Sign in to follow this  
HaPPyMaraXXus

Music

There was a thread long ago that I think GT had started, asking about "what kind of music do ya'll listen to"...something like that

here's a sweet little band that I like to check out in Cincinnati and Dayton (they do a 1 night concert at each every year the day before and the day after Thanksgiving) Great guys, they are. Lots of raw talent. Unfortunately, they do not do other states.

you can check them out here

The best album is "Awkwardsville" by far. The only other one that has an albumful of great songs is "Live at Ripleys" which is a 2 discer with about 30 tracks. If anyone would like a copy, I would be more than willing to send it out...just give me a PM to let me know.

Anyone else have some suggestions??? New stuff they'd like to share??

LDAPN,

-Jessica

I'm really diggin' track 6 on Gwen Stefani's new CD. It's called "Luxurious" ... check it out. You have to play it really loud. And in your car. Preferably when really high and on a Friday night while driving extraordinarily fast over the Bay Bridge into a horizon of city lights to go to a party with your hott girlfriend who happens to be wearing a mini skirt. ^_^

Yo Sean, that sounds pretty darn specific, there!!!

Well, since I do not have a hottie girlfriend (and I bet you fella's would want a pic of THAT one, wouldn't ya?) ;) I guess I will have to settle for checking that out and jammin' it in my black GT and heading towards the Great Smoky Mts.

(I like riding solo anyway)...

remember to keep those buns movin'...ya taobums!

-Jessica

Jessica, here you go, I just made you a "virtual mix" ...

belle and sebastian - expectations

mum - we have a map of the piano

deerhoof - dummy discards a heart

fischerspooner - emerge

cranes - are you gone?

aphex twin - windowlicker

radiohead - there there

hope sandoval - down the steps

deadboy and the elephantmen - graves beyond windows

boards of canada - alpha and omega

cat power - colors and the kids

There was a thread long ago that I think GT had started, asking about "what kind of music do ya'll listen to"...something like that

here's a sweet little band that I like to check out in Cincinnati and Dayton (they do a

3310[/snapback]

If youre in Ohio you should know ekoostik Hoohah, if not you should check them out. Great band, incredible players, great grooves.

http://www.ekoostik.com/

They are a lot different than the bears, but maybe you can get into them.

Also, though not related to Ohio, Umphree's McGee is a great band that should be seen live if in your area.

enjoy

DustWalker top 10 Cosmic Techhouse Style (no particular order)

Run Jeremy's Band - Windowlicker (X-rated Lick)

If youre in Ohio you should know ekoostik Hoohah, if not you should check them out.  Great band, incredible players, great grooves.

http://www.ekoostik.com/

They are a lot different than the bears, but maybe you can get into them. 

Also, though not related to Ohio, Umphree's McGee is a great band that should be seen live if in your area. 

enjoy

3460[/snapback]

here is a short list of my favorite bands/artists...

sigur ros

aphex twin

cat power

bjork

granddaddy

laurie anderson

Sign in to follow this