On 3/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, dwai said:

Loved the chapter on enlightenment.

Thanks Dwai, a good word from an experienced person like you makes it worthwhile.  I wonder if you could do me a little favor and write a review on Amazon.  Some childish person wrote a review that basically says "My daddy can beat up your daddy" and gave it only a one star rating which really screws up the averages when there are few reviews.  Please upload the latest version, 1.7, after this there won't be any edits for awhile.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:01 PM, Pilgrim said:

@Starjumper will soon be reading your book.

Recomendation add audible however that works. 

I often buy both, listening while driving is a treasure.

Thank you very much.

Excellent idea on the audio book!  I'll look into that.  I wonder if Amazon/Kindle does audio books?  Enjoy the story.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:47 AM, shazlor said:

Hi Starjumper the quote is from this version:

Pages 29-31 

https://chine.in/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

“This page formatted 2005 Blackmask Online. http://www.blackmask.com
Adapted from the WJF Jenner translation (Beijing, 1955) by Collinson Fair.
Copyright 2005, Silk Pagoda.”

Thanks for the details.  I'll look into that.  That passage from 'Journey to the West' fits the book so well because it explains the view on showing off, it's about the Monkey King which is who Bruce's teacher was, and it mentions 'saying I taught myself', which is also what Bruce had to do.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, beachbum78 said:

Im interested in your book I just have no idea who you are or what you do. Is this kung fu or just chi kung you mention wizardly so it\s it taoist magic or something else.?

Are you accepting students?

An so forth. I wish you all the best and hope your book is a big success!

Thank you.

Hi, I see you edited it out, but I had thought that when you said the url didn't work that it was the url to the book, but it just occurred to me that you mean the url to my own website.  taohermitage.com.

I have a bit of time now so to answer your question: the kind of wizards I'm referring to here is not like the kind that make spells.  They are more like super psychic warriors with jedi abilities, enlightened, and the magic is simply the kind where they have a lot of synchronicity, their wishes come true, they can see the future, and they can talk with immortals in the spirit realm.  It is just a different definition for a very high level advanced and powerful chi kung master (nei kung can of worms opens here).  The technically correct term used in china is wizard, it's official.  Yes, and a person can come here to study, but I kind of hate saying that here any more, because the seven years I have said that on this forum it was a complete waste.  Causes regrets you know.  Instead I got to observe the slow motion train wreck called human nature.  Bastardized human nature.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Excellent idea on the audio book!  I'll look into that.  I wonder if Amazon/Kindle does audio books?  Enjoy the story.

Audible is owned by Amazon so I would be surprised if there was not a path to Audio Book recording. 

I always love  it when a good voice is used like Peter Coyote, he has done many audio books like zen mind beginners mind by Suzuki Roshi.

Watch this video of him on a phone it is crazy how it moves with the phone but mostly listen to the voice. You will need to open in YouTube to get the effect.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

I have some good news for those of you who love dragons.  Dragons do exits.  They are real … in the spirit realm, which is just on the other side of the veil. 

I haven’t read through the whole description yet, but I think you may have missed a trick here.

With any such piece of writing your aim is to intrigue the reader to read a little further.

But here you’ve given away the main point of intrigue right at the start.

I’d suggest building curiosity... set the scene and create intriguing questions in the readers mind rather than give intriguing answers...

If they want the answer, they’ll just have to read your book :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Starjumper,

I just wanted to let you know I have been reading the book and am enjoying it quite a bit. I can tell it is not by a professional author and there is a certain something I like about that. The book must have been a great deal of work.

Very impressive to read a book where the author is so open and sharing of their life experiences weather the audience can appreciate them or not, believe in them or not. One of the most interesting things is your age and how it was when you were 50 you came upon your teacher.

Hard to believe you are in your 70's now you project as a person of roughly 34. Must be something to your practices that you have such a nice youthful energy about you.

Would you mind posting a link to your site typing swiftly have to get back to work now. Thank you for the book and your life stories it is important for people to realize there is more to life than their own experience of it. :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

I just wanted to let you know I have been reading the book and am enjoying it quite a bit. I can tell it is not by a professional author and there is a certain something I like about that. The book must have been a great deal of work.

Very impressive to read a book where the author is so open and sharing of their life experiences weather the audience can appreciate them or not, believe in them or not. One of the most interesting things is your age and how it was when you were 50 you came upon your teacher.

Hard to believe you are in your 70's now you project as a person of roughly 34. Must be something to your practices that you have such a nice youthful energy about you.

I'm happy that you are liking the book.  Actually I started with Mr. Yueng when I was 42.  Mr. Yueng went to an open house at the University of Washington hospital and got a free EEG brain wave test.  The doctors interpreting the readout said that his EEG was like a teenager's, and he was 78 at the time.  So there's still hope for me = ) 

Like this -->  Lao Tzu sez the sage acts like a child.

I hope that some of you who are reading the book will put in a little book review on Amazon.  The first person to write a review didn't even read the book, they just wrote something along the lines of "my daddy can beat up your daddy' and gave it one star; which really ruins the averages when there are only two reviews.

Have a wonderful day,

Steve

• Like 1

Just now, Starjumper said:

I hope that some of you who are reading the book will put in a little book review on Amazon.

No worries, will do, so far 5 star all the way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I added a picture gallery to the website:  http://www.taohermitage.com/gallery.html

This is my FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/steve.gray.355

I don't do Facebook never trusted it and in recent times see it was well justified. Is that you with the white hair and the beard eating the White stuff? 

If so I like your face and the spirit coming out of it very much. Who is the woman? she is special too methinks and what is that bird a Condor or Eagle of some king very beautiful and the young man is clearly earnest about his work with the bird.

I see the naughty horse from your book  who walked on tile as well :) 

Great Pictures thank you very much for sharing them.

I didn't know that Bruce Lee had a separate qigong master. Watching his movies and reading his philosophy you know he had to have deeper training than just the martial arts. The book does sound interesting, you could say that it's in great part due to Bruce Lee that I found myself where I am today.

Edited by kondensation
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, kondensation said:

I didn't know that Bruce Lee had a separate qigong master. Watching his movies and reading his philosophy you know he had to have deeper training than just the martial arts. The book does sound interesting, you could say that it's in great part due to Bruce Lee that I found myself where I am today.

It is wonderful how Bruce inspired so many in so many ways!  Maybe I can somehow follow in his footsteps.

Bruce didn't want to do chi kung because chi kung makes your muscles soft and he wanted hard muscles so he would look good for the movies.  Also, his teacher, the chi kung master in question, wasn't practicing nor too interested in chi kung then, and at that time he probably wasn't a chi kung master,.  What he was back then was top kung fu master on the West Coast.  Bruce could have gotten into the Shen Kun after he turned forty if he was ready then, it was being saved for later..

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GSmaster said:

People are always envious of something, even if you do good stuff, they will always try to shit on you.

That's nothing, if this book becomes popular it's going to make me A LOT of enemies.  Of course they already were my enemies, they just didn't know it yet ... kidding ... kind of.  Not too dissimilar to Bruce's situation in some ways.  Here this popular Chinese kid comes from America and says his kung fu is better than anyone else's, that he made it up himself, and then he proved it.  Which is why he was assassinated, he made too many powerful enemies.    So I'm an unpopular (could change) non Chinese old fart that comes from America that sez that my chi kung is better than most anything you can find out there.

Well you know, a lot of Chinese, both teachers and general public, hate to see any Gringo being shown the real Way, and it's worse for one who has 'graduated'.  So that's a big strike against me, the color of my skin.  The good news is I'm not having to say I made it up.

In addition I stepped on a whole bunch of toes and sacred cows = ) of some powerful institutions.

You need to promote your book somehow, like write a review and recieve something in return. They do this with bestsellers. It is the only reasons some books have 1000+ reviews, people like freebies.

You could give them 10% discount for a review or you could beat up every student who comes and does not write a good review. :lol:

I have noticed that awareness of dragons among the public has mushroomed into a very popular thing.  There are now all kinds of games, movies, TV shows, toys, paintings and sculptures.  It seems to be everywhere, it is very high in the public consciousness and it seems to be destiny that there may be a great hunger for some factual, experiential, information.  So it is my wish that when it becomes known that dragons really do exist; when the links between humans and dragons, and how it is even possible for a person to become a real dragon, becomes more clear, then it will explode in popularity across the night sky and change the direction of spiritual thought for some time to come.

What it boils down to as far as marketing is concerned:  I'm a lazy Taoist and I hate marketing.  In addition I don't really give a damn whether it is popular or not, all I need is a little money to help make ends meet, get my car fixed and licensed, and build a little bit nicer guest cabins.   I only wrote the book because I needed the money, and I think the popularity will be a big burden, as it always is.

That is why I put no links to me in the book.   

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Is that you with the white hair and the beard eating the White stuff?    If so I like your face and the spirit coming out of it very much. Who is the woman? she is special too methinks

Thank you, that picture was taken during my annual whipped cream extraveganza.

The woman is my new wife and in past lives was a sister, kinky.  She grew up in communist Poland  She has a terrible disability when it comes to learning mechanical things but makes up for it with a pure and delicate heart, and when she prays to her angels stuff gets done!

and what is that bird a Condor or Eagle of some king very beautiful and the young man is clearly earnest about his work with the bird.

The bird on the left is a Harpy Eagle, the heaviest and most powerful of Eagles.  They have a relatively short wingspan of around seven feet I think.  The bird on the right is another heaviest bird, the Andean Condor, coming in for a landing on his handler's arm.  They have a twelve foot wingspan, close to four meters.

I like big birds and big claws, it makes them seem like brothers = )

This is a Harpy Eagle hand, notice how thick the wrist and fingers are compared to the person's.

Harpy-hand.jpg

The Condor picture:

condor.jpg

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

all I need is a little money to help make ends meet, get my car fixed and licensed, and build a little bit nicer guest cabins.   I only wrote the book because I needed the money

Appreciate, nay love the honesty. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Appreciate, nay love the honesty. 

Hi Fellow Bums,

What do you say want to do a go fund me for Star Jumpers projects? 

I mean Starjumper will have to start the gofundme but why not help out a fellow bum?

Sounds to me like he is putting guest quarters together for people to learn from him which I think is pretty cool.

I will pledge $100.00 who will join me? I mean hey I have already gotten $100.00 worth of entertainment from the book and I am only partly through it.

• Like 2

Sounds good, I'm in. 

I love me some Ecuadoran Starjumper and Company.  *(particularly the horse and cats, but then I'm an admitted animalphile from waaaay back).  :)

54 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Sounds good, I'm in. 

I love me some Ecuadoran Starjumper and Company.  *(particularly the horse and cats, but then I'm an admitted animalphile from waaaay back).  :)

Well that makes two of us. What do you say Starjumper put up the go fund me. 

2 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Well that makes two of us. What do you say Starjumper put up the go fund me. 

It's is very nice for you guys to offer that, but let's take the lazy approach and wait for awhile first and see how the book goes.  Hopefully the book will bring in enough to take care of those things. I tried the fund me thing once, it was a fair amount of work and the case I made was weak, it didn't do much.  Also, it's tough for me to ask for donations, Earl Grey talked me into it once, but ... 

If someone else wanted to play around with it I guess that's ok.

• Like 2

Just finished chapter 6 this book is very enjoyable and not anything like I imagined it would be.

• Like 3

I enjoyed your video S.J.  cool you have a natural shiva lingam right in your front yard!

• Like 1