Hey, I have some exciting good news!  We're going to be grandparents.  Our Muscovy Duck, Clara, laid eggs right by the outside kitchen and the babies are hatching now!  We put a cage around her little den in order to keep the dogs from eating the eggs, and the cats from eating the chicks.  One of our German Shepherds, Kiya, did sneak into the cage a couple of weeks ago, because the door opening was too big, and ate five eggs before we caught her.  I made the door smaller.

Kiya is the local Quichua Indian language for 'Princess of the Moon"  or "Moon Spirit."

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

On 7/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, Starjumper said:

Our Muscovy Duck, Clara, laid eggs right by the outside kitchen and the babies are hatching now!

Here are the babies.  They're so cute, it's fun to sit and watch them.  You can barely see Clara sitting behind them.  These are Muscovy ducks, from South America and they are not true ducks.  They're like half way between a duck and a goose, with the males being much bigger than the females.  The females weigh around six pounds and the males weigh around twenty pounds, and they all have claws.  The male has big strong claws, and if you're holding him and he doesn't want to be held he can drive one of those claws half way through your palm.

We normally let the ducks run free, the last bunch was left to grow up 'out there', but none of them survived, so this time they are staying protected.  Next week we'll build a nice big luxury apartment with bath and running water for them.  We aren't raising them as food, but as a source of nice fresh free eggs.

ducklings.jpg

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Here are the babies.  They're so cute, it's fun to sit and watch them.  You can barely see Clara sitting behind them.  These are Muscovy ducks, from South America and they are not true ducks.  They're like half way between a duck and a goose, with the males being much bigger than the females.  The females weigh around six pounds and the males weigh around twenty pounds, and they all have claws.  The male has big strong claws, and if you're holding him and he doesn't want to be held he can drive one of those claws half way through your palm.

We normally let the ducks run free, the last bunch was left to grow up 'out there', but none of them survived so this time they are staying protected.  Next week we'll build a nice big luxury apartment with bath and running water for them.  We aren't raising them as food, but as a source of nice fresh free eggs.

ducklings.jpg

Nice duckies. 

Im curious.... do you talk to them? If so, do you relate with them the same as you do fellow humans? 

I mean, do you denigrate them sometimes? Call them weenies, morons, immature idiots etc? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, C T said:

Nice duckies. 

Im curious.... do you talk to them? If so, do you relate with them the same as you do fellow humans? 

I mean, do you denigrate them sometimes? Call them weenies, morons, immature idiots etc? 

Good question.  No, I look at them as equals, and don't use those names.  But when the big guy shits on the front patio I wave my arms, yell at him, and call him 'god damn duck' to chase him off.  Today spirit ate our best small avocado tree in spite of the fence I put around it, so I punched him hard a few times and started yelling at him, calling him god damn horse,  fucking horse, and then told the german shepherds to chase him off into the distance.  Something they enjoy quite a lot.  Spirit gets to stay around the house these days cuz he's so damn sneaky, and you don't need to know the rest of the details.

I don't call them names like weenies, morons, immature idiots etc because they neither think with words nor write on forums.

Oh yes, and I do talk to the duckies, say Hi first thing in the morning and during the day, as we pass each other by, same thing with the three cats, three dogs, and house horse.  They all vocalize their morning hellos.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

So, anyway, I had kind of weaned myself off of forums, but came back to market the book.  For an old hermit, it's kind of fun and addicting, having the chance to raise hell on forums, so I got sucked into it again.  I think we are all too aware that I'm not forum material, and the high energy head meditations I was focussing on (mentioned in the martial arts thread) made me quite emotional and energized and made it worse.  All the mental work I had previously done with writing and editing contributed to it.

Now that I've been balancing out some of the head energy and feeling real calm and quiet I hardly feel like writing anything anywhere anymore, and I think maybe somebody upstairs is messin' with me again, as I wished.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 05/07/2019 at 4:51 AM, Starjumper said:

Good question.  No, I look at them as equals, and don't use those names.  But when the big guy shits on the front patio I wave my arms, yell at him, and call him 'god damn duck' to chase him off.  Today spirit ate our best small avocado tree in spite of the fence I put around it, so I punched him hard a few times and started yelling at him, calling him god damn horse,  fucking horse, and then told the german shepherds to chase him off into the distance.  Something they enjoy quite a lot.  Spirit gets to stay around the house these days cuz he's so damn sneaky, and you don't need to know the rest of the details.

I don't call them names like weenies, morons, immature idiots etc because they neither think with words nor write on forums.

Oh yes, and I do talk to the duckies, say Hi first thing in the morning and during the day, as we pass each other by, same thing with the three cats, three dogs, and house horse.  They all vocalize their morning hellos.

I had a friend that had a donkey that used to say good morning by sticking his head in through the kitchen   window and braying at the top of his voice  - which is VERY loud .

I didnt know that, until he did it ... when I was sleeping on the lounge .      What a way to wake up !   "D 

Here, I talk to the wildlife, I only got feral pets .   Its been quiet lately  - winter . About the only critters that are more active than  usual are the ravens  - they have  been very busy lately  .   

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, Starjumper said:

So, anyway, I had kind of weaned myself off of forums, but came back to market the book.  For an old hermit, it's kind of fun and addicting, having the chance to raise hell on forums, so I got sucked into it again.  I think we are all too aware that I'm not forum material, and the high energy head meditations I was focussing on (mentioned in the martial arts thread) made me quite emotional and energized and made it worse.  All the mental work I had previously done with writing and editing contributed to it.

Now that I've been balancing out some of the head energy and feeling real calm and quiet I hardly feel like writing anything anywhere anymore, and I think maybe somebody upstairs is messin' with me again, as I wished.

Good job bro, I am happy you are getting through this just remember all the Chakras are how our awareness expresses.

Crown should purify the lower ones so the expression improves.

🤗

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, Pilgrim said:

... remember all the Chakras are how our awareness expresses.    Crown should purify the lower ones so the expression improves.

Chakras are all good.  Still i have mucho focus above my head but I added some other 'directions' to it.  I had created a big giant empty vessel and it just took a bit of persuading to get it filling nicely.   Remembering, forgetting, remembering.  When there are 'ten thousand' techniques it's common to wander afield at times.  It's all good, and much is learned.  It's also why the path is littered with burnt out crispy critters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Buenos dias, he publicado mi libro en español.  Los que son serios sobre los artes marciales internos, taoistas van a encontrarlo muy interesante.  Yo estoy viviendo en el sur de Ecuador, y estoy buscando unos pocos estudiantes serios, que quieren ser maestros de qigong y magos taoistas.

Un Linaje de Dragones

Una historia de un viaje de la vida de lo mundano a lo supra normal.  Una verdadera historia de Maestros y Estudiantes de las Artes Marciales de la Fuerza de Vida Mística.

EL MAGUS DE SEATTLE - Este libro trata sobre el misterioso maestro de chi kung en Seattle que era el tío de Bruce Lee y maestro principal de kung fu.   Cuenta el tipo de qigong que este maestro solía convertirse en uno de los más poderosos, y de las cosas increíbles experimentadas por el autor, que fue su aprendiz de mucho tiempo.  En China, un poderoso maestro del chi kung a veces se llama mago.  Este libro describe uno de estos sistemas, un tipo más raro y más poderoso de sistema de cultivo físico, emocional y espiritual, conocido como Nei Kung, el camino espiritual del guerrero.

Steve Gray es un adepto de neigong taoísta, practicando durante más de 30 años.  Hermano de Kung Fu de Bruce Lee, artista marcial, y aprendiz de mago extraordinario.

Amazon España:  https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07X5TBWWT

Amazon Mexico:  https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B07X5TBWWT

Amazon Brazil:  https://www.amazon.com.br/dp/B07X5TBWWT

Edited by Starjumper

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Buenos dias, he publicado mi libro en español.  Los que son serios sobre los artes marciales internos, taoistas van a encontrarlo muy interesante.  Yo estoy viviendo en el sur de Ecuador, y estoy buscando unos pocos estudiantes serios, que quieren ser maestros de qigong y magos taoistas.

Un Linaje de Dragones

Una historia de un viaje de la vida de lo mundano a lo supra normal.  Una verdadera historia de Maestros y Estudiantes de las Artes Marciales de la Fuerza de Vida Mística.

EL MAGUS DE SEATTLE - Este libro trata sobre el misterioso maestro de chi kung en Seattle que era el tío de Bruce Lee y maestro principal de kung fu.   Cuenta el tipo de qigong que este maestro solía convertirse en uno de los más poderosos, y de las cosas increíbles experimentadas por el autor, que fue su aprendiz de mucho tiempo.  En China, un poderoso maestro del chi kung a veces se llama mago.  Este libro describe uno de estos sistemas, un tipo más raro y más poderoso de sistema de cultivo físico, emocional y espiritual, conocido como Nei Kung, el camino espiritual del guerrero.

Steve Gray es un adepto de neigong taoísta, practicando durante más de 30 años.  Hermano de Kung Fu de Bruce Lee, artista marcial, y aprendiz de mago extraordinario.

Amazon España:  https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07X5TBWWT

Amazon Mexico:  https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B07X5TBWWT

Amazon Brazil:  https://www.amazon.com.br/dp/B07X5TBWWT

Brazilian martial arts changed ufc from day one. So much so, that ufc is actually kind of half brazilian now. In my eyes atleast. They brought the venusian arts to the martial arts, in such a way, that still today no one can do what they did at the first ever 3 seasons of ufc. Not only win championships, across ALL weight divisions, on low weight, but literally freaking doing all of it in one single day. Instead of now, they try to do it over several years and still fail. 

And I'm not even from america. I'm not even from this planet. I am a reptilian monster hahaha muhahahaha! No, I am actually a chicken, who screams loud fire at the rising of the sun, haha! Mwhahaha. You will never take me alife! Bukaaaak!

Edited by Everything
  • Haha 1

!   

Andy Dale looks exactly like  'RV' a guy in my club - Israeli , ex Krav Magra    ... even the glasses   haircut and  facial expression .

... I was attacking him with a spear , only this morning  .     :) 

At training that is      -    to show him some of the uses of the techniques  in  our   kama and  sai forms . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dragons are excellent at chi kung. Some Taoist Immortals are dragons ... who did chi kung as humans. Following is what dragons think of people, in words that aren't as pretty as the ones Lao Tzu used:

Great were my people in the ancient days,

great beyond the conception of the

little people now around me;

knowing the wisdom of old,

seeking far within the heart of infinity

knowledge that belonged to Earth's youth.

Wise were we with the wisdom

of the Children of Light who dwelt among us.

Strong were we with the power drawn

from the eternal fire.

Mankind is parasited with an indulgent misery

Having become accustomed to tearing down

from each other any hope of light,

any true joy, any feeling of good,

competing with each other with

their idiotic trinkets they call science.

So smug they are though.

They live in disintegration,

and they themselves are the disintegration.

Terrified they are of even a small light,

they have no hope and cling to ashes,

they sacrifice their life to protect dust.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 12:53 AM, silent thunder said:

Ran across this in my side feed on youtube tonight... thought of you @Starjumper

If you notice, Bruce is messing with people's heads here, or else it's the interpretation of the 'experts'.  The thing is that he is adding a push to the punch to make it look better.  In a correctly executed explosive strike the  'victim' would hardly move back at all, they would just drop straight down, maybe dead or something.  Since it is considered bad showmanship to kill or inure people during demos therefore we have the push which looks like a short range punch.

This book describes the hidden Taoist spiritual qigong, real nei kung, the path of chi power and longevity.

The Magus of Seattle - The hidden Taoist Immortal who was Bruce Lee's uncle and kung fu teacher, and a life journey from the mundane to the supra normal. A true story of Masters and Students of the Mystical Life Force Martial Arts and beyond

This is about the powerful qigong master and Taoist immortal who was Bruce Lee’s uncle, mentor, and main kung fu teacher.  A true account of the hidden Taoist spiritual practices, it describes the nei kung he used to become one of the most powerful, and the amazing things experienced by the author.  This book describes the Taoist spiritual path of the warrior wizard, a rare and powerful physical, emotional, and spiritual cultivation system.  It describes some of the other amazing students of this master, some of who are reincarnations of dragons from the spirit realm.

Contents.
1-The Andes Mountains.
2-The Art of Flying.
3-The Bruce Lee Connection.
4-“We are Dragons”.
5-The Early Years.
6-Sai Baba.
7-Meeting the Master.
8-Practicing the Path of Power.
9-Enlightenment Experience.
10-My teaching.
11-The Star Wars Connection.