Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Hong Kong Vat People

I was asking myself what would happen if in a few years time a facility opened in HK (somewhere) where you could plug yourself in and live in a vat like on lifesupport.   And you would enter a "world", just like in the movie the Matrix.

My question was, would anybody do it ?
And my sense was that a sizeable number of people would do it.
And this gave me quite a bad feeling about the future.

• Like 1

Each to their own. Who are you or I to tell anyone what to do with their life so as to please us?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

And you would enter a "world", just like in the movie the Matrix.

good movie

"they come to be woken, their dream has become their reality"

Edited by windwalker

Masata:

- I don't like being tied down. I don't like depending on one place. I go where I want. With total freedom.

He isn't giving up.

6 hours ago, rideforever said:

Already there are people in Japan living in cyber cafes

And how does that affect your life and who are you are to judge them?

All my questions are of course rhetorical because I have better things to do like burying my baby sister today. So you have a good time worrying about somebody else and how they live their life because some of us have some real life living to do.

On 05.03.2019 at 12:59 AM, rideforever said:

I was asking myself what would happen if in a few years time a facility opened in HK (somewhere) where you could plug yourself in and live in a vat like on lifesupport.   And you would enter a "world", just like in the movie the Matrix.

And my sense was that a sizeable number of people would do it.
And this gave me quite a bad feeling about the future.

In order for this to become a reality, a prerequisite is needed. Now a large number of people in the world do not have a livelihood, many feel unnecessary in the world. I have never thought about it before, but I think this is really possible, since many people are desperate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pavel Karavaev said:

desperate.

Yes desperate, whilst obsessing with indulgences.
"You cannot get enough of what you don't need".

Happened to watch this this morning.
( >> still in other quarters there is fightback )

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rideforever said:

Yes desperate, whilst obsessing with indulgences.
"You cannot get enough of what you don't need".

Happened to watch this this morning.
( >> still in other quarters there is fightback )

Great, thanks for that. But what happened to the end of the vid ? It just ended mid sentence ?  :huh: I wanna see the rest .

I also find it interesting as it is a similar theme to my Anthro thesis ; not about Empire as such but about culture and societies .

All cultures and societies, regardless of what time they existed and where seem to go through certain dynamics and these dynamics can be seen as stages that indicate whether the culture is stable and beneficial , 'good' . working, or in decline, unhealthy and about to end.

A healthy culture is one that allows its people to feel good, understand and comprehend what is going on the world around them and to preserve that world and system for their continence. A culture in crisis goes through the same stages, regardless of time and location of the culture. In brief summary the stages of breakdown includes;  the breakdown of family ties, abuse of children and elders/elderly, not caring for sacred sites / vandalising of public utilities,  substance abuse, resource abuse and mismanagement, feelings of confusion and pointlessness ( that is, the socio-cultural system no longer supplies valid reasons for existence and individual purpose, or it has become confused and unknown ), 'depression'  ( the natural joy of life dissipates ),  self harm and finally suicide .

There are also certain factors and occurrences that bring these stages about. We know about that, so, theoretically we should be able to reverse these trends .... in some cultures .  This has been the case with some very devastated groups, at the near end of their cultural demise , in Australia . Many have vanished - too late .  It is only now that some have begun to understand that a revitalisation of a culture, in concert with a new valid expression of the dominant paradigm, or new changing or introduced circumstances can  revitalise, heal and crreate a new continuance of cultural variation.

Eg,  The Kiadilt people where in terminal phase many ears ago, their rate if self harm and suicide was tragic.  The healing and  remedies where  gradually introduced. Now their numbers are increasing, they have some of their land back, they have been shown how simple adaptions of their own culture leads to a new reverence   ( eg, people being trained as National Park and Wildlife Service officers, travel guides, environmental workers, fire management teachers,  cultural adn language teachers, opened to the internation arts market, where they can make a good income  - that is others and themselves have begun again to see their worth.

But Empires ? They are such huge 'behemoths' that I dont think these cultural remedies apply there  they rise and decline and end and new ones start.  Occasionally, historically, we see a revamp, but that is unusual .

But in both cases ; looking at the indicators of socio-cultural decline and imminent disaster AND the patterns for Empires falling  and those indicators  .......      we had it ! 

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

we had it

Humans seem unable to comprehend what is happening "inside". 

They know what is happening outside, but in fact the inside is not visible. 

And I am very much afraid that the destruction of empires is directly related to the low level of the human consciousness.   Basically the blindness is simply part of the human consciousness, hence "you know not the day, nor even the hour".

For instance, I was asking myself yesterday, why can't people feel "what is good" ?   Why don't people know what is good for them ?
In our society people should be able to feel what is good, but it is awash with Hollywood feelings transmitted by the media.   People are copying/replaying these feelings, and like sugar they wash through the society until the simple good of your own feelings are heavily masked.   Like if you eat a lot of sugar and simple nutritious food is not clear to you.   This is why in the Bible it says not to eat leavened foods ... rich foods damage your sensitivity and lead to daydreaming and not feeling reality.

Likewise with thought.   Our society is awash with thought, normally of very low level, until such point people really don't have much experience of clear constructive grounded systematic thought leading to action.   Instead they are sprayed with countless ideas through the media until they thinking is of a low quality.   Again sugar.

Because so many humans are caught in these things it is like living in a world of drunks, and it strongly affects you.   Pulling you in.  And society goes in seasons, in some seasons everyone is drunk, in others every dry.  

At the same time because there is so much sugar thought and sugar emotion flying around people act like everything is "just great".   And they tend to take great pleasure in destroying the wisdom of the past, pulling down institutions and re-writing history, and anything else that pricks their fragile sense of themselves.   Once they have damaged all the institutions that are actually responsible for many good things ... then they will feel very very pleased with themselves.  These people become the agents of the destruction, and we have to forgive them because they know not what they do, and for them it is the right thing to do ... it makes sense for them given where they are at.

Another tack : society is composed of two kinds of people.   Those that will attack any new ideas, because they threaten their slender handholds on reality.   And those that wish to grow, which are few.   And these two sides are in mortal war with each other.

And at the same time humans are not here "just like this".   We are transforming energy like plants photoshynthesise, and so there are external rules as well that have more to do with the processes of life on earth and its energy transformation ... than with any wish on our part.  We are also subject to external rules.

I also recently learned that about 15,000 years ago the skulls of humans were much larger (CroMagnon/Neanderthal) and I happen to know that this likely made humans more conscious back then ... not because of brain weight, but because more chakras were within the skull and so easier to feel.   And this change to reduce the size of humans may have resulted in "the fall of man".   At least that would be a hard biological reason for such an idea.

And it is also true that ... the next phase of evolution after animal is not angel, but is animal-plus.   And in our case the plus is not very big, and so it is just quite painful and disastrous, half blind creatures who can't be animals but can't be anything else, alternately building and then destroying themselves.

Nevertheless I believe most of the main spiritual traditions work ... if you actually follow them, which few people do.  But there are a lot, so it can't be said that help is far away.

39 minutes ago, rideforever said:

For instance, I was asking myself yesterday, why can't people feel "what is good" ?   Why don't people know what is good for them ?...

After I watched that vid and the 'next play selection' came up, there was one with Kurt Vonnegut being a fan I watched. Iliked the end so much I posted it in the what you watch on youtube forum , I will put it here again so you see can see the end .... in relation to your above comment .

@14:10

Sign in to follow this