13 hours ago, woogyboogy said:

Is there going to be am ebook as well, at some point? :)

Yes, I just uploaded the new improved ebook for you, and it will be available shortly.  I'll post the link when it becomes available.

Posted (edited)

Hey, I have some exciting good news!  We're going to be grandparents.  Our Muscovy Duck, Clara, laid eggs right by the outside kitchen and the babies are hatching now!  We put a cage around her little den in order to keep the dogs from eating the eggs, and the cats from eating the chicks.  One of our German Shepherds, Kiya, did sneak into the cage a couple of weeks ago, because the door opening was too big, and ate five eggs before we caught her.  I made the door smaller.

Kiya is the local Quichua Indian language for 'Princess of the Moon"  or "Moon Spirit."

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, Starjumper said:

Our Muscovy Duck, Clara, laid eggs right by the outside kitchen and the babies are hatching now!

Here are the babies.  They're so cute, it's fun to sit and watch them.  You can barely see Clara sitting behind them.  These are Muscovy ducks, from South America and they are not true ducks.  They're like half way between a duck and a goose, with the males being much bigger than the females.  The females weigh around six pounds and the males weigh around twenty pounds, and they all have claws.  The male has big strong claws, and if you're holding him and he doesn't want to be held he can drive one of those claws half way through your palm.

We normally let the ducks run free, the last bunch was left to grow up 'out there', but none of them survived, so this time they are staying protected.  Next week we'll build a nice big luxury apartment with bath and running water for them.  We aren't raising them as food, but as a source of nice fresh free eggs.

ducklings.jpg

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Here are the babies.  They're so cute, it's fun to sit and watch them.  You can barely see Clara sitting behind them.  These are Muscovy ducks, from South America and they are not true ducks.  They're like half way between a duck and a goose, with the males being much bigger than the females.  The females weigh around six pounds and the males weigh around twenty pounds, and they all have claws.  The male has big strong claws, and if you're holding him and he doesn't want to be held he can drive one of those claws half way through your palm.

We normally let the ducks run free, the last bunch was left to grow up 'out there', but none of them survived so this time they are staying protected.  Next week we'll build a nice big luxury apartment with bath and running water for them.  We aren't raising them as food, but as a source of nice fresh free eggs.

ducklings.jpg

Nice duckies. 

Im curious.... do you talk to them? If so, do you relate with them the same as you do fellow humans? 

I mean, do you denigrate them sometimes? Call them weenies, morons, immature idiots etc? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, C T said:

Nice duckies. 

Im curious.... do you talk to them? If so, do you relate with them the same as you do fellow humans? 

I mean, do you denigrate them sometimes? Call them weenies, morons, immature idiots etc? 

Good question.  No, I look at them as equals, and don't use those names.  But when the big guy shits on the front patio I wave my arms, yell at him, and call him 'god damn duck' to chase him off.  Today spirit ate our best small avocado tree in spite of the fence I put around it, so I punched him hard a few times and started yelling at him, calling him god damn horse,  fucking horse, and then told the german shepherds to chase him off into the distance.  Something they enjoy quite a lot.  Spirit gets to stay around the house these days cuz he's so damn sneaky, and you don't need to know the rest of the details.

I don't call them names like weenies, morons, immature idiots etc because they neither think with words nor write on forums.

Oh yes, and I do talk to the duckies, say Hi first thing in the morning and during the day, as we pass each other by, same thing with the three cats, three dogs, and house horse.  They all vocalize their morning hellos.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

So, anyway, I had kind of weaned myself off of forums, but came back to market the book.  For an old hermit, it's kind of fun and addicting, having the chance to raise hell on forums, so I got sucked into it again.  I think we are all too aware that I'm not forum material, and the high energy head meditations I was focussing on (mentioned in the martial arts thread) made me quite emotional and energized and made it worse.  All the mental work I had previously done with writing and editing contributed to it.

Now that I've been balancing out some of the head energy and feeling real calm and quiet I hardly feel like writing anything anywhere anymore, and I think maybe somebody upstairs is messin' with me again, as I wished.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 05/07/2019 at 4:51 AM, Starjumper said:

Good question.  No, I look at them as equals, and don't use those names.  But when the big guy shits on the front patio I wave my arms, yell at him, and call him 'god damn duck' to chase him off.  Today spirit ate our best small avocado tree in spite of the fence I put around it, so I punched him hard a few times and started yelling at him, calling him god damn horse,  fucking horse, and then told the german shepherds to chase him off into the distance.  Something they enjoy quite a lot.  Spirit gets to stay around the house these days cuz he's so damn sneaky, and you don't need to know the rest of the details.

I don't call them names like weenies, morons, immature idiots etc because they neither think with words nor write on forums.

Oh yes, and I do talk to the duckies, say Hi first thing in the morning and during the day, as we pass each other by, same thing with the three cats, three dogs, and house horse.  They all vocalize their morning hellos.

I had a friend that had a donkey that used to say good morning by sticking his head in through the kitchen   window and braying at the top of his voice  - which is VERY loud .

I didnt know that, until he did it ... when I was sleeping on the lounge .      What a way to wake up !   "D 

Here, I talk to the wildlife, I only got feral pets .   Its been quiet lately  - winter . About the only critters that are more active than  usual are the ravens  - they have  been very busy lately  .   

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, Starjumper said:

So, anyway, I had kind of weaned myself off of forums, but came back to market the book.  For an old hermit, it's kind of fun and addicting, having the chance to raise hell on forums, so I got sucked into it again.  I think we are all too aware that I'm not forum material, and the high energy head meditations I was focussing on (mentioned in the martial arts thread) made me quite emotional and energized and made it worse.  All the mental work I had previously done with writing and editing contributed to it.

Now that I've been balancing out some of the head energy and feeling real calm and quiet I hardly feel like writing anything anywhere anymore, and I think maybe somebody upstairs is messin' with me again, as I wished.

Good job bro, I am happy you are getting through this just remember all the Chakras are how our awareness expresses.

Crown should purify the lower ones so the expression improves.

🤗

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, Pilgrim said:

... remember all the Chakras are how our awareness expresses.    Crown should purify the lower ones so the expression improves.

Chakras are all good.  Still i have mucho focus above my head but I added some other 'directions' to it.  I had created a big giant empty vessel and it just took a bit of persuading to get it filling nicely.   Remembering, forgetting, remembering.  When there are 'ten thousand' techniques it's common to wander afield at times.  It's all good, and much is learned.  It's also why the path is littered with burnt out crispy critters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08.07.2019 at 8:42 PM, Starjumper said:

Chakras are all good.  Still i have mucho focus above my head but I added some other 'directions' to it.  I had created a big giant empty vessel and it just took a bit of persuading to get it filling nicely.   Remembering, forgetting, remembering.  When there are 'ten thousand' techniques it's common to wander afield at times.  It's all good, and much is learned.  It's also why the path is littered with burnt out crispy critters.

Nice sunglasses, where do you get these.