dlao

Yijing for meditation

I have heard before on occasions we can use the book of change for meditation and healing I'm curious how to do that 

is there a starting guide text (possibly of ancient times translated in English)?

Edited by dlao

There is a correspondence between the trigrams and specific body parts/organs. You can use this connection to help collect information about illness and possible cures. I'm sure someone here is skilled at TCM and can give you a detailed description.

I tend towards the cerebral in my practice. That's something I am continuously struggling to avoid. That said, the I Ching provides a nice balance between cerebral and visceral experience. It's not uncommon for me to spend many hours pouring over a reading, letting the hexagram sit with me as I turn the images, judgments, and changing lines over in my mind while allowing myself to feel the relationships between the component trigrams and individual lines. I suppose you could call that a form of meditation.

Wilhelm's version of the I Ching is quite detailed and includes much supplemental data. If you don't have a copy of that translation in your library then I highly recommend getting a copy.

• Like 1

thanks for sharing your thoughts

I'm inclined to do a similar thing sometimes getting carried away for hours and get doubts about my own interpretations which I want to be correct in a way but my knowledge is probably worst at best when it comes to healing or getting insight through meditation

I had the Wilhelm version for most part of my life but changed to a different version I found the Wilhelm version a bit too much European and wanted to get more down towards the daoist goodies instead connecting dots

it's very difficult for me

• Like 1

am I seriously the only person in the entire world that treats 'em as direct expressions :lol:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, joeblast said:

am I seriously the only person in the entire world that treats 'em as direct expressions :lol:

Yes 😁

Well, no, but everybody that does that have different approaches. But your description in your ppd is excellent. 

Bruce Frantzis have an I Ching meditation, but the focus there is on getting to the empty space in the middle of the bagwa. 

Elliott:Wuji qigong and the secret of Immortality, also have a practice. And you can discuss whether it is complete or not😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Yes 😁

Well, no, but everybody that does that have different approaches. But your description in your ppd is excellent. 

Bruce Frantzis have an I Ching meditation, but the focus there is on getting to the empty space in the middle of the bagwa. 

Elliott:Wuji qigong and the secret of Immortality, also have a practice. And you can discuss whether it is complete or not😁

hehe, for the pre heaven bagua, you can think something like sfq's merging of yin and yang inside of me framework there :D

yijing is an alchemy codex of sorts, but one needs a foundation (i.e. flux in energy centers) in order to execute its patterns - the huo hou tu depicts it pretty well.

• Like 1