exorcist_1699

Polishing qi among the crowd

Some people think that qi is cultivated by getting away from the crowd or hiding in the innermost of the mountains may not be true.

Qi, in fact , not only can be cultivated in a secret, private place , but also among the crowd. For every mocking you return it with a smile ; every other people's disaster ,you try stretching out your help hand; every plot against you , you return it with forgiveness...all these do upgrade and expand your qi . This is the reason why Laotse is aslo called "Dao Da (virtue) Jing" .

It may sound strange to many people , qi is , in fact , the basis of virtues.

Same as a marathon runner who deliberately train himself on the plateau, a taoist can polish his qi in the society, a place full of temptations , accusations and dangers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

you try stretching out your help hand; every plot against you , you return it with forgiveness...all these do upgrade and expand your qi .

Exorcist that is quite deep. What school you belong to?

Thanks.

Hi. Procurator,

I do not belong to any school ; the original idea is even not mine. I think it just tells you the influence of Confucian qigong on taoist practice ,which , is positive for most of us really can't get away from the society.

The taoist masters also think that only after our cultivation having reached quite a high level , will we then be forced to retreat into the deep mountains. Without having ourselves"tortured" in the society , it will likely that we get "it " in the deep mountains , and lose" it" after returning to the society;

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

I'm a crowd man myself.

We used o go to an ashram to meditate, thought we could get away from it all.

There was always someone to contend with or some noise or heavy machinery .

If you can be steady in a crowd you can be steady anywhere.

The goal is to be in meditation 24/7

Animals do make a racket in the country :)

• Thanks 1

Some people think that qi is cultivated by getting away from the crowd or hiding in the innermost of the mountains may not be true.

Qi, in fact , not only can be cultivated in a secret, private place , but also among the crowd. For every mocking you return it with a smile ; every other people's disaster ,you try stretching out your help hand; every plot against you , you return it with forgiveness...all these do upgrade and expand your qi . This is the reason why Laotse is aslo called "Dao Da (virtue) Jing" .

It may sound strange to many people , qi is , in fact , the basis of virtues.

Same as a marathon runner who deliberately train himself on the plateau, a taoist can polish his qi in the society, a place full of temptations , accusations and dangers.

Nice post!

Be a bit careful how you define 德 (de), however. It is not a simple word to translate into English and I've read some interesting scholarly debate over what the intention of the character is in Dao De Jing.

I did come across some strange figures when I was traveling across China.... anyway, I mainly rely on reading the taoist and Zen Buddhist classics thoroughly and personal cultivation .

Hi,   rainbowvein ,thanks.  This is a post I wrote many years ago and even I  already forgot I had ever written something like this  .  I think it is a topic deserves more discussion although the original copy was written in   clumsy English .

It is said that qi  is a portable expertise (" 隨身本事" ) that we can bring along with us wherever we go ;  it lets us not  only not bow  to the powerful and rich , cure other people at our own will , but  also  protects  us from diseases, cold and fierce beasts .  Carrying such a powerful energy /weapon inside  us  is wonderful ,  yet also dangerous , so virtue becomes something  indispensable  to confine it .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 3

On 17-2-2008 at 11:20 AM, exorcist_1699 said:

a place full of temptations , accusations and dangers.

you got it all perfectly written down, but change this last piece to "a place full of virtues, that is ment to be allowed to be realised by you, for you, as you, through you, with you, etc. Evermore here and now. In full allowed harmony with the Source of All Creation.

Then you can see beyond the "physical conditions" which are simply very often energetic states of being which have not yet been allowed to come back to full realisation, and will be allowed to do so EVERMORE. of their evermore here and now being and becoming, in evermore greater allowed realisation of their evermore greater allowed natural state of being in evermore greater allowed joys of being and becoming evermore freely, and naturally and effortlessly and joyously, evermore allowed being and evermore allowed becoming, here and now. Physical and non-physical hand in hand, as one, together. In full allowed harmony. As your natural state of being. Indicated by your emotional guidance system, as that good feeling positive emotion, whatever you wish to call it. It simply feels very good. Because it is compatible with your true nature of being. As a total fully realised being, in full harmony with all being and becoming evermore, as one and all as one, physical and non-physical fully here and now coming together, meeting, coming to evermore greater allowed realisation, of evermore being and becoming, evermore fully here and now, for the joy of your evermore being and becoming, evermore here and now. As your natural path of least resistance that is the path of all existance, being and becoming evermore here and now. To come to evermore greatly allowed realisation of its own being and becoming evermore fully realised in evermore expanding alignment with the Source of All Creation.

And you can always feel very good, emotionally, unconditionally, regardless of any and all conditions, to come back into full alignment with the Source of All Creation thus then. You got acces to infinite intelligence and eternal wisdom. Evermore here and now. As your natural state of being, of joy, for the mere purpose of your evermore greater allowed being and becoming, all the joys, that you are being and becoming evermore, as all that you truely want to be do or have, evermore here and now, as your natural state of being, in full alignment and harmony with the Source of All Creation, evermore joyously allowed by you here and now. 

You allow that by feeling better emotioanlly. And if you feel better, you can allow yourself to feel better yet. Untill you do feel very good, and then you come back into full allowed harmony and realisation and alignment with the source of all creation. As your natural path of least resistance, that is your natural evermore greatly allowed being and becoming evermore. As feeling better, evermore. Emotionally, unconditionally, regardless of any and all conditions, you become a realiser of those conditions, you become a creator of those conditions, you a co-creator, a fully realised being, a blended being. Physical and Non-physical hand in hand. Your full total self allowed realisation. Evermore ongoingly, joyously, effortlessly, naturally.

As your deserving of all of this is unconditional. For you are not here to simply observe conditions, but to create them. To allow them to be evermore fully realised by you. As when you do, you come back into full harmony and alignment with the Source of All Creation. And so there is no seperation between you and all that it is being and becoming evermore here and now. So... Everything is Dao. In that moment. that you feel very good. Untill you introduce a thought of resistance again, and then you block your natural connection with all that you truely are being and becoming evermore fully here and now, and so you don't feel so very good. And so, you let it go, and you feel better again, effortlessly and naturally. And allow your natural full blown realisation of all your being and becoming evermore fully here and now in evermore greater allowed harmony and alignment with the Source of All Creation, for your joyous being and becoming evermore here and now, naturally effortlessly and joyously. Feeling very goodly, very letted goly, very allowedly. Very naturally. Very joyously. Very effortlessly. Evermore joyously. Ongoingly. Effortlessly. NAturally. Can go on and on and on forever. 

This is also your replenishing mode. Your natural state of being. And your receiving mode. Your natural state of being, in full allowed inspiration, of your own greater knowing, evermore fully here and now. That is your naturaly state of being and it feels very good. Which is also why you are always ment to be that. For you exist for your joyous being and becoming evermore here and now. You really do. You always are.