Kar3n

PSA- Frying pans and shrinkage

https://trib.al/ihpIda7

Nonstick frying pans can make your penis smaller, study says

Researchers examined 383 male high-school students, including 212 who had been exposed to PFCs, in northeast Italy, through June 2017 and May. They took participant’s blood to measure sexual hormones, examined semen samples, and yes, took several measurements on their growers, including length, circumference, testicular volume and anogenital distance (otherwise known as, ahem, the Ken Doll region).

Researchers examined 383 male high-school students, including 212 who had been exposed to PFCs, in northeast Italy, through June 2017 and May. They took participant’s blood to measure sexual hormones, examined semen samples, and yes, took several measurements on their growers, including length, circumference, testicular volume and anogenital distance (otherwise known as, ahem, the Ken Doll region).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know it´s all in the interest of science, but, if I was a highschooler, I think I´d skip that study.  The information is great though: non-stick pans bad, very bad.  What cookware do you guys recommend for general (not just penile) health?  I´ve heard good things about ceramic cookware.  Any particular recommendations?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nonstick frying pans can make your penis smaller, study says

Why would anyone put their penis in a frying pan, non-stick or otherwise?

Is this a new make-it-hot internet challenge or something??

Edited by rene
add quote, makes joke funnier :)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I know it´s all in the interest of science, but, if I was a highschooler, I think I´d skip that study.  The information is great though: non-stick pans bad, very bad.  What cookware do you guys recommend for general (not just penile) health?  I´ve heard good things about ceramic cookware.  Any particular recommendations?

Haha.. ceramic is good..cast iron. Im sure theres more 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm going to have to research this more, because I use nonstick pots and pans.

I previously read something about how certain versions of PFAs are harmful while others aren't. Briefly reading the research article about this little penis issue, it seems that when they speak of "PFAs" they're mostly speaking about PFOA.

The Ozeri Stone Earth pans don't contain PFOA (and also don't contain PFOS), and other chemicals. They seem pretty safe.

Still, it's important if using nonstick to keep the temp below a certain number, which the manufacturer says. And to never scratch them...use wooden and plastic utensils with them. They very easily scratch with metal (I did it, when mimicking Jacques Pepin).

What cookware do you guys recommend

Stainless steel pots and pans are good (for the most part). I found out a trick...when you just finished cooking but it's still on the heat and has some stuff stuck to it, pour in some white vinegar. All the stuck stuff will come right up, and will be easy to clean. Acids have a reaction with the very surface layer of steel which makes it release stuck food.

Also for stainless steel, things don't stick in the first place when heat is higher and there's oil.

I knew someone who had a glass pot for the stovetop, which he used to cook his Chinese herbs in. It was pretty cool! I think glass must be considered the safest (except for when it explodes).

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 7

With frying pans coated in some chemical substance (that are known as non-stick), they seem to deteriorate over time with the chemical substance disappearing.   

Into your food.

Likewise when you use plastic as a container for food, especially hot liquids, then the liquid tastes a little different, because you are consuming the container as it dissolves.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Those non-stick pans give me the creeps.

I use stainless and cast iron.  My wife has one non stick pan and I've been gently sharing info and concerns on it to small effect.  Perhaps I share this study in ear shot of our 13 year old and I may have the leverage I need to get her to do a test release of it with his concerned stare :)   It hasn't been defended the way cow's milk was when I first started working on losing that... :ph34r:

For cleanup I heartily echo Aetherous' suggestion regarding white vinegar, which is perhaps the most amazingly effective and safe cleaner/stripper I've encountered; and after working in the prop industry (film not boats) for decades,  I've used dozens of various cleaners.   White vinegar is my go to.

Effective enough to strip decades of rust off high carbon steel in a matter of 24=36 hours.  After soaking the rust flakes off in your hand and tasty in a cucumber salad.  It's genius.

I distill our tap water for all our cooking and drinking and the residue left in the unit builds up quite quicky into a dense hard mineral crust due to the heat of the unit.  After six to eight runs, I let the unit rest for a day while soaking the bottom in a half inch of white distilled vinegar.  The minerals literally wipe out with a papertowel when I'm ready for the next set.

We also keep a spray bottle in the kitchen and use it on the sinks, counters and cutting boards as a back up to soap cleans.

Edited by silent thunder
fix link, remove a sentence.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

With frying pans coated in some chemical substance (that are known as non-stick), they seem to deteriorate over time with the chemical substance disappearing.   

Into your food.

Likewise when you use plastic as a container for food, especially hot liquids, then the liquid tastes a little different, because you are consuming the container as it dissolves.

Yeah.  We have transitioned to primarily stainless steel and a couple high quality ceramic items for cooking and baking, and glass for storage. 

The lower quality ceramic we initially transitioned to also chipped. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

For cleanup I heartily echo Aetherous' suggestion regarding white vinegar, which is perhaps the most amazingly effective and safe cleaner/stripper I've encountered; and after working in the prop industry (film not boats) for decades,  I've used dozens of various cleaners.   White vinegar is my go to.

Effective enough to strip decades of rust off high carbon steel in a matter of 24=36 hours.  After soaking the rust flakes off in your hand and tasty in a cucumber salad.  It's genius.

I distill our tap water for all our cooking and drinking and the residue left in the unit builds up quite quicky into a dense hard mineral crust due to the heat of the unit.  After six to eight runs, I let the unit rest for a day while soaking the bottom in a half inch of white distilled vinegar.  The minerals literally wipe out with a papertowel when I'm ready for the next set.

We also keep a spray bottle in the kitchen and use it on the sinks, counters and cutting boards as a back up to soap cleans.

Speaking of cleaning things - sorry this is definitely off topic now, but for mold that keeps coming back such as in the bathroom or kitchen, the best thing I've found is to buy a new bottle of clorox regular bleach. Very important that it's brand new, because sometimes it doesn't work if it's the bottle you have beneath your sink...maybe bleach loses its effectiveness once opened for a while.

Put it half and half with water into an empty spray bottle. Then spray it on the moldy area, let it sit 15 minutes, then scrub it down with a brush and spray it off with water. If it's still there, repeat until it goes away. For me (both when I was an apartment manager, as well as helping out at my parents' inn), it usually vanishes the first time. Once I did it 3 times in a row, and it was still discolored...but it vanished after I did it one more time the day after.

Good to wear a mask and have ventilation when using bleach. It's not the safest stuff...but this is the most effective way to eliminate mold (such as in a shower) that I've found. This method also works if you have a wood floor that animals have peed on, just mop the floor with 50:50 bleach water, then mop the bleach away.

Okay, back to talking about little penises and frying pans now, sorry...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also if you’ve used something harsh like bleach on your tub and tiles it’s wise to reseal the grout later. I once had some grout corrode and fall out so eventually water built up behind the tiles, making the problem a hundred times worse.

Back to pans, i too have had a natural suspicion of nonstick stuff for a long time, and only use one for eggs and on a lower temperature. Never ever cook in a microwave let alone plastic even if only cause the food comes out crappy, lol, but sure there are chemical and um, virile, benefits as well. The nose knows!

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

Good to wear a mask and have ventilation when using bleach. It's not the safest stuff...but this is the most effective way to eliminate mold (such as in a shower) that I've found. This method also works if you have a wood floor that animals have peed on, just mop the floor with 50:50 bleach water, then mop the bleach away.

Definitely on the ventilation. A hydrogen peroxide solution also works and is easier on the respiratory system. It did however require a wee bit more elbow grease. 

As for animal urine, I found that apple cider vinegar worked better at eliminating lingering oder.. bleach doesn't seem to break down the stinky enzymes in the same way. 

Okay, back to talking about little penises and frying pans now, sorry...

:lol:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rene said:

Why would anyone put their penis in a frying pan, non-stick or otherwise?

Is this a new make-it-hot internet challenge or something??

Sorry couldn’t take the heat had to get out of the kitchen.🥵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Sorry couldn’t take the heat had to get out of the kitchen.🥵

It’s the latest craze in “retention.” Somebody mistranslated “cooking jing in the cauldron”

• Haha 5

What do you folks think about cast iron? I have three concerns about it. 1) The idea of "seasoning" it with what's essentially rancid oils coated onto the pan. 2) Old food not ever being fully scrubbed off of it. I think people use sea salt and kind of rub that around...but it's nothing like using detergent and really feeling like the pan is clean with your hands, like with stainless steel. 3) Do we really need all that iron getting into our systems?

However, in terms of making food as palatable and enjoyable as possible, nothing beats cooking eggs, hash browns, bacon, bell peppers, etc (whatever else you like) in a cast iron pan over a fire when camping. There's something about it that just works a lot better than anything else in that situation.

Honestly I think it is an old technology that belongs in the past. 

UNLESS you have the time and desire to really care for it properly. Every Cast Iron I ever used rusted on me and living in Florida on the East coast not far from the Atlantic Ocean Salt is present in the air even miles away.

I freely admit I love cast Iron but being born in the age and convenience of Stainless Steel it is impossible to go backwards.

• Like 1

Large trucks and sport cars are also known to make men's penises smaller as well. Cold swimming pools are a disaster for men. The Greeks and their statues reflect how a small penis is admirable...more than likely there wisdom and art had Chinese influence.

Hot steamy Environments like living in Africa has the effect of making very large penises.

Non stick pans scares men out of the kitchen encouraging gender bias as acceptable.

Kar3n you are a very naughty girl.... AND showing me pictures of more than one pie at a time is hitting below the belt. Your husband must be a lucky guy. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Aetherous said:

What do you folks think about cast iron? I have three concerns about it. 1) The idea of "seasoning" it with what's essentially rancid oils coated onto the pan. 2) Old food not ever being fully scrubbed off of it. I think people use sea salt and kind of rub that around...but it's nothing like using detergent and really feeling like the pan is clean with your hands, like with stainless steel. 3) Do we really need all that iron getting into our systems?

However, in terms of making food as palatable and enjoyable as possible, nothing beats cooking eggs, hash browns, bacon, bell peppers, etc (whatever else you like) in a cast iron pan over a fire when camping. There's something about it that just works a lot better than anything else in that situation.

I wash my cast iron with very hot water while the pan is still pretty warm and use those green Scotch Brite heavy duty scrubbing pads.

It is important to dry your cast iron  thouroughly over fairly high heat before rubbing the inside down with a small amount oil. The heat should take care of any bacteria.

I always heat my skillets and wipe them down with a napkin before using them to take care of excess oil or bacteria.

I've cooked in cast iron since I was a child. I nor my family have ever been iron deficient nor have we been ill from using it.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Kar3n you are a very naughty girl.... AND showing me pictures of more than one pie at a time is hitting below the belt. Your husband must be a lucky guy. 

I am still tapping into my naughtiness. Who knew at my age there was still uncharted naughty territory to traverse?

I'm thinking this very sexy, apple pie sweater will enhance your wardrobe perfectly and tantalize your senses in the way only warm, cozy pie can!

20190414_083706.jpg.c82a9e4166e41f8e7cc244ebc0dc8015.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

hmnn sounds like I should start using the PSA frying pans. 

My pants would fit better, walk smoother, less back pain, and no more feeling woozy after erections (due to lack of blood)..

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Aetherous said:

The bigger the wok, the bigger the _______.

Looks like he's using a dang rocket engine as a stove!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

Looks like he's using a dang rocket engine as a stove!

Jet fuel adds flavor.

• Haha 1

Jet fuel adds flavor.

It's the latest craze in waidan,

That study must have been done by some british best scientists.

I remember their legendary study that eating burger once / twice a week makes your Iq grow by 5/10 points.