Shad282

Accepting futile situations?

Hi All,

I would to ask you on how is it possible for you to accept futile situations where you have to follow or do everyday a task that you think it is useless or you can do it in a better and more efficient way ?

Example: being told that to go from A to B. but do that you should go from A to C then to B. 

So many times accepting such situation creates self hate since it feels like you are abusing yourself by accepting such tasks and abusing your intelligence.

My question is how do you accept doing something not logical and repeat it everyday without getting angry or sad for doing it ?

But also without feeling that by accepting and doing this, you are abusing yourself and your intelligence.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Sounds like somebody should be looking for a better job.

the last time i did that, i got promoted to another department and better package and all.

but I guess I need to accept things at a certain point and not easy to find another job.

• Like 1

Well, what would you like to do instead ?   Save the world ?!

Every day is another picnic with a mix of ingredients; one imperfect moment after another, but smile and be the sunshine, then do your wonderful best and sing the whole way through !

Useless, worthless meaningless ?
Just smile to your colleagues, make them coffee and let them know that we are one together, one great family, one great journey.  We help each other with our ventures projects and journeys.   Sometimes we help others sometimes others help us. 

There is joy in the beginning, there is joy in the journey, there is joy in the goal.

Every job is worth doing well !   Be grateful for work, even if it is digging a trench only to fill it back up.   What joy !!!   It's so great to be alive, to breathe ... give me that shovel, I'm Up !!!

And there is a time to buy the boss a Caramel Machiatto tell him a few jokes to cheer him and mention that twice as much could be done if xyz.

And if not join a new venture with new people and a new horizon stretching out joyously to receive the sweat of your brow, and say goodbye with great love for all that has been achieved, in a world where the 5 elements turn endlessly, the fields ploughed under and under, and under again ... yet there is a harvest.

In our hearts.

There is Joy in the beginning
There is Joy in the journey
There is Joy in the goal !!!
-- Oh Yeah --

No greater joy then hard work !

52 minutes ago, Shad282 said:

My question is how do you accept doing something not logical and repeat it everyday without getting angry or sad for doing it ?

But also without feeling that by accepting and doing this, you are abusing yourself and your intelligence.

OK, let´s say you´re asked to do something nonsensical as part of your job.  You´ve considered Windwalkers suggestion of finding other employment and determined that´s not the right course of action for you at the moment. 

I´d start thinking of this seemingly futile task in another way.  It may be futile in terms of the stated objectives of the job, but it´s not futile for you because doing it is part of what allows you to keep this job that you´ve decided you want to keep.  Everytime you do this task you are taking care of yourself, earning money that allows you to do what you want in life and not be dependent upon others.  By doing this task you are showing maturity, recognizing that not everything makes sense in life and part of taking care of ourselves as adults is doing things that don´t make sense.  You are not abusing yourself by doing this task.  You are taking care of yourself and meeting your own objectives of having a job and making money. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shad282 said:

Hi All,

I would to ask you on how is it possible for you to accept futile situations where you have to follow or do everyday a task that you think it is useless or you can do it in a better and more efficient way ?

Example: being told that to go from A to B. but do that you should go from A to C then to B. 

So many times accepting such situation creates self hate since it feels like you are abusing yourself by accepting such tasks and abusing your intelligence.

Thanks.

I'd say find another job, but that's what most jobs are like, isn't it?  Especially when starting out, though in some ways it never ends, there is always tedious work that needs to be done.   My mantra was I'm doing it for the money and just do it.  The anger, sadness, even the frustration is voluntary; to some extent you're choosing to suffer it.  Put your mind somewhere else and poof, it goes away. 

Where to put your mind.. quitting time, or on what you're doing or having fun when possible with fellow workers. 

Another tactic is after work volunteer for a charity and do work that is even more boring.  Karma yoga might be just what is needed.  Great practice cause there you are volunteering, its your choice, and when you stick to it, you'll find a sense of freedom.  Strangely enough. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shad282 said:

Hi All,

Thanks.

It would take too long to explain what qualifies to me to say this. so take it as you will.

It seems to me that you are a product of the societal system in place. Which looks like this born -> school (which means schedule and way of learning) - > college (same shit), job (same shit).

Hence you are a product of the system. Fortunately, you are living in the greatest time in history to not have to do this. There are books on financial education, personal development, and success.

I can't say that i know what you feel, because i got out of it early when i dropped out of college 6 years ago and pursued entrepreneurship (greatest job in the world i'm no longer a part of was a part of this journey). But i would say that you're going to feel like this the rest of your life if you stay there. And it is possible to accept how you feel, and you will if you stay. Which is worse, because you will only do more damage to your spirit, consciousness, self esteem, psychology.

What to do:
- read rich dad poor dad, secrets of the millionaire mind, and the power of now.

- get really fucking good at something that provides value to a lot of people.  VALUE = MONEY

- get good through your own research, practice/implementation, and through a job that will give you freedom to explore this skill and has future to grow.

- Once you're so good at what you do, make your own business and become financially free.

EDIT:
I forgot that since this is The Tao Bums... Money, success, your career isn't everything. However, let's not be hippy here. The world we live in is the world we live in. Why not choose our own path in the economical world we live in.

For me, I found out that i had it reversed. I thought i was fine with working on the outer and inner game alone. Unfortunately, i didn't didn't nourish my spiritual side enough, even when it begged. Maybe i didn't know how to at the time.

Find that balance, there is another side of spirituality even in career and success as well.

Edited by welkin

16 hours ago, Shad282 said:

It’s simple. Find the benefit of having to go to C... there is always a benefit.

In that example the benefit is the extra exercise you get from having to take a longer route.

Then you do the task not from a place of giving up and resignation, but from a place of getting that extra benefit. It’s a completely different endeavour then.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:52 PM, rideforever said:

There is Joy in the beginning
There is Joy in the journey
There is Joy in the goal !!!
-- Oh Yeah --

No greater joy then hard work !

Best movie ever.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, rideforever said:

Well, what would you like to do instead ?   Save the world ?!

Every day is another picnic with a mix of ingredients; one imperfect moment after another, but smile and be the sunshine, then do your wonderful best and sing the whole way through !

Useless, worthless meaningless ?
Just smile to your colleagues, make them coffee and let them know that we are one together, one great family, one great journey.  We help each other with our ventures projects and journeys.   Sometimes we help others sometimes others help us. 

There is joy in the beginning, there is joy in the journey, there is joy in the goal.

Every job is worth doing well !   Be grateful for work, even if it is digging a trench only to fill it back up.   What joy !!!   It's so great to be alive, to breathe ... give me that shovel, I'm Up !!!

And there is a time to buy the boss a Caramel Machiatto tell him a few jokes to cheer him and mention that twice as much could be done if xyz.

And if not join a new venture with new people and a new horizon stretching out joyously to receive the sweat of your brow, and say goodbye with great love for all that has been achieved, in a world where the 5 elements turn endlessly, the fields ploughed under and under, and under again ... yet there is a harvest.

In our hearts.

Gross.

I would just think about the money, and what you wanna do with it. And how it feels when you do that thing you wanna do with that money. And then do the job. With that in mind. And take it to heart.

Whats happens after that, is the natural evolution of your freedom. If you don't even enjoy the thought of your own freedom, how can you allow the freedom that you are moving towards? Right? 

Just like in that movie. He knew what he had in mind, and he made it happen, why? Because it was on his mind a long time! He's been thinking about that freedom for a long time. So the moment he had seen a path towards it, he recognized it instantly, as the path of least resistance, and there he created his own freedom, in the blink of an eye, without even giving second thought, that's how easy and effortless it is. He allowed himself to be who it is he truely is again. He found a way to allow himself to be fully who he is, and that is the true freedom we all seek. It is the freedom from resistance. The freedom from the thought that causes discord within you. The freedom of being in alignment with who it is you truely are and all that this life has allowed you to become.

So it is easy for you to acknowledge you are perceiving this condition of your life and feeling bad. But you did not come here into this life in order to perceive the conditions that other people have created, because if you did, you would feel good by perceiving it. So you realise, then if that condition feels bad, it does not belong to you, so what would feel better, what is more in alignment with your purpose here and now? Only you can tell and know, because only you can think and feel how what you are thinking feels the way it feels and why it feels that way.

So now with freedom in mind, simply feel the freedom, you can first imagine freedom what it would be like maybe in your imagination, for the purpose of feeling it as fully as you can possibly allow yourself to feel it, and then once you feel the freedom, now look at the conditions of your life, and find those conditions that feels THE MOST like that freedom you feel, and follow through with it, as best you can, untill you can take it no further, and keep doing that, untill untill you've simply got all the freedom you seek. And there is your answer. Simply start small, and grow big. I know it may sound funny, but sometimes, opening a window feels most like freedom, that is literally the guidance of your greater non-physical consciousness. Not a joke. By opening that window, you will have started something, that will lead in the greatest and highest freedom unlike any of which has ever been seen or ever has been, and certainly one FAR GREATER than you can ever possibly imagine. Because your soul really is that infinitely intelligent.

• Like 1