Just now, rene said:

No mistaking mine.

I'm aiming at a hawk.

:D

See , that makes me angry again. I don't even like the suggestion .. 

12 minutes ago, Stosh said:

You said you'd shoot the hawk , that's not my box. 

Sorry though, I gotta drop out of this conversation, this is pushing my buttons. 

I didn't say I'd shoot the hawk. I planted a tree - remember?

6 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I don't think I misread , I think she wrote it ,and changed it ,and the text box showed me the original text. But I have no proof and so I look insane. :)

I did write that my father would have shot the squirrel [who was eating baby cardinals]. 

And you don't look insane. You're emotional, and it'll pass.. 

• Like 2

Just now, ilumairen said:

I didn't say I'd shoot the hawk. I planted a tree - remember?

I did write that my father would have shot the squirrel [who was eating baby cardinals]. 

And you don't look insane. You're emotional, and it'll pass.. 

Thanks , I didn't know till now just how much this subject would get to me, I am fine with hunters , fishing etc and all but this wasteful killing of harmless critters ... I don't like it one bit. 

9 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Thats true , just looks like a sun blob. OOOH , now I see it was Pilgrim who said he would shoot the hawk and Ilumarian that said they would weaken it !! Sorry sorry sorry , yes my f up . 

I did not say I'd weaken it. You said I'd weaken it. Soo.. who is on first?

As Pilgrim said, this confusion regarding our avatars has happened before. 

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

I did not say I'd weaken it. You said I'd weaken it. Soo.. who is on first?

As Pilgrim said, this confusion regarding our avatars has happened before. 

Right again. Sorry ,, this issue is like waving a red cape in front of me. 

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

We'll find our way Stosh... 

I guess , well , rene did ask 

btw...which "righteous" path are you trying to stay on?

Keep my mouth shut more, for one

Just now, Stosh said:

Thats true , just looks like a sun blob.

I know.

It is what one experiences in a form of Samadhi by the practice of Yoni Mudra in Kriya Prior to that there are rings that look like Supernova. As one closes in they see a Black orb with a thin 5 pointed white star after going through the star one is in a Liquid Plasma field of light and sees their own soul.

Here is the larger image I created attempting to depict this process but once fully inside I would need the talents of Lucas Arts and the resources of Disney to really show things as they truly are.

5c87d290b7f96_insideJyoti.thumb.jpg.88b2be2babc80ab19ca82a639085f264.jpg

6 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

I know.

It is what one experiences in a form of Samadhi by the practice of Yoni Mudra in Kriya Prior to that there are rings that look like Supernova. As one closes in they see a Black orb with a thin 5 pointed white star after going through the star one is in a Liquid Plasma field of light and sees their own soul.

Here is the larger image I created attempting to depict this process but once fully inside I would need the talents of Lucas Arts and the resources of Disney to really show things as they truly are.

5c87d290b7f96_insideJyoti.thumb.jpg.88b2be2babc80ab19ca82a639085f264.jpg

Cool, but as a thumbnail size avatar, it doesnt translate, I had a snapping turtle and if I remember correctly , I was asked if it was an oyster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Did you notice the quotes around the word righteous?

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Did you notice the quotes around the word righteous?

Yes but they didn't register anything significant because opinions about rightness are often considered subjective. Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

See , that makes me angry again. I don't even like the suggestion .. 

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

Thanks , I didn't know till now just how much this subject would get to me, I am fine with hunters , fishing etc and all but this wasteful killing of harmless critters ... I don't like it one bit. 

48 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Do you think you can improve upon the Universe? I do not think it can be done. <--LZ said that somewhere.

It can be difficult, for some, to know when to 'interfere' with the natural course of things. Especially if one is stuck in 'either/or' thinking. I've spoken a lot over the decades about 'Both, same time' - but this last bit of conversation illustrates how the rubber meets the road in that idea.

First, though, Stosh - I seriously doubt your antipathy regarding wasteful killing exceeds mine. When coyotes kill it is for food. When I kill it is for food. IMO 'trophy' hunters should be mounted on walls. 

So. How do we know if or when we should 'interfere' or not? My way, is to let things take their natural course - AND - when and if I'm strongly compelled (by my own instincts) to interfere then I do so... and whatever outcome, comes <--regardless of any personal preference of mine. <<<THAT is the 'Both, same time' here. I do what I sense is the right thing in the moment, AND, it's not possible for me to know if it was the right thing or not. (ala SaiOng). It's because it's not possible to know all outcomes of my choices - any angst or lament I may have after the fact is mitigated. 

That's why I was asking about a 'righteous path'. I don't think there are any pre-prescribed paths that are 'righteous' in themselves - which leads back to the OP. While finding one's way up from the 'bottom' - listening to one's instincts, true heart, can be informative and helpful.  

That, and - 

wolves.jpg

Edited by rene
add pic
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, rene said:

Do you think you can improve upon the Universe? I do not think it can be done. <--LZ said that somewhere.

This is a point I have wrestled with , In a finite world I can see it viewed that ones gain is anothers loss.

Then , on the other hand , ,,, I ,and others, do feel like the world is better for having its myriad creatures, and that there is indeed an element of progress to human endeavors, as we see it,, ,but on the fourth hand, improvement is still my and their subjective view, notwithstanding .  Yet on the fifth hand...  for all our declared progress, we are still overpopulating and destroying. 

( the other two hands I have mentioned recently and go without repeating) 

Last night I watched a vid on Andaman islanders , it touched on what may be unique ancestry ( ties in with the Atlantis thread) and it also touches on this thread because they were thought to be mostly cannibals. Which coincidentally makes them possibly one of the smartest peoples on earth , since when Europeans and other Moderns showed up they threw spears until we left. ( which is probably why they may be still existent,  for so long, just as they are, and throws in question ,what might be deemed progress) 

Forgive my use of my native tongue , if one can follow it it saves a lot of typing

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stosh said:

This is a point I have wrestled with , In a finite world I can see it viewed that ones gain is anothers loss.

Then , on the other hand , ,,, I ,and others, do feel like the world is better for having its myriad creatures, and that there is indeed an element of progress to human endeavors, as we see it,, ,but on the fourth hand, improvement is still my and their subjective view, notwithstanding .  Yet on the fifth hand...  for all our declared progress, we are still overpopulating and destroying. 

It's my belief that a man can improve himself. When enough people realize this, they target their focus internal, and as if by accident the external world improves. To focus on the external first is a waste of time.

55 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

It's my belief that a man can improve himself. When enough people realize this, they target their focus internal, and as if by accident the external world improves. To focus on the external first is a waste of time.

I am of the reverse opinion at the moment.

But ,Yes people do look for that internal magic key, but I don't see evidence supporting it...ever.

Spiritual battles take place in the physical court.

If you can see it as a classic which came first chicken egg thing, we can jump to practical application.

Edited by Stosh

51 minutes ago, Stosh said:

If you can see it as a classic which came first chicken egg thing, we can jump to practical application.

I want a peaceful world so I will bash my enemies over the head until they are nice to me.

Or...

I want a peaceful world so I will learn to be a peaceful man.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I want a peaceful world so I will bash my enemies over the head until they are nice to me.

Or...

As a peacekeeper in Nepal I learned that being at peace myself was going a long way appeasing a potentially violent situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Always. Every action and non-action, every moment of change, is one of equal creation and destruction. Such is the way (-:

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Right! Seeing these things as not mutually exclusive is what ends 'either/or' mindset. 

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Last night I watched a vid on Andaman islanders , it touched on what may be unique ancestry ( ties in with the Atlantis thread) and it also touches on this thread because they were thought to be mostly cannibals. Which coincidentally makes them possibly one of the smartest peoples on earth , since when Europeans and other Moderns showed up they threw spears until we left. ( which is probably why they may be still existent,  for so long, just as they are, and throws in question ,what might be deemed progress) 

Forgive my use of my native tongue , if one can follow it it saves a lot of typing

Your words are clear to me; glad you're using them. (-:

2 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

I am of the reverse opinion at the moment.

But ,Yes people do look for that internal magic key, but I don't see evidence supporting it...ever.

Spiritual battles take place in the physical court.

I'm not sure the internal and external are all that unconnected.

As above, so below. As within, so without.

Changing one's surroundings affects our internals...

and once we change the way we look at things - the things we look at change.

Or so it seems to me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Or...

Oh,is that where you were going? I see. I thought you were going as Rene spoke.

Edited by Stosh

2 minutes ago, rene said:

I'm not sure the internal and external are all that unconnected.

As above, so below. As within, so without.

Changing one's surroundings affects our internals...

and once we change the way we look at things - the things we look at change.

Or so it seems to me.

Agreed, chicken egg relationship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rene said:

Hey @Pilgrim  I like your new avatar!! No mixing up that one!

It's a frog looking at a spider I think.^_^

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Agreed, chicken egg relationship.

If it was sequential, yes...

I see it more as simultaneous

• Like 1