4 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Straw dogs...

I would say you fail to understand what that means. 

But that’s ok, on the bums everyone can speak their mind, no matter level of skill or knowledge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dawei said:

~~~ WARNING ~~~

Your comments (yes plural) have resulted in reports (yes plural) due to belittling posts.   

Try to keep posts less personal or insulting in nature.

thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha! I imagine no one who agreed with me reported me, right?

Warning? Nope. Cream rises to the top only when you are churning butter, not when you have a festering pool of sewage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Song of the Dao said:

If I say some one insulted me, who is the judge of that? All of these people talking about magic are insulting me!

As far as I've seen there have been no personal insults made to you by the individuals discussing magic. At which point, you'll be left to stew in your own acrimony, and sort out where the insult actually lies.. :hint hint: you're carrying it. 

So then it comes down to the moderators preference. I have never met them so why should I blindly give my authority to them?

You agreed to the Terms Of Service when you joined this site, and have already acquiesced to their authority.

I think we just have to face the fact that the internet is the biggest mistake in human history.

And yet there you sit - typing away. 

4 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

I would say you fail to understand what that means. 

But that’s ok, on the bums everyone can speak their mind, no matter level of skill or knowledge. 

But no, we cannot speak our mind, because you see, I got a "warning" based on reports from all the people who reported me just because they disagree with me. Were they truly offended?

The Dao treats all things like straw dogs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

As far as I've seen there have been no personal insults made to you by the individuals discussing magic. At which point, you'll be left to stew in your own acrimony, and sort out where the insult actually lies.. :hint hint: you're carrying it. 

You agreed to the Terms Of Service when you joined this site, and have already acquiesced to their authority.

And yet there you sit - typing away. 

You should be in the Confucian forum...

TOS? Do you think I know how to read?

17 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

You have taken my metaphor waaaaaay out of context.

Your metaphor didn't fit, and I enjoyed playing with it.

17 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Let's call it a deconstruction site then. You still need tools to do that as well.

People here are in different places and carry different tools to fulfill their varying tasks. If someone else's tool is not appropriate for you then simply don't pick it up. And if you find you've inadvertently picked up something that you find not useful to yourself, then set it back down. 

It's really quite simple. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

I got a "warning" based on reports from all the people who reported me just because they disagree with me. 

Because you were rude and insulting. 

Or because you wanted youwei instead of wuwei, and you didn't agree with how some Daoist schools interpret "straw dogs"?

The issue here is not that I am lifting myself up, as many of you assume, it is that I am cutting people down. People do not want to be in the low places, all want power. I tell people they have feces coming out of their mouth and they are offended! HA!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mudfoot said:

Or because you wanted youwei instead of wuwei, and you didn't agree with how some Daoist schools interpret "straw dogs"?

Please explain your straw dog interpretation...

3 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

You should be in the Confucian forum...

I like it here, thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

TOS? Do you think I know how to read?

Yes, clearly you know how to read, or we wouldn't be typing words at each other. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

I'd be interested in how some Daoist schools interpret straw dogs...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Song of the Dao said:

The issue here is not that I am lifting myself up, as many of you assume, it is that I am cutting people down. People do not want to be in the low places, all want power. I tell people they have feces coming out of their mouth and they are offended! HA!

Isn't cutting people down about power?

I didn't report you, nor does anything you say to or about me offend or bother me.

For someone who doesn't like low places you sure are digging a hole...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

But no, we cannot speak our mind, because you see, I got a "warning" based on reports from all the people who reported me just because they disagree with me. Were they truly offended?

The Dao treats all things like straw dogs.

I remember the days when we were free to speak our minds on here. As long as people weren't being threatened it was normally ok.

Opinions and risqué jokes are not threats. All I see is 'offended' individuals ganging up. It's like a college campus of 'triggered' left wing cultural marxists trying to ban Jordan Peterson.

• Like 3

Would you let a tiger sleep with your children? It is a natural response, and only people who do not see  the Dao do not know what is dangerous or not.

I suppose we could all just add sentences to The Dao De Ching and you would be happy with that?

Going at someone personally should be the last thing we are concerned with here!

Well...that's what flowing hands did. 

On 3/14/2014 at 3:41 PM, flowing hands said:

I am going to beg Li Erh Xian Shi (Lao Tzu) to teach me the rest of the verses which he originally wrote while staying at the border keepers house.

These texts or verses are basically called the 'sacred or spiritual verses of the Way and its heart'.

The term DDJ was given to these verses at some time after Li Erh wrote them.

I will start off with verse 82 and I hope he will honour me with his teachings. This will be a first and a great gift to humankind. If he doesn't want to teach me, well there's nothing I can do, but look to see on this post whether I have been successful.

On 3/14/2014 at 3:41 PM, flowing hands said:

On 11/16/2014 at 9:29 AM, flowing hands said:

Hi Folks I have taken off the verses that I had put on before. I have decided that really what I am being taught is a unique and special thing, no other holyman has ever been taught these verses, so I am going to publish them up to verse 108. I have taken them off because I own the rights to them.

I'll let you know when they get published. Hope you really appreciated them while they were here:)

Some of FH's  ddj verses can be found in the quoted parts of other member's posts in that linked thread above.... I think he was up to DDJ 97? when he pulled it all off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jonesboy said:

Isn't cutting people down about power?

I didn't report you, nor does anything you say to or about me offend or bother me.

For someone who doesn't like low places you sure are digging a hole...

It is not always about power. We are in a Daoist forum. We should be humbling others and testing their mettle.

And I like low places, which is why I keep digging.

• Like 1

Just now, Song of the Dao said:

It is not always about power. We are in a Daoist forum. We should be humbling others and testing their mettle.

And I like low places, which is why I keep digging.

I thought the teachings were to humble yourself.

Where does it show to humble others and test their mettle?

That seems the exact opposite of the teachings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Song of the Dao said:

Wow. And here I thought I was being outlandish....

Yep. That's what happens when someone comes in to the middle of a forum's history... and thinking they know what's what, and what's "best". 

• Like 2

Just now, Jonesboy said:

I thought the teachings were to humble yourself.

Where does it show to humble others and test their mettle?

That seems the exact opposite of the teachings.

I am being specific to Daoists talking with Daoists.  On the surface it looks unkind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I think Flowing Hands TTC is very, very good.

His first 81 pretty much parallels the Feng/English translation.

His LZ-channeled ones reveal (as best I recall) a moralistic undertone. 

Which is all fine and good - but adds extraneous concepts imo, and muddles up the clarity of the ddj. <--That's just my take; we each have our own understandings. (-:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I think Flowing Hands TTC is very, very good.

What he writes is antagonistic towards Lao Tzu, for example.

A great tree stretches its limbs towards the Heavens.

Men should be like trees.

A great tree draws its goodness from the Earth and from the Heavens.

Men should be like trees.

How do you even reconcile that with this from LAo Tzu?

The supreme good is like water,
which nourishes all things without trying to.
It is content with the low places that people disdain.
Thus it is like the Tao.

In dwelling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don’t try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

31 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Disagreement is not grounds for moderator/admin action. 

And this reverse victimhood seems very odd to me. Sometimes it's not what is said, but the manner in which it's said. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your ass is where your mouth should be!

Or what is actually said... 

18 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

What he writes is antagonistic towards Lao Tzu, for example.

How do you even reconcile that with this from LAo Tzu?

What is the Dao of a Tree ?

Should it slump towards the ground or raise up in response to the sun/heavens?  Think Heliotropism of plants.

A tree can live (be nourished) due to the benefit of heaven and earth.  

So should man. 

The Dao of water likewise displays attributes that we can say, so should man. 

• Like 1