1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

If it worked that would be self-evident, like a person gaining supernatural powers out of nowhere.

But in majority of cases it ends poorly. At the very least a person loses 10-15-30-50 years practicing something and being stuck in advancement. In this particular case, it is all obvious, I've scanned it with 3rd eye, but not gonna say it publicly.

Finding out from all the ghosts / spirits lifeforms one that actually was an advanced cultivator and is willing to teach, is just as likely as winning national lottery.

Especially, when a person does not know / have not studied basic safety precautions when contacting spirits.

Like begging ghosts or opening up a weak position sounds like an invitation for a trouble..

I generally, do not endorse any practice with spirits communication for my students.

Flowing hands or any other master taught by Immortal, could demonstrate any siddhi.

That will prove authenticity and there won't be doubts about immortal teacher, whom nobody can verify.

For an immortal who is as powerful as all oceans and mountains, and planets together, who can transmit 1trillion volt power, it is not a problem to teach "student" siddhi.

Even Chang could teach Jim siddhi. It did not take 30 years, but about 5 or 10.

To truly connect to the Divine I believe one must be open to the 7th chakra. Can it happen before that? Sure but rare I would think.

I don’t really think one can teach another powers, it is more they clear away the obstructions that was keeping it hidden.

Do you just think it is not possible to connect to the Divine or to another person in a powerful way or is it more for you about all the dangers you perceive doing so?

• Like 1

A suggestion for the mods: with the way this thread is going, is it perhaps worth considering splitting this off from the original thread given that it's no longer anything to do with the OP? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Flowing hands or any other master taught by Immortal, could demonstrate any siddhi.

That will prove authenticity and there won't be doubts about immortal teacher, whom nobody can verify.

For an immortal who is as powerful as all oceans and mountains, and planets together, who can transmit 1trillion volt power, it is not a problem to teach "student" siddhi.

Even Chang could teach Jim siddhi. It did not take 30 years, but about 5 or 10.

I do see your point... how else can we verify someone's claims?

My answer to that would be, examine why you want to verify it?

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

I will make my comments brief as possible as to what I have observed regarding TDB. There are a number of persons here that have a form of Zen sickness also known as meditation sickness which can occur at any stage in the course of a practitioners experience. This applies to beginners as well as advanced students with no exception! Philip Kapleau's books as well as other writers have described this phenomenon in any number of books which are not limited to the Zen tradition. The wall one faces in the zendo are no different than the walled off constructed self we all face everyday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

A suggestion for the mods: with the way this thread is going, is it perhaps worth considering splitting this off from the original thread given that it's no longer anything to do with the OP? 

I am not waiting back through this mess to split it.

I think it needs to go in the pit.

• Like 2

OK This is my last post on TDB's anyone who does wish to contact me can get me at [email protected]

Siddhi have nothing to do with Daoism. It is an Indian word which is used to describe certain psychic phenomenon and trickery used in tantric practices.

What is religion used for and why do people use illusionists tricks too fool others? Simple answers one can see all over the world to have power/position/control of others and people are very gullible. Video's of Peter Popoff are very up front rogues, but some are more insidious and subtle manipulation. It maybe as simple as making money.   Organised religions use it whether it was done by some sage in the past or adepts do it now to get more people to believe in what they believe. Here on TDB's we have thousands of posts about a so called master who can set fire to things; look at the interest everyone had in him. He was very successful in creating a hum about his persona. Such a trick is easily replicated by ordinary people.

I am a wu, a shaman or holyman, we don't do tricks, we are not concerned with the fooling of others, nor are we concerned with power over others or taking money. Our job as described is to communicate with the spirit world. That world is not there for anyone to use and abuse that power. Thats why it is not accessible very easily or to anyone. What we are taught and the power we are given is not easily accessible to anyone either. Spiritual power as described in Chuang Tzu and Lao Tzu's writings is what we use to communicate and heal.

Lao Tzu was a great cultivator, but he was an incredibly wise man who sought no fame, or fortune from his deep knowledge. He made no cheap display of his power. He believed that people should not be governed by religion but should live simply according to the Dao. For the obvious reason I have just given. How many people do you know that has been part of a cult and been abused by people in it? I have known many and its usually about power, sex and money.

One can go to SE Asia and see so called folk religions peddling spirit  trickery for money. It may come under the banner of Daoism but most of it is a mish mash of all religions and practices borrowed from each other. That's why many people who have very little knowledge on here talk about siddhi's instead of Fa practices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

OK This is my last post on TDB's anyone who does wish to contact me can get me at [email protected]

This is very sad that we are, yet again, losing another fine member with a lot of Daoist wisdom. This is supposed to be a Daoist forum after all. I think the people who run the show, need to look at why this is happening. I'm considering not participating here also.

I've learned an awful lot here over the years and have tried to share what experiences I have had with others.

Part of that is exposing charlatans and cultish activities. I believe as a supposedly caring community it is our duty to do just that.

What a shame.

Edited by lifeforce
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

Siddhi have nothing to do with Daoism. It is an Indian word which is used to describe certain psychic phenomenon and trickery used in tantric practices.

What is religion used for and why do people use illusionists tricks too fool others? Simple answers one can see all over the world to have power/position/control of others and people are very gullible. Video's of Peter Popoff are very up front rogues, but some are more insidious and subtle manipulation. It maybe as simple as making money.   Organised religions use it whether it was done by some sage in the past or adepts do it now to get more people to believe in what they believe. Here on TDB's we have thousands of posts about a so called master who can set fire to things; look at the interest everyone had in him. He was very successful in creating a hum about his persona. Such a trick is easily replicated by ordinary people.

I am a wu, a shaman or holyman, we don't do tricks, we are not concerned with the fooling of others, nor are we concerned with power over others or taking money. Our job as described is to communicate with the spirit world. That world is not there for anyone to use and abuse that power. Thats why it is not accessible very easily or to anyone. What we are taught and the power we are given is not easily accessible to anyone either. Spiritual power as described in Chuang Tzu and Lao Tzu's writings is what we use to communicate and heal.

Lao Tzu was a great cultivator, but he was an incredibly wise man who sought no fame, or fortune from his deep knowledge. He made no cheap display of his power. He believed that people should not be governed by religion but should live simply according to the Dao. For the obvious reason I have just given. How many people do you know that has been part of a cult and been abused by people in it? I have known many and its usually about power, sex and money.

One can go to SE Asia and see so called folk religions peddling spirit  trickery for money. It may come under the banner of Daoism but most of it is a mish mash of all religions and practices borrowed from each other. That's why many people who have very little knowledge on here talk about siddhi's instead of Fa practices.

This should be pinned for future contemplation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

This is very sad that we are, yet again, losing another fine member with a lot of Daoist wisdom. This is supposed to be a Daoist forum after all. I think the people who run the show, need to look at why this is happening. I'm considering not participating here also.

I've learned an awful lot here over the years and have tried to share what experiences I have had with others.

Part of that is exposing charlatans and cultish activities. I believe as a supposedly caring community it is our duty to do just that.

What a shame.

Yes. I come and go here, just to check in. Seems it is the same or worse.

This is happening across the whole of internet however. Moderators only moderate "bad behavior" and they should be acting more like editors of newspapers, editing for content. That only scares people who think they know it all.

The view here, and in Zen circles for that matter, is sort of "everyone is right". I see people say here that Daosim is anything you want it to be! Ha! No one here has any authority to correct them, and so it goes. No zendo survives without a zen master.  And no Dao forum can survive without following the Dao.

If this were a furniture building forum we would be able to see the master craftsman very easily, but with these matters, with all of us hiding behind fake names, it is very hard to find a true master.

I suggest you all walk around your neighborhood and see if the common people on the street see that you carry the triple gems without speaking a word of the Dao. There you will find your answer.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

OK This is my last post on TDB's

7 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

I'm considering not participating here also.

Whoa whoa, let's take a breather here gents. Purely out of my selfish interests but I'd hate to see you senior fellas leave. Just like you once did, us junior bums learn a lot from you guys. Wether I agree with everything I read here or not, many posts open up new perspectives either for further research or to be put on layby for a bit of maturing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Song of the Dao said:

Yes. I come and go here, just to check in. Seems it is the same or worse.

This is happening across the whole of internet however. Moderators only moderate "bad behavior" and they should be acting more like editors of newspapers, editing for content. That only scares people who think they know it all.

The view here, and in Zen circles for that matter, is sort of "everyone is right". I see people say here that Daosim is anything you want it to be! Ha! No one here has any authority to correct them, and so it goes. No zendo survives without a zen master.  And no Dao forum can survive without following the Dao.

If this were a furniture building forum we would be able to see the master craftsman very easily, but with these matters, with all of us hiding behind fake names, it is very hard to find a true master.

I suggest you all walk around your neighborhood and see if the common people on the street see that you carry the triple gems without speaking a word of the Dao. There you will find your answer.

Thank you for that post. I highlighted the best part. It is indeed happening across the 'interweb'.  Political correctness, conformity and 'not rocking the boat' are becoming standard practice everywhere in all forms of society. 

Unfortunately, conflict is part of life. We didn't get anywhere as a species by living in a utopian, heaven-like environment. That's how stagnation sets in and progress is killed.

• Like 2

Just now, Swede said:

Whoa whoa, let's take a breather here gents. Purely out of my selfish interests but I'd hate to see you senior fellas leave. Just like you once did, us junior bums learn a lot from you guys. Wether I agree with everything I read here or not, many posts open up new perspectives either for further research or to be put on layby for a bit of maturing. 

How long would you expect a rabbit to hang around a snake den? Take it up with the people who allow all the charlatans on the site.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

Thank you for that post. I highlighted the best part. It is indeed happening across the 'interweb'.  Political correctness, conformity and 'not rocking the boat' are becoming standard practice everywhere in all forms of society. 

Unfortunately, conflict is part of life. We didn't get anywhere as a species by living in a utopian, heaven-like environment. That's how stagnation sets in and progress is killed.

Thanks. If you want to get in the weeds regarding this, read about Inverted Totalitarianism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_totalitarianism

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

They now believe everything is a metaphor, and qi abilities do not exist, even qi itself does no exist.

Who is this, they ?

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

They now believe everything is a metaphor, and qi abilities do not exist, even qi itself does no exist.

Sad reality.

How else can you describe the undescribable Dao other than with a metaphor? Qi is a metaphor. If it were not I could gather a cup of it and sell it to you. Note I did not say Qi does not exist.

5 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

You are greatly mistaken, if you believe Qi has anything to do with Dao. Dao is dao, qi is qi, nothing in common.

If Qi has nothing to do with the Dao why are you here talking about it?

But since you have no Qi to sell me, how about a hot cup of Dao?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Song of the Dao said:

Some people talk like idiots and they think they express the Dao. This is an example of a person I would moderate.

I think he was banned/suspended at one time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Some people talk like idiots and they think they express the Dao. This is an example of a person I would moderate.

Yes, but that is not in line with the founding principles of THIS forum. 

Maybe a forum connected to a specific school, based on the teachings of that school, would be more to your liking? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mudfoot said:

Yes, but that is not in line with the founding principles of THIS forum. 

Maybe a forum connected to a specific school, based on the teachings of that school, would be more to your liking? 

School? What school? I follow the Dao. The people who make schools of the Dao divide it into just some more of the ten thousand things.

And that is the issue, yes, the founding principles? If I came on to a house building forum and said I can build a house out of wind and clouds, or if I said hammers were the worst tool to secure nails, I would be either ridiculed until I left, learned, or the mods would ban me. Why? Because it leads people away from learning how to build a house and it is a distraction from the path.

So, like a house built on a bad foundation, we start to see cracks. What is left but to replace the foundation?

• Like 1