chaugnar

Polyvagal theory and tao

I'm asking cause I'm getting physically triggered and it's hard to control.i have some PTSD and I get triggered by noises.

1 hour ago, chaugnar said:

I'm asking cause I'm getting physically triggered and it's hard to control.i have some PTSD and I get triggered by noises.

yes Dr. Porges emphasizes "flexing" the middle ear muscle while listening to certain types of sounds he's developed. I recommend you try the Wim Hof method - it's all over youtube - just search "wim hof" - so basically you just take 30 deep breaths (try to feel your kidneys as you breath in) and then after the 30th breath when you exhale - just don't breath in again. So you retain the breath AFTER exhale. So just don't breath in for as long as comfortable. Then repeat the above cycle - and each time you should be able to retain the breath AFTER exhale for a longer time period. This will activate the deep right side vagus nerve and increase your brain serotonin levels - and that will heal your energy blockages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, chaugnar said:

I am doing wim hof.is there any visualization chi channeling?

I don't know anything about polyvagal theory, but I did go through both Wim Hof programs.  As far as I recall, no visualizations in it.    Wim Hof had a very physical philosophy ie not much talk of chi, prana or channels.   The vitality and progress came from the doing.. breathing, cold showers, cold conditioning, yogic exercises, horse stance.. 

FWIW we have a couple of good threads on Wim Hof here on the bums.  I did a write up of my experience with it:-

On 3/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, voidisyinyang said:

yes Dr. Porges emphasizes "flexing" the middle ear muscle while listening to certain types of sounds he's developed. I recommend you try the Wim Hof method - it's all over youtube - just search "wim hof" - so basically you just take 30 deep breaths (try to feel your kidneys as you breath in) and then after the 30th breath when you exhale - just don't breath in again. So you retain the breath AFTER exhale. So just don't breath in for as long as comfortable. Then repeat the above cycle - and each time you should be able to retain the breath AFTER exhale for a longer time period. This will activate the deep right side vagus nerve and increase your brain serotonin levels - and that will heal your energy blockages.

Would you explain how to flex the middle ear muscle and I think you have mentioned doing the same thing to the pineal gland.

3 hours ago, ralis said:

Would you explain how to flex the middle ear muscle and I think you have mentioned doing the same thing to the pineal gland.

good question. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1868418/ so that's Porges on the "stiffening" of the middle ear muscles and "voluntary contraction" of the middle ear muscles....

The stapedius muscle (innervated via a branch of the facial nerve) and the tensor tympani (innervated via a branch of the trigeminal nerve), when innervated, stiffen the ossicular chain and dampen the amplitude of the low frequency sounds reaching the inner ear. The functional impact of these muscles on the perceived acoustic environment is to markedly attenuate low frequency sounds and to facilitate the extraction of high frequency sounds associated with human voice. For example, our acoustic environment is often dominated by loud low frequency sounds that have the functional effect of masking the soft high frequency sounds associated with human voice. In humans, the ossicular chain is regulated primarily by the stapedius muscle and tensing the stapedius prevents this masking effect (see Borg and Counter, 1989). In fact, individuals who can voluntarily contract middle ear muscles exhibit an attenuation of approximately 30 db at frequencies below 500 Hz, while there is no or minimal attenuation at frequencies above 1000 Hz (see Kryter, 1985).

The structures at the end of the mandible (i.e., jaw bone) that define components in the middle ear became detached during the phylogenetic transition from reptiles to mammals (Luo et al., 2001; Rowe, 1996; Wang et al., 2001). It has been proposed that this detachment overcame a structural restriction that allowed the cranium to expand in mammals. With the evolution of a neural system that regulated the ossicles, low amplitude relatively high frequency airborne sounds (i.e., sounds in the frequency band of human voice) could be heard, even when the acoustic environment was dominated by low frequency sounds.

Studies have demonstrated that the neural regulation of middle ear muscles is defective in individuals with language delays, learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders (Smith et al., 1988; Thomas et al., 1985). Middle ear infection (i.e., otitis media) may result in a total inability to elicit the “reflexive” contraction of the stapedius muscles (Yagi and Nakatani, 1987). Disorders that influence the neural function of the facial nerve (i.e., Bell’s Palsy), not only influence the stapedius reflex (Ardic et al., 1997), but also affect the patient’s ability to discriminate speech (Wormald et al., 1995). Thus, the observed difficulties that individuals with language difficulties (e.g., language delay, autism, etc) have in extracting human voice from background sounds may be dependent on the same neural system that regulates facial expression (i.e., Social Engagement System).

So Dr. Porges focuses on both "sing-song" or emotional prosody language and also high frequency music....to retrain the middle ear muscles:

AIT retrains a disorganized auditory system by strengthening the weak ear muscle called the stapedius, a branch of the facial nerve. Electronically modulated music is used to improve auditory processing disorders and sound sensitivity.

http://neuroclinicbarrie.com/neurodevelopment/auditory-integration-training/

Porges has found that the same nerves that control these two muscles also control vocalization, facial expression, heart rate and breathing.s. Health, communication, relationships and quality of life improve.

How it is done

Randomly filtered and electronically modulated music is played through high-quality stereo headphones. The AIT protocol consists of two 30-minute sessions per day for ten days and can be repeated yearly, if necessary. Although the training is sometimes given without setting specific filters, certain frequencies that are experienced as uncomfortable may be filtered. An auditory assessment identifies hyper acute frequencies and auditory distortion whenever possible.

So I'm not sure what his "formula" is for the sound.

• Slow deep exhalations are calming and can be done in many ways.
    Photo Credit: Margaret Bellafiore

• Singing
    • Playing a wind instrument
    • Talking with long phrase without interruption
  • Deep breathing (I like to breathe in my nose and out a straw in traffic).
  • Listening to music changes middle ear muscles. Listening to music. “Listening is very special,” he said, “It’s a portal to trigger social engagement system.”Certain types of music trigger a sense of safety. Especially with female singers.”
  • Talking to friend
  • Talking to a dog (or cat)
    • Using prosodic voice (sing song up and down)

yes when I first wrote about "flexing" my pineal gland - I did so on the "top" science blog of Professor PZ Myers, and, of course, he dismissed this as impossible since there's no muscles in the brain.

So as I type this - I "flex" my pineal gland and then I wonder "how" I am doing it. haha.

The only way I can explain this - is similar to the recent pineal gland thread with the testimonial from the man who had a stroke. So he could not talk but he could think and through sure willpower of concentrated thinking, he regrew nerve fibers in the right side of his brain, so he could then talk again. He kept repeating, "speak, speak, speak!" in his mind.

But the person who interviewed him - this person believes it was his SPIRIT that was thinking and able to concentrate and focus the brain. So when I "decide" to flex my pineal gland and then I feel a concentrated magnetic bliss in the center of my brain - and if I do it strong enough then I can cause my vagus nerve on my neck to start pulsating - thereby "pulling up" energy from the lower body.....

Yes I don't do this anymore typically. I just tested to see if I could STILL do it and I can - my neck started pulsating from the vagus nerve pulling up energy to the pineal gland....

So my only conclusion is that this ability has to be my spirit directly engaging with my brain - to "flex" or "concentrate" qi in that part of my body.

But the irony is that the Qi is actually from "eternal listening" - and so to "flex" the middle ear muscles - this means to intensify the listening as Proprioception of the Vagus nerve being activated.  So there is a direct connection with the pineal gland, the vagus nerves (left and right) and the middle ear muscles.

So we know that phase coherence between the right and left ear is based on microsecond - wavelength - that is SUB-angstrom. So it is directly engaging the quantum entanglement of the Yuan Qi ether - via the microtubules.

So I guess it starts out with just intensive listening - this is called the HyperSonic Effect with nonwestern natural acoustics - like in gamelan and gong music of Indonesia. So there is a nonlinear feedback as the phase coherence difference between right and left ear (brains) creates an ELF subharmonic that is also the proton-proton spin as 5th dimensional magnetic moment (between the proton - yang qi and electron - yin qi). This is what Andrija Puharich figured out but also Dr. Mae-Wan Ho and then Dr. Stuart Hameroff - and Manfred Euler, a physicist in Germany - he realized this secret also.

So the highest pitch sound we hear externally then resonates as ultrasound Internally - and in turn this resonates the quantum nonlocal Yuan Qi energy as a reverse time phase of the ELF subharmonic.

So then we have to ask "WHO" is listening to the source of the sound? This is also discovered through deep music training also. But then with meditation - the listening creates a deep rewiring of the psychophsyiology by "opening up" or permanently magnetizing the pineal gland. So the pinealocyte liquid crystals must get aligned to create a strong resonance of the microtubules in the collagen of the pineal gland.

It's difficult for me to "flex" my middle ear muscles while also NOT flexing my pineal gland. But ideally there should be no pressure felt in the brain but rather the spirit with the Heart will create a standing ELF subharmonic with the Earth's schumann resonance field. So then the Yuan Qi will fill the body - and even the skull gets flexible and the bones are pliable. So then you no longer "feel" the body - like in deep dreamless sleep - there is just strong bliss as the energy merges with the Universe. I guess this is why it is called silence or Mouna Samadhi. With very strong mental concentration then I guess the mind can "listen" to the source of the acoustic phonons as the spacetime source of light (spirit).

I know that with increased melanin in the inner ear then louder sound can be heard with less damage to the ear. So the sound processing is both mechanical and electrochemical but then it is transduced to biophoton spirit energy - so essentially listening is sonoluminescence. Since we can listen FASTER than time-frequency (Fourier) uncertainty this means that the middle ear muscle is PULLING in or extracting sound - instead of the ears being simply a passive receiver. So with active listening as meditation - there is phase coherence faster than time-frequency uncertainty, with the phase coherence being then sub-angstrom, and therefore smaller wavelength of light (with a superluminal frequency).

So to rely simply on "thinking" to "flex" the middle ear music - this is a left-brain focus. Whereas just pure logical inference as LISTENING is a right brain focus as "attention" and this "attention" as awareness then enables frequency modulation just as visualization is also right brain dominant. So then by just visualizing a change in the attention, internally, this enables listening based on frequency-time directly (instead of the amplitude-frequency conversion of flexing a muscle).

This is what I called the Triode Amplifier Effect - in an essay I wrote on Richard Feynman - meaning that the horizontal listening of right to left ear phase coherence then creates a vertical cycling of energy based on internal visual attention (the concentrated YI of the heart). So we can think of a bicycle wheel - it is much easier to spin the wheel from the rim then to hold the wheel at the hub and try to spin the wheel at the hub. So then by listening to the 12 harmonic nodes along the outside of the body-mind - this, with each turn of the wheel, increases the frequency of the sound, as the energy is transduced (ionizing electrochemicals, into coherent laser energy and then spacetime energy itself).

So then we learn to listen with the lower dan tien and - and the heart and this is called

The secret of Listening with the heart as the Ear of the Heart. So think of the Heart as the yin-yang symbol combined together - and you flip it around - so the ears then become the heart when moved down and around (you listen as right-ear dominant with the eyes closed as visualizing attention).

https://misophonia-research.com/stephen-porges/

mammals there is a frequency band of perceptual advantage in which social communication occurs. It is within this frequency band that acoustic “safety” cues are conveyed.
Consistent with the theory, safety is signaled when the pitch of the acoustic signal is modulated within this band. Thus, a monotone within this band is not sufficient to signal safety. Moreover, the theory proposes that low frequency monotone sounds (e.g., dog’s bark, lion’s roar, large truck, and thunder) are inherent signals of predator and high frequency monotone sounds are inherent signals of pain and danger (e.g., shrill cries of babies or someone who is being injured).
The frequency band of perceptual advantage is functionally defined by the physics of the middle ear structures. During the evolutionary transition from ancient reptiles to mammals, the middle ear bones became detached from the jawbone. This functionally enabled mammals to communicate via vocalizations in a frequency band that could not be detected by the ancient reptiles. Operationally, in humans this frequency band functions from about 500 Hz to about 4000 Hz. Within these frequencies, the second and third formant in both male and female human speech always occur and in many cases so does the first formant. Basically, we can’t understand the meaning of speech without processing the formants, and this difficulty is a feature of many individuals with auditory processing difficulties.

To signal safety the sounds will need to be within this frequency and to be highly modulated simulating vocal prosody

3 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

good question. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1868418/ so that's Porges on the "stiffening" of the middle ear muscles and "voluntary contraction" of the middle ear muscles....

So Dr. Porges focuses on both "sing-song" or emotional prosody language and also high frequency music....to retrain the middle ear muscles:

http://neuroclinicbarrie.com/neurodevelopment/auditory-integration-training/

So I'm not sure what his "formula" is for the sound.

• Slow deep exhalations are calming and can be done in many ways.

• Singing
    • Playing a wind instrument
    • Talking with long phrase without interruption
  • Deep breathing (I like to breathe in my nose and out a straw in traffic).
  • Listening to music changes middle ear muscles. Listening to music. “Listening is very special,” he said, “It’s a portal to trigger social engagement system.”Certain types of music trigger a sense of safety. Especially with female singers.”
  • Talking to friend
  • Talking to a dog (or cat)
    • Using prosodic voice (sing song up and down)

yes when I first wrote about "flexing" my pineal gland - I did so on the "top" science blog of Professor PZ Myers, and, of course, he dismissed this as impossible since there's no muscles in the brain.

So as I type this - I "flex" my pineal gland and then I wonder "how" I am doing it. haha.

The only way I can explain this - is similar to the recent pineal gland thread with the testimonial from the man who had a stroke. So he could not talk but he could think and through sure willpower of concentrated thinking, he regrew nerve fibers in the right side of his brain, so he could then talk again. He kept repeating, "speak, speak, speak!" in his mind.

But the person who interviewed him - this person believes it was his SPIRIT that was thinking and able to concentrate and focus the brain. So when I "decide" to flex my pineal gland and then I feel a concentrated magnetic bliss in the center of my brain - and if I do it strong enough then I can cause my vagus nerve on my neck to start pulsating - thereby "pulling up" energy from the lower body.....

Yes I don't do this anymore typically. I just tested to see if I could STILL do it and I can - my neck started pulsating from the vagus nerve pulling up energy to the pineal gland....

So my only conclusion is that this ability has to be my spirit directly engaging with my brain - to "flex" or "concentrate" qi in that part of my body.

But the irony is that the Qi is actually from "eternal listening" - and so to "flex" the middle ear muscles - this means to intensify the listening as Proprioception of the Vagus nerve being activated.  So there is a direct connection with the pineal gland, the vagus nerves (left and right) and the middle ear muscles.

So we know that phase coherence between the right and left ear is based on microsecond - wavelength - that is SUB-angstrom. So it is directly engaging the quantum entanglement of the Yuan Qi ether - via the microtubules.

So I guess it starts out with just intensive listening - this is called the HyperSonic Effect with nonwestern natural acoustics - like in gamelan and gong music of Indonesia. So there is a nonlinear feedback as the phase coherence difference between right and left ear (brains) creates an ELF subharmonic that is also the proton-proton spin as 5th dimensional magnetic moment (between the proton - yang qi and electron - yin qi). This is what Andrija Puharich figured out but also Dr. Mae-Wan Ho and then Dr. Stuart Hameroff - and Manfred Euler, a physicist in Germany - he realized this secret also.

So the highest pitch sound we hear externally then resonates as ultrasound Internally - and in turn this resonates the quantum nonlocal Yuan Qi energy as a reverse time phase of the ELF subharmonic.

So then we have to ask "WHO" is listening to the source of the sound? This is also discovered through deep music training also. But then with meditation - the listening creates a deep rewiring of the psychophsyiology by "opening up" or permanently magnetizing the pineal gland. So the pinealocyte liquid crystals must get aligned to create a strong resonance of the microtubules in the collagen of the pineal gland.

It's difficult for me to "flex" my middle ear muscles while also NOT flexing my pineal gland. But ideally there should be no pressure felt in the brain but rather the spirit with the Heart will create a standing ELF subharmonic with the Earth's schumann resonance field. So then the Yuan Qi will fill the body - and even the skull gets flexible and the bones are pliable. So then you no longer "feel" the body - like in deep dreamless sleep - there is just strong bliss as the energy merges with the Universe. I guess this is why it is called silence or Mouna Samadhi. With very strong mental concentration then I guess the mind can "listen" to the source of the acoustic phonons as the spacetime source of light (spirit).

I know that with increased melanin in the inner ear then louder sound can be heard with less damage to the ear. So the sound processing is both mechanical and electrochemical but then it is transduced to biophoton spirit energy - so essentially listening is sonoluminescence. Since we can listen FASTER than time-frequency (Fourier) uncertainty this means that the middle ear muscle is PULLING in or extracting sound - instead of the ears being simply a passive receiver. So with active listening as meditation - there is phase coherence faster than time-frequency uncertainty, with the phase coherence being then sub-angstrom, and therefore smaller wavelength of light (with a superluminal frequency).

So to rely simply on "thinking" to "flex" the middle ear music - this is a left-brain focus. Whereas just pure logical inference as LISTENING is a right brain focus as "attention" and this "attention" as awareness then enables frequency modulation just as visualization is also right brain dominant. So then by just visualizing a change in the attention, internally, this enables listening based on frequency-time directly (instead of the amplitude-frequency conversion of flexing a muscle).

This is what I called the Triode Amplifier Effect - in an essay I wrote on Richard Feynman - meaning that the horizontal listening of right to left ear phase coherence then creates a vertical cycling of energy based on internal visual attention (the concentrated YI of the heart). So we can think of a bicycle wheel - it is much easier to spin the wheel from the rim then to hold the wheel at the hub and try to spin the wheel at the hub. So then by listening to the 12 harmonic nodes along the outside of the body-mind - this, with each turn of the wheel, increases the frequency of the sound, as the energy is transduced (ionizing electrochemicals, into coherent laser energy and then spacetime energy itself).

So then we learn to listen with the lower dan tien and - and the heart and this is called

The secret of Listening with the heart as the Ear of the Heart. So think of the Heart as the yin-yang symbol combined together - and you flip it around - so the ears then become the heart when moved down and around (you listen as right-ear dominant with the eyes closed as visualizing attention).

https://misophonia-research.com/stephen-porges/

In terms of sound frequencies, in what way does Robert Monroe’s hemi-sync be a source of sound? I recently read where Tom Campbell a physicist developed the hemi-sync frequencies. 

26 minutes ago, ralis said:

In terms of sound frequencies, in what way does Robert Monroe’s hemi-sync be a source of sound? I recently read where Tom Campbell a physicist developed the hemi-sync frequencies. 

I don't know who created it, but many of Robert Monroe's beginning hemi-sync audio's he starts off saying 'listen to the right ear, a solid tone.  Now listen to your left ear another slightly different solid tone.  Now when we play them together, you'll hear (I forget his word) a rhythm, a staccato beat' as your brain creates a dissonance. 

A few hypnotists use a similar sonic device these days. 

16 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I don't know who created it, but many of Robert Monroe's beginning hemi-sync audio's he starts off saying 'listen to the right ear, a solid tone.  Now listen to your left ear another slightly different solid tone.  Now when we play them together, you'll hear (I forget his word) a rhythm, a staccato beat' as your brain creates a dissonance. 

A few hypnotists use a similar sonic device these days. 

Thanks!

I have all of Monroe's hemi-sync waves 1-6 and many more. Also have the entire library of Jose Silva's work which of late has been very useful!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Thanks!

I have all of Monroe's hemi-sync waves 1-6 and many more. Also have the entire library of Jose Silva's work which of late has been very useful!

I've wondered how you keep your cool :)

55 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I've wondered how you keep your cool :)

Sometimes it is not easy given the bigotry (all forms of) that goes unchecked on this site. There are some that believe that bigotry should be given an equal voice. I vehemently disagree!

Edited by ralis
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, ralis said:

Thanks!

So I did a previous blog post on Dr. Porges:

Slow Exhalation specifically!! Exhale for close to two minutes!!

Similar to "retention AFTER exhale."....

Dr. Stephen Porges:

There's literally a mirroring because people react....Try to do that [slow long exhale] with a significant other and see how you feel. Part of that long exhalation is in a way TURNING YOU ON TO THAT OTHER PERSON so we want to be careful that we don't get connected to people that we shouldn't be around.

Sing-Song-Y voice causes dogs to calm down but a Monotone voice causes dogs to go into submission - the emotional reaction to voice is from our common ancestor from 100 million years ago!! Amazing - sing-song-y frequency modulated emotional voice is Right-Brain dominant!!

In dogs, we found that an auditory region in the right cESG, close to the primary auditory cortex, was sensitive to emotional valence, for both dog and human vocalizations (Table S3). No emotional modulation effect was found in the corresponding cESG region of the left hemisphere, with a significant difference across hemispheres [T(10) = 2.234, p < 0.05, see the Supplemental Experimental Procedures]. ....This emotional modulation effect was present bilaterally for both dog and human vocal stimuli, with only a tendency for a right-hemisphere bias [T(21) = 1.879, p = 0.074].

Vocal Prosody - musical tones - is mediated by the vagus and so the more Sing-Song-Y - the more "safe" a mammal is.

If Voles lose their Vagal Tone - as fathers - then attack their own "pups."

So this is also the cause of male human abuse of children.

The orbital muscles are the eyes are controlled by the middle ear muscles that activate the vagus nerve! If you scared and immobilized (the deep right side vagus nerve) then you can't hear the human voice since you're focused on the BACKGROUND SOUNDS of the predator.  But if you build "vagal response resilience" then you can put on the vagal break of the mammalian left side vagus nerve.

Low frequency sounds make people scared. Quiet space with Sing-Song-Y Prosodic voices help then regulate the middle ear muscles to calm people down. Auditory hyperSensitivity is a symptom of autistic spectrum and poor eye gaze, speaking loudly and monotonic.

Our body is hard-wired to detect predators but when we're young we inherently have strong vagal response resilience. Teenagers REFLECT the bass sounds OUT due to strong Middle Ear muscle flexing!! So teenagers will turn up the bass because of their strong vagal response resilience.

For adults - the high frequency sounds of words (the consonants on the end of the words) will be inaudible due to the lack of vagus nerve middle muscle resilience - the "Neural tone."

Dr. Stephen Porges exposes the Reptilians in Control of modern civilization:

So many of the people that we interact with, do things because it will benefit. And that is not truly mammalian. It's a very strange thing. Because we have to think in terms of the core mammalian feature, which is to give and to support and to empower.

In contrast, a recent study found that chronic wheel running seems to increase anandamide levels in the hippocampus of rodents (6). In general, the lipophilic structure of eCBs may affect the accurate detection of subtle changes in eCB levels in brain regions as a result of their fast elimination and distribution.

Runner's High - Endogenous Cannabinoids bypass the blood-brain barrier! Endorphins DO NOT pass the blood brain barrier.

Edited by voidisyinyang