Sign in to follow this  
lifeforce

Deleted

No matter how often it occurs, it still floors me with shock when I encounter words from another, whether spoken now, decades or sometimes even centuries before, that seem to exactly resonate and reflect the shifting flow of unfolding awareness in my current condition.

Thanks for sharing lifeforce.  Synchronicity and Gratitude mate.

https://sarmoung.wordpress.com/2010/09/18/the-natural-state-in-the-words-of-u-g-krishnamurti-by-peter-maverick/

-".. You are not going to reach your goal of completely controlling your thought. Thought has to function in its own way, in its disconnected, disjointed way. That is something which cannot be brought about through any effort of yours. It has to fall into its normal rhythm. Even if you want to make it fall into a normal rhythm, you are adding momentum to that. It has a life of its own which has, unfortunately, established a parallel life within the movement of life. These two are always in conflict. That will come to an end only when the body comes to an end.

Thought has become the master of this body. Thought has totally mastered the whole thing. It is still trying to control everything that is there. You don’t have to do a thing. You are not separate from that, that’s all I am emphasizing. You cannot separate yourself from the thought and say, “These are my thoughts.” That is the illusion you have, and you cannot be without any illusion. You always replace one illusion with another illusion; always.

You accept that you are always replacing one illusion with another illusion, so your wanting to be free from illusion is an impossibility. That itself is an illusion. Why do you want to be free from illusions? That’s the end of you. It’s not that I am frightening you, I am just pointing out that it is not just a lighthearted game to play. That is you, you as you know yourself. When that knowledge you have of yourself is not there any more, the knowledge you have about the world also is not there any more, it can’t be there any more. It is not going to come to an end that easily. It will always be replaced by another illusion.

You don’t want to be a normal person. You don’t want to be an ordinary person. That is really the problem. It is the most difficult thing to be an ordinary person. Culture demands you must be something other than what you are. That has created a certain momentum, a powerful movement of thought. You can use it to achieve something, otherwise it has no use. You can build a tremendous philosophical structure of thought, but that has no value at all. You can interpret any event, but thought is not intended for that. At the same time, you forget that everything you have around you is the creation of thought. You are yourself born out of thought, otherwise you would not be here at all. In that sense it has value. Yet it is the very thing that destroys you. That’s the paradox.

Everything that you have created in this world has become possible through the help of thought, but unfortunately, that very thing has become the enemy because you are using thought for purposes for which it is not intended. It can be used for solving the technical problems very well and efficiently but it cannot be used to solve the problems of life. Anything that does not suggest your positive thinking you call it negative. But positive and negative are only in the field of your thinking. When the thought is not there it is neither positive nor negative. As I was saying, there is no such thing as a negative approach at all. It’s a gimmick.-"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

He had a painful episode that he refers to as "The Calamity", which followed some intensive seeker and exploration with different techniques.   After this episode he was completely changed, and in these discussions UG describes his new state.

But it does not follow that by listening to them on youtube you will enter the state, that does not follow, and you might be deluded to think you understand but you don't you are in totally the wrong place.

It would be more sensible to conclude that you would have to do exactly what he had done (search intensively trying many techniques) before you arrive in his state.

After watching that video and reading most of that linked text, I thought the same. He seems to propose a 'method of no methods' to reach his natural state, basically saying its fruitless to consciously try to reach that state.  But it seems like it's easy to say once you've already reached/entered the natural state, with the awareness and view that would entail.  

• Like 1

I always felt UG was an example of what happened when a crotchety old man got Enlightenment.

'Off my lawn, you damn seekers'  - stern crazy wise, loveable despite himself. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Well ... don't listen to me, join The Lerner and take the path of straw dogs like the others.

Who cares.

Join The Lerner.. for a beer maybe. 

Your path has to be your path. 

We're all cutting and pasting here.

There are things to learn from UG, rideforever..

they both have that crotchety thing going..

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:04 PM, thelerner said:

Join The Lerner.. for a beer maybe. 

May I have a glass of wine and sit with you guys for a bit?

Your path has to be your path. 

Honestly, I think this is what rideforever has been pointing towards since he arrived at the bums, and that it even underlies his posts in this thread. 

What he may be missing is the natural affinity to words that resonate with personal experience. 

they both have that crotchety thing going..

:ph34r:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

UG has inspired me to take up the non-practice of zazen once again. It is something I did a long time ago before my shaktipat/kundalini episode sent me on a completely different path. 

It's been an oddly familiar and recurring revelation to me in the last decade, as I've come to explore various other lineages and paths, incorporate a variety of teachings and experiences, that my default process seems to most closely mirror zazen and the sudden enlightenment school.

Its tenets as described in the sources I've encountered describe processes that seem to be a steady undercurrent of my natural approach to life and looking back I perceive it to underly all the other paths I have sought out or fallen into naturally; without ever seeking it out, or for much of my life, even knowing it was a path of study shared by millions with a long history it seems my default..

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 4:39 PM, thelerner said:

'Off my lawn, you damn seekers'  - stern crazy wise, loveable despite himself. 

"I've nothing to offer that isn't already inside you, so why do you look to me instead of within?"

It's a lovely sunny day here, and every once in awhile the wind kicks up. This thread, and what you previously quoted, reminds me that thought is soo very much like the wind. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this