Bindi

The Science of Rejuvenation of the Pineal Gland

What is the evidence that the pineal gland calcifies? If so, is this a phenomenon across the board or in just a few?

28 minutes ago, ralis said:

What is the evidence that the pineal gland calcifies? If so, is this a phenomenon across the board or in just a few?

Good question.

The medical and science types that literally dissected brains, kept finding these actual grains of "brain sand" deposit in the pineal. Nobody really figured out exactly why it's in there, but just assumed to be some sort of contaminant or build-up, not unlike a gall stone, etc. The technical term is corpora arenacea and chemical analysis reveal various calcium minerals. (ref https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora_arenacea).

• Like 3

I personally believe those little rocks are supposed to be in there! Minerals have different electrical properties and denser gravity effect, that maybe part of some subtle sensory mechanism not yet fully understood. The de-calcification trend maybe less about getting rid of it altogether, but about rebuilding a more clear and ordered crystal structure to them, so it acts as a bit of a kaleidoscope effect...  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Especially flouride.

How do you manage to keep your teeth healthy?

Not trying to critisize just curious.

5 minutes ago, Zork said:

How do you manage to keep your teeth healthy?

Not trying to critisize just curious.

There are flouride free toothpastes available but you really have to look for them, especially here in the UK. I've been using them for years now. All my teeth are clean, healthy and still strong, no fillings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

There are flouride free toothpastes available but you really have to look for them, especially here in the UK. I've been using them for years now. All my teeth are clean, healthy and still strong, no fillings.

Thanks for the answer. Keep in mind that tooth health can be a genetic blessing though. I have known people that rarely brush their teeth but still have excelent teeth.

32 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

The de-calcification trend maybe less about getting rid of it altogether, but about rebuilding a more clear and ordered crystal structure to them, so it acts as a bit of a kaleidoscope effect...  

Yes high level cultivators are said to leave behind such crystal structures (‘relics’) after being cremated. The pineal area is one, but there are others. Most revered stupas in Asia will contain at least one of these relics.

I can’t remember the source at the moment, but I remember being told that high quality, fresh cod liver oil can help ‘decalcify’ the pineal.

Incidentally cod liver oil seems to be very good for the soft tissues of the body - important for those of us practicing the internal arts.

Sadly most cod liver oil is rancid. Some you can smell immediately (tell tale rancidity mixed with strong fishiness), others go through a filtering process to take away the rancid and fishy smell before being sold.

I’ve smelled freshly harvested cod livers and they have a really nice, appetising fresh fish smell. If you freeze and defrost a cod liver, the oil separates from the liver tissue without going through chemical processing or heat and pressure processing. That’s probably the ideal source.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those who aren't convinced that pineal calcification is something to be avoided probably didn't read Bindi's original post here.  It's pretty long and technical, so I understand, but maybe at least check out

this section: 3. Pineal Gland Calcification (PGC), Melatonin Production, Neurodegenerative Diseases and Aging.

"Large amounts of evidence, however, also suggest that the pineal calcification was indeed associated with human pathological disorders and aging. Decades ago several studies pointed out the relationship between the pineal calcification and schizophrenia [73,166,167,168]. The highest pineal calcium content was detected in the pineal gland of patients who died of renal disease associated with hypertension among other diseases [169]. Currently, additional studies have reported the strong association of PGC and neurodegenerative diseases, particularly Alzheimer’s disease [170]. This association is connected with the melatonin levels synthesized by this gland. It is well established that melatonin is a neuroprotector with its potent antioxidant function and anti-inflammatory activity"

It goes on. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The pineal gland sends you to sleep.  So it's not a great deal of use if you want to wake up.

In terms of its physical location it is neither at the back of the head where most people awaken, nor in the forehead where other centres exist.   Thinking occurs from the forehead.   The third eye centres are in the forehead (front of head). 

It might interest some people to start noticing what information is conveyed on ancient paintings.

As for the health benefits, well it's worth a shot.

pineal.jpg

kkk.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's look up the pineal gland references in the Taoist Yoga book

https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Taoist-Yoga-Alchemy-and-Immortality.pdf

"Taoist books all urge the development of light in the Original Cavity or center of spirit, Tsu Ch'iao, in the centre of the brain"

Is the pineal gland in the center of the brain?

The pineal gland is located in the epithalamus, near the center of the brain,

yes

Nature manifests through the eyes

Is the pineal gland connected to the eyes?

gland.jpg?w=545

yes - Wow Taoist Yoga book really nails it!!

"In this center is a pearl the size of a grain of rice...it is the cavity of prenatal vitality [yuan qi]"

Is the pineal gland a pearl the size of a grain of rice?

about the size of a grain of rice (5–8 mm) in humans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freeform said:

Yes high level cultivators are said to leave behind such crystal structures (‘relics’) after being cremated. The pineal area is one, but there are others. Most revered stupas in Asia will contain at least one of these relics.

The Jewel in the Lotus sounds more romantic than the Rock in the Brain (or.. the Marbles in the Head? :D )

As for the associated pathology, it does absolutely warrant further investigation. Things like Alzheimer's and Schizophrenia are still drastically misunderstood, and whether an excessively crusty inner eye is really a cause or an after effect in such cases seems inconclusive. The fact that brain sands are present in so many other species, and have been observed as far back as 17th century makes me less afraid of them. Just like anything, they need to be kept in the proper balance and quality.

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 2

What I think I understood from the article –correct me if you find otherwise – is that the more brain sand/calcification, the less melatonin is produced.  And melatonin is profoundly protective of the brain.

Also, the composition of the brain sand may alter its effects... These days there's a lot of  unnatural fluoride (meaning not what plants would pick up from healthy soil)... this and other toxins were probably not a major component before modern times. Because the pineal lies outside the blood-brain barrier, all these toxins have access. 

• Like 1

Oh yes, fluorine is a different story. That's probably bonding too much calcium and mucking up the overall performance.

19 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Not surprised to see curcumin on this list. The rate of Alzheimer’s/Dimentia cases in countries where turmeric is a dietary staple is shown to be about HALF of that in the States. 

Ive always thought it had more to do with it’s anti inflammatory properties though. Interesting angle with the pineal, and seems to line up with Bindi’s study. 

Glad I eat Tumeric almost every day great stuff

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lifeforce said:

https://youtu.be/LuxntX7Emzk

The Bible, when read correctly, not literally as organised authoritarian religions tell us, explains the pineal gland.

Yes It also tells something else let’s see how many understand this verse 

31In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. 32But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. 

9 hours ago, Zork said:

Thanks for the answer. Keep in mind that tooth health can be a genetic blessing though. I have known people that rarely brush their teeth but still have excelent teeth.

Teeth are directly related to jing and reflect physical vitality. Slave traders would inspect teeth to gain insight of health.

I also use flouride free toothpaste. It took me a few months though before I could make the transition and my teeth feel fine now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rideforever said:

The pineal gland sends you to sleep.  So it's not a great deal of use if you want to wake up.

In terms of its physical location it is neither at the back of the head where most people awaken, nor in the forehead where other centres exist.   Thinking occurs from the forehead.   The third eye centres are in the forehead (front of head). 

It might interest some people to start noticing what information is conveyed on ancient paintings.

As for the health benefits, well it's worth a shot.

pineal.jpg

kkk.jpg

Arnt the most "awakened" people in the deepest states of relaxation?

Which ancient paintings are you referring to?

3 minutes ago, MooNiNite said:

The kundalini should be the greatest mechanism for stimulating and purifying the pineal gland.

Do people who activate kundalini return to youthfulness though, youthfulness being an external marker for pineal activation? Like the 4 and a 1/2 to 5 year old chickens who returned to egg laying and health after transplantation of day old chick pineal glands. To my knowledge only Neidanists claim return to youthfulness as one of the effects of neidan, it's not mentioned in any other spiritual system that I know of.   

• Like 1

I understand the pineal as being relevant to both day and night, melatonin is secreted in different amounts during the night and day depending on light level. Its secretions peak during the nighttime, which makes us feel drowsy. 

One possible tie up that I am considering is that the pineal works via darkness and light, is it only coincidence that dark and light are yin and yang colour codes specifically? 

53 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Do people who activate kundalini return to youthfulness though, youthfulness being an external marker for pineal activation? Like the 4 and a 1/2 to 5 year old chickens who returned to egg laying and health after transplantation of day old chick pineal glands. To my knowledge only Neidanists claim return to youthfulness as one of the effects of neidan, it's not mentioned in any other spiritual system that I know of.   

alchemy is based on an inverse relation to reproduction. So at age 16 - the mind is in control along with the reproductive organs - but the mind originates from Yuan shen (from before birth) and the reproductive energy from yuan jing - and the shen goes under the jing to return to the Yuan Qi of the Dao.

So this process requires that what otherwise would be used for reproduction is then RETURNED back to the pineal gland and the thymus gland of the heart - the Lecithin is what myelinates the nerves so they can hold charge - just as an electric eel functions.

So the pineal gland and thymus get hot and get bigger - and the fontanelle of the skull gets soft and pulsates with qi - just like a baby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bindi said:

My belief is that youthfulness is a result of kundalini. I would assume youthfulness should be some type of marker for pineal activation. Iv never heard of pineal gland transplantation.  (Very interesting though, considering some believe it to be the seat of the soul)

Many systems believe cultivation leads to youthfulness and to be connected with healing.

Witch Doctor, Medicine Man, Healing Master, Buddha Healing. 

Buddhas are often compared to children so even their state of being is something like a child. Full belly laughing. 

On a side note i think creating music is connected to the pineal gland activation (among many other activities requiring concentration and feeling/animal brain). So in theory, looking at musicians should give you some insight if cultivation leads to youthfulness. However, as my friend argues many musicians wear make up and have fake hair, so its hard to tell. 

Taka is 30

latest?cb=20160316052427

These guys are in there 40s

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MooNiNite said:

Which ancient paintings are you referring to?

If you look carefully at traditional spiritual paintings, certain areas of the body are illuminated or otherwise indicated as being active.