voidisyinyang

the secret of how yang qi is turned into Yuan Qi via music theory

Yesterday I discovered a secret. As I quoted the book of the Yellow Court pdf on Neidan - it states that the lungs as the source of Yang Qi are the yang number 9 and so as per the "double reversion" secret that I have been documenting - first the white of the black has to be sublimated (the yang within the fluid of the kidney). But then the yang qi mixes with the yin qi in the brain via the pineal gland, along with the yang shen and yin shen, so that the Ambrosia now has the silver mercury of the fire (the yin qi of the yang shen) along with the white as the solar reflection of the moon (the yang qi of the yin shen). So this is then returned to the lower tan t'ien to be stored as Yuan Qi - via the saliva and blood going back down the front of the body. So that means 9 x 9 as the double reversion to create yuan qi from the yang qi of the lung.

Now where else in Daoist alchemy do we also see this 9 x 9 secret of how the yang qi becomes the yuan qi? Anyone remember? OK I'll answer for you. It's the music theory secret of Daoist music harmonics! So now I gotta look that up again to review my research.

OK so first of all in the "classical chinese medicine" links I posted yesterday - an acupuncture doctor states that the secret of the 12 channels is based on the points in the head as based on 360 days from the lunar calendar of 30 days per month - as yang qi. Now again - where have we seen this? We know from Daoist alchemy that the yang qi has to go to the head to create the yang shen. One doctor thinks the secret has to do with stem cells in the brain. But again music theory provides this same secret of the solar and lunar calendar from the Lung yang qi resonance.

Tito M.Tonietti

And Yet
It Is Heard

Musical, Multilingual and
Multicultural History
of the Mathematical Sciences

Each of the 12 harmonic notes of the Chinese alchemical music scale are Qi nodes, just as in Kriya yoga, as a month of the Solar Year (the Perfect Single Yang as Perfect Fifth infinite spiral) The Yellow Emperor, Huang Ti, in 2700 BCE, told Ling Lun to create the “infinite spiral of fifths” music tuning based on the Perfect Fourth music interval as yin and the Perfect Fifth musical interval as yang, according to the 240 BCE book, Lü-shih ch’un-ch’iu (The Spring and Autumn of Lü Pu-Wei) Yang pipe became Yin, and by “increasing” the Yin pipe was transformed into Yang. In the first case, the result was a downward generation, and in the second, an upward one. Thus we find a continuous process of generation, with continuous exchanges of qualities between Yang and Yin, making clear the dynamic characteristics of the procedure followed. Each of the 12 lUlU [pipes of Perfect Fifth/Fourth] were assigned a hou [climatic season] chosen among the 24 jieqi [solar terms]. For example, Huangzhong corresponded to Dongzhi [winter solstice]; Linzhong recalled the Dashu [great heat] and so on. Furthermore, the figure indicates, together with the names of the lUlU, the 12 dizhi [earthly branches] in their relative order. Thus the first lUlU corresponds to the first dizhi, that is to say Zi [son] and so on. The dizhi were also used to indicate couples of hours during the day; for example, Zishi [time of the son] indicates the hours from 1 1.00 p.m. to 1.00 a.m., and the other dizhi follow the order of the hours

And the same truth is found in India - the spinal cord is consider the "frets" of the music instrument and the body/mind is the musical instrument as a microcosm of the 12 zodiac constellations based on turning the yin energy into yang (Perfect Fifth).

As I recently blogged - he also makes an error but in the opposite sense - he projects the 9/8 geometric mean back onto the Chinese tuning. So let's take a closer look.

Archived.

So he says that, translating the reed pipe tuning - the first pipe is the number 1 but is also the number 81 as the harmony of the Sun and Moon!!

Boom! as the kids say - or what did we used to say? Bingo! haha.

Now what does this "mean" again - as the noncommutative phase secret of reality?

Why? Because consulting the book Early Astronomy (google) 81 months and 19 years have a common division of days so the months were lunar and the years were solar. The remaining fraction past 365 days has a denominator called the "Day denominator" as 1,539. Fascinating!!

O.K. Back to our music tuning. So 81 is the lunar. He does the  math wrong - he claims it is all just year numbers with 81 as years!! No 81 is months of the Lunar energy.

Which means a Tong was actually 6.75 years (81 months) x 19 years not 1,539 YEARS but rather 128.5 which is the SAME as the Pythagorean Comma!! Holy Smokes!! So the harmonization of Sun and Moon as the first note is the Pythagorean Comma:

"The value is 129.75 as 12 steps of the fifth while the frequency of the last C as the octave is "128 times that of our starting-point, so that our twelve steps slightly overshoot the mark."

https://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2018/03/how-real-pythagorean-harmonics-solves.html

Boom!

And I have already disproven the Platonic Symmetric "Pythagorean Comma" value that is on Wikipedia and assumed to be correct by Western math professors, etc. haha.

So now we have Noncommutative phase quantum relativistic math disproving the Pythagorean Comma but ALSO revealing the secret of how Yang Qi is turned into Yuan Qi (of the Wuji).

Oh we're not done yet!

So now back to the math professor's error about the sun-moon calculations of the Chinese music scale....

OH o.k. now I get it - they are not using strings as Professor Moran claimed, but rather pipes.

So the first pipe is 9 long and the 2nd pipe is 6 long (2/3) and the third pipe is 8 long (4/3) of the 2nd pipe. That matches what Moran was trying to explain.

So now we can see what happened - Apollo was based on Hermes using a Lyre along with Orpheus - while the Pitch Pipes of Pan were discarded as supposed wild frenzy of Dionysius - of the Underworld of real alchemy!!

And yet what did Anaximander teach? That the Cosmos is created by pitch pipes or flute holes and when the air blows across them the fire and light shines out.

So then the professor explains for the Chinese the first note was Harmony of Heaven and Earth but the 2nd note was based on decreasing the circumference of the pipe along with the length and so was the seasons of the Earth, so more complicated. The third note was then based on the I Ching as the energy of Man.

So the 2nd note as 6 of 9 was from 90 feet long with a circumference of 9 as 81 - the number of Lunar Months as the 1st note as Heaven. 6 was 2 as Earth x 15 (the solar month as 24 solar months in a year) which gives 12 months (or 12 harmonic notes) with Earth as the value of 2 solar months!! So 30 is the value of Earth and take 2 to get 60 as the length x 6 of the diameter to get 360 as the solar year!

Wow pretty fancy.

Wow - so we just revealed the secret of how the Dragon of the Sun turns the Earth into Fire as alchemy based on the measurements of the pitch pan pipes!!

So then he explains this continuous exchange of Sun and Moon - and we know from alchemy - as music harmonics - when the bellow opens up on the in breath this sends the energy down the front while the breath goes up the back and on exhale the opposite happens. So you have different levels of yin and yang interchanging - with the Perfect Fifth and Perfect Fourth as the inverted Fifth getting transformed into the Solar energy alchemically as the Single Perfect Yang.

And since that started out as 81 from the lunar months to harmonize with the Sun - that means again that alchemy starts and ends with Jing energy with "yin qi" just being "immature yuan qi" and yuan qi is actually the virtual information field as "yin matter" that is superluminal - the Golden Key secret of Master Zhang Hongbao.

And so when the musical octave does not line up with the Perfect Fifths - what happens is there is a change of direction of the Fifths and Fourths at each octave! So at first Yang generated Yin by "decreasing" while Yin generated Yang while increasing. But then Yang generates Yin by increasing and yin generates yang by decreasing!

And this paradox is explained because Yin energy starts increasing after the Summer Solstice.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, so I hesitate to ask, but does this theory in any way come in in actual practice, or do you see it more as a theoretical framework that you feel fit your image of internal alchemy? 

5 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Ok, so I hesitate to ask, but does this theory in any way come in in actual practice, or do you see it more as a theoretical framework that you feel fit your image of internal alchemy? 

yeah I did a blog post on this yesterday - as I have quoted from Pregadio in Wang Mu's book on "Foundations of Internal Alchemy" - the microcosmic orbit that opens up the 12 channels is actually directly from music theory as noncommutative phase that is non-local.

So the number 9 as the 1st note of music as the Lunar yang qi energy - this is from the same as the Pythagorean Tetraktys using the double octave. So in the Tao te ching - when it refers to the 1, 2, 3  - this is actually music harmonics and so the Single Perfect Yang is 2/3 as the Perfect Fifth music interval that is noncommutative phase - this means it is 2/3 as C to F (subharmonic) and 3/2 as C to G overtone harmonic.

So in the West this was "divided and averaged" as the basis of geometric irrational magnitude math. In the Daoist harmonics - in contrast - there is just a yin and yang reversal - so with the small universe meditation - each harmonic node of the 12 is actually a reversal of the Perfect Fifth and Perfect Fourth (since 4/3 as yin is derived from doubling the 2/3).

So that is also the secret of how the yin qi is resonated and purified into the yang qi energy.

And so to double in music is also to multiple so that 3/2 as the Single Perfect Yang that is noncommutative (as explained above) is then doubled to 9/4 which is the origin of the 9 as the first music note for the double octave based on 6:8:9:12.

https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2019/03/location-of-lower-tan-tien-in-daoist.html

So if you look at the Yellow Court pdf link I gave - on my blog I have "cut and paste" images that are the images explaining the Wang Mu "Foundations of Internal AlchemY' as the small universe - with the real dantian - and so the 12 harmonic nodes of the small universe - as Pregadio explains in that book - are from music theory.

So then the full lotus padmasana position is also noncommutative phase as music theory  and also the standing active exercise are based on the same non-local noncommutative phase secret (i.e. the right hand goes to left foot yang and right hand as yin goes to upper body as yang) And so that applies to Yiquan or to bagua or to wingchun or to Tai Chi and for Silk Reeling - with the twisting of the arms - this again is the noncommutative phase secret of 720 degree spin for the electron to first flip as an antimatter positron before then coming back to its symmetry as an electron in the orbit to create the charge.

So the Emptiness is then the "magnetic moment" between the positron and electron - it is the "spin" that is the 5th dimension that guides reality from the future.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Good that you put this theory in use. It's too complicated for me, but I am sure it is valid. 

37 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

images that are the images explaining the Wang Mu "Foundations of Internal AlchemY' 

Followed one link and came to a weird russian site, followed another and downloaded 400+pgs for further use. 

When it comes to Wang Mu (reading it now), he is sneaky. Like all nei dan authors 😁 

If you look at the LDT, the MCO, and the Yellow Court; he is really interesting....... 

Lately I'm digging going in the other direction.  ie following a very experienced teacher's instructions, and they're very minimalist.  No philosophy, history or explanations; pretty much sit and do.  Is it yang this, or yan that.. inconsequential (for this practice) if its real, and I practice diligently results will follow. 

What they are, I don't know and that's okay.  No schedule, nothing complicated, sitting and doing, working with awareness on the 3 dantiens and a downward flow.  

Which is good for me, cause I'm a KISS kind of guy. 

Interesting analysis but I wonder what it is that has actually been uncovered.

Yin/Yang as a concept is fundamental and, as explained in numerous places, all else derives from them ... all conditions, relationships and interchanges that appear in the world should be explainable in such terms. What makes the analysis fascinating is the elucidation of how this is expressed as a theory of music, as well as cosmology and energetics. It a confirmation of the fundamental principles. I would expect that other such correlations could be found in other complex systems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

If you look at the LDT, the MCO, and the Yellow Court; he is really interesting....... 

I'll try get another link for that Yellow Court book - but yes the russian site is to access academic links.

On Wang Mu - that book complements the Taoist Yoga book very well. One interesting tidbit is the Taoist Yoga book has Charles Luk's editorial insertions in parentheses. So you realize that Charles Luk was wrong about the location of the lower dantian when you take out his parentheses (based on what Wang Mu explains).

1 hour ago, OldDog said:

Interesting analysis but I wonder what it is that has actually been uncovered.

Yin/Yang as a concept is fundamental and, as explained in numerous places, all else derives from them ... all conditions, relationships and interchanges that appear in the world should be explainable in such terms. What makes the analysis fascinating is the elucidation of how this is expressed as a theory of music, as well as cosmology and energetics. It a confirmation of the fundamental principles. I would expect that other such correlations could be found in other complex systems.

Yes yin/yang is fundamental hence my tag "voidisyinyang." So to "explain" "all conditions, relationships and interchanges" based on yin/yang - yes this is possible but what be realized is that Western projections onto nonwestern philosophy are too common. So I made this error in my master's thesis - I confused the yin/yang dynamics with logistic equations (including chaos math). Nope that is not true. So the Western New Age community - including the advaita vedanta community - easily projects Western symmetric logic onto yin-yang dynamics and therefore wrongly interprets the conclusions. This difference does go back to the difference in music theory - all human cultures use the 1:2:3:4 music ratios but in fact they are noncommutative phase resonance from the Yuan Qi as the time-like 5th dimension (or infinite time-frequency energy resonance). So by understanding the music theory connection then the Daoist yin-yang dynamics also explain the "three gunas" of India that are also based on the same music theory truth of reality - and the same with Pythagorean philosophy. And in fact this truth of music theory originates from the original human culture that required all males to do this spiritual training - so the Yuan Qi was originally called N/om energy.

So even the term "complex systems" assumes a Western symmetric logistics math - and that is NOT the actual yin-yang dynamics. So you need to be very careful about just applying this without really studying the philosophy in detail. I recommend studying the book  TAoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality - it is free online - and this will give the training details.

So for example the yang qi is the Sun of the Moon as yin shen (the white tiger light).  The Dragon and Tiger then have shen aspects and qi aspects - and they are interwoven but they are all still yin. So the Hun soul is yin shen and the Po soul is yin shen. Then yang shen and yin qi then have to cross over with the yin shen and the yang qi.  So for example with the eyes open - the Sun is the yang shen as our perceived physical external reality and the Moon is the yin shen. So our thinking mind is yang as our perceived external reality but for alchemy to work - this "yang" has to be reversed and turned inward and this is also called accumulating the yin, since the yin qi is the Moon of the Sun of the yang shen.

So the music theory is based on the microcosmic orbit but also the macrocosmic orbit of the moon and sun calendar - but the eyes have the external moon and sun calendar with the eyes open while internally the eyes access the yang qi and yin qi as the reversed energy - so that the yang qi is the sun and the yin qi is the moon.   So then the spirit of the yin qi is the golden light as the yang shen and the spirit of the yang qi is the moon light as the yin shen. In other words the external is reflected internally but only by cross-resonating (rotating the eyes).

The book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality gives the details. So the Yuan Qi then emanates out of the pineal gland but is also stored in the lower dantian - and so by rotating the eyes then you activate the lower dantian - and the heart is the connection of the Yuan Qi with the universal Yuan Qi.

17 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

So even the term "complex systems" assumes a Western symmetric logistics math - and that is NOT the actual yin-yang dynamics. So you need to be very careful about just applying this without really studying the philosophy in detail.

I am not sure what you mean by "Western symmetric logistics math".

I have studied some math but I am not making the connection to a notion of symmetric logistics math. Still, I think I sense what you are getting at. We tend to think of Yin and Yang as being in a strict balance quantitatively and without any independent nature of their own ... the notion of degree of freedom comes to mind from my math days but that also is not quite it. So, I agree this is not the correct way to consider Yin and Yang.

Edited by OldDog
Grammar error

41 minutes ago, OldDog said:

I am not sure what you mean by "Western symmetric logistics math".

I have studied some math but I am not making the connection to a notion of symmetric logistics math. Still, I think I sense what you are getting at. We tend to think of Yin and Yang as being in a strict balance quantitatively and without any independent nature of their own ... the notion of degree of freedom comes to mind from my math days but that also is not quite it. So, I agree this is not the correct way to consider Yin and Yang.

the idea of yin and yang being "in balance" is another Western symmetric lie - something that Westerners project onto Daoism.

So rather yin and yang are complementary opposites as eternal resonance - eternal motion of time-frequency energy.

so as this teacher points out - the idea of "balancing" yin and yang actually means to favor the yang as leading - and in alchemy - to transform the yin into the yang.

But to understand the noncommutative phase logic - I explain this with music theory. People don't understand me but that's ok since Fields medal math professor Alain Connes corroborates my understanding of music theory - the noncommutative phase logic.

Essentially Yang is the Perfect Fifth but again the Perfect Fifth is both 2/3 AND 3/2 with 2 as C (the octave of the 1) while 3 is both F and G at the same time.

So that is how the Yang as "single perfect yang" is ALSO undivided yin-yang as the Yuan Qi since the 2/3 as C to F (subharmonic) is doubled as the yin or 4/3 to be within the same octave.

The paradox here is that Yuan Shen is the "light of no light" - meaning it is the Mind as Awareness or Shen - yet it must be emptied out to have the Yuan Qi resonate - and so the Yuan Qi is a logical inference as listening to the source of light. So then you can have visions of the future or you can change the past - but actually it's the Yuan Qi that does this, only when the shen is turned around or emptied out into the Yuan Shen (light of no light).

So then from the perspective of the Yuan Shen everything is happening "at the same time" but from the perspective of the Yuan Qi - the yin qi is transformed into yang qi from the future (and healing the past).

3 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

... the idea of yin and yang being "in balance" is another Western symmetric lie ...

Lie is an awfully strong way to characterise what is going on. It implies understanding and intent ... neither of which I see as present in the common western perception of Yin  and Yang. But, still, your point is valid in spite of the pejorative. I am not even sure that thinking of Yin and Yang as complementory is free of the projection of an incorrect understanding.

I was guilty for a long time of the same western error in understanding of Yin and Yang. I used to reference them as Yin/Yang but came to understand that such a construct was actually tending to perpetuate the misunderstanding and so I try to avoid it.

The moment of reaching a different understanding of Yin and Yang came as I was reading the I Ching, specifically the descriptions of Qian and Kun offered in Alfred Huang's translation and interpretation. That description allow me to think for the first time of Heaven and Earth as independent influences. That line of thinking was easily extended to Yin and Yang. Not sure I am presenting this well but it is the best I can do at this point.

Actually,  as I read the OP and the explication of music theory, cosmology and energy work, the I Ching also came to mind as an example of models and mappings.

Edited by OldDog
Manually correcting the autocorrection

1 hour ago, OldDog said:

Lie is an awfully strong way to characterise what is going on. It implies understanding and intent ... neither of which I see as present in the common western perception of Yin  and Yang. But, still, your point is valid in spite of the pejorative. I am not even sure that thinking of Yin and Yang as complementory is free of the projection of an incorrect understanding.

I was guilty for a long time of the same western error in understanding of Yin and Yang. I used to reference them as Yin/Yang but came to understand that such a construct was actually tending to perpetuate the misunderstanding and so I try to avoid it.

The moment of reaching a different understanding of Yin and Yang came as I was reading the I Ching, specifically the descriptions of Qian and Kun offered in Alfred Huang's translation and interpretation. That description allow me to think for the first time of Heaven and Earth as independent influences. That line of thinking was easily extended to Yin and Yang. Not sure I am presenting this well but it is the best I can do at this point.

Actually,  as I read the OP and the explication of music theory, cosmology and energy work, the I Ching also came to mind as an example of models and mappings.

You could try getting a phone healing from http://springforestqigong.com the qigong master there says to really have a proper reading of the I Ching then the third eye needs to be fully open.

Yes the West is based on a lie from the wrong music theory! I call this the "Liar of the Lyre." So music theory is the origin of Western mathematical logic. So best not to focus on the WEst but instead just study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" for training details.