6 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

And this is a classic example of a ruling technique, trying to place yourself in a superior position. 

You always have the option to ignore low quality threads. 

And Chuang Tzu is superior to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

This is important. We should not underestimate the number of people with mental illnesses who are attracted to religion.

It's awash with them. I was watching a documentary on Bentinho Massaro this morning. I didn't believe such brainwashed people actually existed. Glassy eyed, constantly smiling, agreeing with every word, without question. Paying over $2000 to sit and meditate, dance, smile, shake loose etc. Osho for the 21st century.

2 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

It's awash with them. I was watching a documentary on Bentinho Massaro this morning. I didn't believe such brainwashed people actually existed. Glassy eyed, constantly smiling, agreeing with every word, without question. Paying over $2000 to sit and meditate, dance, smile, shake loose etc. Osho for the 21st century.

Yeah, poor kid. And poor followers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

That's a bit of a cop out.

What are low quality threads ?

A thread not living up to the image of the proper daoist? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Going at someone personally should be the last thing we are concerned with here!

The people who made and maintain the site seem to disagree with you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

The people who made and maintain the site seem to disagree with you.

Yeah, and it is silly. Read what they wrote, no insulting "individuals" or "lifestyle choices". Vague, yes? Isn't following Daoism a lifestyle choice? Can I go to the Buddhist section and tell they they are deluded and lay out a reason why I think so?

If I say some one insulted me, who is the judge of that? All of these people talking about magic are insulting me!

So then it comes down to the moderators preference. I have never met them so why should I blindly give my authority to them?

I think we just have to face the fact that the internet is the biggest mistake in human history.

3 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

I think we just have to face the fact that the internet is the biggest mistake in human history.

It's all coming to an end shortly. I've been saving anything of significance to my hard drive. The thought police will soon rule.

Edited by lifeforce
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Lol. Alright then.... :D

25 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Can I go to the Buddhist section and tell they they are deluded and lay out a reason why I think so?

Yes! And they will quote you to death and bore you to tears. 

25 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

So then it comes down to the moderators preference. I have never met them so why should I blindly give my authority to them?

You have no power here, Gandalf the Grey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Song of the Dao said:

"Can you make me a cup of Qi?" I replied because GSmaster missed the point.

The cup is Qi as is everything you put in it.

It is up to you to realize it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

The cup is Qi as is everything you put in it.

It is up to you to realize it.

Typical junk mumbo jumbo new age speak. Empty words from an empty mind.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

Maybe the mods need to get their heads together to filter out things which are promoted here, which potentially could cause harm. Physically, spiritually and mentally. 

You could make a list 😁

Top 10 dangerous practices actively promoted on TDB. 

That would make an interesting thread. 

4 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Typical junk mumbo jumbo new age speak. Empty words from an empty mind.

My mind is pretty empty :)  therefore it doesn't have much mumbo jumbo in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Yes! And they will quote you to death and bore you to tears. 

You have no power here, Gandalf the Grey. 

I don't want power, I want equals. If I try to give you a hand up from a cliff's ledge you would probably stay there because that would mean I have power over you. HA!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Yes, but that is not in line with the founding principles of THIS forum. 

Maybe a forum connected to a specific school, based on the teachings of that school, would be more to your liking? 

1 hour ago, Song of the Dao said:

School? What school? I follow the Dao. The people who make schools of the Dao divide it into just some more of the ten thousand things.

And that is the issue, yes, the founding principles? If I came on to a house building forum and said I can build a house out of wind and clouds, or if I said hammers were the worst tool to secure nails, I would be either ridiculed until I left, learned, or the mods would ban me. Why? Because it leads people away from learning how to build a house and it is a distraction from the path.

So, like a house built on a bad foundation, we start to see cracks. What is left but to replace the foundation?

Quoted both posts for context. 

I took a few years sabbatical from internet forums. When I returned I found this site alone to be lively and thriving. 

Why is that? Probably because there is an understanding that this isn't a building site, and everyone isn't going to be wielding the same damn hammer. ^_^

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Your ass is where your mouth should be!

Really daoist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I took a few years sabbatical from internet forums. When I returned I found this site alone to be lively and thriving. 

Why is that? Probably because there is an understanding that this isn't a building site, and everyone isn't going to be wielding the same damn hammer. ^_^

You have taken my metaphor waaaaaay out of context.

Let's call it a deconstruction site then. You still need tools to do that as well.

2 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

You have taken my metaphor waaaaaay out of context.

Let's call it a deconstruction site then. You still need tools to do that as well.

Wrecking ball would be more appropriate.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Your ass is where your mouth should be!

~~~ WARNING ~~~

Your comments (yes plural) have resulted in reports (yes plural) due to belittling posts.   

Try to keep posts less personal or insulting in nature.

thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1