Sign in to follow this  
welkin

My Story - Answers Wanted

Hello, welkin, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Welkin,

Welcome. Thanks for the intro, it was nice to read your story.  I don't have too many answers, but I can share my thoughts.  I would follow your instincts and let the path unfold for you.  It seems your being drawn to the spiritual side of stuff for some reason, and it's lead you this far.  If you do get into healing, just make sure it is for the other person's sake and not your own (a common trap to fall into). :) 

I hope you enjoy!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin 

Thanks for being honest with your story.  my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.. You seem to be caught in a manic cycle of accomplishment then self sabotage.  Perhaps one way to break out of the highs and lows is to aim lower.  Stop worrying about the world or big accomplishments but work on smaller foundational goals.  Perhaps less pot, more sustainable work, cultivation, friend balance. 

For awhile, do good, not great, be steady.  No millions, no John Chang, just steady simple practice for awhile.  Stronger foundation; no crashing or dramas for a long time, then once steady go after a big goal. 

7 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Hello, welkin, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Welkin,

Welcome. Thanks for the intro, it was nice to read your story.  I don't have too many answers, but I can share my thoughts.  I would follow your instincts and let the path unfold for you.  It seems your being drawn to the spiritual side of stuff for some reason, and it's lead you this far.  If you do get into healing, just make sure it is for the other person's sake and not your own (a common trap to fall into). :) 

I hope you enjoy!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin 

Thank you for your words Fa Xin. I ask myself weekly if not daily, if my intentions are good. And then if the intentions are even honest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Be.

I understand. Seems to be the message of my life.

Thank you

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Thanks for being honest with your story.  my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.. You seem to be caught in a manic cycle of accomplishment then self sabotage.  Perhaps one way to break out of the highs and lows is to aim lower.  Stop worrying about the world or big accomplishments but work on smaller foundational goals.  Perhaps less pot, more sustainable work, cultivation, friend balance. 

For awhile, do good, not great, be steady.  No millions, no John Chang, just steady simple practice for awhile.  Stronger foundation; no crashing or dramas for a long time, then once steady go after a big goal. 

You hit the nail right on the head. Not easy to do this, or at least keep this in motion because of who i am and what i'm dealing with, but i will continually work on this until i find more peace within myself.

Thank you

• Like 1

The up and down, manic and then self sabotage ... this is a common pattern.   It will not be easy to "find balance" when this is inside you.  That's why I put up the IFS stuff, which is a way to understand the different parts of you, one an upper, one a downer etc... and then heal all that stuff.   And there are many other techniques doing the same thing.

18 hours ago, welkin said:

You hit the nail right on the head.

If I did its because I been there.  Good luck to you. 

Keep your head above water and sooner or later you get the ground you need to be at. 

Sign in to follow this