27 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

Moderators take note. You really need to get your heads together, this place is turning into a swamp.

There are certain individuals here who bring nothing to the table.

Nothing constructive, nothing about life experiences or practices or anything to do with the Dao.

This is supposed to be a discussion forum, not a social media platform where people are shot down because of opinions and viewpoints.

We all know who they are.

Sort it out please.

Who are you talking about? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

I won't name them here, or in a PM. Simply because I don't know who's friendly with who etc.

Fine, but don't expect them to search the entire site , to find out who's posts bother you .

Personally ,I figure ,  if you really want to have something done to rectify an injustice or some specific case of an abuse , you will end up needing to point out the offense. Staff is pretty fair here , unless somebody racks up a record of being a problem. 

Either they know already who it is you mean, and their preference would already be a concern for you ,  ( if they had it) , or its a mystery and you're leveling a vague accusation about everyone and implying that staff doesn't do a proper job of moderating it. ( which they wouldn't be inclined to agree with , because they already do a good one)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Moderators take note.

There are a handful of people who think TDB should be just like they want it to be.

They should be immediately banned.

That's all, thank you for reading.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rene said:

There are a handful of people who think TDB should be just like they want it to be.

They should be immediately banned.

And the entire forum vanished suddenly!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

And the entire forum vanished suddenly!

:waves: I'll miss some of you guys. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I too would like to protest about unnamed persons posting unspecified comments on various threads.

It's outrageous and should be stopped.

I call on the moderators to take wide ranging yet undefined actions over unlimited timescales.

For goodness sake this cannot go on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

This is not the point. 

Of course it is.

You want those who you consider disruptive/non-contributing/whatever to be stifled. You have a preference as to how others should behave...and your words suggest that something of value can only be found in what you find to be of value. I dont think any of us is smart enough to know what someone else might find value in, learn from, or whatever.

Second note to moderators:

Unless there's a TOS violation going on - please continue to leave us the fuck alone. 

Thank you. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

You are traitor of mankind.

Yes. Yes I am. :D 

4 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

You are traitor of mankind.

I've reported this for a TOS violation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

I know for a fact that this is most definitely NOT the case. 

Right.

3 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Moderators take note. You really need to get your heads together, this place is turning into a swamp.

Nothing constructive, nothing about life experiences or practices or anything to do with the Dao.

This is supposed to be a discussion forum, not a social media platform where people are shot down because of opinions and viewpoints.

We all know who they are.

Sort it out please.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Who are you talking about? 

Yesterday's kerfuffle: 

The guessing game can be fun, but I still like context. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Where does the lotus grow?

I've yet to meet somebody who doesn't bring anything to the table - even if I choose not to ingest (internalize) what they've presented. 

Please explain how what you're suggesting differs from what you're taking a stand against. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have a solution! 

1) Ban everyone. 

2) Allow only persons that have a generation number in a traditional chinese method to become members. 

Problem solved. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

Having a difference in opinions is what makes us unique as individuals. Disagreeing about things is also of course valuable. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. But it's another thing to be told that your opinion has no value, that you are wrong, that you don't matter, and when you try to point out the error of someone's way of communicating this to you, it doesn't seem to get through.

It's hard to express in words accurately what you mean. Sometimes there is confusion, misinterpretation and a misunderstanding.

When people follow you around in different threads just to have a pop, that's trolling.

Yes, it's trolling - but it can also be of value to you... if you take the opportunity to explore why you let some idiot's behavior bait you or bother you so much... or, you could just put them on Ignore. That's what I do, lol. Idiots don't bother me; I just choose to not spend energy on pages and pages of hooey. B) 

• Like 2

At first I thought I would just stay out of this discussion because I am relatively new here. But, that is precisely the reason I think I need to speak up. I have learned so much in the time that I have been here and I have gained so much encouragement to move forward on my current path. I feel like I'm starting to make some friends here and am so thankful for the advice that some have taken the time to give me through PM.

I would be very sad to see knowledgeable, experienced people leave because of a few trolls. Hopefully I'm not giving myself too much credit here, but I think it's pretty easy to spot a troll and their BS. Can I ask why people just don't ignore their BS and not respond to them? What do trolls want most? ATTENTION. Am I wrong to think that if you just ignore them they will go away. As long as they are not inciting violence there is no need to ban them, just don't encourage them.

Edited by escott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

But it's another thing to be told that your opinion has no value, that you are wrong,

And a member that has done that has just left the bums. More than one has called him valuable. 

• Like 1

Whatever you do in the pursuit of truth or reality takes you away from your own very natural state in which you always are. It’s not something you can acquire, attain or accomplish as a result of your effort. All that you do makes it impossible for what already is there to express itself. That is why I call this your natural state. You’re always in that state. What prevents what is there from expressing itself in its own way is the search. The search is always in the wrong direction, so all that you consider very profound, all that you consider sacred, is a contamination in that consciousness. You may not [Laughs] like the word contamination but all that you consider sacred, holy and profound is a contamination. There’s nothing that you can do, it’s not in your hands. This is something which I can’t give because you have it. It is ridiculous to ask for a thing which you already have. There isn’t anything to get from anybody. You have what I have. I say you are there.

UG Krishnamurti

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, escott said:

At first I thought I would just stay out of this discussion because I am relatively new here. But, that is precisely the reason I think I need to speak up. I have learned so much in the time that I have been here and I have gained do much encouragement to move forward on my current path. I feel like I'm starting to make some friends here and am so thankful for the advice that some have taken the time to give me through PM.

I would be very sad to see knowledgeable, experienced people leave because of a few trolls. Hopefully I'm not giving myself too much credit here, but I think it's pretty easy to spot a troll and their BS. Can I ask why people just don't ignore their BS and not respond to them? What do trolls want most? ATTENTION. Am I wrong to think that if you just ignore them they will go away. As long as they are not inciting violence there is no need to ban them, just don't encourage them.

Hi escott - belated welcome to TDB! Glad you are enjoying the forum; it is a unique place indeed. :) 

I agree with you, trolls and BS are easy to spot. It might be some folks like to engage with them, for a variety of reasons. Their own buttons got pushed; or cat&mouse practice; or nothing better going on in the forum...there are slow times, sometimes.

In my opinion, IF a 'knowledgeable, experienced' person left JUST BECAUSE of a troll - that person probably needed a break from posting for a while and may or may not come back. Some of us have been doing this, here and elsewhere, for decades and after a while it's just the same thing over and over...lol. As you've discovered - there are still many good folks around, and some of us will never leave...haunting TDB appropriately. B)

It's all good. Even when it's not.

Warm greetings!

• Like 3