Sign in to follow this  
Sea Turtle

Klonk ...

I always wanted to be a turtle and disappear in my shell in situations like this ... entering a big room full of strangers, talking in a language that is not mine.

Klonk. (that is the noise you hear, when a turtle pulls all her legs into the shell and hits the floor with her carapace ) And then very slowly stick my head out again and look for a friendly face ...

My mother tongue is not English, so please be patient with my English. I work as a medical doctor with Traditional Chinese Medicine and have been practicing Taiji and Qigong for 35 years.

I would love to learn more about the Dao De Jing, Daoism in general, Chinese language, calligraphy and much more.

Thank you for having me!

Sea Turtle

• Like 4

Hello, Sea Turtle, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Sea Turtle,

May all the faces you see here be friendly ones.  Sounds like you have a lot to offer, and I look forward to seeing your head poke out!  Welcome :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin 

Welcome Sea Turtle
This is generally a pretty friendly place, and I, for one, am very happy to see you here, and hope you will soon feel comfortable joining the conversations that drew you here.  And hopefully some of the conversations that drew me here as well :D

• Like 1

Slowly sticking my head out again ....

Oh.

Friendly people :)

Thank you for welcoming me. This is only the second forum in my life and since I am not a digital native (far from) I still battle with finding out, how to even answer your friendly welcome. (Please don´t laugh too hard, but it took me about thirty minutes to figure out how to post my first message)

So now, I will slowly make my way through the forum, stopping now and then to nibble some grass, before poking my head in some threads or dark corners.

Happy to be here :)

Smiling to myself in the dark.

Sea Turtle

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Slowly sticking my head out again ....

Oh.

Friendly people :)

Thank you for welcoming me. This is only the second forum in my life and since I am not a digital native (far from) I still battle with finding out, how to even answer your friendly welcome. (Please don´t laugh too hard, but it took me about thirty minutes to figure out how to post my first message)

So now, I will slowly make my way through the forum, stopping now and then to nibble some grass, before poking my head in some threads or dark corners.

Happy to be here :)

Smiling to myself in the dark.

Sea Turtle

Those who talk don´t know. And those who know don´t talk.

• Like 1

Cool, so like the friendly sea turtle from Dragon Ball z.... very nice and a lot of wisdom too.

1ee95652b6aa4c9c62e5ef533e206670.jpg

What forms of Qigong do you practice ? Do you live in mainland China ?

• Like 1

Hi Sea Turtle,

Since you have a connection to Chinese culture, you surely know that the world is supported by a giant turtle? And we find the same concept in Hindu and native American mythology,so I guess it must be true...

PSM_V10_D562_The_hindoo_earth.jpg.510836604643676d507f86ad18f7fa85.jpg

Welcome to the forums! :)

Michael

• Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, Sea Turtle said:

I always wanted to be a turtle and disappear in my shell in situations like this ... entering a big room full of strangers, talking in a language that is not mine.

Klonk. (that is the noise you hear, when a turtle pulls all her legs into the shell and hits the floor with her carapace ) And then very slowly stick my head out again and look for a friendly face ...

My mother tongue is not English, so please be patient with my English. I work as a medical doctor with Traditional Chinese Medicine and have been practicing Taiji and Qigong for 35 years.

I would love to learn more about the Dao De Jing, Daoism in general, Chinese language, calligraphy and much more.

Thank you for having me!

Sea Turtle

I look forward to learning much from you!  Welcome!

Sign in to follow this