Edited by AstralProjectee

3 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

Hi everyone, I want to become immortal. Is there enough information on the Internet that would allow me to attain immortality? And what are the best resources that would allow me to do that? Thanks. 

yep - study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality"  - it's free online. The lineage does all their teaching for free.

The book takes a while to understand and then to practice it requires even more fortitude. And then you'll find a lot of people trying to hold your back in your practice (for whatever reasons)....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

No. Even if such information were to be available, the one releasing it would be a completely irresponsible person.

10 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

Is there enough information on the Internet that would allow me to attain immortality? And what are the best resources that would allow me to do that? Thanks. 

There is more than enough information on how NOT to become immortal. 

Therefore, the best strategy would be to invent a totally new method (this is harder than you may think because people are experimenting since time immemorial) and to sincerely hope that it works. 

• Like 2

Physical immortality?  The body grows old and dies, that is the way of things.

Though I do like this quote:

"Only those who do not cling to their life can save it." -Tao Te Ching 75

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

"Only those who do not cling to their life can save it." -Tao Te Ching 75

That's good, I didn't know that was in there.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to dissuade you from your goals, but think for a second about what physical immortality would be like.

Everyone you know would die. You'd meet new people, and they'd die as well. You'd be stuck here without them, constantly meeting people who are destined to grow old and die super fast, as you stay the same. You'd have to constantly move, so that no one found out you were this undying freak...or you'd have to stay away from society entirely, hiding in some remote area. It's hard to be hidden in our modern world, where our every move is tracked, such as when we spend money. You'd need to be off the grid. Imagine that after many years pass, humans evolve into looking different than they currently do, while you still look the same...or imagine that something like a meteorite hits the earth and kills all human life...then you're stuck here in a wasteland with no one else around...doing what?

Basically - what's the point in being immortal? Why would you want to be? It might seem like a cool trick for the first 100 years, but shortly after that it becomes horrible.

There are stories of people who are immortal, in the definition that they live much longer than normal humans. Maybe it's true, or maybe it's just a myth. But either way, if you're thinking of trying to become it, you might as well ponder what it'd actually be like.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

I want to become immortal. 

So, you could follow voidisyinyang on the Journey towards immorality, which is free and available. The major drawback would be that the actual method is slightly hidden, and you have to do a bit of creative guesswork. No probs 😁

Or you could listen to the boring crowd and choose another goal. 

Take care. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

I'm not trying to dissuade you from your goals, but think for a second about what physical immortality would be like.

I think it would be awesome. 

• Like 2

In time immemorial, it was common for people to live a thousand years or so.

Later, all throughout history, some Alchemists in various cultures have found the secret of relative physical immortality. This is tantamount to the manufacture of the Philosopher's Stone or of an elixir of life.

There is no lack of suggestions how to go about this freely available online, however, the problem will be to discern the viable ones. In any case, a thorough understanding of Hermetic philosophy (if you follow the Western tradition) as well as of basic laboratory techniques will be a prerequisite.

As to the underlying philosophy, bear in mind that the spirit is immortal anyway (at least on its inner level), so the art is to transfer the characteristics of the spirit to the physical body. This could be advantageous especially if you have a mission to accomplish that  requires more than just a normal life span. Alternatively, it may be possible to pursue a task over several life-times, but this necessitates starting all over from scratch every time as well ad various imponderables.

It's likely that immortality can be achieved by way of internal methods of (e.g. Chinese) Alchemy alone (as hinted at by voidisyinyang), however, I am not very familiar with that.

About Hermetic Alchemy we can talk more if you have any specific questions, though.

This website will provide you with stuff to contemplate for numerous years. And all for free, to be sure... ;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

About Hermetic Alchemy we can talk more if you have any specific questions, though.

This website will provide you with stuff to contemplate for numerous years. And all for free, to be sure... ;)

Some of the imagery are very nice. 

Do they come with a practice manual, or how will the wannabe alchemist walk the road to Immortality? 

4 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Everyone you know would die. You'd meet new people, and they'd die as well. You'd be stuck here without them, constantly meeting people who are destined to grow old and die super fast, as you stay the same. You'd have to constantly move, so that no one found out you were this undying freak...or you'd have to stay away from society entirely, hiding in some remote area. It's hard to be hidden in our modern world, where our every move is tracked, such as when we spend money. You'd need to be off the grid. Imagine that after many years pass, humans evolve into looking different than they currently do, while you still look the same...or imagine that something like a meteorite hits the earth and kills all human life...then you're stuck here in a wasteland with no one else around...doing what?

Basically - what's the point in being immortal? Why would you want to be? It might seem like a cool trick for the first 100 years, but shortly after that it becomes horrible.

There are stories of people who are immortal, in the definition that they live much longer than normal humans. Maybe it's true, or maybe it's just a myth. But either way, if you're thinking of trying to become it, you might as well ponder what it'd actually be like.

Reread my post to see my edit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AstralProjectee said:

Reread my post to see my edit.

Nothing obvious at the bums 🤪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Nothing obvious at the bums 🤪

In my edit I wrote "Obviously I am not talking about physical immortality but spiritual immorality where one doesn't have to reincarnate again."

• Like 2

And you might prefer a teacher and a method rather than info from the 'net. 

Edited by Mudfoot
Spelling
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

yep - study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality"  - it's free online. The lineage does all their teaching for free.

The book takes a while to understand and then to practice it requires even more fortitude. And then you'll find a lot of people trying to hold your back in your practice (for whatever reasons)....

Thanks I will check that out.

6 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

In that case you don't need to do anything. You're already immortal. Anything else is just entertainment and mental gymnastics.

Really? What about breaking the cycle of reincarnation, or attaining the rainbow body of great transference?

19 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

EDIT: Obviously I am not talking about physical immortality but spiritual immorality where one doesn't have to reincarnate again. 

?  I thought  one could remain  'spiritually immortal ', even with endless cycles of reincarnation  - if they go forever, go for  cycles and stop or have one life and not reincarnate again but continue 'spiritually'   -  that is all 'immortality'   ( if one believes in that sort of thing ).

Anyway .... according to ALL the sources BEFORE the internet , its a matter of practice and what you live ... not  reading .

Even the ' Gnana'  path to enlightenment.  ( through knowledge ) isnt just about information.

• Like 1