17 hours ago, thelerner said:

Most of the time having Kindness as a default is a good idea.  Hopefully basic intelligence warns us in cases when things are off.   If one is constantly being nasty and thinking they're really being deep, it may be a sign their ego's taken over. 

I've found strong competent people to be as kind or kinder then weaker less competent ones.  I think its because they can afford to be.  Nastiness can be a defense mechanism brought on by fear, conditioning and wanting to score imaginary points. 

I try to be kind but not to overdo it.  So I like to keep a balance.

For instance if I see an old or disabled person struggling to get across a busy road.  I'll help them half way across.

• Haha 6

The few accomplished sages I know aren't into judging people.  Its not there bag.  Thankfully I have ordinary friends who are willing to tell me when I'm full of shit.  Which generally doesn't take much mystic insight. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Apech said:

I try to be kind but not to overdo it.  So I like to keep a balance.

For instance if I see an old or disabled person struggling to get across a busy road.  I'll help them half way across.

I like helping the disabled cross the road ....

... when they dont want to .

They put up a struggle and that makes them look even MORE disabled ... then peeps  watching  be thinking I doing a good job and being REALLY patient and helpful  !

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1