8 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Or what is actually said... 

What I mean is, if a person's words are found to be a bunch of shit buy another person, the second person can easily say, "I see no value in what you present" - or walk away. And there will be no issues or repurcussions.

The second person also (clearly) has the option to "kick it up a notch", but they should also be willing to accept the repurcussions for their own choice of words. 

Once someone has stepped into personal insult, to then fall back on simply 'due to disagreement' is disingenuous imo.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dawei said:

What is the Dao of a Tree ?

Should it slump towards the ground or raise up in response to the sun/heavens?  Think Heliotropism of plants.

A tree can live (be nourished) due to the benefit of heaven and earth.  

So should man. 

The Dao of water likewise displays attributes that we can say, so should man. 

The Dao of a Tree - is to flourish, or not; to grow, or not; to slump towards the ground, or not; to raise up in response to the sun/heavens, or not; and in its own time, and by its own nature (dao) to eventually wither and die. Such is the way.

• Like 5

The human species with their insignificant anthropocentric point of view is on full display here. Lonely planet earth orbits in the backwater of the Milky Way galaxy and is hardly significant.

Anyone seen the new image of the black hole some 55 million light years away?

7200.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

The human species with their insignificant anthropocentric point of view is on full display here.

I seem to remember yourself and Vaj going at it for 50+ pages back in the day.

I miss those times....

15 minutes ago, ralis said:

The eye of Sauron 

2 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

The eye of Sauron 

"And in the darkness bind them."

Kinda appropriate for a black hole. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ralis said:

The human species with their insignificant anthropocentric point of view is on full display here. Lonely planet earth orbits in the backwater of the Milky Way galaxy and is hardly significant.

Now that's an elevated perspective.

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Yes, but can anyone see Uranus in this pic? 

Only after Taco Bell supper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

Disagreement is not grounds for moderator/admin action. 

And this reverse victimhood seems very odd to me. Sometimes it's not what is said, but the manner in which it's said. 

You have missed my point. I did not say the admins disagreement with me caused their action. It was the people who disagreed with me who reported me which caused the admins to take action. I don't care, I am just highlighting the behavior to show how the dysfunction happens.

1 hour ago, dawei said:

What is the Dao of a Tree ?

Should it slump towards the ground or raise up in response to the sun/heavens?  Think Heliotropism of plants.

A tree can live (be nourished) due to the benefit of heaven and earth.  

So should man. 

The Dao of water likewise displays attributes that we can say, so should man. 

Saying man should be like a tree is saying they should make them selves bigger. That idea, that we should make ourselves bigger is antithetical to the Dao.

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

The second person also (clearly) has the option to "kick it up a notch", but they should also be willing to accept the repurcussions for their own choice of words.

You are assuming I am not willing to accept the repercussions. Do you think I said what I said with no intent?

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Why be amazed with something 55 million light years away when I am amazed right here!

And speaking of anthropocentric, I have yet to meet a bird that is interested in black holes.

39 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Why be amazed with something 55 million light years away when I am amazed right here!

And speaking of anthropocentric, I have yet to meet a bird that is interested in black holes.

I think you missed my point!

Belief systems that are underpinned by anthropocentric views are caught up in the pre-Copernicus era. During the formation of city states during the Axial Age, monotheism was invented as a means of political social control so as to maintain order among the populous which were replete with diverse pagan belief systems.

I think most so called Taoists are still caught in the pre-Copernicus earth centered belief system. Or, as Robert Anton Wilson famously stated; belief systems are BS.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ralis said:

I think you missed my point!

Belief systems that are underpinned by anthropocentric views are caught up in the pre-Copernicus era. During the formation of city states during the Axial Age, monotheism was invented as a means of political social control so as to maintain order among the populous which were replete with diverse pagan belief systems.

I think most so called Taoists are still caught in the pre-Copernicus earth centered belief system. Or, as Robert Anton Wilson famously stated; belief systems are BS.

There is more than one Dao to follow?

There is only one religion today?

I am confused.

But I agree.

Edited by Song of the Dao

1 hour ago, Song of the Dao said:

You have missed my point. I did not say the admins disagreement with me caused their action. It was the people who disagreed with me who reported me which caused the admins to take action. I don't care, I am just highlighting the behavior to show how the dysfunction happens.

Several here already characterized our posting habit and not one said it has anything to do with disagreements.   They highlighted dysfunction on some level as well. 

59 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Saying man should be like a tree is saying they should make them selves bigger. That idea, that we should make ourselves bigger is antithetical to the Dao.

I never said big. You introduced that concept by reading something that was not mentioned.   Are you seeing the problem yet ?

16 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

There is more than one Dao to follow?

There is only one religion today?

I am confused.

But I agree.

I don't get your points at all. Never said what you are construing and my point is that monotheism is an earth centered belief which still to this day holds sway over many which was and still is entirely wrong! The Tao is not about the earth alone, but the entire cosmos/multiverse, not just some speck of dust we call planet earth.

• Like 2

I often think about that koan “kill Buddha / kill ancestral masters.” It’s really easy to read it the wrong way, but if apply it, like if actually see “the” Buddha walking down the street, and you just punch him in the face, if he really is the Real Buddha, then he’s going to get over it really freaking fast, but if he’s all like “how dare you disrespect my authority,” then you are probably better off just not having any more interaction with it.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rene said:

The Dao of a Tree - is to flourish, or not; to grow, or not; to slump towards the ground, or not; to raise up in response to the sun/heavens, or not; and in its own time, and by its own nature (dao) to eventually wither and die. Such is the way.

Excellent ! , and while I might have something entirely different , this is exactly how one should look at the teachings. Really really great , very uplifting. 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 11:54 AM, ilumairen said:

Disagreement is not grounds for moderator/admin action. 

And this reverse victimhood seems very odd to me. Sometimes it's not what is said, but the manner in which it's said. 

22 hours ago, Song of the Dao said:

You have missed my point. I did not say the admins disagreement with me caused their action.

I did not suggest this, and am hoping that now we've given the mud a little time to settle you may be better able to understand what I've actually written - instead of your inaccurate interpretation. 

It was the people who disagreed with me who reported me which caused the admins to take action.

Nope. It was your own words that led to the (rather gentle) admin action. 

You see, in this place people might make reports due only to disagreement, but action will not be taken on that basis alone. Soo, without your foray into the realm of personal attack no action would have been taken.

I don't care, I am just highlighting the behavior to show how the dysfunction happens.

One reason dysfunction happens imo, is because some individuals put responsibility for their own choices and behaviors at the feet of others. 

Another is not taking the time to understand what is actually being set forth before attempting to continue an argument (that may be erroneous).

22 hours ago, Song of the Dao said:

You are assuming I am not willing to accept the repercussions. Do you think I said what I said with no intent?

I am assuming you are placing the blame elsewhere (those pesky individuals who disagree with you), and deflecting your own culpability.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GSmaster said:

This is actually interesting. I am starting to understand.

Yes. Obviously.

There can be different dao and different ways to apply it.
Dao of a human and dao of immortal is not the same.

Nice, insight here, worthy.

Huh?